Trailer?

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Just found it...too much hype...seriously underwhelmed...
    YNWA 97
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The trailer doesn't show up on mobiles...not mine anyway...can't be arsed to start the PC...I'll wait...

It's worth the Wait -{

We will see...

It can be seen on youtube as well, also on mobile phones, here it is Sir Miles: -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQJbF2CXLQ
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    And on that High Note, I'm off to Sleep :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I feel the same.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Surely Mendes is not going to go for the obvious relation thing - as said above looks dark, menacing and a bit of a thriller (hopefully)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Sir Miles wrote:

It's worth the Wait -{

We will see...

It can be seen on youtube as well, also on mobile phones, here it is Sir Miles: -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvQJbF2CXLQ

Thank you...it seems it took awhile for it to appear on YouTube...wish I'd gone to bed now...
    YNWA 97
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    jf706.jpg
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Surely Mendes is not going to go for the obvious relation thing - as said above looks dark, menacing and a bit of a thriller (hopefully)

Being picky - Mendes didn't write it...but I do know the story...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't think it's Bond's relative, it's his ski instructor's son. and he's
    Only chasing spectre till the ski instructor comes. :D. I don't think
    We're in for an Austin Powers reveal. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I agree with you somewhat. I was hoping to see a bit of action, from the plane scene in the Alps, the car chase, or the festival in Mexico...but I think it was interesting to get a little peek at what must come before the action kicks off.
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    I absolutely love it. It looks like a genuinely exciting, atmospheric thriller.
  • discovolantediscovolante los angeles ca usaPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    "...a kite dancing in a hurricane..." I see some awkward dialogue remains in the script. And I thought the script rewrites were going away from the Bond-ESB relationship. Hmmmm...
    Looks beautifully shot, though.
    "...a kite dancing in a hurricane..." I see some awkward dialogue remains in the script. And I thought the script rewrites were going away from the Bond-ESB relationship. Hmmmm...
    Looks beautifully shot, though.

I actually liked that line :))
    YNWA 97
    Jellyfish wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I agree with you somewhat. I was hoping to see a bit of action, from the plane scene in the Alps, the car chase, or the festival in Mexico...but I think it was interesting to get a little peek at what must come before the action kicks off.

Prob a bit early and have too much wizard work to do on the big action scenes
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I quite liked the feel of it. I especially liked Mr White's appearance tying the films together. He's clearly not had the best of times since QOS! Also liked the subtlety of the Spectre ring- not such a giveaway as the old one!

What I didn't like was the continuing meddling into Bond's past by the writers -I really can see this resulting in Blofeld (probably Oberhauser/Waltz) being Bond's nemesis due to some sibling rivalry!

Why is it that the writers feel the need to make it personal for Bond?!!? Please bring back the days when he's on the mission for Queen and country...

Not totally downbeat about the trailer/film though...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    I love the "You're a kite dancing in a hurricane, Mr. Bond" line.

I loved the whole trailer to be honest. I was a bit underwhelmed when Moneypenny brought the personal effects but then as it went on, I got more and more excited.

I can see why people have concerns over the idea of Bond knowing Oberhauser/Blofeld from his childhood but I feel like it has potential to work still.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Yeah its nice to see Mr White, kind of gives us closure (presume he snuffs it) from CR and QoS - maybe!!!!

SPECTRE ring was indeed pretty cool

Agree on the personal thing from when he was a kid, prob totally unnecessary in the scheme of it all
    Also liked the subtlety of the Spectre ring- not such a giveaway as the old one!....

Same here...thought that was beautifully made -{
    YNWA 97
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Looks good to me....wouldn't jump to any conclusions about Waltz/Blofeld/etc being related to Bond by blood...but who knows. It's intriguing for sure. Guessing that Mr. and Mrs. Bond's fall from the mountain might not have been an accident. What we might have here are the makings of an actual thriller with a mystery and a twist. I might have been on to something when I hypothesized (I have not seen the early script draft) that Bond is either contacted by or tracks down Mr. White who is in hiding and may also be wanted by SPECTRE (for maybe a little time in the old "hot seat" ala TB). It'll be interesting to see if it's Bond who eliminates White or if SPECTRE gets him.

I don't think we know yet that SPECTRE killed Bond's parents, although I think that would be an interesting way to go.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    that sent chills down my spine when he said that, so what if its something stupid to say in real life. It is great actors that make it sound spooky!
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    "Not suprised to see they DID go for Bond's parents being murdered by SPECTRE"

I'm pretty sure they DID not go for that. I don't see where the trailer shows that anywhere.

"Bond getting the family ties from Skyfall effects and then is somehow present at a SPECTRE meeting where he is instantly recognised? True, without context, it's hard to put too much weight on it, but still..."

There's going to be context, and the trailer tries to EXTREMELY condense a bunch of information. I think that if the script is executed the way they did with Skyfall, that it will be every bit as good as that one. For those who didn't like Skyfall... maybe not so much! :))

I think the trailer is great. I love that they used the bullet hole octopus image as well! EXCITED!
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Some fans are speculating in the YouTube comments about Oberhauser being Bonds brother.
    I don't like the idea, but the teaser seems to be great!
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
    I don't see how it would be any kind of real brother, given that Hannes Oberhauser wasn't really Bond's father.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    okay so if Oberhauser was Bond's ski instructor. He was Bond's parent's ski instructor. Now as i recall Bond's parents were killed in a rock climbing accident, but i may be mis-remembering and it was a skiing accident. So if Oberhauser was there working for Spectre, he could've killed Bond's parents and made it look like an accident. Did i just figure it out or did everyone already know this?

Also, if youve ever read the 007: Carte Blanche, Bond finds out that his parent's death might not have been an accident, and that his mother might have been a secret agent. Which if i remember she was swiss, so a swiss operative? but they are going to austria, so maybe they changed that part?!

I love how Skyfall connects to this movie. Just that when they survey the crime scene of skyfall they find something. its brilliant. Now Silva doesn't have to had been working for Spectre in order for the two to connect. Now its making sense that Kincade could come back, and i loved Kincade

That scene with him on the boat going through the mountains was so epic. Never has Bond been up against such Natural locales since Sam Mendez took over.

Now, here's the main hair raising part of the trailer for me. The Spectre meeting. It was so illuminati-creepy, it sent shivers down my spine! and Waltz' Oberhauser talks: "We're pleased you can join us Mr. Bond. It's been a long time coming. And here we are." - I want this actor to be the man in charge! I don't care Even if his name is Oberhauser and not Ernst Stavro Blofeld, and he isn't bald, and doesn't have a cat or a gray suit, this man just sold me his ability to be the main boss!!! and i want him to return for bond 25! So let Oberhauser be the head honcho of SPECTRE!

just speculating, everybody. let me know what you think.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Why is it that the writers feel the need to make it personal for Bond?!!? Please bring back the days when he's on the mission for Queen and country...

Agree. We just have to accept it I'm afraid. :(
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    dark and chilling! hopefully a real bond thriller! can't wait to see it on the big screen! still don't believe CW is blofeld...too easy!
    I'm motivated by my duty
    His "authorized biography" explains that James mother was a little coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs, and went up the mountain to get away from family problems and Andrew Bond. Andrew went up to bring her down and at some point, both fell to their deaths. Onlookers from below couldn't tell if they slipped, or if Monique jumped and Andrew was pulled down with her or tried to stop her.

I remember NOW that it was Carte Blanche that inferred that the Bonds may have been spies and their deaths not accidental. I'm not sure anything can be conclusively determined what is "cannon" regarding this these days.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    dark and chilling! hopefully a real bond thriller! can't wait to see it on the big screen! still don't believe CW is blofeld...too easy!

Believe it.
    The amazing thing about this trailer is not only does it look great / tease but also how much was missing (main Bond girl, car chases, PTS, Plane crash, Austrian assault, Q, M, main henchman etc etc)

Think this is going to smash Skyfall
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:

Believe it.

They might not call him Blofeld, or maybe call him that later. But I think he is likely the other kid in the picture: Oberhauser Jr. And it is very implied that he is now the head of Spectre.
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage