Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    timiblade wrote:
    This is what I'm trying to say since one hour. The jacket on Spectre is the old one.

The official jacket from THIS YEAR. NO SEAM.
    https://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html?dwvar_L855R1L-Y668_color=405#start=1

L855_R1_L_Y668_405_B.jpg

Yes but it appears they do have the seam when shipped (well Davids does)

We will see what happens when these shipments arrive
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    We will see what shows up...if I were people that ordered these on sale jackets (ie last season) I would bet they are the version we want...the seamed jacket.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    It still makes no since that the Bloomingdales pics online are of this jacket but they sent DZ a jacket with seams. I think we are all getting worried over nothing.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Maybe Bloomingdales and Nordstrom are lazy and showing a pic from an older season

Yes, the most plausible reason.

Unless the person posting the image had looked closely, they may have assumed it was the same?
    These days it takes three kills...!
    Looks good closeup

L855R1LY668_450_1.jpg
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looks like Scoop NY is now out of stock, Nordstrom too and only size S in Bloomingdales - yikes!

Film still miles away too

Not quick enough to snag a medium, unfortunately. :#
    On the off chance, did anybody who contacted Varvatos mention the other blue jacket as seen in the SPECTRE preview in the hut / boat etc

Reason I ask is that some of the styling of Varvatos jackets is very similar!!!
    Yep, and nope....just this one it seems....
    edited June 2015
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yep, and nope....just this one it seems....

I guess it must be Matchless unless they are putting out the "moncler" jacket

Didn't they say something like "looking forward to seeing Daniel in our Blouson"
    So David. That video? :)
    hthomas wrote:
    So David. That video? :)

He's been too busy answering all our stupid questions :D
    Video coming in 30 minutes...in the meantime, here are some new shots....

jonvarvatos_003.jpg

jonvarvatos_004.jpg

jonvarvatos_005.jpg

jonvarvatos_006.jpg

jonvarvatos_007.jpg

jonvarvatos_010.jpg

jonvarvatos_011.jpg

jonvarvatos_012.jpg

jonvarvatos_013.jpg

jonvarvatos_014.jpg
    Looks so good David. Thank you.

BTW - I remember the one ring you got. Where did the other 2 come from??
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    So now sold out everywhere. That was fast. Go to work and return to find the the carcass picked clean.

So what was the price gents, if I may ask? Now that the sites are sold out they don't list that info. Maybe time for Silverfinger/Dan to get something ready the film's release date?
    So now sold out everywhere. That was fast. Go to work and return to find the the carcass picked clean.

So what was the price gents, if I may ask? Now that the sites are sold out they don't list that info. Maybe time for Silverfinger/Dan to get something ready the film's release date?

Around $500ish in the sales
    Video is up...all the nauseating detail and then some:

https://youtu.be/s31KvdSYsdc
    The Mantis wrote:

Terrific video David. Could you point me(us) to where you got those pants?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    David, wonderful video. Jacket looks good on you. If you're a medium I guess I'd be a large. I second hthomas, where did you get the trousers?

In all honesty, I'm not sure about the stitching on the jacket, but I like the rest of the details.

Since it won't be reissued, definitely time for a budget close enough or replica.
    Great video!

Glad to see the sleeves turned out fine!!
  • DoctorDoctor ItalyPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Great job
    Orbis Non Sufficit
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    This morning I received an email from Scoop NYC, that my ordered size L has been canceled. And as everyone knows, are the jackets everywhere out of stock now. In this case is the quick refund only a cold comfort.
    Not the best start to the day. :#
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Word of caution to those with or buying the Sanders suede chukka's; be wary of driving in them as the foxing (the crepe that goes round the edge of the shoe forming the rand) will peel away on the heel from the position in the car. It is solvable I think but just thought I'd pass it on.
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    So, the fact that this jacket has sold out has just ramped up my desirability for one enormously!

Has it really sold out though? Surely there must be more out there than the handful of stores mentioned in this thread? Anyone had any joy in sourcing more?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    This morning I received an email from Scoop NYC, that my ordered size L has been canceled. And as everyone knows, are the jackets everywhere out of stock now. In this case is the quick refund only a cold comfort.
    Not the best start to the day. :#
    Hey Tintin, sorry to hear that. My mate just text me and he had the same email from Snoop. Needless to say he was annoyed but took the news with far less dignity than you have. Like I said to him, hopefully one of the ajb007 members who got in early and bought a couple for sizing reasons will put one of theirs up for sale in a couple of weeks. Keep the faith.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • ArcherrArcherr Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Video coming in 30 minutes...in the meantime, here are some new shots....

jonvarvatos_003.jpg

jonvarvatos_004.jpg

jonvarvatos_005.jpg

jonvarvatos_006.jpg

jonvarvatos_007.jpg

jonvarvatos_010.jpg

jonvarvatos_011.jpg

jonvarvatos_012.jpg

jonvarvatos_013.jpg

jonvarvatos_014.jpg

David hello, as usual, impeccable job in all aspects. I've never envied another man... until now!
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Another alternative jacket! In stock in all sizes , very close and in the dark midnight navy!!!

http://www.flannels.com/boss-black-gathuro-bomber-jacket-696926?colcode=69692622&src=google&gclid=COLQ_Yix9sUCFYPHtAodaUQAbw

Budget alternative for people in the UK again the the navy colour:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/faux-suede-bomber-jacket/p/p22356087#

-{
    If desperate then keep eye on the sites out of stock

Bloomingdales had a few back on the site very early this morning for a good few hours
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I got my john varvatos jacket from the London flagship store today (conduit st). They only had two Smalls and one Large left. I got the L and they will alter it for me for free (I'm normally a size medium). I'd say it fits true to size.
    Jigen wrote:
    I got my john varvatos jacket from the London flagship store today (conduit st). They only had two Smalls and one Large left. I got the L and they will alter it for me for free (I'm normally a size medium). I'd say it fits true to size.

Cool! Out of interest if you dont mind sharing - how much is it in Europe?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Has anyone emailed Varvatos about a re issue / re stock and dates ect?? I've tried looking on they're website but cannot locate a contact email! Weird. -{