Budget Bond Collectors Resource

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'll have a look, I'm killing time unwell in bed today.

That's how IA got started! :o

Good time to work on your review article. Feel better!
    I'm bondathoning, I've picked something up from a Risotto I had yesterday for Lunch.

So the Risotto was more of a ...Risico?

I'll see myself out.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

That's how IA got started! :o

Good time to work on your review article. Feel better!
    I'm bondathoning, I've picked something up from a Risotto I had yesterday for Lunch.

So the Risotto was more of a ...Risico?

I'll see myself out.
    Very good yes, it's only the second time I've been to Jamie 's Italian, first time service was awful, and now this...
    I'll not be going back.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • angelicbondangelicbond Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Happy Hallowe'en everyone! I was at a Hallowe'en party last night and there was really only one costume I could wear this year - the Spectre PTS Bone Daddy costume:-) I picked this version up on eBay for around £30 (including the hat) . As you can see I went for the cane and the top hat, but not the mask. The simple reason for this is that while the mask is very cool I was going to a party and I
    would've worn it for the first 30 seconds and then taken it off for the rest of the night to eat and drink so I felt that £30 pricetag was not worth it for the 30 seconds :-) instead I went with face paint like the rest of the revellers in the parade.

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg
    Instagram: mybudgetbond
    Twitter: @mybudgetbond1
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    edited October 2016
    Happy Halloween to you as well! Looks great! I think we got the same costume. I did go for the one including the (rather bland looking) mask which I then hand-painted with a black marker to look more like Bond's.

Early on with yet un-painted mask, also missing gloves and cane:

James_Bones.jpg

Later on, with my Bond girl:

halloween.jpg

The missing tooth in the mask actually allowed for drinking through a straw :007). But to be more sociable I later put the mask on the hat instead of my face.
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
    @Ornithologist Yes I think we did get the same costume!:) Looks great! And great idea about the missing tooth. I was drinking Martinis last night, so that may not have been the healthiest for me;)
    You both look brilliant -{ -{
    Thanks @ChrisCoop!
  • Jameskenpo71Jameskenpo71 Great BritainPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    IMG_20161031_184710.jpg
    s
    IMG_20161031_184647.jpg
    Happy Halloween everyone! My version !
    :) :)
  • Jameskenpo71Jameskenpo71 Great BritainPosts: 35MI6 Agent
    IMG_20161031_184710.jpg

IMG_20161031_184710.jpg
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    These are outstanding! Great effort everyone. Is this look the Baron Samedi replacement???

Happy Halloween.
    Murder | Employment.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Great costumes guys! All cool if I post in the Gallery on the site?

I have to say, I'm a little surprised no one went with "Japanese Connery" look ....
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Great job Jameskenpo71! Looks like you've got Oddjob's hat there.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Great job Jameskenpo71! Looks like you've got Oddjob's hat there.
    Matt I'm shocked :o wasn't Oddjob's hat a flat crown bowler? Jameskenpo71's hat looks more like a deadman top hat.... Which is quite fitting for that outfit :D
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Everybody's costumes look amazing! I'm super jealous. Great work guys {[]
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Post update! Re-wrote the TF SPECTRE Mexico City suit post with all new alternatives:

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/2016/01/29/spectre-tom-ford-prince-of-wales-suit/

I think I've found some good ones!!
    I see mason and sons have a pretty big range of John smedley shawl collar cardigans on their site, including grey and black, though at £275 I'd say more investment than budget.
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    edited November 2016
    My urban outfitters QoS Cardigan was delivered today.

Can't stress enough the importance of sizing down!

I am 6'2",210, and almost invariably wear a 44L or 46R in suit jackets - or an XL in Royale film wear jackets.

I ORDERED A MEDIUM IN THE UO CARDIGAN - AND IT FITS!! :)) :)) :))

So size down gents!
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    Also received the Cyrillus Spectre turtleneck in an XL and wish I had ordered the Large.

Great sweater but very bulky.
    Thanks for that feedback Obi Sean Kenobi! I'm a medium (38R) regular fit and a large (40R) slim fit. I ordered a small UO Cardigan (no XS available). It should be here any day, so fingers crossed. If not, into a hot dryer it goes!

As for the Cyrillus, so much for it looking like a trim fit! I'll update the post to include your feedback, if that's cool with you.

Chriscoop: that Patterson is a beauty. Shame it doesn't have the rib knit. Oh, and the price!
    canoe2 wrote:
    Chriscoop: that Patterson is a beauty. Shame it doesn't have the rib knit. Oh, and the price!
    It was the grey that caught my eye as a DC crosses the street alternative, but there are loads of more budget options, nice sweater though
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 584MI6 Agent
    My urban outfitters QoS Cardigan was delivered today.

Can't stress enough the importance of sizing down!

I am 6'2",210, and almost invariably wear a 44L or 46R in suit jackets - or an XL in Royale film wear jackets.

I ORDERED A MEDIUM IN THE UO CARDIGAN - AND IT FITS!! :)) :)) :))

So size down gents!

That's a shame because in that case even a small would probably be too big for me. From the looks it did look like the best non-replica model we've seen in a long time.
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Shame that shipping is so high too, $30 to the UK for a $51.75 cardigan :(
    Murder | Employment.
    Just got my UO cardigan in today. And I was right to go with the small. It's still a little big in the shoulders, but it's a good fit everywhere else. I think an XS (if it was available) would have been too short in the body. Quality is decent; nothing to celebrate but it doesn't look like it will fall apart after the first wearing. Obviously, the rib knit is a little chunkier than the TF so it doesn't look as refined. But for under $60 I'm happy. I also have that Perry Ellis one coming and I'll do a comparison.
    canoe2 wrote:
    Just got my UO cardigan in today. And I was right to go with the small. It's still a little big in the shoulders, but it's a good fit everywhere else. I think an XS (if it was available) would have been too short in the body. Quality is decent; nothing to celebrate but it doesn't look like it will fall apart after the first wearing. Obviously, the rib knit is a little chunkier than the TF so it doesn't look as refined. But for under $60 I'm happy. I also have that Perry Ellis one coming and I'll do a comparison.

Sounds good. If you could post the dimensions it would help greatly.

My local UO isn't carrying the sweater at this time
    Sounds good. If you could post the dimensions it would help greatly.

My local UO isn't carrying the sweater at this time

You got it! All measurements taken with a size small cardigan buttoned up and laying flat.

Shoulders: seam to seam across back: 19"
    Chest: pit to pit across front: 23"
    Sleeve: top of shoulder seam to bottom of cuff: 25"
    Length: collar seam to bottom of hem: 25"

Here's a pic of it on my size 40 mannequin:

UO-Cardigan.jpg

I would say the size small fits like a big medium or a small large.
    Thanks, much appreciated. {[]

So for me the sleeves are too short but everything else is fine. :#
    Thanks, much appreciated. {[]

So for me the sleeves are too short but everything else is fine. :#

I don't know if I would worry about the sleeves too much. Because of the relative width of the shoulders, the seam overhangs my shoulder by about 1/1.5 inches. This effectively makes the sleeves between 26" or 27". Obviuously I don't know your size, but I have wider shoulders/longer arms for my height (+4 ape index). And I could probably turn back the cuffs and it wouldn't look weird.
    I am quite tall and slim but with broad shoulders. With 19" shoulders I would need 26" sleeves.

Still, I might still try the sweater out. I could easily return it. Tomorrow is supposed to be 75° here, so hardly sweater weather.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    Holy cardigan madness, Batman! This could be one very easy and classy Halloween costume.

You all have me in cardigan fever so I saw a CHAPS alternate at Kohls which comes in 2 colors, both of which can work.... it's $45 but can be knocked down to $30.50 during their monthly 30% off sale:

Oh, and no pockets

[url]
    http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2528156/mens-chaps-classic-fit-shawl-collar-cardigan.jsp?color=College Navy[/url]

The gray Esquire cardigan......
    2528156_Steel_Heather?wid=500&hei=500&op_sharpen=1

2528156_College_Navy?wid=500&hei=500&op_sharpen=1
    Yes. Consssssiderably.