Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I think Hiddleston is probably getting paid a nice chunk of $$$ to sit tight and come into the game if needed. There is of course a history of this in the Bond franchise with DAF and John Gavin. It is interesting that on IMDb Hiddleston's schedule is still very open through 2018.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I think Hiddleston is probably getting paid a nice chunk of $$$ to sit tight and come into the game if needed. There is of course a history of this in the Bond franchise with DAF and John Gavin. It is interesting that on IMDb Hiddleston's schedule is still very open through 2018.

Agreed. The numbers are so vast and the stakes so high that a robust 'Plan B' is likely. Whether that plan is Hiddleston or someone else I have no idea although some here might. :007)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    A couple million to Hiddleston or whomever to sit tight is just a small investment for EON in the big picture. In the meantime Hiddleston was still free to pick up paydays for the next Thor film and an appearance in the next Avengers along with doing a voice in an animated film (which is easy money). Regarding Craig, in the mind of the public he is Bond. One of the bizarrely brilliant moments in Bond film history was the shot of Craig emerging from the surf ala Ursula Andress in DN. At that moment, the audience forgot he was too short, blond and craggy. All the women wanted to be with him and all the men wanted to be him.....the magic Bond formula. It appears to be pretty obvious that EON, MGM and their potential distribution partners strongly believe that Craig's name above a Bond film has huge cache. If the advance word is true about Logan Lucky with Craig stealing the show and the film positioned to be a big late summer hit it can only help Bond 25. I think we are going to know soon where this is all going. Then we have two years to agonize about the film itself :) -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    ^^^ Yes indeed {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Yep, well said. -{ -{
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Maybe it has been mentioned, but has anybody noticed Turner's resemblance to Hoagy Carmichel? Ian Fleming himself would be happy with him. I can't really see Hiddleston or Hardy. Only Fassbender or Turner.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    It's being widely reported that Daniel Craig has signed up for two more Bonds:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1a07d7ca-cc0e-3dac-97fd-7a18c993c405/ss_daniel-craig-has-reportedly.html
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:
    It's being widely reported that Daniel Craig has signed up for two more Bonds:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1a07d7ca-cc0e-3dac-97fd-7a18c993c405/ss_daniel-craig-has-reportedly.html

This is all coming from the disreputable source, The Sun.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    This week is it revealed Daniel Craig signs up for two more Bond films!

Next week it will be revealed Daniel Craig hasn't decided if he is coming back to the role!

A source told the Sun,
    "Daniel is notorious for changing his mind. You should watch him go shopping. He takes ages to decide if he wants ketchup or HP sauce and when he leaves the store he hasn't bought anything."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:

Next week it will be revealed Daniel Craig hasn't decided if he is coming back to the role!

A source told the Sun,
    "Daniel is notorious for changing his mind. You should watch him go shopping. He takes ages to decide if he wants ketchup or HP sauce and when he leaves the store he hasn't bought anything."

That source is unreliable!
    DC likes Daddy's brown sauce.
    20170808_123906.jpg

20170808_123737.jpg

20170808_123806.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

A source told the Sun,

20170808_123906.jpg

20170808_123737.jpg

20170808_123806.jpg
    :)) :)) :))
    It is truly astonishing what you guys know about Craig.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

A source told the Sun,

20170808_123906.jpg

20170808_123737.jpg

20170808_123806.jpg

Now the truth can be told: Chriscoop is really Rachel Weisz
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

20170808_123906.jpg

20170808_123737.jpg

20170808_123806.jpg

That means we have been spending more time with her than Craig (presumably) does IRL.
    Rachelopp, tell us more.
    Number24 wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

20170808_123906.jpg

20170808_123737.jpg

20170808_123806.jpg

Nope! If I were she I wouldnt be here chatting you fine gents, I'd be in bed all day playing personal games with myself. ;)
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Don't know the source or if I'm posting in the correct thread, but apparently Showtime is confirming Craig is doing at least one more Bond:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/daniel-craig-s-purity-tv-mini-series-delayed-due-to-bond-25-schedule-170808
    This thread will have to be put on the back burner me thinks
    Gassy Man wrote:
    Don't know the source or if I'm posting in the correct thread, but apparently Showtime is confirming Craig is doing at least one more Bond:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/daniel-craig-s-purity-tv-mini-series-delayed-due-to-bond-25-schedule-170808

I posted the original source here yesterday: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/889325/#p889325
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Close it down. :))
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Close it down. :))

Yeah - bit premature to start a 'Bond 27' Forum -{
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    I'd say considering the rate at which the Craig era films are released, and the probability he's doing the next one (possibly 2 more), the next Bond actor's debut is a decade away.
    ToTheRight wrote:
    I'd say considering the rate at which the Craig era films are released, and the probability he's doing the next one (possibly 2 more), the next Bond actor's debut is a decade away.

If EON sell the Bond rights after the next two films, we'll be seeing a lot more Bond films and a lot sooner. Whoever purchases the rights wouldn't sit on them.
    Matt S wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:

If EON sell the Bond rights after the next two films, we'll be seeing a lot more Bond films and a lot sooner. Whoever purchases the rights wouldn't sit on them.
    I'd prefer quality over quantity but I guess we'd have to wait and see.
    edited August 2017
    Matt S wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:

I'd prefer quality over quantity but I guess we'd have to wait and see.

[Assuming the back-to-back double-picture shoot becomes a reality...] If Craig's final two are released in, say, 2019 and 2020, we could have a new Bond by '21 and another Bond *film* by '22. If Disney buys the franchise, for instance, they will surely fast-track them, as they have the financial and production infrastructure to make it happen. It certainly hasn't hurt the quality of the Star Wars films thus far, IMHO. But I agree that whoever buys Bond will want to milk that cow sooner rather than later.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    News circulating -
    Tuesday morning, Craig participated in an interview with Boston Radio program Morning Magic 106.7 where the actor stated, "I'd hate to burst the bubble, but no decision has been made at the moment. There's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment," Craig announced. "I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

Id personally love for DC to return
    But just get on with it...
    Bored bored bored
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    News circulating -
    Tuesday morning, Craig participated in an interview with Boston Radio program Morning Magic 106.7 where the actor stated, "I'd hate to burst the bubble, but no decision has been made at the moment. There's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment," Craig announced. "I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

Id personally love for DC to return
    But just get on with it...
    Bored bored bored

<YAAAAAAAAAAAWN> Stephen Colbert's show is in around 5 hours so I guess I will know tomorrow if all that fuzz was just bullcrap.
    It actually happened! Daniel Craig finally made the announcement that he is going to be James Bond again.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Yep--I just heard it: the answer is an unambiguous YES.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    YAAAAAAY!! To think I was kind of bummed earlier today with this "nothing's been decided" radio interview.
    Very cool!
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Yep--I just heard it: the answer is an unambiguous YES.

Now. Nice scoop for Colbert!
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I hope the producers announce it tomorrow with a movie title. All these rumors were crazy.

I'm not extremely happy about Daniel Craig returning but I hope he read the story and it's actually a good one to go out on. Because if it's worse than Spectre it will be a paycheck movie.
    "Better late than never."
This discussion has been closed.