Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    It makes sense if they are doing back to back....announcing the release date of a Bond film over two years in advance seems strange, especially when with SP everything was officially announced shortly before filming. I'm thinking this is going to be back to back filming of two films. In which case, I'm fine with that.
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    september-2017-calendars-that-work-monday-start.png
    WTF?

Announcement?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Leap year
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 354MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Leap year
    What are you guys going on about? I'm genuinely confused?
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Im guessing with Lucky Logan about to be unleashed they are going to be forced to confirm DC is still Bond or resigned, otherwise the press will just hammer the question and piss everybody off and overshadow the films release.

Also with Purvis and Wade writing I guess that rules out Nolan?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing with Lucky Logan about to be unleashed they are going to be forced to confirm DCs is going to be Bond or resigned, otherwise the press will just hammer the question and piss everybody off and overshadow the film release

Very good point.

Glad we have some news finally. Let the games begin!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    What is happening in September, please?
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Woah!
    2019?
    Well, at least films like Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Moonraker
    Licence To Kill
    The World Is Not Enough and now Bond 25 will all be released on years ending with 9.
    Neal, Purvis. Don't **** it up. Wasn't that guy who wrote SPECTRE signed on to write the next one, or did they see all of the backlash from the fans who didn't like SPECTRE and wanted to play it safe?
    Back to back? Interesting.
    Solid news...at midnight.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im guessing with Lucky Logan about to be unleashed they are going to be forced to confirm DC is still Bond or resigned, otherwise the press will just hammer the question and piss everybody off and overshadow the films release.

Also with Purvis and Wade writing I guess that rules out Nolan?

That all sounds likely to me. I highly doubt Nolan would be involved if Purvis and Wade are writing. Nolan would also unlikely to be involved if Craig is returning, which seems very likely.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Where did this back-to-back rumour start? I can't see Craig committing to that considering how miserable he was after finishing the last film.
    Matt S wrote:
    Where did this back-to-back rumour start? I can't see Craig committing to that considering how miserable he was after finishing the last film.

Post 3920
    2019?
    giphy.gif
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Post 3920

So he's trying to say they're going to announce in September that there will be two films back-to-back. Or does he just hope for that?
    No idea lol
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Leap year
    The Mantis wrote:
    Leap year
    2019?
    giphy.gif
  • OOOO United KingdomPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    2020 is a leap year. Perhaps Bond 25 in 2019 followed by Bond 26 in 2020? :s
    Hola. Somos maestros en año sabático… y nos ganamos la lotería.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    leslie-nielsen-move-along-there-is-no-need-to-worry.jpg
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Well this is an interesting development. Bit strange that they've announced it this early...I would love to know what was actually going on behind the scenes! I wonder if Craig will be back
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I'm curious as well...but finished chasing breadcrumbs for one day.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    NY Times running with a DC return
    But Mr. Craig’s return is a done deal, according to two people briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid conflicts with Eon and MGM.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    NY Times running with a DC return
    But Mr. Craig’s return is a done deal, according to two people briefed on the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid conflicts with Eon and MGM.
    I will be seriously disappointed if Craig had no knowledge of it and there never was any deal.
    Highly doubt it, but still...
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    How concrete is this "DC will be back" news?

It seems to me that he will be getting older and the gap between Spectre and Bond 25 is significantly large enough to introduce a new actor.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    If they do film back-to-back films with B25 coming out in 2019 and B26 in 2020, I'm going for the latter to be called 'Hindsight' :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The name is HIGGINS X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I think they need to seriously cut the budget of this next Bond film. Didn't Spectre cost a ridiculous $250 million? I read that Dunkirk cost only $100 million to make and that's a full blown war film.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Great that we finally have some news. But yes, 2019 is a long wait. As stated, these gaps between bond films these days is ridiculous. DC (if he returns) will become the longest running bond, but with less films than both Moore and Connery.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for The Garden Of Death!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    edited July 2017
    I think they need to seriously cut the budget of this next Bond film. Didn't Spectre cost a ridiculous $250 million? I read that Dunkirk cost only $100 million to make and that's a full blown war film.

Yup and the poor car chase cost more then the budget of UNCLE!!

I dont think they got much for their money at all with SPECTRE, I like the film but some of these locations were wasted and felt like 5 mins. They could of made DC have an adventure getting to Mr Whites cabin across the land, mountains etc instead of a 30 sec aerial shot when they had that beautiful scenery.

SPECTRE Had all the great ingredients / elements, snow, deserts, cities but none of them made me want to be there if that makes sense. The OHMSS trailer had me buzzing - it looked kind of perfect.

I Pray to god Mendes is not involved again, appreciate whats he has done but I think he blew it on SPECTRE and he should have delivered more
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    It's bizarre that after so long without any news that I find the news we do have as just adding to the frustration. I'm still hoping for a new actor, a new story and some fresh thinking.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yup and the poor car chase cost more then the budget of UNCLE!!

I dont think they got much for their money at all with SPECTRE, I like the film but some of these locations were wasted and felt like 5 mins. They could of made DC have an adventure getting to Mr Whites cabin across the land, mountains etc instead of a 30 sec aerial shot when they had that beautiful scenery.

SPECTRE Had all the great ingredients / elements, snow, deserts, cities but none of them made me want to be there if that makes sense. The OHMSS trailer had me buzzing - it looked kind of perfect.

I Pray to god Mendes is not involved again, appreciate whats he has done but I think he blew it on SPECTRE and he should have delivered more

I think we've agreed on these points before, Mendes has done DC's no favours other than box office returns. The Rome car chase would have been better with an Arnold score and dropping that phonecall to moneypenny. And Austria was completely wasted, for what they put in the final cut they could have filmed it all on set and saved money. Going on location is a bond tradition but usually we get a proper taste of the Location. The Blofeld lair explosion may have broken records but cinematically would have lost nothing as cgi.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
This discussion has been closed.