Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    David discusses a very serious condition afflicting Bond fans: Post Spectre Syndrome or P.S.S. A public service message around the cure for P.S.S. takes on the form of our traditional Bond Holiday Gift Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCzHNreMi0&feature=youtu.be

David,

Absolutely hilarious! Loved the PMS... er, PSS... discussion. Unfortunately the missus has you blacklisted ever since I showed her the Skyfall tux video and she bothered to check the price, so this very important public health message will remain ignored by her... :))
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Michele Malenotti, the CEO of Matchless for nearly 30 minutes. As you all know, Michele had posted a response to my review vlog of the Matchless Craig Blouson last week. We connected via email soon after and had agreed we should chat by phone.
    I will just highlight some of the conversation because our intention is to have a vlog soon (and perhaps a Skype interview) that shares much of the shared passion amongst Michele and I around the customer experience and Bond specifically.
    The subjects covered:
    • My vlog and his appreciation of it
    • How it felt for him to watch and hear about the customer experience issues
    • The production issues
    • The story of how they acquired the job of making the Craig blouson
    • The discussion of accuracy and changes
    • Sales
    • E-commerce partners and EX-partners
    • The importance of the personal customer touches
    • New venues in countries
    • His passion to get better and win the loyalty of the customer
    I don’t have the typing capability nor the time to detail the entire conversation but rest assured I will be doing a video (easier for me to recount it talking to a camera) in an upcoming vlog…soon. I will say this…as usual there is nothing like talking to a person to establish understanding and to help each other empathize with viewpoints…I believe this will be an engaging start to some interesting discussions….

Michele_Malenotti.jpg

Well done David - I anticipated it might turn out like this...hopefully now he has the welfare of the Bond fan base at heart we'll get some meaningful developments.

Let me know when you need back up for the inevitable invite to Matchless HQ!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    Both Orlebar Brown shirts below now in the sale - the Malone and Morton in Sphere (not the new season Morton II)

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/sale/mens-sale/morton-sale/sphere-blue

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/sale/mens-sale/malone-sale/sky

DBS wrote:
    I received my OB Malone shirt in Sky, and since I currently own the previous season's Morton shirt in Sphere, I decided to do a side-by-side comparison.

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%202R.jpg

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%203R.jpg

OB%20Malone-Morton%20Compare%201R.jpg

And finally a little comparison shot (with the help of Photoshop) alongside one of the only still images we have of the screen shirt (Malone is on the left, Morton is on the right) -

Matchless%20Morocco%20OB%20Compare%201.jpg

In my opinion, there still isn't enough evidence to say, for certain, that it's either shirt. What we really need is some hi-res images from the train sequence since we don't have confirmation from Jany or anyone in the Wardrobe department. But I think these two are the likeliest candidates.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Thanks for the heads up Craig. Out of interest which one do you think looks nicer? From the pics I would say the Malone.
  • 008Wong008Wong Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    I have had the right pleasure to visit the Selfridges Store in London which I have been meaning to do for a while and lukily I got to see the actual SPECTRE suits that Craig donned. I felt out of my depth in terms of prestigious luxurious threads but one of my life goals. I will stick to my Hugo Boss suits for now, lol.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg
  • LqLq Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Hello to all my bond and Brothers out there ,
    this is an urgent S.O.S appeal for a Tom Ford knitted polo in navy blue Euro size 46 .
    Please if anyone can help that will be great.
    P.S I have spoken to my contact at Tom Ford London but they are no help so if anyone has a size 46 and wants to sell it please private message me .
    Thanks L.Q
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Shirt.jpg
    This help?
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • SAS Prince Malko LingeSAS Prince Malko Linge U.S.APosts: 16MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Santa has been good to me ! JV Jacket & N.Peal mock neck :)
    shooter.gif

SEMPER OCCULTUS"
    image1.jpg
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    looks terrific! Enjoy the outfit
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Just tried Mr Whites jacket in in Dior. Very luxurious and the side pockets are roomier than I thought. Had to size a 50 as they are quite roomy. They have a 48 also. £1300, Dior don't do sales here at Bicester. They've sold 6 so far.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Santa has be good to me ! JV Jacket & N.Peal mock neck :)
    shooter.gif

SEMPER OCCULTUS"
    image1.jpg

LOOKS GREAT! Santa knows his stuff!
    The Mantis wrote:
    Santa has be good to me ! JV Jacket & N.Peal mock neck :)
    shooter.gif

SEMPER OCCULTUS"
    image1.jpg

LOOKS GREAT! Santa knows his stuff!

Thank you !
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Looks great. What size do you wear?
    Friedl41 wrote:
    Medium for the J.V Jacket, Medium for all N.Peal sweater.
    For Ref I am 6'2", 175 lbs, I wear 34 pants size.
    For your info the Pants is from CHARLES TYRWHITT
    http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-casualwear/mens-casual-pants/Charcoal-puppytooth-Slim-fit-cotton-flannel-pants?q=usddefault||ha056cha|||||||||||||&ppp=113
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Looks like the Mulberry gloves are on sale. Just picked up a pair of 9.5.

http://www.mulberry.com/us/shop/family/gloves-search/day-glove-black-deerskin
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Friedl41 wrote:
    http://www.ctshirts.com/mens-casualwear/mens-casual-pants/Charcoal-puppytooth-Slim-fit-cotton-flannel-pants?q=usddefault||ha056cha|||||||||||||&ppp=113

The CT trousers are a great alternative to the SA ones, managed to pick up a pair myself a few weeks back (they had been out of stock) plus I had a voucher from CT as well so it was an even better buy :D
    Llafyks wrote:
    Friedl41 wrote:

The CT trousers are a great alternative to the SA ones, managed to pick up a pair myself a few weeks back (they had been out of stock) plus I had a voucher from CT as well so it was an even better buy :D
    Yes they are! those pants were on Sale before Xmas. It was a great deal
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,660Chief of Staff
    Llafyks wrote:

Those trousers do look a very credible alternative - alas out of stock in my size in the UK :#

Worth checking back for though - thanks -{
    YNWA 97
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Just a quick aside on the topic of matchless, anyone catch what appears to be the Craig blouson in hunter green worn by matt Damon at the end of the Martian?

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    It has collar hooks. Maybe it was the John Varvatos original, although that was a brown, I believe.
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

Those trousers do look a very credible alternative - alas out of stock in my size in the UK :#

I bought a pair yesterday and although they were a little large on the waist, Charles Tyrwhitt offer an alteration service for a modest cost. I'm having the waist taken in by 2 inches, 2 day turnaround for £15. The trousers were in the sale too, so were £35 instead of £50, so my alteration effectively takes the price back to the original, however I've got a fantastic pair of trousers which fit me perfectly.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    OK I swore after my trip to N Peal in London earlier in the month that was it - SANTA was broke.
    But then as you do life has a habit of throwing you a curve ball. Allow me to explain. I have been eyeing up the Canada Goose Lodge Hoody jacket is Spirit and assumed I was a Med. I checked Revolve every now and then but this size was always out of stock. Then by chance a Med appeared so I pulled the trigger. Later I got a mail confirming and then a few days later saying they could not find then lastly yes you guessed it sorry lost it. But hey here is a code for 25% off anything you purchase in the next 7 days.

Purely by chance I saw the same jacket in Harrods the other day (on our annual trip to the sales) and they had a small. So I just tried it on as a whim expecting a very maybe too snug fit. Hey presto it fitted fine despite me throwing my arms around to prove to the contrary - bugger are they still in stock at Revolve (£351 vs 599 at Harrods you see). It was so I placed an order forgetting I had the code from the week before. Got home later that day then saw the code, so sent them a mail and they fulfilled it with 25% off my order. That takes it down to about £260 - I think that was a bit of a result and nice way to end a fruitful 2015. Just awaiting the DVD or iTunes relase of the film in early 2016.

For anyone contemplating Revolve (they still have smalls left I am 5ft 8ins and 38-39 chest if that helps) you can now get 30% off with Endofyear30 code so may be worth a shot

Good luck

Cheers :-)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    you lucky bugger , I had to go to RIP off harrods (£599) because I needed a large and no one would ship to the Uk (canada goose wont allow it ) Happy though because its a fabulous jacket and all you need is a tshirt underneath.
    Your love it a very happy new year for you.
    Bond44 wrote:
    OK I swore after my trip to N Peal in London earlier in the month that was it - SANTA was broke.
    But then as you do life has a habit of throwing you a curve ball. Allow me to explain. I have been eyeing up the Canada Goose Lodge Hoody jacket is Spirit and assumed I was a Med. I checked Revolve every now and then but this size was always out of stock. Then by chance a Med appeared so I pulled the trigger. Later I got a mail confirming and then a few days later saying they could not find then lastly yes you guessed it sorry lost it. But hey here is a code for 25% off anything you purchase in the next 7 days.

Purely by chance I saw the same jacket in Harrods the other day (on our annual trip to the sales) and they had a small. So I just tried it on as a whim expecting a snug fit. Hey presto it fitted fine despite me throwing my arms around to prove to the contrary - bugger are they still in stock at Revolve (£351 vs 599 at Harrods you see). It was so I placed an order forgetting I had the code from the week before. Got home later that day then saw the code, so sent them a mail and they fulfilled it with 25% off my order. That takes it down to about £260 - I think that was a bit of a result and nice way to end a fruitful 2015. Just awaiting the DVD or iTunes relase of the film in early 2016.

For anyone contemplating Revolve (they still have smalls left I am 5ft 8ins and 38-39 chest if that helps) you can now get 30% off with Endofyear30 code so may be worth a shot

Good luck

Cheers :-)
    007 reporting for duty
    Sir Miles wrote:

I bought a pair yesterday and although they were a little large on the waist, Charles Tyrwhitt offer an alteration service for a modest cost. I'm having the waist taken in by 2 inches, 2 day turnaround for £15. The trousers were in the sale too, so were £35 instead of £50, so my alteration effectively takes the price back to the original, however I've got a fantastic pair of trousers which fit me perfectly.

Did you buy them in store ? Their website aside they were out of stock ?
    YNWA 97
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    What can I say could not have planned it even if I had tried and I swear it only happened because I swore I was done for this year - it's a funny old world :D

P.S Does help having a head office in NY though for deliveries will pick it up on my next trip in Jan :007)

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Quite pleased with these budget boots:
    shoes.jpg

Reduced from £135 (which is a bit ludicrous) to a much more reasonable £29 in French Connection outlet at Cheshire Oaks, two pairs left in size UK9/EU43
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Double post
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, Charles Tyrwhitt in Manchester had 3 pairs in store yesterday. The 38w 32L were the nearest for me, but I needed a 36w, so they offered the alteration, which I'll get tomorrow. The material is a very smooth brushed cotton, almost moleskin-like really. Im a fan of Tyrwhitt shirts - I know they're not up to Turnbull & Asser standard (I got the CR dress shirt for my recent wedding, so can vouch for the difference) but they are Jermyn Street and are very good value for money.
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, Charles Tyrwhitt in Manchester had 3 pairs in store yesterday. The 38w 32L were the nearest for me, but I needed a 36w, so they offered the alteration, which I'll get tomorrow. The material is a very smooth brushed cotton, almost moleskin-like really. Im a fan of Tyrwhitt shirts - I know they're not up to Turnbull & Asser standard (I got the CR dress shirt for my recent wedding, so can vouch for the difference) but they are Jermyn Street and are very good value for money.

Ah...thought it must have been...always found the staff friendly in there...if I get a chance I'll pop in -{
    YNWA 97
    Still 2 pairs in there this afternoon when I collected mine from being altered. The staff are very good in that branch, I concur! -{ -{
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,331MI6 Agent
    Anyone in the area able to pick up the 32" pair for me? Will PayPal the money immediately.

Cheers,

MB