Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Agnelle gloves arrived - very pleased. Soft and supple, looking forward to wearing them if the temperature ever drops........
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Personally I prefer the sound in my Bond Cinema Room

No crisp bag rattles, sweet bags scrunching, popcorn munching, drink slurping and non stop chattering
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Personally I prefer the sound in my Bond Cinema Room

No crisp bag rattles, sweet bags scrunching, popcorn munching, drink slurping and non stop chattering

Wait until WJ is older. :D
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the compliments on the OB comparison, gents! I did try to have a bit of fun with it.

The main reason I wanted to get some pics up here is to show the shirts side-by-side, not only close-up, but further away like we see on-screen. Sure the weaves look very different (and distinct) up close, but with the camera about 18 inches from the shirts, you can even see the "Orlebar Brown" text on the buttons. But when stepping back with the camera (about 4-5 feet), the details and weave become more subtle and less visible. Therefore, I think either shirt is a viable candidate for the Morocco train shirt. Let's hope we can get some more hi-res images and/or confirmation from the wardrobe department.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Received the Boss Pizzoli in navy as an alternative to the (pricey) TF blouson. Overall I'm quite pleased with it, very high quality and for a fraction of the price, you get (as Le Chiffre would say) a reasonable rate of return. Pockets are quite different (zips covered), but together with the Agnelle gloves they are beginning to create the Solden look for me.

Now where can I get those vintage Vuarnets...
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Spectre was the first film I've ever seen in IMAX and while the picture was good, it was the sound that just blew me away. Best I've ever heard in the cinema.

Yeah the sound was def amazing in IMAX, especially the train fight and of course the finale with MI6 being blown up!! BOOOOM! :)

+1 the IMAX experience was fantastic! Could feel every explosion on my chest! Amazing {[]
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Since the day I was in IMAX for the first time (I think for "Avengers") I'm avoiding all the other cinemas, at least when it comes to action movies. There is just such a huge difference in the experience you get in IMAX and a regular theather that it's absolutely worth that extra price. Only in IMAX you can hear Bond's skull slowly cracking when Hinx is squeezing it... A pretty intense moment which was absolutely gone in a regular cinema thanks to the poor sound.

"Godzilla" was an absolute joy to watch in IMAX by the way -{ The sound effects were just mind blowing in it.
    Received this in the mail the other day and finally got around to taking a few quick pics -

BC%20Linen%20Blend%20Jacket%201R.jpg

BC%20Jacket%20amp%20TF%20Knit%20Tie%201R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Great stuff Craig!!

How close is it to the screen one??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    All of the exterior details match up with the specs on the Morocco jacket - 3-button, two flap pockets, ticket pocket, notch lapels, double vents, 4-button sleeves. (apologies, Matt S. if I got any of the terminology incorrect). It's the same C1011 color code given to us by the reps at BC (although I'm taking those codes with a grain of salt because they didn't provide us with photos to go along with those items). The jacket is 51% wool, 41% linen, and 8% silk.

The only visible difference I see is in the lining. As you can see in the first pic, there is a partial navy silk lining, whereas in the film jacket, it looks like there is a matching beige/brown lining, or the lining was removed altogether.

Spectre%20Morocco%20still%201.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    All of the exterior details match up with the specs on the Morocco jacket - 3-button, two flap pockets, ticket pocket, notch lapels, double vents, 4-button sleeves. (apologies, Matt S. if I got any of the terminology incorrect). It's the same C1011 color code given to us by the reps at BC (although I'm taking those codes with a grain of salt because they didn't provide us with photos to go along with those items). The jacket is 51% wool, 41% linen, and 8% silk.

The only visible difference I see is in the lining. As you can see in the first pic, there is a partial navy silk lining, whereas in the film jacket, it looks like there is a matching beige/brown lining, or the lining was removed altogether.

Spectre%20Morocco%20still%201.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

The jacket in the film looks like it has slanted pockets, though no stills show the pockets. I couldn't notice a ticket pocket in the film, but that doesn't mean it's not there. The jacket in the film still has the lining, based on the photo above.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Hi Matt

Yes believe your right about pockets being slanted!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    They are slanted in the movie, yes.
    Thanks for the additional info, Matt. I'd be very curious to see some more pics from this sequence in the film then. I haven't been able to track down a linen or linen-blend jacket with slanted pockets. They all appear to have straight pockets (if that's what they're called) and the third ticket pocket. I don't have my Bond On Set book handy, but I'll have to check it when I get home tonight. I know there's a shot between takes at the train station, but I think Bond is sitting down on the baggage - not sure if the pockets are visible there or not. Seems like Bond has his hands in his pockets for much of this scene. I guess they were waiting a long time, not just between takes. ;)

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Thanks for the additional info, Matt. I'd be very curious to see some more pics from this sequence in the film then. I haven't been able to track down a linen or linen-blend jacket with slanted pockets. They all appear to have straight pockets (if that's what they're called) and the third ticket pocket. I don't have my Bond On Set book handy, but I'll have to check it when I get home tonight. I know there's a shot between takes at the train station, but I think Bond is sitting down on the baggage - not sure if the pockets are visible there or not. Seems like Bond has his hands in his pockets for much of this scene. I guess they were waiting a long time, not just between takes. ;)

Kind regards,
    Craig

I looked at the photo of him sitting on the baggage and I think I can make out the slanted pockets. Some call slanted pockets "hacking pockets". Though the pockets on the O'Connor suits are slanted, I wouldn't call those hacking pockets because the slant is quite shallow.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Something different. These are jolly nice and fit like the proverbial. :D

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Just watched it again... I did not see a ticket pocket (as I was specifically looking for it after reading this thread).. There is a good view when he hands over his PPK at Blofield's lair.. Did not notice one..
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Something different. These are jolly nice and fit like the proverbial. :D

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

Ah perfect, looking good Expat {[]

Tried mine on yesterday and wanted opinions from those that have them... The strap on the back of the hand seems quite loose and to be blunt, a bit of a waste of time other than to add something fancy, because it certainly doesn't seem to add any tension to keep the glove tight. Opinions and comments from other owners???

I've been wearing Dents gloves since long before Skyfall and have those gloves too, so really rate their stuff. These gloves are great and as a sports performance car driver I'm looking forward to putting them to the test. But the flappy strap is looking like it's going to get cut off. Not SA, but then the gloves look just as smart without such a fancy detail.
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Thanks. {[]

Your probably right about the strap being superfluous, but maybe they wanted to get there name visible or something?

i like Dents other gloves too, but I was nicely surprised how well made these are.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
  • Agent_7777Agent_7777 LondonPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Gentlemen,

1st post here so please be nice :)) - i may go off on one here as a way of introducing myself, please either feel free to skip reading or move this post to a more relevent forum location.

Have to agree with Skippy, the Dents driving gloves are beautiful but the strap does feel a bit like an after thought ( as it appears to have no functional use ). Saying that, they are wonderful gloves and a joy to wear ( i can even pretend my Nissan is and Aston now :D

Personally i've been follwoing this forum for about a year or so now but never joined until now, i'm hoping to contribute to this wonderful forum family.

Personally i've been a Bond fan since seeing AVTAK in the Cinema all those years ago, been hooked ever since.

I work at The Barbican Centre in London, we had the 50 years of Bond exhibition here a few years ago and i was fortunate to be invitied to go on a tour of the EON archives ( based on North London ). We were taken around all of the props, costumes etc by Meg Simmonds, who i have to say was so gracious with her knowledge and time. The tour started off by each of us being given a pair of white cotton gloves to put on, and the next thing we know, Meg is passing around a PPK used in the films by Sean Connery.... well that was just the start, for the next 2 hours we were taken on a wonderful tour of all costumes, props, set designs by Ken Adams etc from all the Bond films to date ( SF was just starting filming at the time if memory serves ). Only downside was that we couldn't take pics on the tour. I did take some pics of the exhibition when it was here, more than happy to post them if i can work out how to do it.

About half way into the tour Meg says "oh, let me just see if Michael has finished", next thing we know she's introducing us to Michael Wilson, who just happened to be in the studio... this really was the stuff of dreams come true. The highlight of the tour had to be getting to hold The Golden Gun.

Anyway, i've taken enough of your time.

Best wishes.
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Welcome! We're all nice and friendly here! Great story, how very lucky!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Welcome! And great story for your introduction
    Received a response on my Instagram from the CEO of Matchless regarding my video review of their jacket and their customer experience...interesting:

matchlessmalenotti@thebondexperience bravo! I really like the video. You did great. I have to tell you that Matchless is not responsable for our e-commerce. The website and the store is run by a third party company @diana_corp so please forward all your comments to them. As for the release of the jackets and the availability, you need to know that the success of the Craig blouson was unbelievable and we sold almost the all production of the 700 pieces in one night! You are very lucky to get one of the exclusive Craig Blouson and you must be very proud about it! I love the jacket and personally I made the one for Daniel Craig. The Craig blouson is now one of the Matchless iconic piece and will stay forever in our collection. I saw many pictures with you wearing the jacket and the fit is absolutely perfect. The quality of the leather is the top in the market, very expensive and the design is made with a top costume designer in the world. In the movie James Bond looks very MATCHLESS in Marocco.... In term of style is the best moment of the movie! Anyway I'm always available 24/7 by email and phone calls so please do not hesitate to contact me for any issues: malenotti@matchlesslondon.com +390415971500 If anyone is unhappy about the amazing Craig Blouson, please send them back asap we have 3000 people in our waiting list Just for you to know Spectre is consider the best James Bond movie ever. Your Matchless jacket is now part of the history. You must consider seriously your comments in the video! People can mistakes and the pictures you showed about the quality refer to only ONE jacket bought by a customer, who bought more than 9 pieces for himself or maybe not! I'm in the business for a while and I never seen something like this.... Why you buy 9 jackets all togheter! So I believe in the costumer experience, but not when people tried to damage the companies.... Anyway you are welcome to come in Milan and visit our showroom and the new Star Wars collection. Then when the value of my company will be the same of Apple 120 bln I will thank you again and remeber your honest review. All the best, MM
    matchlessceo.jpg
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Just for you to know Spectre is consider the best James Bond movie ever.

And apparently he should know! He's soon going to be worth as much as Apple! :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Then when the value of my company will be the same of Apple 120 bln I will thank you again and remeber your honest review.

VAGUELY OMINOUS!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Sounds like a wholly unpleasant individual. That email is full of veiled insults.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    It's disappointing for him to disassociate from the e-commerce side blaming a third party. To the customer it is all one experience.

Also asking you to send comments to them is ridiculous. As the head Of matchless and paying for the service, he should be contacting them to lift their game.
  • Agent_7777Agent_7777 LondonPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Sounds like Matchless really value their customers 8-)

I love the way he questions you for buying 9 jackets... who cares how many you buy. I bet they didn't question you when they took your money for them. Sorry you had this experience, but please keep up the good work, the customer is always right {[]
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Agent_7777 wrote:
    Gentlemen,

1st post here so please be nice :)) - i may go off on one here as a way of introducing myself, please either feel free to skip reading or move this post to a more relevent forum location.

Have to agree with Skippy, the Dents driving gloves are beautiful but the strap does feel a bit like an after thought ( as it appears to have no functional use ). Saying that, they are wonderful gloves and a joy to wear ( i can even pretend my Nissan is and Aston now :D

Personally i've been follwoing this forum for about a year or so now but never joined until now, i'm hoping to contribute to this wonderful forum family.

Personally i've been a Bond fan since seeing AVTAK in the Cinema all those years ago, been hooked ever since.

I work at The Barbican Centre in London, we had the 50 years of Bond exhibition here a few years ago and i was fortunate to be invitied to go on a tour of the EON archives ( based on North London ). We were taken around all of the props, costumes etc by Meg Simmonds, who i have to say was so gracious with her knowledge and time. The tour started off by each of us being given a pair of white cotton gloves to put on, and the next thing we know, Meg is passing around a PPK used in the films by Sean Connery.... well that was just the start, for the next 2 hours we were taken on a wonderful tour of all costumes, props, set designs by Ken Adams etc from all the Bond films to date ( SF was just starting filming at the time if memory serves ). Only downside was that we couldn't take pics on the tour. I did take some pics of the exhibition when it was here, more than happy to post them if i can work out how to do it.

About half way into the tour Meg says "oh, let me just see if Michael has finished", next thing we know she's introducing us to Michael Wilson, who just happened to be in the studio... this really was the stuff of dreams come true. The highlight of the tour had to be getting to hold The Golden Gun.

Anyway, i've taken enough of your time.

Best wishes.

hi there :)
    great story about the ppk. I (or better we) would love to see pics of the whole lot. It's very easy to upload them, just click on"add image to post" and choose the ones you want to share and the restt will be done automatically :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"