Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Yup I'm sure they would have jumped at it ages ago!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Here is another few pics of the Snowdon's in shiny black. The lenses just don't look that blue it seems in person(example - Blair's pics above)except online.

713_Eak33h5_L_UL1500.jpg
    image.jpg

57_2.jpg

57_3.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    wow confusing since black but have that Havana / tortoise thing
    Matchless's newest post about the jacket
    https://instagram.com/p/5hGnLEmdTx/

Reply:

matchlesslondon@mr_swinderman stayed tuned on our website in the fall!
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matchless's newest post about the jacket
    https://instagram.com/p/5hGnLEmdTx/

Reply:

matchlesslondon@mr_swinderman stayed tuned on our website in the fall!

I tried! Ha
    Haha now ask them how much lol
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Haha now ask them how much lol

I'm a little afraid :# :))
    Im guessing around £1000 for the matchless

If the other is Barratt then I guess £1200
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing around £1000 for the matchless

If the other is Barratt then I guess £1200
    matchless is that expensive?
    Most of the Avenger stuff appears to be.

Guess they maybe take advantage of movie tie ins?
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Does anyone else find it odd that they didn't just put him in the Billy Reid Peacoat again? It would be nice to see some staple items in his wardrobe!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I'm sticking by my post back in February that the Rome sunglasses are tortoise frames with brown lenses. Even though the frames look black, I don't think I've ever seen a pair of black sunglasses with brown lenses - they're typically grey, or gradient grey. The brown lenses are a much better pairing with tortoise frames.

DCSpectreRomeTF1.jpg

I'll think we'll just have to wait and see what news comes from TF closer to the film's release.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:
    Does anyone else find it odd that they didn't just put him in the Billy Reid Peacoat again? It would be nice to see some staple items in his wardrobe!

It sure would be nice but it wouldn't pay off for all the companies ;%
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:

Well I'm not sure Billy Reid ever paid for their peacoat to appear in SF, it got selected on DC's recommendation from personally wearing one already. Then BR have reaped the advantage.

Seems the same for John Varvatos, as they didn't even seem to initially recognise the marketing gift their product had received by being used in the new movie.

Matchless obviously have a movie tie-in marketing strategy, which probably means they have paid a licensing fee to Eon or whoever to use official 007 marketing. Those sort of licenses are SUPER expensive, hence the pricing on their Marvel movie jackets.
    Trouble is, if their anything like Belstaff with their movie tie-in stuff, the mega price tag doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the product :#

Personally I will probably wait for JV to bring out a similar beige coloured suede jacket in their house style and get that instead if I want a light coloured summer jacket B-)
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I feel the same way. I find Matchless (and Belstaff before them, when it was owned by the same people) marketing strategy rather annoying. They are not just featuring in movies by "accident" (like Billy Reid, JV, Npeal) but are systematically producing jackets for Blockbuster movies. To me, that's simple product placement, like Coke and Heineken in Skyfall or Ford and Sony Ericsson in CR. Won't buy their products!
    Skippy wrote:
    Red Indian wrote:

Well I'm not sure Billy Reid ever paid for their peacoat to appear in SF, it got selected on DC's recommendation from personally wearing one already. Then BR have reaped the advantage.

Seems the same for John Varvatos, as they didn't even seem to initially recognise the marketing gift their product had received by being used in the new movie.

Matchless obviously have a movie tie-in marketing strategy, which probably means they have paid a licensing fee to Eon or whoever to use official 007 marketing. Those sort of licenses are SUPER expensive, hence the pricing on their Marvel movie jackets.
    Trouble is, if their anything like Belstaff with their movie tie-in stuff, the mega price tag doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the product :#

Personally I will probably wait for JV to bring out a similar beige coloured suede jacket in their house style and get that instead if I want a light coloured summer jacket B-)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jigen wrote:
    I feel the same way. I find Matchless (and Belstaff before them, when it was owned by the same people) marketing strategy rather annoying. They are not just featuring in movies by "accident" (like Billy Reid, JV, Npeal) but are systematically producing jackets for Blockbuster movies. To me, that's simple product placement, like Coke and Heineken in Skyfall or Ford and Sony Ericsson in CR. Won't buy their products!

This blatant product placement sells to many people on this forum!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Jigen wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

besides, it's fun to see Bond in new clothing every film :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Yes and no. I would agree that products from the movie are a draw, certainly they are for me. But having had a long history of replica movie prop (not clothes) collecting, I have found on many occasions licensed products are rarely of the same enjoyable quality as 'found parts' or fan made items, which also tend to be more accurate for a number of reasons.

I mean, do T&A really do 'blatant' product placement? More the fact that they are a high quality shirt maker, which is the kind of history and kudos movies such as Bond want to tie into and then T&A enjoy the benefit of the association and the real world sales that it attracts.

And amen to that, otherwise my wardrobe would not have been updated since the 1990's!! :))
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    I'm sticking by my post back in February that the Rome sunglasses are tortoise frames with brown lenses. Even though the frames look black, I don't think I've ever seen a pair of black sunglasses with brown lenses - they're typically grey, or gradient grey. The brown lenses are a much better pairing with tortoise frames.

DCSpectreRomeTF1.jpg

I'll think we'll just have to wait and see what news comes from TF closer to the film's release.

Kind regards,
    Craig

AWFUL LOOK. Is this the scene where he goes undercover as a porter standing outside a hotel opening doors?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Although the boss now claims that he spotted their jumper in SF, N Peal had absolutely no idea that their product featured in the final scenes until Jany Temime gave us the list of all the wardrobe choices that she and DC made. Then after I contacted Neville in the Burlington Arcade store and told him, within a week they had a standee with DC in the Blue Wave front and centre.

Still waiting for my lifetime 80% off discount card....
    Skippy wrote:
    Red Indian wrote:

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    AWFUL LOOK. Is this the scene where he goes undercover as a porter standing outside a hotel opening doors?

Don't understand the need for his tie to stick out further than his chin. It's like advertising to adversaries, 'Grab here to strangle me.'
    Skippy wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

Yes and no. I would agree that products from the movie are a draw, certainly they are for me. But having had a long history of replica movie prop (not clothes) collecting, I have found on many occasions licensed products are rarely of the same enjoyable quality as 'found parts' or fan made items, which also tend to be more accurate for a number of reasons.

I mean, do T&A really do 'blatant' product placement? More the fact that they are a high quality shirt maker, which is the kind of history and kudos movies such as Bond want to tie into and then T&A enjoy the benefit of the association and the real world sales that it attracts.

And amen to that, otherwise my wardrobe would not have been updated since the 1990's!! :))

T&A didn't have their name featured within the film, and the Bond films paid for the clothes. On the other hand, Brioni's name in DAD was terrible.
    alphaagent wrote:

Don't understand the need for his tie to stick out further than his chin. It's like advertising to adversaries, 'Grab here to strangle me.'

The tie should certainly stick out a little, which is helped by the tie pin and the waistcoat. What likely happened in that photo is that in moving about, his tie pulled up from under his waistcoat. There's no way for it to slide back down. in the trailer the tie doesn't stick out that much with that outfit. The blackness of the outfit, however, is appropriate in the context of the film. However, I don't know if the flashiness of the Tom Ford/Tommy Nutter design fits with Bond in the story. And I don't want to know the answer to that from those who have read the script! I don't agree that Bond looks like a porter, dressed in a suit that's supposed to look like it's from a flashy Savile Row designer.
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:

The tie should certainly stick out a little, which is helped by the tie pin and the waistcoat. What likely happened in that photo is that in moving about, his tie pulled up from under his waistcoat. There's no way for it to slide back down. in the trailer the tie doesn't stick out that much with that outfit. The blackness of the outfit, however, is appropriate in the context of the film. However, I don't know if the flashiness of the Tom Ford/Tommy Nutter design fits with Bond in the story. And I don't want to know the answer to that from those who have read the script! I don't agree that Bond looks like a porter, dressed in a suit that's supposed to look like it's from a flashy Savile Row designer.

image.jpg
    alphaagent wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

image.jpg

A comical outfit, but thankfully Bond isn't dressed anything like that.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Red Indian wrote:

Let's remember the BR peacoat was a) part of a chauffeur disguise; and b) worn in Shanghai in the summer. I own that unlined coat; how warm would it be for snowy Switzerland?
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Jigen wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

You feel the same about Aston Martin presumably. They pay a fee to have their cars in the films
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    I don't think they pay EON anymore - but building the DB10 exclusively for the film must have cost a fair whack. I think the car deal is now with Tata Motors for their Jaguar Land Rover models. They probably pay a serious sum of money to have their cars shown.
    Wardlem wrote:
    Jigen wrote:
    Skippy wrote:

You feel the same about Aston Martin presumably. They pay a fee to have their cars in the films
    do you think AM ever payed EON?
    I know that they had to buy the DB5 for GF. thought that Eon just got provided with the others in the following years without paying for them?!
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    mglover92 wrote:
    I plan on finding the blue Wool looking jacket tonight from the trailer..when i do i will post it up. Im the same guy who found the trousers.

Did you manage to find out what the jacket was?