Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• timibladetimiblade Posts: 157MI6 Agent
    I have a lot of John Varvatos jackets and that Varvatos use to release the same jacket with some differences at each season.
    I look at the pictures and I'm pretty sure the jacket everybody bought is not the one on Spectre.

The screen accurate is this one : http://www.scoopnyc.com/suede-racer-jacket.html?source=pepperjam&publisherId=20648&clickId=1292951538&source=pepperjam&publisherId=43737&clickId=1293227515#image-1

The difference is the extra seam crossing the back. In this year release there is any.

In this picture of the back we can see the extra seam.
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/25/11/290E5A9D00000578-0-image-m-52_1432549216766.jpg
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    timiblade wrote:
    I have a lot of John Varvatos jackets and that Varvatos use to release the same jacket with some differences at each season.
    I look at the pictures and I'm pretty sure the jacket everybody bought is not the one on Spectre.

The screen accurate is this one : http://www.scoopnyc.com/suede-racer-jacket.html?source=pepperjam&publisherId=20648&clickId=1292951538&source=pepperjam&publisherId=43737&clickId=1293227515#image-1

The difference is the extra seam crossing the back. In this year release there is any.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/25/11/290E5A9D00000578-0-image-m-52_1432549216766.jpg

It is the same jacket. The pics on Nordstrom and Bloomingdales are not the best but it clearly has the same seam across the back.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    No there are 2 seams on the back and only one on this year version.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

IMG_1447.jpg

Not sure where Davids came from (maybe he can confirm) but his has the seam across the back
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Yes he has the horizontal seam.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

IMG_1447.jpg

Not sure where Davids came from (maybe he can confirm) but his has the seam across the back

He is talking about the seams on the sides. Very interesting. It's hard to tell in the Craig pics if there is really the other seam. Either way to me it doesnt make or break it. They are the same jacket to me.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Purchased mine from Bloomingdales. They have the seam.
    I thought Timiblade was referring to the seam across the back (horizontal) which appears missing from the Nordstrom pic?????
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I thought Timiblade was referring to the seam across the back (horizontal) which appears missing from the Nordstrom pic?????

Yep very interesting. Will wait for David to chime in.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Purchased mine from Bloomingdales. They have the seam.

Interesting. Odd that the one from Nordstrom wouldn't have the same seam. they are the same JV style number. Maybe the photo online is wrong and it will have the seam when my Nordstrom's get here.
    edited June 2015
    gents, the ones I have from Bloomingdales have the same seams that the one on scoop has...arm seams, lower back seams, rib seams etc....detail by detail...but i see what you mean by the Nordstrom pic...strange...has anyone ordered from Nordstrom? Also see the Bloomingdales pic does not have the seam in the pic but my jackets all have the seam.
    Bloomingdales pics online do not show the seams. What are the chances the seams are actually on the jackets?
    I have a John Varvatos jacket which is available every year. There is always something different, the lining, the main zip color, the seams, the leather weight but basically it's the same. Varvatos is a twisted brand.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    timiblade wrote:

John Varvatos state this was release in brown last season and navy or a Blueish Charcoal colour and The person I spoke to a Varvatos has confirmed it is the bond jacket from this season
    Ross
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    How peculiar that the seam is missing in that picture!
    timiblade wrote:
    I have a John Varvatos jacket which is available every year. There is always something different, the lining, the main zip color, the seams, the leather weight but basically it's the same. Varvatos is a twisted brand.

Thank you for pointing this all out. I think for whatever reason Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom just removed the seams from their photo's. It wouldn't make sense that JV would have two nearly identical jackets in the same season now both discounted to the same price
    The weirdest thing is its missing in Bloomingdales pic, but mine have the seam
    Im positive they will all be the same after seeing Davids from Bloomingdales (which pictures it without also lol)
    I think we are fine guys. There is no way they have 2 jackets that close one with seams and one without both at that same price.
    So just the trousers to go :D
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    I take it the JV jacket is an end of season item as it is not on the official website?
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    If you look very carefully at the back pic on the Nordstrom site, you can see where the seam was Photoshopped out. Very odd, but if you know what to look for, you can see where it was textured out. Those jackets are all the same model - Bloomies, Nordstroms, Scoop, etc.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    DBS wrote:
    If you look very carefully at the back pic on the Nordstrom site, you can see where the seam was Photoshopped out. Very odd, but if you know what to look for, you can see where it was textured out. Those jackets are all the same model.

Kind regards,
    Craig

What he said!
    There is no Photoshop moves here, the Bloomie pictures haven't the seam.
    I pretty sure there are two jackets for the only reason I saw this jacket 2 years ago on Varvatos website.
    Davids has the seam and from Bloomingdales hence if everybody gets the same then I believe all will have a SA jacket
    Mine from Nordstrom will be here Saturday. "DBS" has one headed to him also. We will know soon enough.
    Maybe Bloomingdales and Nordstrom are lazy and showing a pic from an older season
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Davids has the seam and from Bloomingdales hence if everybody gets the same then I believe all will have a SA jacket

I think this is right. Even the link on the JV website - which they sent to me telling me it was the correct jacket - doesn't have the seam in the pictures. Very interesting.

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1
    Looks like Scoop NY is now out of stock, Nordstrom too and only size S in Bloomingdales - yikes!

Film still miles away too
    This is what I'm trying to say since one hour. The jacket on Spectre is the old one.

The official jacket from THIS YEAR. NO SEAM.
    https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1

L855_R1_L_Y668_405_B.jpg