Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Ties should have come in a box. I believe even Harrods / Selfridges give you a TF tie box (correct me if I'm wrong)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Tom London sent me this image of the 5 spectre ties , the navy one i reckon looks nothing like mine they sent
    thoughts ?

image1.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
    Looks like the second one to me.

TF ties really do vary in light etc
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Well I cancelled my order of a Polo and Blouson from the States after their monumental ****-up, and reordered a Navy Polo from the London store, and saved myself £100 on the Polo...

And she arrived today. Gorgeous, but for £530 it bl**dy well should be. I've basically abandoned my Sölden gear, so Morocco it shall have to be...

IMG_0366_zpsze25t8jk.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsq7fsqurk.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsh9lcjl4z.jpg

It does feel the money, but still feel more than a tad gipped by the man TF.

Cheers,

Blair
    Great stuff Blair!!!!!

Now who's gonna be the first to wear the Solden gear??
    your right , its going back too
    must say these ties are just plain , skyfall weave ones looked miles better
    007 reporting for duty
    your right there , Navy one looks perfect
    does feel lovely though heh
    Well I cancelled my order of a Polo and Blouson from the States after their monumental ****-up, and reordered a Navy Polo from the London store, and saved myself £100 on the Polo...

And she arrived today. Gorgeous, but for £530 it bl**dy well should be. I've basically abandoned my Sölden gear, so Morocco it shall have to be...

IMG_0366_zpsze25t8jk.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsq7fsqurk.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsh9lcjl4z.jpg

Cheers,

Blair
    007 reporting for duty
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'm just a bystander in all this, but what the hell is happening with Tom Ford?

First the price "miscommunication" on the polos and Solden, and now two monumental c**k ups in the orders of two abj members.

For the price point you would expect Tom Ford not to be so sloppy. Tintin gets the wrong size Solden, while Chris gets the wrong shirt, polo, and tie; and the ties comes without boxes or tags. I've gotten much better service from Kohls and Target for Pete's sake. Is it one TF boutique screwing up or is this systemic for today's Tom Ford?

I have to wonder how many people who aren't on the forums got their orders messed up.
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    I've been sent the blue in error. I'm debating sending it back if the on screen is black. But, I'm reluctant as it looks similar to all the pictures of the solden posted on here. What do we think?

Tom ford

image.jpg

image.jpg

My boss alternative

image.jpg

I love the BOSS alternative. I could hardly tell the differences.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Blair, the polo looks great!! I love the details visible in the weave and the sleeves. What size did you end up getting?

Kind regards,
    Crai
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Looks amazing!!!

IMG_0366_zpsze25t8jk.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsq7fsqurk.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsh9lcjl4z.jpg

Cheers,

Blair
    Craig, I'm a size 48 with TF through and through!
    DBS wrote:
    Blair, the polo looks great!! I love the details visible in the weave and the sleeves. What size did you end up getting?

Kind regards,
    Crai
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    I've been sent the blue in error. I'm debating sending it back if the on screen is black. But, I'm reluctant as it looks similar to all the pictures of the solden posted on here. What do we think?

Tom ford

image.jpg

image.jpg

My boss alternative

image.jpg

I love the BOSS alternative. I could hardly tell the differences.

I love it too!!!!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    I'm just a bystander in all this, but what the hell is happening with Tom Ford?

First the price "miscommunication" on the polos and Solden, and now two monumental c**k ups in the orders of two abj members.

For the price point you would expect Tom Ford not to be so sloppy. Tintin gets the wrong size Solden, while Chris gets the wrong shirt, polo, and tie; and the ties comes without boxes or tags. I've gotten much better service from Kohls and Target for Pete's sake. Is it one TF boutique screwing up or is this systemic for today's Tom Ford?

I have to wonder how many people who aren't on the forums got their orders messed up.

I'm a JAFO too...and I have to agree with WD here...this is poor customer service from Tom Ford...you should expect better - and get better :#
    YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff

IMG_0366_zpsze25t8jk.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsq7fsqurk.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsh9lcjl4z.jpg

Cheers,

Blair

Great pictures, Blair - thanks -{
    YNWA 97
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    @Blair: spot-on

@chriscollins007: sad to hear that you also have trouble with your order.
    I hope that's it and all other here will get what they ordered.

At least Dario has found my size 52 blouson and he is going to arrange tomorrow the exchange. :D
    Well, currently it looks like I may have another size 52 available of the Sölden jacket.
    So if anyone is still looking for this jacket it would be a pleasure to pass it on an ajb member instead of returning it to a Tom Ford boutique.

Meanwhile, to illustrate the grey or charcoal color of the blouson, here a comparison shot of the size 48 to my black cardigan. However, the blouson appears much darker without a direct comparison.

tfk157vsblackgu3k7l4nqy.jpg
    Glad your getting sorted my friend!!

My DHL tracking is stuck on "information received" and it's been 24 hrs :v
    Fingers crossed that everything is alright!!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent

Cheers! Thanks, Blair. I'm a 48 across the boards with TF as well. I've just ordered the size 48 polo in Navy on consignment, so we'll see how it looks when it arrives in a day or two. I'm impressed so far, so fingers crossed I'm as pleased with it in person. At $900+, I'm going to be very meticulous with it, to say the least! It looks great with the Matchless as well!! Did you opt to keep the Medium? If so, that should look quite similar to what I'm expecting then.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent

IMG_0366_zpsze25t8jk.jpg

IMG_0367_zpsq7fsqurk.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsh9lcjl4z.jpg

Cheers,

Blair

Wow, you look great man! Congrats on a great purchase!
  • ih8dumpplih8dumppl Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    @Blair: spot-on

@chriscollins007: sad to hear that you also have trouble with your order.
    I hope that's it and all other here will get what they ordered.

At least Dario has found my size 52 blouson and he is going to arrange tomorrow the exchange. :D
    Well, currently it looks like I may have another size 52 available of the Sölden jacket.
    So if anyone is still looking for this jacket it would be a pleasure to pass it on an ajb member instead of returning it to a Tom Ford boutique.

Meanwhile, to illustrate the grey or charcoal color of the blouson, here a comparison shot of the size 48 to my black cardigan. However, the blouson appears much darker without a direct comparison.

tfk157vsblackgu3k7l4nqy.jpg

Tintin, PM sent about the blouson.
  • ssiddi2ssiddi2 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    I ordered a 52 but returned it. It should be arriving at the Tom Ford store on Madison Ave in NYC on the 14th of October if you would like to contact them.
    Tintin wrote:
    Today I received my package from Tom Ford London.
    Unfortunately, they have sent me a size 48 of the Sölden blouson instead of me ordered size 52. :# Damn.

Now I can only hope, that they will be able to locate a size 52 for an exchange.

But perhaps just another example of a First World Problem.
    Thanks ssiddi2, but at the moment it looks as if the London Tom Ford store have found a size 52 for me to replace the size 48. -{
    ssiddi2 wrote:
    I ordered a 52 but returned it. It should be arriving at the Tom Ford store on Madison Ave in NYC on the 14th of October if you would like to contact them.
    Tintin wrote:
    Today I received my package from Tom Ford London.
    Unfortunately, they have sent me a size 48 of the Sölden blouson instead of me ordered size 52. :# Damn.

Now I can only hope, that they will be able to locate a size 52 for an exchange.

But perhaps just another example of a First World Problem.
    Yup, Craig. Went for the medium in the Matchless.

Warmest regards from a chilly England,

Blair
    DBS wrote:

Cheers! Thanks, Blair. I'm a 48 across the boards with TF as well. I've just ordered the size 48 polo in Navy on consignment, so we'll see how it looks when it arrives in a day or two. I'm impressed so far, so fingers crossed I'm as pleased with it in person. At $900+, I'm going to be very meticulous with it, to say the least! It looks great with the Matchless as well!! Did you opt to keep the Medium? If so, that should look quite similar to what I'm expecting then.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • teiring100teiring100 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Could anybody be so kind and tell me the email address of the Tom Ford store on Madison in NYC?
    Would be appreciated! Thanks a lot!
    looks like Dario has his work cut out , promised me better packaging
    We shall wait with bated breath :v
    007 reporting for duty
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, has anyone of you already tried the Tom Ford solden blouson and has information about the fitting? I've been told by a Tom Ford store that these are rather tight and one should size up.

Thanks in advance
    singhammer wrote:
    Hi guys, has anyone of you already tried the Tom Ford solden blouson and has information about the fitting? I've been told by a Tom Ford store that these are rather tight and one should size up.

Thanks in advance

Think everybody who has one so far has been sent the wrong size lol

All seems to be Europe at the mo - nobody from US got anything yet?
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    oh god, looks like I need to get my hands on one of those polos.
  • ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    singhammer wrote:

Thanks in advance

Think everybody who has one so far has been sent the wrong size lol

All seems to be Europe at the mo - nobody from US got anything yet?
    Picked up the ivory dinner jacket in sz. 44 (I guess 44 in TF Windsor cuts work better for me than 46).

Picked up the Solden jacket and polo in sz. 46. 46 is my TF size for everything else (cardigan, polos, O'Connor suits, trousers, etc.). I would not change your sizing for the Solden jacket or polo.