Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    OK last one as I'm getting dodgy looks from my Mrs

This is what finally got you dodgy looks from the Mrs?!? I would have expected our hobby to have crossed that line years ago. :))

Y'know, there are still some Royale Altaussee in XL if you want to do a true comparison. :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    I think post 6507 handles that -{

I was really trying to find a blue Bond item that was the closest to the Dior as a reference / guide. It's surprisingly bloody difficult!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent

This is what finally got you dodgy looks from the Mrs?!? I would have expected our hobby to have crossed that line years ago. :))

Ha - She was trying to catch up on her Game of Thrones but I had half my wardrobe in the sitting room!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The first pic shows what looks like pilling on the one sleeve? I had a totally cashmere overcoat once that was susceptible and frankly didn't last 5 minutes! I'm hoping Dan's replica version being a wool mix will guard against this...

Ah you referring to my pic?? If so def no pilling, prob just the way it brushed up when I handled it. It's a bit like a cat :D So far its the same as when I received it - brand new etc

Even though it's cashmere it is quite odd and hard to explain. I could imagine it wearing out with wear (e.g elbows on things etc) rather then piling for some reason.

Glad to hear it's my eyes deceiving me Welshie!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Loving this OB shirt! Not to mention the tried and true Tetburys!
    image.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I thought this was a nice alternative to the Acne beanie:

ues_wool_knit_cap_dark_navy_600x600.jpg

http://www.stuf-f.com/accessoires/muetzen/115/ues-wool-knit-cap-dark-navy

Being summer, I have not had a chance to wear it, but it will be very warm and the quality is excellent. Thomas, the shop's owner, worked with me on getting it shipped stateside along with a pair of Zespa sneakers. Once the VAT was taken off, both were a steal. The site is in German, but his English is excellent and he is timely with communication.

My best,
    James
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    I collected this afternoon my Morocco jacket from Brunello Cucinelli, and with sincere and grateful thanks to Blair (Meestabawnd), I was able to get this ordered through the store, the results are seen below:

DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0289.jpg
    DSC_0288.jpg
    DSC_0294.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg

These are some comparison pics with the SA BC chinos:
    DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0292.jpg

Once again many thanks to Blair and to the staff at BC who have helped out enormously.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    006, is that a ticket pocket on the jacket?
    Hey Mantis,

Yes it is - I know from Blair's jacket and from the film the ticket pocket is not present, however I did notice on the code of the jacket it is a MH4157BCD (compared toMH4157BCC as seen in the codes from Blair's jacket).

I actually quite like it - might not be totally screen accurate but it is a beautiful jacket
    The Mantis wrote:
    006, is that a ticket pocket on the jacket?
    For England James?

I understand. Just want to make sure BC is listening as I am ordering mine and I want it to be screen accurate and I know they have been putting these extra pockets on it without being told to.
    That's cool - BC were great in ensuring the lining was the same as in the film, can't fault BC enough their customer service was par excelence in their comms.

Trust me you won't be disappointed with the results :)
    For England James?

I appreciate that but alas two other members here have had it done wrong so I am a little jumpy about it. Anyway, nothing ventured nothing gained
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    I collected this afternoon my Morocco jacket from Brunello Cucinelli, and with sincere and grateful thanks to Blair (Meestabawnd), I was able to get this ordered through the store, the results are seen below:

DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0289.jpg
    DSC_0288.jpg
    DSC_0294.jpg
    DSC_0296.jpg
    DSC_0291.jpg

These are some comparison pics with the SA BC chinos:
    DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0292.jpg

Once again many thanks to Blair and to the staff at BC who have helped out enormously.

How much for the jacket if you don't mind me asking?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    on the SA BC chinos .. i thought there was an extra stiching decoration on the fron pockets? or am I thinkking wrong? 8-)

(Just asking as I wonder ... 006 the jacket and the chinos look amazing)
    I also wonder about the cost to have such a jacket made ,,, can you give us an idea?
    Hi all,

The cost for the jacket was around £1,600, BC are also good to arrange delivery and alterations included in the price.

Thanks for the great comments, in relation to the chino's - I hope the below assists:

BC_Chino.jpg
    For England James?

edited June 2016
    006 wrote:
    Hi all,

The cost for the jacket was around £1,600, BC are also good to arrange delivery and alterations included in the price.

Thanks for the great comments, in relation to the chino's - I hope the below assists:

BC_Chino.jpg

Great thank you - and re the chinos ,,, i think i confused the pictures i have seen in this blog which are from the afterlnative chinos with the BC SA version you have.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Heads up for anyone still looking for a Matchless Craig blouson, they only have Medium left, price £652.50

https://www.accentclothing.com/mens/brands/matchless/matchless-craig-blouson-man-natural
    Here is my verison of the Morocco outfit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Very nice! A much better amount of contrast between the jacket and trousers than on Craig's outfit.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    hthomas wrote:
    Here is my verison of the Morocco outfit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is a super look for you -{
    YNWA 97
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Man I wish the Jcrew Blazer was in stock in my size!

Looking good! Can you give a break down of each piece; blazer, and pants essentially haha
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Man I wish the Jcrew Blazer was in stock in my size!

Looking good! Can you give a break down of each piece; blazer, and pants essentially haha

J Crew sport coat
    J Crew 484 chinos
    J Crew Kenton boots
    TF Tie
    TF Sunglasses
    Hugo Boss shirt
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Are those the "dusty khaki" coloured 484's?
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Are those the "dusty khaki" coloured 484's?

I'll have to look. I can't remember.
    Hey all,

Bit of a Spectre run at the moment with the BC jacket, TF Morocco Tie, well I just received my latest TF suit from the end of Spectre:

0388.jpg
    0387.jpg
    0386.jpg
    0385.jpg
    0384.jpg

Enjoy!
    For England James?

• Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent
    Beautiful suit! Enjoy and congrats! -{
  • coaram94coaram94 Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Super sharp!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Very nice...I'm jealous :)
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    The pics were taken with a flash, hence the heavy shadows on the wall behind, so please keep that in mind when looking at colors. The pants in particular took a heavy dose of the flash. My external flash is out of commission at the moment, so I had to use the built-in flash on my DSLR. I'm not in the position to get these items outside in natural light to photograph them, which would be my ideal way of taking them, since that's the way we see them in the film. But I tried to minimize the glare as much as I could.

The color codes of the BC items are the same that were given to us by the BC reps. But take that with a grain of salt as they weren't confirmed by the filmmakers and costumers themselves. The style/color code on my jacket is MH4157BTC C1011, and the chinos are M218DF1050 C1581.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the Spectre jacket and chinos, taken from one of the Moroccan stills -

BC%20Jacket%20Chino%20Color%20Compare%201r.jpg

There's definitely a noticeable contrast between the jacket and trousers. I think if they were any closer in color, it would look like a mismatched suit. The difference is subtle, but noticeable. Enough to look like they are separates.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Hello Craig,
    Dear Sirs,

Could someone be so kind to confirm the BC code on the SA pants?
    I "met" the following recently and was wondering if they were SA: M015VR1050 C1651
    Width of the legs at the bottom is 18.5 cm.

Would appreciate your reply/replies.
    Thank you.
    Regards,