Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    To each his own, but I think the chase across the rooftops of Sienna and the fight in the bell tower in QOS is one of the best action scenes in any of the Bond films.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    Watching this page explode, you can see why the tabloids run with these absolute non-stories. :))

So you think it's an 'absolute non-story'...?
    YNWA 97
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Watching this page explode, you can see why the tabloids run with these absolute non-stories. :))

There is literally no new information confirmed in that story that wasn't in this story from April: http://pagesix.com/2017/04/03/daniel-craig-ready-for-more-007-after-slash-my-wrist-diss/

It's a game of telephone. The Mirror (THE MIRROR!) says Babs "has secured" Craig, lists no source, and by nightfall headlines are saying "It's official" that "he's signed", and every other site has to run the same story to keep up with the Joneses. But can anyone source this? At all?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Whens Lucky Logan out? Hopefully that leads to the press interviewing DC and asking "other stuff"
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Sir Miles wrote:

There is literally no new information confirmed in that story that wasn't in this story from April: http://pagesix.com/2017/04/03/daniel-craig-ready-for-more-007-after-slash-my-wrist-diss/

It's a game of telephone. The Mirror (THE MIRROR!) says Babs "has secured" Craig, lists no source, and by nightfall headlines are saying "It's official" that "he's signed", and every other site has to run the same story to keep up with the Joneses. But can anyone source this? At all?

The Page Six stuff went into Hiddleston territory...does this story do the same..?...I'm asking as I don't recall...and Craig was already 'signed on' for a 5th...that wasn't the issue...perhaps that 'issue' has been cleared...?...
    YNWA 97
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Perhaps we'll get an answer on Craig prior to the Logan Lucky press tour. We all know he hates doing press, and my guess is he won't want to answer endless questions about his future as Bond while promoting the film.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Perhaps we'll get an answer on Craig prior to the Logan Lucky press tour. We all know he hates doing press, and my guess is he won't want to answer endless questions about his future as Bond while promoting the film.

Yeah I bet you he is dreading the Logan Lucky press junkets :)) Will make for some solid Craig narkiness though :))
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    This is getting ridiculous...listening to my local radio here in Aus on the way to work this morning and even they're talking about how DC has changed his mind and is back for another Bond as well as Adele doing the song 8-) One trash tabloid "newspaper" writes something and it spirals worldwide.
  • DrydenDryden UKPosts: 131MI6 Agent
    If Nolan really is a fan of Bond like he and everyone says (apparently he loves OHMSS), then there's a chance that money wouldn't be a problem. My only problem is that personally, I think he's wildly overrated - and action scenes are not his forte.

The problem with many directors is that a lot of big names also get a lot of creative control - as we've seen with Mendes and Forster. Wheras Mendes did brilliantly, when Forster was brought in, he brought a style that didn't fit Bond, and didn't fit the fact that QoS is the first true Bond sequel (as in, it relates heavily to a previous film).

Just watch Inception - the whole film's brilliant but the scene in the snow will leave you in no doubt as to Nolan's appreciation of OHMSS. For me Nolan would be my No 1 choice; maybe not worth any amount of money but almost.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:

Yeah I bet you he is dreading the Logan Lucky press junkets :)) Will make for some solid Craig narkiness though :))
    I can imagine DC not doing too many press interviews for Lucky Logan and any he does do I'd expect the interviewers will be prepped not to ask about bond, not only will it make Dc awkward but it would derail the Lucky Logan promo.
    If Craig is continuing then I think we will be seeing more stories of a different tone soon if the Mirror has just published more bs then this will just fizzle out and fade.
    In any event Dc isn't back as he never went away..... I wish these people would get that right!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    JTM wrote:
    One trash tabloid "newspaper" writes something and it spirals worldwide.

But what if it's true?
    YNWA 97
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    If it's true I'd just be very confused on how The Mirror got the exclusive scoop on such big news.
    edited July 2017
    JTM wrote:
    If it's true I'd just be very confused on how The Mirror got the exclusive scoop on such big news.

Well maybe they were the only paper who were prepared to pay for the story?
    What could be quite telling is the mention of Rachel Weisz giving her blessing.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    One trash tabloid "newspaper" writes something and it spirals worldwide.

But what if it's true?

I am just waiting for Breitbart or Fox News and the National Enquirer to confirm this - wait they are busy pulling other stories out of their arses :D

As for what I know, it IS true btw.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    [yawn]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited July 2017
    Don't you love your NE, Loeffs? :v

Anyhow btt, I really wonder, what was behind Craig's comment after SP, that he'd "rather slash his wrists...."

I mean, you'd think that he wouldn't make such a comment just a la main?

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think Craig explained it very well himself. "If you're running a maraton and someone asks you if you want to run another when you've only got a hundred yards left, what would you say?"

He was simply tired after filming SPECTRE.
    Still cant believe press still using the wrist slash thing :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Eddie Izzard would've said " Bring on the next one !" ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Number24 wrote:
    I think Craig explained it very well himself. "If you're running a maraton and someone asks you if you want to run another when you've only got a hundred yards left, what would you say?"

If he said that to his mates - I would accept that.

But promoting a movie and dropping that line would be a main blooper or something else was playing up behind the lines imo.

Well when it's put in context of the hundreds of interviews these guys do day after day and the general poor quality of the interviewers with their lightweight nonsensical diatribe in not surprised. he was asked if he would want to shoot another bond movie straight away..... He said he'd rather slash his wrists he went on to say he was done with bond FOR THE MOMENT. He also explained how he needed time with his family and his life. Compared to some actors who have walked out of interviews and erupted in swearing and stropping ( Downey jnr, meg Ryan etc Tom Hardy has been known to shut down interviews also) dc is guilty of being overly honest and maybe naive to his statements being wildly misquoted. To my mind the press have run with misinformation and made a while Dc has quit story from nothing more than a misquote.... Unless I missed his statement saying he'd quit the role?
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

If he said that to his mates - I would accept that.

But promoting a movie and dropping that line would be a main blooper or something else was playing up behind the lines imo.

We cannot dismiss it as noise it was at best clumsy and I'll judged. It may not be how he feels now, but I believe it was at the time. His interactions with the press have often been tense. I have no real data just a sense that both he and Waltz were not thrilled with Spectre (very lacklustre press junkets)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Are you surprised these press junkets go wrong and someone like dc loses his temper a bit? There is quite a famous one during the Spectre promo which went a bit like
    " So Daniel, you have a new Bond film out how was it? "
    Dc " what to film or? "
    "well yes to film? "
    Dc " its hard work but we have an amazing team, this one has been a particularly long shoot but we've had fun while doing it "
    " but you don't take your top off in this one "
    Dc "?? I didn't what?"
    "take your shirt off, where the topless scene or the little shorts?"
    Dc "my tops off in the title sequence if that's what interests you"
    "can you just give me the famous Daniel Craig pout?"
    Dc " the what? "
    " your pout, just do it for me "
    Dc " I don't pout, that's just how my mouth is "
    " come on you know the famous pout ( woman does a pout) that one "
    Dc " I don't do that, look do you want to ask me anything about the film? "
    " I want you to pout! "
    Dc " let's just leave this here shall we"

Had I have been dc I'd have been tempted to say I'll take my top off now if you do it first!
    If that all was true, I am pretty sure that Craig would have corrected that statement in the following days.
    If not by his own choice - he'd done it under the pressure of EON.

I still have the feeling that there was a reason for that statement and of course am curious what it was.

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Sick of all this negativity and skepticism. It's like everyone thinks they work in the film industry!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Look, there's no sense making excuses for Craig. The statement was inappropriate and, although I don't blame him If he wasn't thrilled with Spectre, it's not the way to conduct a press tour when you're being paid millions to front a storied film franchise.

Ultimately, I think he said it because he felt that way at the time. I believe, as has been confirmed on this very site, that Craig tendered his notice when Spectre finished up. Obviously he's changed his mind, and that's fine. I have no problem with him returning. I just hope that it was a fantastic script rather than a fantastic paycheck and caused him to return. I suppose only time will tell.
    Just in case that someone missed it:

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

But what if it's true?

As for what I know, it IS true btw.

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    as has been confirmed on this very site, that Craig tendered his notice when Spectre finished up.

I'm sorry, but how was this ever confirmed? Where was the proof ever? How is it any different from this recent mirror article by that logic?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    I thought the guys in the know here said Hiddlestone was the next Bond!!!
    The guys in the know better said that Craig never left :v

This discussion has been closed.