Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Awesome news. Yeah, I and others have been trying to scour the net and stores and align people to jackets. I appreciate JVs email but I can understand people wanting a "bird in hand"....
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Jacket is gone..
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I can confirm the Nordstrom jackets are the correct ones with all the seams even though the pictures do not show. Thanks to DBS for the info.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Peregrine CarruthersPeregrine Carruthers Los Angeles, CAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    I swung by a Nordstrom on my way home from work this afternoon and managed to find the jacket in size Large. I have to say, the giddy euphoria that coursed through me definitely caused me to reevaluate my priorities a bit. 8-)

Self reflection aside - the jacket is awesome, but just slightly too big for me. Before I race out and get it tailored, I figured I would wait and see if anybody here buys a medium that winds up being too small for them since my sizing dilemma has a much easier fix. Good luck, everybody!
  • esk1020esk1020 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    McQueen wrote:
    If anyone is in search of a Large, PM me. I was able to track another one down this afternoon.

I PMd you. I'm in need of a large.

Thanks
    It looks like ScoopNYC has a size small on their website for anyone looking.
  • ArcherrArcherr Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I'll add my positive remarks of this jacket to David's already stellar review. I received my JV jacket in the mail today from Nordstroms. It's absolutely stunning! First of all, it's incredibly lightweight. The entire package weighs under 2 lbs, so the jacket can't be much more than one pound (weight not UK value). It's very thin, but feels as tough as nails due to the goatskin hide. The smell is superb - there's nothing like that new leather jacket smell (much like the LVC Menlo) - unless we're talking about a new leather car smell.

The baseball stitching detail is a really nice, subtle touch! It's just above the handwarmer pockets, along the shoulder line, and down the center back. The zipper and hardware are robust, and the burnished finish compliment the marine blue suede beautifully.

As for fit, I'd say it's true to size, but it definitely has a slim-fit design. As David noted in his review, the sleeves may appear long when the sleeve zippers are undone, but the length is perfect when zipped.

To settle one last debate, the jacket I received from Nordstrom's does indeed have the horizontal panel seams, just as David's jacket from Bloomingdales. So those who have ordered from these sites, rest assured you will be receiving the correct jacket.

Here are front and back pics of my jacket for reference -

JV%20Jacket%201R.jpg

JV%20Jacket%202R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig

Craig, awesome! Send some pics with you in it, just to get an idea of the size. (visually that is)
  • timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    I can provide a size M. Send me a PM if you are interested.
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    Hi

This is my first time writing but have been reading and watching ajb007 for a while and thanks to everyone for such a fantastic site. I was lucky enough to grab a John Vavartos jacket in large from the London store yesterday. I rang them on Wednesday when news broke about the jacket being John Varvatos and asked on the off chance if they had the "Spectre" jacket in stock as at that time we still didn't know the exact model. They said they had a large that they would put aside for me and hold for a few days until I could try it on. After all the excitement yesterday I was really worried someone may sell it by mistake (especially with all the pressure as it was "sold out" everywhere"). I therefore asked my sister to pick it up for me as she works in London. When she got there she remarked how excited I was and how it seemed odd for it to be sold out everywhere. She was told by the girl serving her that the studios had just returned 7 jackets that hadn't been used for filming (having purchased 30!) and that was why the London store had some in stock. I thought I would relay the message she told me as there was some confusion yesterday as to why there was stock in the London store when it hadn't been issued any previously.
    Expecting to get the jacket Saturday so can post pictures if anyone interested but it looks from a snapshot from my sister to be the genuine article.

Ian
    WOW! Great intel...!
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Just telephoned the London shop and apparently, they just have an XL left.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    mallory5 wrote:
    Hi

This is my first time writing but have been reading and watching ajb007 for a while and thanks to everyone for such a fantastic site. I was lucky enough to grab a John Vavartos jacket in large from the London store yesterday. I rang them on Wednesday when news broke about the jacket being John Varvatos and asked on the off chance if they had the "Spectre" jacket in stock as at that time we still didn't know the exact model. They said they had a large that they would put aside for me and hold for a few days until I could try it on. After all the excitement yesterday I was really worried someone may sell it by mistake (especially with all the pressure as it was "sold out" everywhere"). I therefore asked my sister to pick it up for me as she works in London. When she got there she remarked how excited I was and how it seemed odd for it to be sold out everywhere. She was told by the girl serving her that the studios had just returned 7 jackets that hadn't been used for filming (having purchased 30!) and that was why the London store had some in stock. I thought I would relay the message she told me as there was some confusion yesterday as to why there was stock in the London store when it hadn't been issued any previously.
    Expecting to get the jacket Saturday so can post pictures if anyone interested but it looks from a snapshot from my sister to be the genuine article.

Ian

Good effort! Not just the right jacket, but a SPECTRE production jacket by the sounds of it, albeit unworn. Congrats {[]
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    Had this email this morning

Greetings Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to JV.

The style will be restocked in October to coincide with the release of the new Bond film.

Please follow-up with us then for more information.

Unfortunately, it is not available on pre-sale and we are all sold out of XS, S, and M sizing. We will be getting some L and XL sizes in a week or so, but the quantities are extremely low.

John Varvatos
    Always happy to help,
    Mijon Zulu
    Customer Care
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    ...and now to complete the outfit we must found trousers....

JV racer suede jacket
    N Peal Turtle Neck sweater
    Sanders & Sanders Playboy Chucca boots in Snuff color (confermed today via mail by factory)

and????
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Ive searched high and low for trousers though im not the best detective like the other eagle eyes on here!!

Acne did have a T Check range in previous season.

The teaser poster gives us great detail (Bond without the JV jacket) however I guess that may be promo only and not necesary what he wore in London the other day (blurry daily mail pics) e.g. Some of the Skyfall promo shots had DC in diff ties which were used with diff suits etc

Might be worth sending Tom Ford a shot of the promo / teaser pic maybe??
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Chri360936Chri360936 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I got my size small today in the mail. While I could make it work, it is just the slightest bit too small for me, so if anyone looking for a smaller size would want to trade for a medium, I'd be interested in chatting.

Chris
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ive searched high and low for trousers though im not the best detective like the other eagle eyes on here!!

Acne did have a T Check range in previous season.

The teaser poster gives us great detail (Bond without the JV jacket) however I guess that may be promo only and not necesary what he wore in London the other day (blurry daily mail pics) e.g. Some of the Skyfall promo shots had DC in diff ties which were used with diff suits etc

Might be worth sending Tom Ford a shot of the promo / teaser pic maybe??

I will do in Milan on TF store...let you know if I found some similar pattern....
    Orbis Non Sufficit
    I want to give props to Mijon at John Varvatos customer service. I contacted them about wanting the jacket in a large. Because I am in the US, he located one in one of their retail stores. They held it for me and it is being shipped to me as we speak. Incredible service.
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    I want to give props to Mijon at John Varvatos customer service. I contacted them about wanting the jacket in a large. Because I am in the US, he located one in one of their retail stores. They held it for me and it is being shipped to me as we speak. Incredible service.

Wish I could say the same for the London store - shocking service.
    Keep in mind that the October re-release of their jacket will be at list or retail price, not the sales price that you get now....
  • OsirisOsiris Russia with love Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Where is the jv jacket manufactured?
    By the way' the name is "James St. John smythe" I'm English
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    Where is the jv jacket manufactured?

Mine says China.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 448MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Keep in mind that the October re-release of their jacket will be at list or retail price, not the sales price that you get now....

On that note, if you sign-up for their email alerts ready for the re-issue, JV send you a 15% off code for your first purchase online ;)
    Made in China'
    That's very disappointing'
    I expect quality manufacturing when buying expensive bond related clothing.
    At least the levis' billy Reid and tom ford jacket were all made in Italy and the Barbour made in England.
    Can't justify £600 for a made in China jacket even if it is bond related

Gutted
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    esk1020 wrote:
    can you give me their phone number? I also would like one in large Maybe they could
    track down another one.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,099MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    esk1020 wrote:

Wish I could say the same for the London store - shocking service.

What happened? How did your experience differ from the others mentioned here? I've heard good and bad things about my local store here in the States.
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    Osiris wrote:
    Made in China'
    At least the levis' billy Reid and tom ford jacket were all made in Italy and the Barbour made in England.

Gutted

Yes I totally agree with you.
    Garment with such a price tag can't be made in China
    But Barbour was made in Bulgaria ( if we talking about tokito)
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    Norcha wrote:
    Osiris wrote:
    Made in China'

Gutted

Yes I totally agree with you.
    Garment with such a price tag can't be made in China
    But Barbour was made in Bulgaria ( if we talking about tokito)
    And N.Peal-hides this information,but they are made in Romania or Bulgaria
    EU Laws allows you to hide info about country of origin if they are made in EU.
    Just try to ask N.Peal about where their garments are made-they will pretend that they never heard your question :))
    I have the dept b
    Made in south shields
    Most bond clothing is quality:
    Smedley' Trumbull and asser' churches ' Crocker and Jones all made in England.
    I love collecting bond clothing but I won't buy any old rubbish just because it's been in a bond movie, that's why I wouldn't touch the all saints iggy with a barg pole it's all "made in China"
    Same with sunspel I bought the riviera polo and found out it's made in Turkey and the quality is not great they don't age well at all. I've switched to orlebar brown for polo shirts they are perfect' made in Portugal but very good quality