Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Trouser_Design_1.jpg

Actual film trouser fabric here. Might actually be #3 from what I posted. What do you guys think? Idk... I feel like I could debate this forever. #1 looked the best imo and #3 might be the most screen accurate.

None of those three are the same as what Craig wears, but all have the same effect from a distance. I think you made the right choice with #1 since, as you said, they resemble suit trousers the least.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Returning this polo to exchange for a bigger size. From a 48 to a 50. The blouson I will be keeping.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Jeeze Dave, will you go to a gym once or twice :)
    I had my doubts about the deep V-neck but it really looks great on you!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Too kind, brother!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Really liking this one!!

Sharkskin.JPG
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Didn't I say it looked nice? ;)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,094MI6 Agent
    That is a stunner.
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    It's been a while since I've been on here but as normal it comes up trumps for finding information. I've just emailed TF London to see what items are in stock and ill pop down there at lunch this week.

I quiet like the look of the polo and jacket, is the correct polo the dark blue one?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    Question, all...

Does anyone seem to know anything about the TF Solden trousers that Bond wears with the Solden blouson? There's a great picture of them on Instagram @legallybond

They look beautiful, but they don't look like snow/ski pants. Does anyone seem to know what material these pants may be? They can't be dress pants as we see Bond wearing them with boots in the snow.

What does anyone here think?
  • FRGNAFFAIRSFRGNAFFAIRS Posts: 83MI6 Agent
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Question, all...

Does anyone seem to know anything about the TF Solden trousers that Bond wears with the Solden blouson? There's a great picture of them on Instagram @legallybond

They look beautiful, but they don't look like snow/ski pants. Does anyone seem to know what material these pants may be? They can't be dress pants as we see Bond wearing them with boots in the snow.

I could not tell you what the exact material is off the top of my head, but they are a heavier weight and feel like a military-type pant with dress pant features; also, if I remember correctly, they feature a plastic button-fly, and elastic at the bottom of each leg to keep them tucked under your heels. I'm just over 6'2" and the Solden trousers looked fantastic on me.
  • FRGNAFFAIRSFRGNAFFAIRS Posts: 83MI6 Agent
    Trouser_Design_1.jpg

Actual film trouser fabric here. Might actually be #3 from what I posted. What do you guys think? Idk... I feel like I could debate this forever. #1 looked the best imo and #3 might be the most screen accurate.

I thought the same thing, but upon closer inspection, I agree with Matt S, they are not the same pattern.

IMG_8874.jpg

IMG_8875.jpg

IMG_8876.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Well my Ford stuff arrived again , Dario sorted the nice touch
    IMG_1777.jpg

So good start but the confusion is the fact we had no catalogue of this , so I think ive ended up with the wrong shirt again.
    I wanted the Dr No cuffs one (cocktail i believe is the term ) in white which I thought was a standard suit shirt , I've been sent the tie pin collar !
    So is this a error or was this the only style shirt with that type of cuffs.
    Perhaps Welshie and Matt can help
    Don't fancy sending it back again , that would be £28 in total postage.

IMG_1778.jpg

Shirt fits perfect though and unique

Having said the the polo is a winner and personally I think it fits perfect , its a size 50 :007)

IMG_1779.jpg
    007 reporting for duty
    Hi

The Dr No cuff is available in the following 3 combos mate so if you want white you have to stick with the pin

94AJRF - 6FT009 Classic collar Dr No Cuff - colour Sky
    94AJRF - 6FT335 Classic collar Dr No Cuff - colour Purple Blue
    94DJJA - 6FT000 Classic collar with PIN Dr No Cuff - colour White

Usual White shirt with french cuffs is: 94BJRF 6FT000 or Sky Blue (as seen with his pinstripe) 94BJRF 6FT009

Hope that helps!
    thanks bud , at least TF go this right then :))
    I'll stick with it
    i can still wear it with a jumper or cardigan , just not on its own without the pin I suupose.
    007 reporting for duty
  • GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent
    Polo shirt looks great on!
    Was in TF London last Thursday and got a good look at the polo albeit in sky blue. The detail is exquisite! -{

Can I ask is that the 'ink' coloured tie? I bought the black-on-black as well as the pocket square but wish I'd bought the darker tie too.
    Well my Ford stuff arrived again , Dario sorted the nice touch
    IMG_1777.jpg

So good start but the confusion is the fact we had no catalogue of this , so I think ive ended up with the wrong shirt again.
    I wanted the Dr No cuffs one (cocktail i believe is the term ) in white which I thought was a standard suit shirt , I've been sent the tie pin collar !
    So is this a error or was this the only style shirt with that type of cuffs.
    Perhaps Welshie and Matt can help
    Don't fancy sending it back again , that would be £28 in total postage.

IMG_1778.jpg

Shirt fits perfect though and unique

Having said the the polo is a winner and personally I think it fits perfect , its a size 50 :007)

IMG_1779.jpg
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    The Spectre collection is online at Selfridges

It's in there just need to search through the pieces !

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/tom-ford/mens/?cm_sp=Brand-_-TomFordWW-_-Mod5MensClothing

-{
    JG007 wrote:

http://www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/tom-ford/mens/?cm_sp=Brand-_-TomFordWW-_-Mod5MensClothing

-{

That link doesn't work. :(
    JG007 wrote:

-{

I spot the Blouson / Ski pants / polo /cocktail cuff shirts / poss a few ties and suits

Surprised since TF keeps saying how limited! Interesting to see if Mr Porter follows tomorrow with their usual update

None of it appears to mention SPECTRE or Bond
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Definitely surprised to see nearly the whole range of clothing.

Don't those ski pants make you look like you have the bottom half of a woman.... :s
    When did Selfridges start selling TF online? :o
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    I love that blouson. I really do. But I cannot and will not be able to justify that price for the jacket. I am tempted by a polo though. Are they worth it anyone?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,780MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Too kind, brother!

No Matt B's right D, you look great, all chest and no waist, so the top looks great on you. I have a different blue short sleeve top. - I'm the other way round at the mo, all waist and no chest! :#
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I would say so , the material is so smooth and fits like a glove , cracking addition to your wardrobe and of course its Bond.Cost is still debatable though but it finishes the outfit.
    I love that blouson. I really do. But I cannot and will not be able to justify that price for the jacket. I am tempted by a polo though. Are they worth it anyone?
    007 reporting for duty
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    Definitely surprised to see nearly the whole range of clothing.

Don't those ski pants make you look like you have the bottom half of a woman.... :s

Looking at the pants it takes me back a few years (OK it's more than a few :D ) when I first learned to ski. Had a very similar pair bought from the Co-op store (Murton House) in Newcastle, they were quite 'stiff' and rather coarse (hard wearing) with stirrups which fitted into my leather ski boots. These type of pants were de rigueur on most ski slopes in the late 60s.
    Would be worth something now if I still had them. Don't think I'll be splashing out on these to go with my Moncler though :))
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Question, all...

I could not tell you what the exact material is off the top of my head, but they are a heavier weight and feel like a military-type pant with dress pant features; also, if I remember correctly, they feature a plastic button-fly, and elastic at the bottom of each leg to keep them tucked under your heels. I'm just over 6'2" and the Solden trousers looked fantastic on me.

Are they black or blue? Hard to tell from the photos.
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    DonnyDB5 wrote:
    Question, all...

Are they black or blue? Hard to tell from the photos.

According to the Selfridges link they are Navy, which would fit with the colour of the ribbed front of the Solden jacket which is Navy as well.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Anyone whos got the tiez alrwady able to give the code on Selfridges for the blue pts / mecivo tie?
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    They should be back a few pages with the codes. From what I see the codes don't match the Selfridges ones but I only checked a few which looked similar so could be wrong
  • singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Btw has anyone ever seen the Solden/ski pants in a size different from 34?
  • mudz112mudz112 London, United KingdomPosts: 130MI6 Agent
    They have practically the entire range at selfridges - that's incredible. Absurd pricing but I guess that's Tom Ford for you.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    can someone translate a size XL in whatever it is for the Sölden Blouson, please? -{
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"