Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Jigen wrote:
    I got my john varvatos jacket from the London flagship store today (conduit st). They only had two Smalls and one Large left. I got the L and they will alter it for me for free (I'm normally a size medium). I'd say it fits true to size.

That's strange
    JV USA told me they never supplied London store with particular jackets:
    Good question Norberts,

I checked that before sending my first email. The London store never received this style.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

John Varvatos
    Always happy to help,
    Mijon Zulu
    Customer Care

I think you have wrong jacket
    JG007 wrote:
    Has anyone emailed Varvatos about a re issue / re stock and dates ect?? I've tried looking on they're website but cannot locate a contact email! Weird. -{

I done it,they have really great people working there. I think they start to consider reissuing thing.
    customercare@JohnVarvatos.com Here's email!
    Needs that more people ask
  • JigenJigen Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    No it's not! It's the actual one. Named cafe racer. I did better than emailing, I went down to the actual store. they had it in store for quite a while and the seizes I listed are the only ones left! I'll post pictures when it will be ready (being altered at the moment).
    Norcha wrote:
    Jigen wrote:
    I got my john varvatos jacket from the London flagship store today (conduit st). They only had two Smalls and one Large left. I got the L and they will alter it for me for free (I'm normally a size medium). I'd say it fits true to size.

That's strange
    JV USA told me they never supplied London store with particular jackets:
    Good question Norberts,

I checked that before sending my first email. The London store never received this style.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

John Varvatos
    Always happy to help,
    Mijon Zulu
    Customer Care

I think you have wrong jacket
  • JigenJigen Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    495£
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Cool! Out of interest if you dont mind sharing - how much is it in Europe?
    As I said,very strange
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    There's a large JV cafe racer jacket at the Nordstroms South Coast Plaza. $478

I need an XL :# :#
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Great video David!!

Just one thing I noticed, the jacket looks similar to the Belstaff Ethan in design, coincidently in MI3 TC was wearing that jacket in an action scene on a bridge!!!
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    gregroe wrote:

What size chest are you out of interest
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    gregroe wrote:

I'd pay you for your time if you'd be willing to proxy.
    46-48 tried an extra large in the new non-suede model fits perfectly
    welshboy78 wrote:
    gregroe wrote:

What size chest are you out of interest
    I'm going to buy it and hope to trade for an XL some member hopefully needs to trade.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    @006 I thought the same thing! I have the Ethan jacket and they are very similar.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I just got my Cafe Racer from ScoopNYC after having ordered it yesterday morning. :D I didn't even pay for overnight shipping. Go figure.

From the pictures I wasn't sure about the jacket, but in real life it looks and feels much more luxurious. I will happily wear this out to nice restaurants.

For people looking for fit information I am 6 feet tall, 42 inch chest, 33 inch waist. The large fits me just about perfectly.

It's a nicer jacket than I had expected. I hope those of you who are looking can find one.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    almost had two more to sell to guys here. They are all gone
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,099MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I just got my Cafe Racer from ScoopNYC after having ordered it yesterday morning. :D I didn't even pay for overnight shipping. Go figure.

From the pictures I wasn't sure about the jacket, but in real life it looks and feels much more luxurious. I will happily wear this out to nice restaurants.

For people looking for fit information I am 6 feet tall, 42 inch chest, 33 inch waist. The large fits me just about perfectly.

It's a nicer jacket than I had expected. I hope those of you who are looking can find one.

Sounds good. What is the sleeve length of the jacket if I may ask?
    Cheverian wrote:

I'm assuming I would be a large since I share similar measurements. You mentioned just about perfectly - what are do you feel is off?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I just got my Cafe Racer from ScoopNYC after having ordered it yesterday morning. I didn't even pay for overnight shipping. Go figure.

There is a little grabbing on the shoulders (mine are pretty broad) but a XL would have been way too big elsewhere. And the shoulders aren't really that tight.

I am so glad I chose the correct size this time. I bought the L in the Skyfall Levis jacket and really should have gone with the M.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    I just got my Cafe Racer from ScoopNYC after having ordered it yesterday morning. I didn't even pay for overnight shipping. Go figure.

There is a little grabbing on the shoulders (mine are pretty broad) but a XL would have been way too big elsewhere. And the shoulders aren't really that tight.

I am so glad I chose the correct size this time. I bought the L in the Skyfall Levis jacket and really should have gone with the M.

Sounds like I'm def a L then in Varvatos (I'm L in Levi's and XL Barbour)
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    hi guys
    congrats to all who got a jacket. I tried to get one from conduit st this morning but they only had a small left.
    However, good news!
    Just got this email from JV cuts services:
    Greetings,
    Thanks for reaching out to JV.
    The style will be restocked in October to coincide with the release of the new Bond film.
    Please follow-up with us then for more information.
    Unfortunately, it is not available on pre-sale and we are all sold out of XS, S, and M sizing.
    John Varvatos
    Always happy to help,

Mijon Zulu
    Customer Care
    ps. i don't post often but would like to thank everyone for all the info I get from this site
    Hmm that's a weird email. Reissued but not XS, S or M.

Or am I reading it wrong?
    i took it to mean there none of those sizes at the moment but the jacket will be re-issued in Oct anyway (presumably in all sizes)
    Understood! Great news for everyone! {[]
    edited June 2015
    Well if anyone needs to trade their XL for a Large, I'm here! {[]
    A small available on scoopNYC
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I'll add my positive remarks of this jacket to David's already stellar review. I received my JV jacket in the mail today from Nordstroms. It's absolutely stunning! First of all, it's incredibly lightweight. The entire package weighs under 2 lbs, so the jacket can't be much more than one pound (weight not UK value). It's very thin, but feels as tough as nails due to the goatskin hide. The smell is superb - there's nothing like that new leather jacket smell (much like the LVC Menlo) - unless we're talking about a new leather car smell.

The baseball stitching detail is a really nice, subtle touch! It's just above the handwarmer pockets, along the shoulder line, and down the center back. The zipper and hardware are robust, and the burnished finish compliment the marine blue suede beautifully.

As for fit, I'd say it's true to size, but it definitely has a slim-fit design. As David noted in his review, the sleeves may appear long when the sleeve zippers are undone, but the length is perfect when zipped.

To settle one last debate, the jacket I received from Nordstrom's does indeed have the horizontal panel seams, just as David's jacket from Bloomingdales. So those who have ordered from these sites, rest assured you will be receiving the correct jacket.

Here are front and back pics of my jacket for reference -

JV%20Jacket%201R.jpg

JV%20Jacket%202R.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Looks very luxurious in your photos craig!!!

What size did you grab?

PS - good to see confirmation about the back seam being present on Nordstrom dispatches
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I went for a Medium and it fits perfectly. I'm a 38-39" chest with a 30" waist.

It looks and feels very luxurious. I can honestly say that if not for the Bond connection, I would never have known this jacket existed, but I feel privileged to own it and feel it will be one of my go-to jackets from now on.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 311MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    A small available on scoopNYC

Wow, with shipping and duty $853 Canadian! No thanks...

I don't doubt the quality but it's just too plain looking to me for that price...I could absolutely picture there being a near identical looking one at Zara in the fall for $130...

I did buy the Barbour (prior to SF coming out) at that price though.
    I just want to give a shout out to DBS, because of his diligence, I now have a Large on it's way to me! Thanks Craig. {[]