Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    They also may just be a new color of the snowdon model. An actual all black model because the dip is pretty small and at different angles the snowdon's look just like the ones Daniel is sporting.

http://www.gaffos.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/5/05b_a.jpg
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    TF is still maintaining that it's a new model....
    Oh I know. I emailed John about it. I'm just saying that they have to be pretty close models :s
  • martinimartini Posts: 289MI6 Agent
    Snowdon, not Snowden ;)
    "It is better to be as well dressed as possible to stave off, at least for a very little bit, the total collapse of civilization"
    martini wrote:
    Snowdon, not Snowden ;)

Must sleep... Can't type... :))
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    DGSE wrote:
    It seems DC is wearing another NPeal Mock Turtleneck Sweater in Lapis Blue in Austria

Glad to see that as I wondered what he wore under that!!

That pesky Mr White coat better surface soon :D

It's really beginning to annoy me now!! Can almost guarantee that when it does surface it will be around £5000 knowing my luck!
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    hi all i have spoken to TF London this morning and they informed me that there is not to their knowledge a 007 snowdon pair being issued. The pair they are selling in a shiny black is the actual ones being worn by DC. They retail at £230
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    any pics (obviously not you in it ) :)) and where did you get it from , i want it ;%
    I'd still own it no matter what :))
    007 reporting for duty
    Mind you this is the same store who said I couldn't pre order any TF stock although everyone in USA and Europe could.
    then after a week they said i could.
    If it was me i would hang on , the London store seems to be the last one's to know.
    to me it must be a new model , fingers crossed
    shilton125 wrote:
    hi all i have spoken to TF London this morning and they informed me that there is not to their knowledge a 007 snowdon pair being issued. The pair they are selling in a shiny black is the actual ones being worn by DC. They retail at £230
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    As they wont run out of Snowdon's I think the above is good counsel...if they never come out with a new one, there will be plenty to go around...
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Plus the Shiny Black Snowdon's have grey lenses. Craig's glasses look much darker than that.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    thanks mantis , i think its the 1st time i got something right ! :v
    The Mantis wrote:
    As they wont run out of Snowdon's I think the above is good counsel...if they never come out with a new one, there will be plenty to go around...
    007 reporting for duty
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Mind you this is the same store who said I couldn't pre order any TF stock although everyone in USA and Europe could.
    then after a week they said i could.
    If it was me i would hang on , the London store seems to be the last one's to know.
    to me it must be a new model , fingers crossed

I totally agree.
    There is no reason to buy in a rush and based on a single statement.

I recall very well when QoS was around, a UK shop claimed that those where OP Airman (they probably where) and that he was exclusively selling a rerun of these sunglasses.

At least the later part turned out to be false.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    So I'm pre planning my autumn winter wardrobe. Leads me to this question. Is the JV jacket worth it? I'm currently torn between the JV or going back to the skywalk lodge Barbour. This is providing we can't get an ID on the 'Mr White' jacket.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    any pics (obviously not you in it ) :)) and where did you get it from , i want it ;%
    I'd still own it no matter what :))

what do you mean? ?:)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    So I'm pre planning my autumn winter wardrobe. Leads me to this question. Is the JV jacket worth it? I'm currently torn between the JV or going back to the skywalk lodge Barbour. This is providing we can't get an ID on the 'Mr White' jacket.

JV is very light weight suede jacket. I must admit I have not really worn it yet however I would not choose it for winter!!! Prob best hanging on to see if the Mr White jacket comes to light as that looks like heavy wool material
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,330MI6 Agent
    These are the Snowdons I tried on in London:

9092DA8C-A8F8-448A-8571-4A3F4308B8BB_zpsprxgfwjs.jpg

B3C1A960-7792-4119-88B7-1BBC45CFFEEC_zpsg7cn5qoo.jpg

These are their Campbells:

C0A6443D-DC00-47F5-8349-416531BB7FE4_zpslpkgnr02.jpg

And these are their Leo's:

DAF6B305-7AB3-4C29-AE85-54D3327A41A2_zpstr29nvx9.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    They have to be the Snowdon's, I don't see how a new model would be any different.
    These are the Snowdons I tried on in London:

9092DA8C-A8F8-448A-8571-4A3F4308B8BB_zpsprxgfwjs.jpg

B3C1A960-7792-4119-88B7-1BBC45CFFEEC_zpsg7cn5qoo.jpg

These are their Campbells:

C0A6443D-DC00-47F5-8349-416531BB7FE4_zpslpkgnr02.jpg

And these are their Leo's:

DAF6B305-7AB3-4C29-AE85-54D3327A41A2_zpstr29nvx9.jpg

Were those the shiny black model? The grey lenses look much darker I person then online.
    Maybe the new model is the one we have seen in Mexico off set and in Morocco?
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Bump! Any details on the ties?

If not, MTO?
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    Maybe they are releasing a new model but the ones in the trailer look exactly like the Snowden model to me. I don't think we can't definitively say yes or no until the official statement comes out from either TF or Jany T. I well remember the OP London rep talking nonsense about some random shop that his friends friend worked where the costume team randomly picked out the sunglasses that he was selling or some made up garbage like this. When actually all along - it was TF who supplied their 108 model to Daniel Craig for QoS.

Will be great to get some definitive response from TF or production team on this. Snowden model does look great to be fair.

DBS wrote:

I ordered a pair of Snowdon's simply because Craig wears them in his personal life as well. Also I saw this:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/articles/2015-07/22/what-sunglasses-does-james-bond-wear-in-spectre

However, they did get one thing wrong. Tom Ford started in QOS not CR.

Unfortunately, the author got two things wrong. The sunglasses are NOT the Snowden model. It was mentioned earlier in this thread (around page 33 when the Snowden discussion began) that TF is releasing a similar model to the Snowden in an upcoming line - details are still TBD I believe. In the pics below, you can see the on-set glasses have a more pronounced dip in the bridge above the nose. The Snowden's curve is much more subtle and not as pronounced.

Spectre%20Rome%20on%20set%201.jpg

Bond-Glasses-hp_GQ_22Jul15_b.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • PointfiveOPointfiveO Posts: 66MI6 Agent

JV is suede so very light weight and not waterproof, plus the barbour commander has been as low as £225 in the UK if you shop around. JV fashion jacket/Barbour practical jacket that you can actually wear in the autumn and winter in the UK.
    edited July 2015
    mudz112 wrote:
    I well remember the OP London rep talking nonsense about some random shop that his friends friend worked where the costume team randomly picked out the sunglasses that he was selling or some made up garbage like this. When actually all along - it was TF who supplied their 108 model to Daniel Craig for QoS.

To be fair that might have actually happened as TF def ripped off the OP design

I have a feeling the same has happened with Moncler for SPECTRE, costume team picked up, rare item etc and got TF to make enough for production
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:
    I well remember the OP London rep talking nonsense about some random shop that his friends friend worked where the costume team randomly picked out the sunglasses that he was selling or some made up garbage like this. When actually all along - it was TF who supplied their 108 model to Daniel Craig for QoS.

I have a feeling the same has happened with Moncler for SPECTRE, costume team picked up, rare item etc and got TF to make enough for production

Tom Ford rips off most of his designs. The suit styles with wide lapels that he is most well known for are ripped off from Tommy Nutter. The black three-piece suit from SPECTRE is essentially a Nutters rip-off. At least it's a British design. Ford is really good at taking others' designs, and he has good taste.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Well definitely no doubt about the sunglasses - they were Tom Ford. He never wore OP's - unless he starred in the Hangover :) :)

Didn't know about the Moncler though. They make some fantastic clothes. Would have been nice to have them in Spectre.

Anyway - I do like the Snowdens. Hope they turn out to be the ones but will wait in anticipation.

welshboy78 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

Completely agree Matt. Not a fan of OP - much better eyewear brands out there but Moncler, Sunspel, Nutter and even the London coat in Spectre. If your going to copy them copy from the best :)
    Matt S wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    mudz112 wrote:

Tom Ford rips off most of his designs. The suit styles with wide lapels that he is most well known for are ripped off from Tommy Nutter. The black three-piece suit from SPECTRE is essentially a Nutters rip-off. At least it's a British design. Ford is really good at taking others' designs, and he has good taste.
    mudz112 wrote:
    Well definitely no doubt about the sunglasses - they were Tom Ford.

They sure were but OP got very excited when they saw the stills.

DC was actually wearings the real version OPs personally around the time. It was a unfortunate claim but I don't think it was deliberate, guess they never expected them to be knocked off.
    drum007 wrote:
    The white tux looks incredible. Discuss gang!

Agreed - really awesome that they kept it in. I personally don't think it would have worked in QoS but looks fantastic here.
    Def looks cool on the old styled train!!!!