Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The picture from Stuart's makes the jacket look like a fleece jacket that can be found for $20.

If it's a Spectre line we will see if there is a screen accurate version. I'm sure whatever the case it will be overpriced.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    The picture from Stuart's makes the jacket look like a fleece jacket that can be found for $20.

If it's a Spectre line we will see if there is a screen accurate version. I'm sure whatever the case it will be overpriced.

Vastly :#
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

Thought the same thing, reminded me of a cheap fleece.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just received this as it pertains to the Morocco Jacket:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email, I do apologise but unfortunately you will not be able to pre-order this item as we have not receieved stock. The jacket will be on sale when Spectre is released in October. The price of the jacket will be between £699-£899.

If you have any further enquiries then please do not hesitate to contact us at customerservices@stuartslondon.com

Kind regards

Trevor - Customer services Team

cid:image002.jpg@01CBC202.F76CFFF0
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Mantis, it may be time to see if the person who made your MI3 blouson can make a replica. It may turn out more SA than the Matchless version.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    imagine how paradox that would be: having a more SA replica of the jacket than the original/official one :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Seems odd, though, that they'd make a jacket that was so close to the SA one in most respects and yet slightly different. Sort of like Varvatos only reissuing the cafe racer in sky blue or something. What would be the point?

As a long time replica movie prop collector it's my experience that when companies have a license like this they are required to build in 'tells' to their product so it cannot be passed off as the screen used prop.

To Joe Public they market this stuff as 'based' exactly on the original jacket, but to sharp eyed collectors like us we spot the 'tells' a mile off. That's why back in the day around certain movie's prop collecting there was a significant underground unlicensed prop making cyndicate to produce the most accurate replicas whilst avoiding production companies enforcing the license with Cease&Desist Orders or full lawsuits.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    Seems odd, though, that they'd make a jacket that was so close to the SA one in most respects and yet slightly different. Sort of like Varvatos only reissuing the cafe racer in sky blue or something. What would be the point?

As a long time replica movie prop collector it's my experience that when companies have a license like this they are required to build in 'tells' to their product so it cannot be passed off as the screen used prop.

To Joe Public they market this stuff as 'based' exactly on the original jacket, but to sharp eyed collectors like us we spot the 'tells' a mile off. That's why back in the day around certain movie's prop collecting there was a significant underground unlicensed prop making cyndicate to produce the most accurate replicas whilst avoiding production companies enforcing the license with Cease&Desist Orders or full lawsuits.

That is fascinating and eye-opening! :s
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    That's why back in the day around certain movie's prop collecting

Why back in the day and no longer?
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    lippe wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    That's why back in the day around certain movie's prop collecting

Why back in the day and no longer?

Basically the hard work and outlay for a bootleg prop maker versus the mass produced licensed props that for many people were close enough, coupled with having to fly under the radar which minimises your customer base and risking financial ruin if you got slapped with a lawsuit, means its more effort than it is worth in many cases.

Read up about Richard A Coyle. He made replica Star Trek phasers for the fan collectors market back in the early days of prop replicas and got proper sued by Paramount. Ended up being taken under the wing of Gene Roddenberry's son so he could keep on making and selling replicas through the Roddenberry website with artist rights protection and the big dog studio couldn't touch him.

Back when the Star Wars prequels were due, Lucas Film gave the license to Master Replicas and loads of bootleg replica prop makers got C&D orders. The rest went underground and there was a market for their stuff because it was hyper accurate, versus licensed stuff with 'tells' and copyright markings on them. But as the quality of MR stuff improved versus price point on mass manufactured items, a lot of collectors chose to overlook the 'tells' for nice reasonably price props many with actor signature additions.

Point to note about bootleg prop replicas is if the studios want to be a real ass about things they can even get a court order and seize stuff from your personal collection, because your ownership of the unlicensed replica breaches their intellectual copyright.

Of course I was a 'found parts' Star Wars prop collector, so none of that stuff affected me :D
  • 7700777007 Posts: 502MI6 Agent
    Botox
    Photoshop.
  • sumner89sumner89 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    edited August 2015
    Well my Snowdons arrived today, and I am very happy with them. Well made and a good fit. Arrived in time for an upcoming holiday too. Here are a few pics (I apologise for the quality/lighting in the pictures)

Full_Size_Render_18.jpg

Full_Size_Render_21.jpg

Full_Size_Render_23.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,624Chief of Staff
    Great pics...I tried a similar pair on last week...I looked a proper numpty in them :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Great pics...I tried a similar pair on last week...I looked a proper numpty in them :))

Thank you Sir!

:)) I suppose the style is not for everybody! Thankfully they look OK on me... Or at least I think they do!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    Mine came today - the pair offered on Nordstrom's site. If the 21mm bridge is the bigger size the 16mm is going to look REALLY small, I think...
    sumner89 wrote:
    Well my Snowdons arrived today, and I am very happy with them. Well made and a good fit. Arrived in time for an upcoming holiday too. Here are a few pics (I apologise for the quality/lighting in the pictures)

Full_Size_Render_18.jpg

Full_Size_Render_21.jpg

Full_Size_Render_23.jpg

Where did you get yours from?
    Just heard that the pants in the poster picture ARE NOT TOM FORD....the stores had their fall seminars today and it was called out as not being theirs....the hunt continues...
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Interesting development! I can't say I'm surprised however. TF had seemed hesitant from the get-go that the Teaser poster/Westminster Bridge trousers were theirs. I'm both relieved and frustrated - relieved that we won't have to drop $800+ on a pair yet frustrated that it's back to the drawing board to determine who made them. I'm also worried that they are from a previous season (F/W 2014?) that is now all but sold out and near impossible to find (given that we're able to ID them). I've literally searched hundreds of websites and found a few designers that have done items with almost identical fabric, but sadly none have proven to be the correct trousers. This one may be left for Jany to confirm for us.

As for the Snowdons, I received my pair of size 50mm from Bluefly yesterday. They are the 21mm bridge as well and fit quite well, despite being just a tad wide for my narrow face. But I plan to add these to my collection, not wear them with any regularity.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Imagine if the trousers were Neil Barrett. Not the Mr white jacket. And the post on Instagram from Neil Barrett of the teaser poster was because they were trousers designed by him.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I had the same thought myself - the timing was there - cant find anything similar though, and that jacket does look like a NB - strangely enough, it also looks like some very old Marc Jacobs ones too!
    Imagine if the trousers were Neil Barrett. Not the Mr white jacket. And the post on Instagram from Neil Barrett of the teaser poster was because they were trousers designed by him.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    very smart buddy ,
    I'm sceptical which one to choose , so please could you give me the link.
    thanks
    sumner89 wrote:

Full_Size_Render_18.jpg

Full_Size_Render_21.jpg

Full_Size_Render_23.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
    I hope the teaser poster trousers are ID i need to complete my outfit , holding back on replica versions so far
    we will be all counting the days , this is worse that the Mr white jacket ahhh
    007 reporting for duty
    The Mantis wrote:
    sumner89 wrote:

Full_Size_Render_18.jpg

Full_Size_Render_21.jpg

Full_Size_Render_23.jpg

Where did you get yours from?

I got mine from Red Hot Sunglasses in the UK. I got a pretty good deal on mine, but I think they are currently out of stock at the moment.
    very smart buddy ,
    I'm sceptical which one to choose , so please could you give me the link.
    thanks
    sumner89 wrote:

Full_Size_Render_18.jpg

Full_Size_Render_21.jpg

Full_Size_Render_23.jpg

http://www.redhotsunglasses.co.uk/mens-sunglasses-c2/tom-ford-snowdon-sunglasses-black-havana-ft0237-05b-50-p961

That is the link from where I got mine from, but they are currently sold out. I was sceptical too, and to test the waters I used the price matcher tool on the ShadeStation website, as I believe they are quite reputable, to compare the prices on numerous different sites. With most of the sites that are selling the Snowdons at very low prices, ShadeStation refused to match them (I think they too were unsure of the authenticity of the other sites) but they were happy to meet the RedHotSunglasses prices, as it is a UK based company, and they are an AD. But I went with RedHotSunglasses as they were in stock at the time, and managed to get a further 10% off too.
    Gents, sorry that this is a moving target, but after putting the irons to TF, the bridge is indeed 21mm...the 16mm may be a womens but I canceled my edel-optics as they ONLY have 16mm....sorry, this is more art than science.

While we are at it, would love a link to anyone selling that is 100% authentic...
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,120MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Gents, sorry that this is a moving target, but after putting the irons to TF, the bridge is indeed 21mm...the 16mm may be a womens but I canceled my edel-optics as they ONLY have 16mm....sorry, this is more art than science.

While we are at it, would love a link to anyone selling that is 100% authentic...

I have bought Persol and Tom Ford sunglasses from here without any issues....

http://www.otticanet.com/en/sunglasses/tom-ford/snowdon-ft-0237/789940/
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

I have bought Persol and Tom Ford sunglasses from here without any issues....

http://www.otticanet.com/en/sunglasses/tom-ford/snowdon-ft-0237/789940/

I can also vouch for Otticanet as I have purchased from them before as well. 100% legit.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    thanks all most helpful , hopefully we can all keep each other updated
    007 reporting for duty
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the info!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    I bought mine from otticanet (pics in this thread). They were fedexed from Italy. Good experience with the vendor.