Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A must watch for consideration of who will play James Bond...seems Craig is really vying for the role! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSxBSP8EqM
    :)) :)) :))
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    A must watch for consideration of who will play James Bond...seems Craig is really vying for the role! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZSxBSP8EqM
    Hilarious!
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    According to Ross King on Lorraine show just now, DC is doing 25 and anoncment and filming later this year for 2018 release?? Have to say King is usually spot on oh and Cara Delavign or whatever she's called possibly Bond girl!!!
    here's the link.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/daniel-craig-coming-back-one-10837313
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Well that was a whole lot of nothing!

If Craig is back, maybe we don't make the Bond Girls even younger?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

They need to be at least Monica Bellucci's age. It's hard to believe that she's a few years older than he is!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

They need to be at least Monica Bellucci's age. It's hard to believe that she's a few years older than he is!
    Monica Belucci is stunning. I think Cara Delavigne is way too young at 24!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Monica Belucci is stunning. I think Cara Delavigne is way too young at 24!

Agreed. She could be his daughter! I thought Lea Seydoux was stretching it.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I don't get the criticism of age gaps. Loads of women go for older men. It's quite believable.

FYI there were 33 years age difference between my parents.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    In which scene did she do that ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

YES!!! That was great!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    It's now beyond all doubt that Craig is doing one more. Enjoy it while you can, it'll all go downhill rapidly after this one if things go the way they seem to be.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    In which scene did she do that ? ;)
    :))
    In fairness sir Roger was a good 23-24 years older than Jane Seymour.
    I suppose it's down to personal sensibilities about such things. A lot of women are attracted to older men and age is becoming less and less of an issue or a definitive of who we are. For me if have no problem with Bond and a woman from 30 upwards. For me a anything more than a 20 year age gap just isn't tenable for Bond. Anyway there are plenty of actresses out there, is it necessary for eon to cast young actresses to attract a certain audience demographic?
    edited July 2017
    Asp9mm wrote:
    It's now beyond all doubt that Craig is doing one more. Enjoy it while you can, it'll all go downhill rapidly after this one if things go the way they seem to be.

This sounds rather ominous... are we talking about another reboot, or is it something worse? ?:) My worst case scenario iis that they'll bow down to the crowd of so-called "progressives" clamoring for non-traditional casting of Bond. It's basically finished if they go that route.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just to add to the mix (why not, right) I have heard that a Craig announcement will be coming beginning of August tied to a distribution company announcement.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    If the rumblings are correct, then Babs and Mikey want a one picture deal before selling their entire rights to the Bond franchise to a major studio. Think Lucas and Disney. They've had enough.

Nolan wants a three picture deal as director. Nothing less. You can read into that what you will, but I don't think he'll be doing the next one due to Craig only doing the next film. But probably the three after that will see him in the directors chair.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    wow, interesting ! :o
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Asp9mm wrote:
    If the rumblings are correct, then Babs and Mikey want a one picture deal before selling their entire rights to the Bond franchise to a major studio. Think Lucas and Disney. They've had enough.

That doesn't surprise me. Bond wouldn't command the payday that Lucas scored, but it certainly wouldn't come at a bargain price.

No doubt some will applaud this (if it happens). But I'm not so sure it would be a positive development for the franchise.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

Nolan wants a three picture deal as director. Nothing less. You can read into that what you will, but I don't think he'll be doing the next one due to Craig only doing the next film. But probably the three after that will see him in the directors chair.

I wouldn't be surprised if the family has had enough of Bond. Bond hasn't been the same after Cubby, and I think the series is in need of some new control. But new control could be more likely to ruin it by turning James Bond into a woman. On the other hand, Disney has been great for Star Wars, so far.

Nolan doing three Bond films should be great except for Hans Zimmer. I might welcome that despite the possibility of Zimmer ruining the films.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Its a scary thought. On one hand it could be what the franchise needs, however it could easily be the death of it.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    So Like the old curse. We're living in "Interesting Times " for Bond.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Asp9mm wrote:

Yes...if Eon sells, all bets are off I suppose, and we'll see. After '34, I believe anyone will be able to try Bond out, like Sherlock Holmes and Tarzan, etc. Could well be that we're looking at the end...not of an era - it's much bigger than that.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 354MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just to add to the mix (why not, right) I have heard that a Craig announcement will be coming beginning of August tied to a distribution company announcement.
    Looking forward to this!!!Its been a long time coming for us!!!
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    My guess is that Nolan would draw heavily from Fleming and Bond would be cast accordingly. If he was given creative control, I could live with the property changing hands. I think he has the appropriate amount of respect for the character. If it's anyone else, I'd be worried.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Certainly about time for some GOOD Bond news. Great to hear!
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Whoa!!! I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves starting to theorize about EON selling out their interest in Bond. If anything, I think EON would love to see MGM be bought out of their interest in Bond by a studio with much more financial stability. Anyway, it will be interesting to see who ends up with the distribution deal. If it is Warners I could see something happening with Nolan and a three film arc with a new Bond after 25 but I think EON remains in no matter what. I believe Nolan would do the series justice and keep traditions such as the Gunbarrel walk, Bond theme and pre-title sequence. Right now I'll just be happy to get something official re Bond 25.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Do we really want anyone, even the very talented Nolan, to get a three-picture deal? That would mean one creative visjon for the series for one decade! That would dominate the public image of James Bond for a very long, especially the young cinema audience. That may be fine if you like Nolan's work (as I do), but not if you're a Bond fan and dislike Nolan.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Selling the rights is a very scary thought :(...but it could help the franchise.
    I'm not sure what to think anymore...
    a reasonable rate of return
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017

Wikipedia -
    Michael Gregg Wilson has two sons, a younger son Gregg Wilson and the older being David G. Wilson, who both work at Eon Productions.

I'd imagine his two sons would consider taking over? - or perhaps EON would consider selling the franchise but on condition MG's two sons play a key role in co-producing future Bond films. I suppose a studio would still call most of the shots but Gregg and David Wilson might be able to keep a check on things such as stopping a new studio trying to hire an American/Canadian actor as Bond.

Another key issue would be MGM selling its share. I can't imagine Disney would want to co-own Bond with MGM. Disney would want to own the entire franchise and have complete creative control.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    I'd imagine his two sons would consider taking over? - or perhaps EON would consider selling the franchise but on condition MG's two sons play a key role in co-producing future Bond films. I suppose a studio would still call most of the shots but Gregg and David Wilson might be able to keep a check on things such as stopping a new studio trying to hire an American/Canadian actor as Bond.
    Another key issue would be MGM selling its share. Unlikely to so unless there is a huge financial reward.

I have to agree. Bond is the family business and a cultural icon. Michael Wilson is 75 but Barbara is only 51. Wilson's sons are both involved in the Bond films now and I could see Michael Wilson stepping back a bit. If anything, EON may continue to expand their film production (stage also) but it's the Bond money that drives everything and Bond is what makes Barbara a major player in the industry.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    The sale part IS scary, but I would agree on Babs and Michael not really knowing what to do. Really looking forward to one last Craig outing, and really dreading a Nolan trilogy. Didn't get Batman, probably won't get Bond either. Sigh.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
This discussion has been closed.