Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    The colour is interesting though, I do like that.
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    I think it's matter of own taste.
    I don't like this outfit.
    Mock neck is too baggy around the waist comparing to John smedleys turtleneck. Jacket is so,so.
    I think it's possible to find better suede bomber. And boots,they just not for me! Also looks very cheep.
    It's just me,but he should wear something better.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    I was able to get a Small and Medium ordered. I believe the Small will be the size for me but ordered a Medium to be safe. If anyone is interested in getting a Medium when I get it PM me.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Please can someone confirm the name of the jacket? I know it's a John Vavartos, but which one? Thanks.
  • themaninblackthemaninblack Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    Whit what price is sale vavartos jacketa the model is now more interesting :))
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited June 2015
    The jacket has been confirmed by JV...details are the same, but thinking the sleeves were altered a bit (maybe length)...sorry for the crappy pics but this will give you an idea of what a size medium looks like on a 40R chest, and 31 waist....as mentioned video and pics coming tonight. BTW, mediums getting scarce already and no re-issue planned.

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

-{
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    image.jpg

-{

Not the best model for the size of jacket!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Welshboy, they couldn't afford my hourly fee so they went with that waif...
    To be honest though it is quite a simple and popular design. I'm sure with a bit of digging / searching there will be a near on exact same / very close alternative out there. It's not like the Barbour from Skyfall for example where there were quite a few exact details and look to the jacket. With any look now we have the identity of the jacket we can find a reasonable priced alternative as personally for me , the price point of this is quite a lot for what it is! I am sure the quality , fit and overall package is second to none but I'm purely voicing it from a price perspective for myself. I've bought some of the expensive pieces in the past , the Levi leather jacket again from Skyfall being an example but for what this jacket is , I feel it's a lot of money for what it is. I have the mock turtleneck and would be interested in the trousers but I'd happily complete this outfit with an identical alternative.

As mentioned this is just my perspective / opinion , but I'm sure it's of unparalleled quality !! -{
    Haha

Looks better on the Bloomingdale model instead of a kid :D
    edited June 2015
    It is indeed a simple kind of jacket.

Its the other blue one from the trailer that has the more detail (one which we thought was Tom Ford but ended up different, well a diff model anyway)
  • Chri360936Chri360936 Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Managed to grab a small. Thinking it might be the wrong size for me but will try it and see. Will advise.

Chris
    edited June 2015
    Interesting how this all pans out and the path the costume department takes.

If I remember rightly Mantis (correct me if im wrong) had some info given by TF that he kindly shared before any shooting was begun (donkeys ago) where im sure he mentioned a blue suede jacket had been looked at etc. i think at the time TF had them in a denim jacket style etc

I presume this jacket stems from that search for the London scene and they were looking at diff options

Maybe im talking rubbish :D
    edited June 2015
    Close enough example on just a quick search on ASOS!!

At £125 is a great deal! Compromise on the colour however in some photos the jacket looks black anyway! The collar isn't an exact match however the suede element is there plus it's a simple design like the jacket on show in London

image.jpg

-{
    Just got my C&J Camberley's today. This is my first C&J purchase. I love them. Very great quality and very comfortable. Video review coming this weekend.

2iq0rl.jpgi6c8m0.jpg
    Very nice!!! Might have to visit CJ in August!

You have had a good day today on the SPECTRE front!
    welshboy78 wrote:

Tell me about it! Been crazy today. The Jacket stuff passed the time on waiting for FedEx!
  • dukebongdukebong Universal Exports London Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Tell me about it! Been crazy today. The Jacket stuff passed the time on waiting for FedEx!

Very smart great buy
    Instagram: universal_exports_London
    Whats retail price on the Camberleys??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Whats retail price on the Camberleys??

I believe $800 USD
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    that's cool its a John Varvatos jacket, I bought my first JV item a few months back, a V-neck that Jamie Dornan wears in Fifty shades of Grey which made me a fan of the company. But I think this is a jacket that looks good on someone broad shouldered and jacked like DC and not the average joe.
    that's cool its a John Varvatos jacket, I bought my first JV item a few months back, a V-neck that Jamie Dornan wears in Fifty shades of Grey which made me a fan of the company. But I think this is a jacket that looks good on someone broad shouldered and jacked like DC and not the average joe.

They do make some really nice things!
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    So just for confirmation the jacket is called:
    BRAND: John Varvatos
    Suede Café Racer Jacket
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    Where are folks finding it? Nordstrom's US site is down to XL.
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I just bought the jacket. Who else has? :)
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    I don't love how featureless it is. Without the physique to fill it out, it just kind of lays there. Props to those who can make it work!
  • AkwenESCAkwenESC Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

That's where I bought mine :)
  • dukebongdukebong Universal Exports London Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    AkwenESC wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

That's where I bought mine :)
    Is that the right colour?
    Instagram: universal_exports_London