Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I was just comparing the zippers on the black jacket with those on Matchless jacket and they are completely different. As most companies tend to use the same/similar zips on all their products as a bit of a trademark, I don't think this is Matchless.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I was just comparing the zippers on the black jacket with those on Matchless jacket and they are completely different. As most companies tend to use the same/similar zips on all their products as a bit of a trademark, I don't think this is Matchless.

Dont the matchless zippers have the "M" logo and round?

Always a chance though that it was designed by the wardrobe dept with a normal zip

e.g. logos have been taken off jackets in the past / not visible in film etc
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I thought of that Welshboy, but even if you discount the round pendant-style zipper, the ones on this jacket are different than Matchless's standard zipper pulls. I'd love to be wrong because Matchless is more affordable than Tom Ford for example, but I have my doubts.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I've owned a pair of the Sanders Hi-Top Playboy Chukka boots for a few years now (known as the Joels now I believe) - super comfy and oozing McQueen (that's why I bought them). I highly recommend these! Glad to see this is one item I don't need to buy this time around. :))

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    And they're actually not that pricey in comparison to the stuff made by C&J - 175 pounds is a price even I can (sometimes) afford so hopefully they will not stop producing them in a few months!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I would bet that Sinclair is/has stocked up on them...
    I purchased mine 5-6 years ago, so I don't think Sanders plans to stop making them any time soon.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I purchased mine 5-6 years ago, so I don't think Sanders plans to stop making them any time soon.

Kind regards,
    Craig

How would you rate the sizing of them? Take normal size, size up, etc. I live in the US so don't want to have to order/exchange for the wrong size.

Thanks!
    To me, sizing is normal. I purchased the same size in the Sanders as my Ryder IIIs, and they fit perfectly.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    To me, sizing is normal. I purchased the same size in the Sanders as my Ryder IIIs, and they fit perfectly.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Thanks for the info Craig!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    I bought the Sanders in a 7 and find them just a touch roomier than the Ryders - which is great because a 7 in the Ryders was just a bit too small for me and I had to sell 'em on.

Loving the Sanders though :)
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • LightsleeperLightsleeper Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    singhammer wrote:
    Hi, I've just been to a Ted Baker store and I saw the following trousers there:

http://www.tedbaker.com/row/Mens/Clothing/Trousers/TINTEGA-Textured-chinos-Charcoal/p/116670-03-CHARCOAL

Do you think this could be the trousers from the poster and or the recently filmed boat scene. The color is charcoal and looks pretty much like the N.Peal in reality.

Snagged a pair of these Ted Baker strides be warned I had to size up and they are slim fit! Only had long length so need to drop them into my tailors. Paired with turtle neck suede leather boots and Dans QOS Black Harrington. Job done

Cheers :007)

My Tintega Bakers arrived today also and Mr. Singhammer is correct!

In fact, if you've got any sort of muscle on those legs agents you may very well need to go up TWO SIZES.

Normally wear a 30 and the 32's are still too tight in the calves and thighs.

Waist is fine.

So it's a 34 for me and my tailor is once again a very happy man.

Lightsleeper
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I've owned a pair of the Sanders Hi-Top Playboy Chukka boots for a few years now (known as the Joels now I believe) - super comfy and oozing McQueen (that's why I bought them). I highly recommend these! Glad to see this is one item I don't need to buy this time around. :))

Kind regards,
    Craig

Craig, how's the width on the chukka's? I'm a US11.5 wide, but usually a UK 11F and sometimes a UK 10.5G. Do crepe soles that thick give it a trainer springy feel?
    Bond44 wrote:
    singhammer wrote:
    Hi, I've just been to a Ted Baker store and I saw the following trousers there:

http://www.tedbaker.com/row/Mens/Clothing/Trousers/TINTEGA-Textured-chinos-Charcoal/p/116670-03-CHARCOAL

Do you think this could be the trousers from the poster and or the recently filmed boat scene. The color is charcoal and looks pretty much like the N.Peal in reality.

Snagged a pair of these Ted Baker strides be warned I had to size up and they are slim fit! Only had long length so need to drop them into my tailors. Paired with turtle neck suede leather boots and Dans QOS Black Harrington. Job done

In fact, if you've got any sort of muscle on those legs agents you may very well need to go up TWO SIZES.

Waist is fine.

Lightsleeper

Good to know. Unfortunately for me here in the States only regular lengths can be found and I'd need a long. With the slimness mentioned a size 36 of not a 38. Nice looking trousers, regardless if they are used on screen. Oh well.
    I think the Ted Baker pattern are quite different to the poster close up. Hopefully we eventually find out what they are (hopefully not TF!)
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    The zipper "handles" kinda look like the ones found on Louis Vuiton jackets.......On a separate note, I have just received my N. Peal teaser poster sweater. A corner of the box was totally crushed and ripped by its international shipping journey (I live in California).
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Can anyone who has the sanders boots tell me if you can resole them? I'd be reluctant to buy them if when the sole wore out they were ready for the bin.
    Im also unsure about the Sanders but with VAT take off its persuaded me to give them a whirl and pulled the trigger!

My bond / DC boot / shoe collection is now bordering on the ridiculous with many CJs, Church and now Sanders!
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    The zipper "handles" kinda look like the ones found on Louis Vuiton jackets.......On a separate note, I have just received my N. Peal teaser poster sweater. A corner of the box was totally crushed and ripped by its international shipping journey (I live in California).

The zipper also look very similar to the Brioni suede jacket I saw recently
    Ross
  • LightsleeperLightsleeper Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

Craig, how's the width on the chukka's? I'm a US11.5 wide, but usually a UK 11F and sometimes a UK 10.5G. Do crepe soles that thick give it a trainer springy feel?
    Bond44 wrote:

Waist is fine.

Lightsleeper

Good to know. Unfortunately for me here in the States only regular lengths can be found and I'd need a long. With the slimness mentioned a size 36 of not a 38. Nice looking trousers, regardless if they are used on screen. Oh well.

Yes indeed they are Mr. Drift.

The trick it seems is to... get the bastards on over your calves!
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I was thrown off by the huge thick sole. But the shoes are growing on me.
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

I would say the width of the Sanders is normal (with a slight lean to narrow width). I would not say they are wide shoes. You may want to 1/2 size up if you have wide feet. As for the crepe soles, they do have a bit of cushion in them due to the thickness. It makes them very comfortable to wear for a long period of time. I believe you also get about 1 inch of added height too.
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Can anyone who has the sanders boots tell me if you can resole them? I'd be reluctant to buy them if when the sole wore out they were ready for the bin.

I don't think these can be resoled. The soles look to be glued directly to the suede, so I don't believe there's a proper last that can be removed and replaced. But this is just what I observe, so I may be wrong.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Order the Sanders and Sanders dark brown suede playboy chukka and use the coupon code: "WELCOME10" for a 10% discount.

http://www.anthonysinclair.com/Sanders_Dark_Brown_Suede_Playboy_Chukka_Boot_p/6480tds.htm
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    For those who don't quite like the Sanders thick sole and the frankly worrying possibility that you may not be able to resole them there exists the Church's Ryder with crepe sole. I have had Ryders since the 90s, though always with the rubber sole, however an old Boss of mine, a former Royal Marines General, had had Churches since the 1950's, always picking a Ryder equivalent desert boot with crepe sole for hot climate off duty wear. He had been having his crepe soles re-soled every few years by Church's themselves. Worth a look anyway. Not 100% sure if Church's still stock them. They are still a Bond shoe, still British and are extremely comfortable.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=4&shoeid=1084

Church_Church_Ryder_Crepe_Brown_Suede_1084_625_1.jpg
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Some really good images from London filming on the 007 travellers site

http://007travelers.blogspot.fi/2015/06/spectre-filming-around-trafalgar-square.html?m=1

Some good close ups of the complete ensemble with the chukka boots and the jacket (matchless??)

The nearest i can find if you compare trims is from Neil Barrett - nothing in his current line, but have a look at this (older) jacket on a third party seller. I am comparing the detail, not the jacket as this is clearly not it!!

https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/neil-barrett/black-padded-bomber-jacket/106669

The zip pulls are the only ones i have found that are 'triangular', although the London jacket seems a bit rounded on the top puller (could be angle), and the London jacket appears to have a 'reversed' zip, i.e. the coil of the zip is facing inwards like waterproof type zips on gore tex rain coats - again the NB jackets seem to have that same styling.
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Sanders & Sandres Playboy Chukka boots are in Snuff or Chocolate Suede?
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    If you google "Daniel Craig Daily Mail", you will see the new pics that are on the Bond travel site...They are much clearer and sharper.....I would provide the link here, but that site has so much content, it really slows down my computer
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    For those interested I am pretty sure I have traced the jacket worn in London
    Ross
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Doctor wrote:

CORRECTION: SNUFF SUEDE.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    P
    Doctor wrote:

Chocolate Suade.

Mr Mason of Anthony Sinclayr said Snuff...
    Orbis Non Sufficit
    For those interested I am pretty sure I have traced the jacket worn in London
    Ross

Waiting for
    Orbis Non Sufficit