Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    Made in China'
    That's very disappointing'
    I expect quality manufacturing when buying expensive bond related clothing.
    At least the levis' billy Reid and tom ford jacket were all made in Italy and the Barbour made in England.
    Can't justify £600 for a made in China jacket even if it is bond related

Gutted

When you buy Varvatos you're paying for the name. Most of Bond's clothes other than Tom Ford are not designer clothes, though Daniel Craig has worn more designer clothes than any Bond from before. The clothes from luxury brands (Barbour, Smedley, N.Peal, Church's, Crockett & Jones, John Lobb) are worth their prices whilst the clothes from designer brands (Billy Reid, Levi's, Armani, Varvatos) have a premium attached to them for marketing the name, even if some of the clothes may be of good quality. Tom Ford is so expensive because you're paying for both quality and the name.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    The Giorgio Armani jacket (which I had in my possesion) is awesome quality - not to be confused with the sub-par Armani Jeans / Emporio Armani lot
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Where was it made? (Armani jacket)
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
    Cant remember but surely Italy
    Was it worth £4000
    Dont think it cost that much :D
    Sorry $4000 just read it on the suits of jb
    When it comes to "luxury" goods its all subjective about what they are worth.

I think it's fair to say no luxury good is worth its value if you break down the cost - Tom Ford, Apple, Rolex / Omega, Range Rovers lol

Just by looking at the Varvatos pics on here (mine aint arrived) I'm 100% sure it will be miles better then a high street shop product regardless where its made! E.g. a Zara or Topshop suede jacket

Cost / worth it?? Thats solely depends on the individuals status! A discussion that will be eternal and well, pointless {[]
    Cost/ worth: it' isn't so ambiguous
    If it's made in a country like England / Italy / USA and so on' by a long established company who manufacture all their own products with skilled craftsmen and use quality material ( like Crockett and Jones / smedley etc) then it's worth it regardless if you like the products or not' these type of companies don't just stick an arbitrary price on a peice because they know it will sell just because of the designer name tag. Companies like Armani/ Burberry etc might use good quality material but as long as the label says (made in China )which is just a byword for cheap s#%t then they can never be worth it.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Lindy Hemming said so: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_lindy_hemming_interview.php3
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Osiris wrote:
    Cost/ worth: it' isn't so ambiguous
    If it's made in a country like England / Italy / USA and so on' by a long established company who manufacture all their own products with skilled craftsmen and use quality material ( like Crockett and Jones / smedley etc) then it's worth it regardless if you like the products or not'

So any Rolex / Patek watch is worth it to you regardless if you like it?
    Matt S wrote:
    Osiris wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Lindy Hemming said so: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_lindy_hemming_interview.php3

Sorry I was referring how much I paid in my second reply.

Sadly it was too small - was my Bond grail :(
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    China produces some fantastic quality products. You can't label all Chinese made items as low quality and poorly made, because this is far from the truth. The sad fact is that China has some of the best manufacturing on the planet, unfortunately it also has the cheapest because of the low labor costs. But this shouldn't be confused with low quality, although they do have that end of the spectrum too.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    ^ well take a look at Apple

Wether you despise them or not their hardware quality is superb (e.g take a look at a macbook pro body)

Mass produced in China (in crazy quantity)
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    Osiris, you are right about designer clothing not being arbitrarily priced, but certainly not all high-end designer clothing is priced on a cost-basis, and thus one cannot simply conclude that it is "worth the price" because of the location of production :) Also, a good is only worth as much as the market is willing to pay.
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    nice surprise to come home to both my Sanders chukka boots And my KirkPatrick shoulder holster for waiting for me.

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    This could be a new thread. Let's try to stay on topic.

How about those trousers?
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
    nice surprise to come home to both my Sanders chukka boots And my KirkPatrick shoulder holster for waiting for me.

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

Very nice! Whats first impression of the Sanders? Mine are in the post!
    Im a McQueen fan but not on a crazy scale.

Researching the Sanders boots etc there appears to be a dispute about the "Bullit" boots. Found this on a McQueen site - sure some of the experts here will have more input
    the boots he wore in the 60s/70s were Huttons Original Playboys. Hutton invented the style and method of manufacture in the 1930s. They were made in England but hugely popular in the USA and Scandinavia. The company went bust in the 70s, but the Original Playboys name was licensed first by a Swedish company and then by a Danish one which still exists today. During the 80s and 90s their shoes were made by White and Co of Earls Barton for export only to Scandinavia due to legal problems with the Playboy name but were sold in the USA and elsewhere as 'Players'. Sanders and Sanders did not make 'official' playboys and have only been making their version of these shoes/chukkas for a few years. The originals (and the Original Playboys brand now made in Spain) use the goodyear welt construction process and a special method to bond the crepe soles to the uppers. The Sanders are not goodyear welted and the soles are cemented on to the uppers. The Sanders are great shoes, well made in the UK at a great price, but they were not worn by Steve McQueen, I'm afraid.
    with regards to the Rolex being worth it question' I don't know much about them'but producing a fine Swiss watch will have taken someone a long time to complete apprenticeship' it's a real skill. In England they only take on 8 apprentices a year to cover all fine watches (produce and repair) the course is in Manchester it was set up because there is a chronic shortage in skilled fine watch makers'
    So I suppose there are expense because of the high skill required to produce one' so in my option they are worth it regardsless if you like them
    The trousers are from primark
    Just been confirmed!
    £10.99
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

I like them alot, they're comfortable very good quality. I was a little Leery of the heel from the pictures but as soon as I open the box up I was impressed. I think they look great.
    Confirmed? By who, how? Link? :o
    Osiris wrote:
    Just been confirmed!
    £10.99
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    gregroe wrote:
    Osiris wrote:
    Just been confirmed!
    £10.99

Going by Osiris's previous posts about "Made in China" items I'd put this down as a rather obvious joke.
    Went right over this Americans head ?:)
    gregroe wrote:
    Osiris wrote:
    Just been confirmed!
    £10.99

Going by Osiris's previous posts about "Made in China" items I'd put this down as a rather obvious joke.
  • bondbymywordbondbymyword Posts: 71MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    I want to give props to Mijon at John Varvatos customer service. I contacted them about wanting the jacket in a large. Because I am in the US, he located one in one of their retail stores. They held it for me and it is being shipped to me as we speak. Incredible service.

Same here. Mijon found a Medium for me in another state and they are now shipping it my way! Their customer service is truly phenomenal.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

The soles aren't squidgy, they are reassuringly firm, the heels suffer from driving ( the foxing starts to get rubbed away) and the toe box comes up a wee bit narrow but I think that will improve with wear like many shoes. They look great and the uppers are of a high quality too. I'm pleased with mine but they can't be resoled (had it confirmed by Sanders) so it will be interesting to see how durable they are. If you look closely at the various 'Bullitt' pics you'll see the foxing on these is considerably higher than on McQueens shoes.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,097MI6 Agent
    For those still wanting the John Varvatos Racer Jacket, the JV store in Detroit has a medium and and extra large available. Still at the sale price. The website has raised it back to full price prior to restock.
    Is it me or are these different trousers? The ones on set look really light - kind of like linen!

E0EEC710-E2EB-47FF-A395-CB5C7A19AF30_zps9cfrkgrn.jpg

360DF9D5-C733-46BB-ADD5-1430EA94628A_zpssolo5xzi.jpg
    In that photo the sweater looks lighter as well. It probably just lighting