Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• SuperintendentSuperintendent Here and there...Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Both navy and light blue polo shirts look great, shame the light blue one doesn't appear in the film as I think that colour fits Craig perfectly. Ridiculously overpriced, though.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Both navy and light blue polo shirts look great, shame the light blue one doesn't appear in the film as I think that colour fits Craig perfectly. Ridiculously overpriced, though.

is the light blue one not in the film? I thought I saw a glimpse of it under the Matchless morocco jacket on one of the tv spots? (maybe the german one)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

We don't know if it appears in the film or not. Only navy is confirmed.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent Here and there...Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Considering the locations, Morocco is probably the only appropriate setting for such shirt. As we have seen I think three different Bond's outfits in Morocco scenes, I'm guessing that it's highly unlikely he will be wearing a light blue polo. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

I think people here have agreed that's not a polo shirt he is wearing under the Matchless jacket. Looks more like a regular shirt.

CQzmrcpUkAEfhZS.jpg
  • ashwinsuresh1ashwinsuresh1 Los Angeles, CA, United StatesPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    Are we SURE on whether the Snowdons are 52N (Havana) or 05B (Shiny Black)? My associate at BH showed me the Snowdons that came in - in the same width as the Bond Snowdons - and we eliminated 05J (Black Havana). I told her I liked both 52N and 05B and asked her to make sure we were getting the right one that he wears and ring it up. Came home and saw I have the 52N (Havana), but seems most folks think it's the 05B (Shiny Black)! Can anyone confirm?? X-(
    Also, did anyone else pick up the sky pant? I found my size at Beverly Hills today and snagged it immediately. Tried hard to get it tailored as slim as humanly possible given the double pleat.

As a general question, do you guys see this pant as wearable with anything besides the extreme-style Solden boots?

Love to wear screen accurate stuff, but - while the cardigan, polos, suits, etc. look fine in the real world - I'm wondering how you guys think this pant might look with the N. Peal sweater/TF Solden jacket and TF oxfords/loafers. Might just return and use $$$ towards another suit but I'm torn...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    No confirmation officially but the Omega lifetime mag has a very clear picture from Rome, they def look 05b, the lighter accents on the 52's would def show. And remember Bond wears these to a funeral with black.... Shiny black would match better.
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Received my TF gear from London store...there were no tags in the box, no hanger for the jacket or protective suitor, not even a receipt...

And for what I paid on shipping I expected a much larger box...everything was squashed into one shirt box......groan.
    Also, did anyone else pick up the sky pant? I found my size at Beverly Hills today and snagged it immediately. Tried hard to get it tailored as slim as humanly possible given the double pleat.

As a general question, do you guys see this pant as wearable with anything besides the extreme-style Solden boots?

Love to wear screen accurate stuff, but - while the cardigan, polos, suits, etc. look fine in the real world - I'm wondering how you guys think this pant might look with the N. Peal sweater/TF Solden jacket and TF oxfords/loafers. Might just return and use $$$ towards another suit but I'm torn...

I am sorry to say I think the pants are horrible (my opinion) and outside of sledding I couldn't imagine wearing them...I cancelled mine.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    The Mantis wrote:
    Received my TF gear from London store...there were no tags in the box, no hanger for the jacket or protective suitor, not even a receipt...

And for what I paid on shipping I expected a much larger box...everything was squashed into one shirt box......groan.

Hmm not good at all, I have my order and somebody elses being sent to me hence quite a fair few items in total. Not sure if I'm more worried about stuff being squished and damaged or being sent the wrong item or wrong size!!

Any positives Mantis? Jacket and Polo cool?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:

Tom Ford really have made a mess of this...this is top end stuff at top end prices...you should expect (even demand) FAR better for your money... X-(
    YNWA 97
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Kinda glad I've avoided the price and awful customer service.
    The positives are the blouson jacket is fantastic...when the coffee has hit me I will take some pics...really is a great piece and I have concluded I will be wearing it much more often than I originally thought...Navy polo is really well made, but I may have chosen one a hair too small on me...not sure...also the deep V, not used to it so it might take some time...

welshboy78 wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Hmm not good at all, I have my order and somebody elses being sent to me hence quite a fair few items in total. Not sure if I'm more worried about stuff being squished and damaged or being sent the wrong item or wrong size!!

Any positives Mantis? Jacket and Polo cool?
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    I went into the store and was able to speak with and deal with some very friendly people who ensured I was taken care of. Hate to say it, but I contacted John Guidry by e-mail multiple times and was blown off after the initial price quote. I then called him and he mentioned that he'd put my name down (which it turns out he did not). Was fortunate to be able to get my items which had not sold out by then.

Cucinelli is far better to deal with in my opinion. Truly responsive employees who care about their customers.
    Sounds like the TF London store is practically a one man operation (I know its not but it feels like it in my emails, I can imagine Dario serving customers instore, whilst answering emails at the same time on his iPhone :)) )

I guess they are not used to huge rushes and demands for their items that SPECTRE has sprung on the staff. Ive never shopped in Tom Ford (only mail order several times), so always under the impression its a pretty laid back / royalty kind of experience rather then a mail order centre for crazy Bond fans!!!

PS - not excusing them at all just kind of imagining the scenario, sound like they are not prepared at all and prob can't wait until this is over
    Although since they are commissioned they probably like the influx...
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sounds like the TF London store is practically a one man operation (I know its not but it feels like it in my emails, I can imagine Dario serving customers instore, whilst answering emails at the same time on his iPhone :)) )

I guess they are not used to huge rushes and demands for their items that SPECTRE has sprung on the staff. Ive never shopped in Tom Ford (only mail order several times), so always under the impression its a pretty laid back / royalty kind of experience rather then a mail order centre for crazy Bond fans!!!

PS - not excusing them at all just kind of imagining the scenario, sound like they are not prepared at all and prob can't wait until this is over
    Ok scrub that last sentence lol

I'm gutted as my order only shipped yesterday, looks like I will be traveling to the UK when it turns up hence I'm not going to know what is what until I return in Nov :#
    The Mantis wrote:
    I am sorry to say I think the pants are horrible (my opinion) and outside of sledding I couldn't imagine wearing them...I cancelled mine.

Must admit I was on the fence about the pants from the very start (i.e. will I use them). I ordered anyhow and will see what they are like, I guess I can always return and put towards a suit or something if need be.
  • teiring100teiring100 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

I think this only regards the Tom Ford store in London. In my opinion they are not working very professional.
    I had much, much better experiences with Tom Ford Milan, Tom Ford New York and Tom Ford Tokyo. All of them, I can only recommend. Unfortunately, Tom Ford Tokyo is not allowed to ship outside of Japan.
    Yes I usually use Milan also with great success. However when I initially enquired about this collection etc they were not sure what they were receiving but London did etc therefore I went with London as they could secure what I wanted early. Milan did get back to me in the end but I had already paid up etc
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Got my size 52. Unfortunately, also without a hanger or tags.

tfk157kpg80c3nz7.jpg
    Tintin wrote:
    Got my size 52. Unfortunately, also without a hanger or tags.

tfk157kpg80c3nz7.jpg

I wish I bought that now.
    Cool, finally a pic!!

Glad you got there in the end! Looks great
  • teiring100teiring100 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yes I usually use Milan also with great success. However when I initially enquired about this collection etc they were not sure what they were receiving but London did etc therefore I went with London as they could secure what I wanted early. Milan did get back to me in the end but I had already paid up etc

Even more hilarious is the fact that they don't accept credit cards in contrast to Milan or New York. :))

@Tintin, great jacket! Can't wait to get mine!
    teiring100 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Even more hilarious is the fact that they don't accept credit cards in contrast to Milan or New York. :))

@Tintin, great jacket! Can't wait to get mine!

They do but only after your first purchase for some reason!! In store of course no problem!!
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

I agree 100%.
    I hope we will eventually identify the Mr. White pants.

mrwhitevs0mbi7t5k.jpg

This slightly thicker wool chino (?) will certainly also matching well the Sölden blouson.
    (Definitely better than my very low-cut jeans worn without a belt. ;% Sorry guys!)
    Wonder if they are also the London pants??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Wonder if they are also the London pants??

Could be right welshie
    And not to be a pest, but any confirmation from anyone whether Shiny Black or Havana?? ?:)
    And not to be a pest, but any confirmation from anyone whether Shiny Black or Havana?? ?:)

Nobody knows for sure and diff TF stores have diff opinions. I think the latest consensus here is that they are the black.