Tom Ford Spectre Clothing Announcement and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Ha - yes I do now. Though wasn't that their in-house tailoring?

Though I guess if you had crap experience stick to your principals!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    ajd_007 wrote:
    MI6-Doo wrote:

Harrods had a few left when I was in yesterday too.

I will give them a ring in the morning to see if they have in stock, how fitted are they?

A few people told me they are quite fitted and tight under the arm. Maybe more people can chip in?
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ha - yes I do now. Though wasn't that their in-house tailoring?

Though I guess if you had crap experience stick to your principals!!

Yes, that's correct.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ajd_007 wrote:
    MI6-Doo wrote:

Harrods had a few left when I was in yesterday too.

I will give them a ring in the morning to see if they have in stock, how fitted are they?

A few people told me they are quite fitted and tight under the arm. Maybe more people can chip in?

Ok, thank you. Ill make sure to try a few on. :007)
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    I received my order from TF Milan Today.
    I cancelled my order of the solden jacket and polo, because of the increased prices, but as tie collector, get 3 ties.
    I ordered the grey, navy and ink.
    I asked about the PTS Tie, theytold me it`s the navy one, but after delivery, i`m sceptical, if you look at the pictures, the tie looks more like the blue one. Any confirmation, with which suit the ties are worn?
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    I ordered the Tom Ford jacket today and I blame Dave for it! After I saw him rocking it at the Omega store I realized it's versatility.
    JBT0077 wrote:
    I received my order from TF Milan Today.
    I cancelled my order of the solden jacket and polo, because of the increased prices, but as tie collector, get 3 ties.
    I ordered the grey, navy and ink.
    I asked about the PTS Tie, theytold me it`s the navy one, but after delivery, i`m sceptical, if you look at the pictures, the tie looks more like the blue one. Any confirmation, with which suit the ties are worn?

I thought it was only USA who had increased prices - I don't think Europe changed. Mine never did!!!
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 372MI6 Agent
    Did anyone buy the T.F. Ski pants? I passed on them and regret it now as the look great. Does anyone have the complete Austria action outfit ? I'd love to see what people are doing for pants and shoes with the jacket. I have a pair of R L purple Label charcoal flannel pants that I'm thinking might work, also grey moleskin pants that might be an option.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Matt B wrote:
    I ordered the Tom Ford jacket today and I blame Dave for it! After I saw him rocking it at the Omega store I realized it's versatility.

Lol. Too funny. I have to say I have been wearing the TF Solden all around Belgium for the last few days and it's fast becoming my go to jacket.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    As some people have already mentioned, the screen used Morocco jacket differs in some minor details from the Matchless Craig Blouson. So the retail version is branded with a logo on the sleeve and the collar is missing a small hook. To me these are no serious differences.

Unfortunately, the offered Tom Ford Solden jacket deviates also in two points from the original SPECTRE jacket.

1.) The screen used jacket has 11 ½ ribs, while the retail version has 12 ½ ribs. Because this is the case at the sizes 48 to 52, I guess these changes isn't depending on the clothing sizes.

savstf1bcdoitu2lv.jpg

2.) Something striking is the different size of the side pockets. At Daniel Craig's jacket the pockets are much longer and cross 5 ribs. The openings at the retail version are smaller and cross only 4 of the already slightly narrower ribs.
    By the higher-reaching pockets of the screen used jacket it appears shorter and give it a more chunky looking shape.

savstf2t3bifqr7mo.jpg

Nevertheless, the Tom Ford jacket has of course the most matching details, but unfortunately it's certainly not 100% SA.
    Just my two cents worth.
    Nice analysis Tintin

Maybe DC went with the Moncler :)) (ducks and covers)
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Im weakening too

Anyone got a 52/42 that can send me chest (pit to pit) measurements. Im a 16/41 in tf shirts and gave the quantum cardi in 52, so guessing that will be right for me. Just dont fancy exchanging if wrong

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    And yes, I blame Mr DZ too! Hope you're enjoying Europe!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Amazing forensics TinTin!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Fantastic research {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,155MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice analysis Tintin

:)) -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    As some people have already mentioned, the screen used Morocco jacket differs in some minor details from the Matchless Craig Blouson. So the retail version is branded with a logo on the sleeve and the collar is missing a small hook. To me these are no serious differences.

Unfortunately, the offered Tom Ford Solden jacket deviates also in two points from the original SPECTRE jacket.

1.) The screen used jacket has 11 ½ ribs, while the retail version has 12 ½ ribs. Because this is the case at the sizes 48 to 52, I guess these changes isn't depending on the clothing sizes.

savstf1bcdoitu2lv.jpg

2.) Something striking is the different size of the side pockets. At Daniel Craig's jacket the pockets are much longer and cross 5 ribs. The openings at the retail version are smaller and cross only 4 of the already slightly narrower ribs.
    By the higher-reaching pockets of the screen used jacket it appears shorter and give it a more chunky looking shape.

savstf2t3bifqr7mo.jpg

Nevertheless, the Tom Ford jacket has of course the most matching details, but unfortunately it's certainly not 100% SA.
    Just my two cents worth.

Amazing analysis! This is good information for replica makers. The question then becomes: would we like the replica to be like the TF version or a SA version? I would be more interested in a SA version myself, as the little details really add up in my overly obsessive mind. :))
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice analysis Tintin

Not quite. Moncler has 111/2 ribs but the pocket goes over 3 and a tiny bit :D
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Looks like it's lunch time TF shopping tomorrow. :# :D
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    are you going to the London shop?
    Llafyks wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice analysis Tintin

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry I meant the Harrods Moncler!!!
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Llafyks wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice analysis Tintin

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry I meant the Harrods Moncler!!!

Do you know anyone who got one of these Paul? I heard they were very good but very expensive. We may all have to wait for Dan to produce a more SA one than TF :))
    ajd_007 wrote:

Yes. :007)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    ajd_007 wrote:
    ajd_007 wrote:

Yes. :007)
    let me know if there are any of the Rome collar pin shirts left please!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    If you do shop at London store tell Dario timeout some champagne for me when I get in. Should be there Monday.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    If you do shop at London store tell Dario timeout some champagne for me when I get in. Should be there Monday.

Ill be in london on monday with my better half. Champagne at lunchtime?
    Sounds like loads of us heading to TF on Monday :))
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sounds like loads of us heading to TF on Monday :))

I know I am, still haven't picked up my purchases!!! Heading there for 5ish
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Was in there again today, to pick up my Sölden blouson.
    Unfortunately, I dithered last week with the Polo and now, none of the the TF stockists in London have it in my size! :#
    Is it a group meeting at TF on Monday then? :))