Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    So the first official news from Wilson and Broccoli is that they're producing ANOTHER spy film? This doesn't bode well for Bond.

I'm pretty sure they are capacle of multi tasking. Producers regularly have more than one film on the go at the same time.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    So the first official news from Wilson and Broccoli is that they're producing ANOTHER spy film? This doesn't bode well for Bond.

I'm pretty sure they are capacle of multi tasking. Producers regularly have more than one film on the go at the same time.
    I'm aware of that, have they done it during production of a Bond film before?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

The Bond producers never seemed like they could do more than one film at a time. BB has been working on a non-Bond film now and has said she isn't concerned about a Bond film at the moment.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

I'm aware of that, have they done it during production of a Bond film before?

I honestly have no idea if they've done it before. But things are obviously changing at EON. And maybe branching out into producing other films is part of that strategy. They've had quite a bit of success under the Babs/Michael leadership and I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to use that track record to diversify a little. Especially considering ongoing problems with distributors, as has been mentioned. And this new film seems to be right in their wheelhouse. Just because they haven't done it before doesn't mean they won't try it now. All speculation of course {[]
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Or is it a cover-up for the filming of the James Bond movie?

Seriously?
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Eon (Wilson & Broccoli) are apparently to produce another spy movie, with a female lead:
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/blake-lively-assassin-rhythm-section-movie-adaptation-1202493773/
    This story does not fill me with hope for an early Bond film.
    phew!, for a moment I assumed they were finally making a Jinx film
    has anybody read these “Stephanie Patrick” books this new film will be based on?
    I think the plans of a Jinx franchise were burried years ago.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

I'm with David on this.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Eon (Wilson & Broccoli) are apparently to produce another spy movie, with a female lead:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/blake-lively-assassin-rhythm-section-movie-adaptation-1202493773/

I'm fed up with this crap now. What the hell is wrong with Eon lately?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:

I'm with David on this.

Why would you even want to cover up filming? ?:)
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with Eon lately?

Lack of Cubby.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Lack of Cubby.

:# {[]
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

I'm fed up with this crap now. What the hell is wrong with Eon lately?

It feels like we got more chance of EON - the energy company that supplies gas/electricity to the UK - making a Bond film. :p
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    superado wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Lack of Cubby.

:# {[]

^ +1 :(
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Why on earth would they cast Blake Lively in that? She's a terrible actress! The story sounds like crap anyway. "They murderede my parents!" How original! :)) Probably b/c of the success of Wonder Woman, they are now jumping on the bandwagon. I realized while watching a number of the old Bond films recently, that I enjoy them much more than any of the new ones...
    edited July 2017
    "Jumping on the bandwagon"? "The Rythm Section" isn't a superhero movie, Wonder Woman has no murdered parents and isn't a spy movie. Hopefully an action movie with a female lead is a too large "genere" to be called a bandwagon? And Blake Lively is good in "The Shallows and she got a role in a Woddy Allen-movie, so I'd call her a decent actress.
    edited July 2017
    That being said, I'm really getting impatient for Bond25. They have to know who's directing it by now!?
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    That being said, I'm really getting impatient for Bond25. They have to know who's directing it by now!?

It seems like we're heading for another 6 year gap, only this time there isn't even a good reason for the gap, at least the 89-95 gap had legitimate reasons.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

It seems like we're heading for another 6 year gap, only this time there isn't even a good reason for the gap, at least the 89-95 gap had legitimate reasons.

If it does turn out to be a six year gap even Hiddleston might be pushing it to start out as Bond.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I think a four year gap is probably the maximum. That would still equate to three Bond films in the decade, which I think is the new norm.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Though I would say another 6 year gap seems unlikely. It's now two or so years after SP and still really no substantial or official news regarding B25 so it makes a 6 year gap seem quite plausible. Especially since everyone from EON to Craig don't seem to be itching to making another Bond anytime soon.
    I hope EON just got sick and tired of the leaks around the last few movies and want to make public some of the basic information in one go (press conferance?). I'm thinking of the name of the director, DoP, composer, lead actor, the release date and perhaps even the title.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    EON is a privately held company and can play things close to the vest.

But MGM Holdings Inc is a publicly traded company and if deals of material importance to the stock price were made, especially a distribution deal for Bond 25, they would have to be publicly reported.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    There is a good possibility that if they don't get a "wiggle" on with Bond 25, I might have to watch it in the Grand Theatre in the Sky.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Both Craig and Hiddleston have new films being released in August. Whether it is Craig returning or Hiddleston putting on the tux IMO there won't be any official announcement until either are done promoting their respective films. I would guess we will get something official in the fall (unless we are looking at a fall 2019 release date :( ). The press conferences and promo interviews will be interesting, especially for Craig who will be no doubt asked about Bond. For Hiddleston it will be relatively easy...he will just politely lie that he has not been approached but it would certainly be an honor if he was. For Craig, who runs hot and cold with the press it could get a bit thornier. I would think however, if Craig was returning for Bond 25, EON's and his PR people will have him prepared with some sort of evasive response. We'll see soon enough.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I too am hoping for some announcement this fall for an '18 release - that would seem to be in line with recent practice.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    According to Ross King on Lorraine show just now, DC is doing 25 and anoncment and filming later this year for 2018 release?? Have to say King is usually spot on oh and Cara Delavign or whatever she's called possibly Bond girl!!!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    According to Ross King on Lorraine show just now, DC is doing 25 and anoncment and filming later this year for 2018 release?? Have to say King is usually spot on oh and Cara Delavign or whatever she's called possibly Bond girl!!!

I hope the first bit is correct and the second bit incorrect.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Same!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    A must watch for consideration of who will play James Bond...seems Craig is really vying for the role! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSxBSP8EqM
This discussion has been closed.