Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Finally managed to get a hold of a pair of the Vuarnet’s. In my opinion simply one of the coolest, most unique collectibles from the DC bond era. If you can find a pair at a reasonable price I would certainly recommend them for show& tell value alone!
    bjcork.jpg

Still searching desperately for the black leather nose piece to make the 100% screen accurate. I’ve been reading through various threads and articles from around a year ago and haven’t been able to find anything solid. Does anybody know where/how it could be found??
    Also – has anyone else noticed how the arms can be extended/retracted? Just an extra detail I thought was cool.
    2dmkoo.jpgvy01mg.jpg

Thanks guys for your help
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Still searching desperately for the black leather nose piece to make the 100% screen accurate. I’ve been reading through various threads and articles from around a year ago and haven’t been able to find anything solid. Does anybody know where/how it could be found??

If the glasses you bought didn't come with it, it's going to very difficult to find just the nose piece by itself. You could always go to a leather craftsman and see if it's possible to get one made for you? That'd probably be a cheaper option.
  • FlightyFlighty Southampton , EnglandPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    Finally managed to get a hold of a pair of the Vuarnet’s. In my opinion simply one of the coolest, most unique collectibles from the DC bond era. If you can find a pair at a reasonable price I would certainly recommend them for show& tell value alone!
    bjcork.jpg

Also – has anyone else noticed how the arms can be extended/retracted? Just an extra detail I thought was cool.
    2dmkoo.jpgvy01mg.jpg

I may have a spare I'd be willing to part with if your interested?
    Last rat standing.
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

If the glasses you bought didn't come with it, it's going to very difficult to find just the nose piece by itself. You could always go to a leather craftsman and see if it's possible to get one made for you? That'd probably be a cheaper option.

I bought a pair of cheep glacier glasses with a wind guard for around £20 and then removed the wind guard for my Vuarnets. It looks pretty good and a cheap alternative until I find the real deal.
    I've attached a link for some similar ones for sale on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Wind-Guard-CE-Tactical-Sunglasses-Rothco-10380-/231551642666?hash=item35e98dac2a

Hope this helps. Good luck with your search.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    mallory5 wrote:

I bought a pair of cheep glacier glasses with a wind guard for around £20 and then removed the wind guard for my Vuarnets. It looks pretty good and a cheap alternative until I find the real deal.

That's a really good option. Does the cheaper glasses guard fit on the Vuarnets very well? Looking at that eBay picture it seems like it would be pretty accurate visually.
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    My favorite and most worn piece by far from Spectre is the JV Cafe racer. We had a very mild winter in NY and I wore it all the way through, many times with the NPeal mock turtle. The outfit felt great and I got many complements. Now the weather is warmer but the JV is still my go to jacket - perfect with a T shirt underneath. It can look dressed up or casual.
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    I have attached images of my Vuarnet sunglasses with a wind guard from the cheap glacier glasses on eBay. It is a bit of a tight fit but the leather has stretched over time. Great for skiing.

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    PM sent!

Blair
    Flighty wrote:
    bjcork.jpg

2dmkoo.jpgvy01mg.jpg

Thanks you so much, I will send you a private message!!
    You could always go to a leather craftsman and see if it's possible to get one made for you? That'd probably be a cheaper option.
    I bought a pair of cheep glacier glasses with a wind guard for around £20 and then removed the wind guard for my Vuarnets.

Both great suggestions. thanks guys, your help is very much appreciated.
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Just wanted to throw my two cents in on the Kenton boots. I'd been eying them for a while but was looking for an 11 in the Boulder color - believe it or not I've had a pair of J Crew "Bennett" chukkas in the Sahara color for a few years. I typically wear a US 11 in dress shoes, UK 10 (C&J Tetbury and Islay, John White Westbury).

I bought a pair of 10.5 Kentons in Boulder on eBay hoping I had some leeway and worst case I could have a cobbler try to stretch them. Unfortunately some of the comments about them running a bit narrow seem to hold water - even with thin dress socks they were uncomfortable at the widest point of my feet.

In a happy coincidence, I had kept a tab with the J Crew page open and noticed a pair of 11.5s came up in stock. Even better I got 25% off! These fit much better and are really nice boots. Stylish and unique with the red sole. I'm definitely glad to have snagged a pair.

If anyone on AJB is looking for a pair of Boulder Kentons in 10.5 I'd be happy to sell them along rather than ship them back to the eBay seller. Please PM if you're interested otherwise I want to get them back to the seller. They haven't been worn more than 10 minutes around the house.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Taking a cue from another thread, I know there is always questions in what do people wear with their Bond pieces that are not complete outfits. Thought I would share....here is the Matchless with the Sunspel long sleeve Spectral grey, Acne DC jeans, and suede desert boots. Off to work....
    image.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Works well , is that some grey hairs too david :))
    The Mantis wrote:
    Taking a cue from another thread, I know there is always questions in what do people wear with their Bond pieces that are not complete outfits. Thought I would share....here is the Matchless with the Sunspel long sleeve Spectral grey, Acne DC jeans, and suede desert boots. Off to work....
    image.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

Looking great man. Do we have a link to the exact Acne jeans?
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I'm liking that outfit a lot David. And, given that the TF grey polo was found in Bond's suitcase, and that a grey polo was created by Sunspel for Spectre, I think you've e got a really individual look with some seriously Bondonian undertones that would only be picked up by the most avid of memorabilia followers. Not to mention the other obvious Bond shout outs. Very cool. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I mix and match all the time. In fact I rarely if ever have worn a complete "outfit"
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Good look David!

I wrote a post about combining some budget alternatives to create some different looks, based on the Harrington jacket.
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/05/12/4-ways-to-wear-the-james-bond-harrington/

May be of interest to some of you.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

The grey polo looks great. I wish we'd see Bond wearing polos other than navy.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Breaking in my newly acquired Henry's here on a georgeous day in New York City!

image.jpg
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    image.jpg

Looking good David! My Sunspel is in the post.
    Waiting eagerly :007)
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    Breaking in my newly acquired Henry's here on a georgeous day in New York City!

image.jpg

Those look great drum007. I'm super jealous. But, I have a feeling that my wife may be getting me a pair for Father's Day, so I may be joining the Henry club soon enough. -{
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    These BC belts on Saks Off 5th looks pretty close to me. Thoughts?

image.jpg

http://saksoff5th.com/400904804108.html
    http://saksoff5th.com/400904800483.html
    image.jpg
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Close but think its not quite it.

I think the buckle should be like this below but possibly with a "post" fastening bar if that makes sense (looks like a dot in the middle of belt)

http://www.saksoff5th.com/pebbled-leather-belt/0400090480033.html

Its kind of like a hybrid of these belts so assuming its def BC and old season
    The browns are slightly different in the two choices above.....would it be the lighter one?
    Hmm looking at the footage of SPECTRE I think indeed the first picture from ExpatJB could be it!! :s

Looking at the train station scene etc looks spot on and the thicker edge of the buckle etc

Nice find Expat!
    Got you. I see it on www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/brunello-cucinelli-spectre

Looks mighty close though on the other Saks pics. Will post some when it arrives.
    The Mantis wrote:
    The browns are slightly different in the two choices above.....would it be the lighter one?
    the buckle is the right one on the lighter color. But you know photos, film, and color. Always misleading.

I'm giving it a shot and will see what it looks like.
    Agreed....lighter one...
    Its def not the darker one as the buckle is not a full square.

Check the scene where Bond is at the train station waiting and his jacket blows open. Think its def this.

In the scene you can see the thicker edge of the sides of the buckle

image.jpg

Im guessing they found old stock and its re-appeared as so many of us have been looking at BC belts and exhausted all stores??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Its def not the darker one as the buckle is not a full square.

Check the scene where Bond is at the train station waiting and his jacket blows open. Think its def this.

In the scene you can see the thicker edge of the sides of the buckle

image.jpg

Im guessing they found old stock and its re-appeared as so many of us have been looking at BC belts and exhausted all stores??
    I guess so.

Sizing looks interesting. Go big if you want screen accurate as it looks like DC bought the wrong one, as he is on the first hole, and then had to fold back the end. Maybe he is planning post Bond spread. :s