Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Not the best write up. Billy Reid did it better, but then they called it the Bond Peacoat.

If memory serves me correctly, the name "Bond Peacoat" actually comes from Bond Street in the East Village of Manhattan, and it was named as such before the other Bond connection came into play.

Kind regards,
    Craig

That is the claim. Since Billy Reid does name their other items after streets and towns it's believable. They've further capitalized on it with their Bond Peacoat collection. I don't see JV doing that.

I'll be interested to see Matchless's marketing once Spectre is released. Did they ever do anything to advertise their connection with Terminator: Genysis?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Matchless has an active presence on Instagram. Just a few days prior to the releases of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Terminator: Genysis," they posted images of the jackets featured in the film, as well as pages on their site with the jackets for sale. They know the market for film tie-ins and have been doing it for some time now. You can guarantee the same promotion for "Spectre."

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Thanks, Craig.

I'm not on Instagram, so any promotions there are lost on me.
  • jameslovejameslove Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Hi, I have a JV Racer in XL selling for £800 UK postage included.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    It appears you can get one via the official site for half of the price
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    It appears you can get one via the official site for half of the price

I also thought his price was way too high. It's only $998 CDN which is roughly £486.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    I just got off the phone with an sales associate at Tom Ford Beverly Hills store and he told me within the next few weeks they will be releasing the'' Bond Collection'' Suits and casual items from the upcoming film.
    How cool! :) -{
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    jameslove wrote:

JV are re-releasing the Suede Racer in October still at the £495 price point
    ...and the JV website has an XL for sale at £495 right now
    ...and if you sign up to the JV email list they will send you a 15% discount code off your first order online

Just saying... 8-)
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    jameslove wrote:

I have one too which people have not wanted to pay the cost price plus import duties for at £630 so don't think you will get £800 for yours.

There is also one still avalible on the website too

http://www.johnvarvatos.com/suede-racer-jacket/L855R1L-Y668.html

For £495, if you have bought it in the UK I suggest you send it back.
  • StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    Apologies if these have been covered, not sure I've read all 102 pages!

Happened upon these gloves and I've been trying to get to the bottom of it. Found similar before but didn't quite match up on the fit and wasn't that happy about them. If anyone has shot's of the palm side wrist it would clear it up. There might be a button or fastening which makes it all moot :))

OWvsoPG.jpg

These by all accounts seem a good fit, everything matches up from the shots of film I have but it gets a bit contrived;

Made by Agnelle exclusively for Liberty during A/W 2014 (sold out by January). However Agnelle also make gloves for many other major houses, unfortunately I can't find out if that has included Tom Ford. They have also recently opened their first boutique in Paris.

So think of that what you may, basically it's no information for a possibility :))

But it may be a lead for someone -{
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Looking at the latest info from TF the glasses look to be Snowdon Soft, shiny black with brown lenses.

http://www.tomford.com/snowdon-soft-square-sunglasses/FT0237.html?dwvar_FT0237_color=05B#start=6
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent

For those who have bought this one: Doesn't the logo on the sleeve bother you? Or is it easily removable?

I colored mine in with black permanent marker - the same for all the writing down the inside zip which actually bothered me a lot more! It's still visible but much more subtle ... Far happier with it now...
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:
    Looking at the latest info from TF the glasses look to be Snowdon Soft, shiny black with brown lenses.

http://www.tomford.com/snowdon-soft-square-sunglasses/FT0237.html?dwvar_FT0237_color=05B#start=6
    What latest information? Was this confirmed?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Llafyks wrote:

I believe this member is referring to the Aug. 5 e-newsletter from Tom Ford that contained the latest eyewear news. No, nothing has been confirmed from Tom Ford regarding the glasses. Everyone is still speculating. I would keep your eye on the stickied Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion thread at the top of the page for Tom Ford news relating to Spectre. I'm sure, once it's confirmed, the info will be available there.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:

I believe this member is referring to the Aug. 5 e-newsletter from Tom Ford that contained the latest eyewear news. No, nothing has been confirmed from Tom Ford regarding the glasses. Everyone is still speculating. I would keep your eye on the stickied Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion thread at the top of the page for Tom Ford news relating to Spectre. I'm sure, once it's confirmed, the info will be available there.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Thanks Craig I thought maybe I missed something. I've been checking the forum for confirmation, almost bought the Snowdons but I will hold off until official word.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Anyone made any progress on the 'Mr White' jacket?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    With regards to the white pin collar shirt,as worn by Bond in his funeral in Rome out fit ,
    I have seen a rather good budget option by ADAM of London ,£55-00 ,worth a look :)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Anybody interested in taking on the tracking down of the 'Blue Wave'-coloured undershirt DC wears under the TF Blouson?:

SPECTRE-Film-Stills-08234_zpsospzitxn.jpg
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Anybody interested in taking on the tracking down of the 'Blue Wave'-coloured undershirt DC wears under the TF Blouson?:

I believe that is N. peal it's in there website -{

My guess is it's TF?

yes, it is N.Peal indeed. they have it for sale on their site.
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"

yes, it is N.Peal indeed. they have it for sale on their site.

Seems they've increased their prices. I'm pretty sure the mock turtleneck was going for £169 when I bought mine. It's now £199!
    I think you're mistaking EJ. I bought mine straight when it came out for 199£.
    the cable roll neck was and is 169£ though :)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    It is the Npeal, a THIRD entry for them in SPECTRE...video review of this sweater coming this Sunday.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Interesting picture of DC landing in Newark in the Daily mail with the missus, wearing desert boots that may be the ones he wears in Morocco??
    image.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Interesting picture of DC landing in Newark in the Daily mail with the missus, wearing desert boots that may be the ones he wears in Morocco??
    image.jpg

If so then they are not the other types of Sanders
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    image.jpg

4-5 eyelets makes me think those aren't regular chukka boots. These must have a higher cut.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    image.jpg

4-5 eyelets makes me think those aren't regular chukka boots. These must have a higher cut.

No the height cut is to roughly the same as a chukka boot. Look at where the laces are tied just under the turn up of the jeans hem, plus there doesn't appear to be a print through in the jeans to indicate a high leg boot.

These desert boots have a 5 hole eyelet because the pattern to which the leather is cut is to the more traditional boot, rather than the sweeping cut which is the signature of the chukka boot pattern.

These also appear to have a proper desert boot moulded one piece sole, assuming that lighter colour is dust (Moroccan?!) and not a midsole welt.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Cool looking boots!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Comparison shots with the best quality I can get using my limited technology:

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg

Screenshot_8.jpg

I'm not even sure if they are the same color, but the illusion of color change is nothing new. Also, wouldn't be the first time DC got dust on his boots. Not sure if I'm just seeing things, but the lace pattern looks very similar on both boots. Zara has some similar options, but nothing exact. C&J, Clarks, and Church's don't seem to have anything like these in their current collection. This is my favorite outfit of the movie so far, so I have been searching the net for these. Possibly unavailable yet.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/