Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• Marketto007Marketto007 BrazilPosts: 237MI6 Agent
    I'm so happy for this. To celebrate, I've made a little something.

UWkGKGe.png
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Great news! So I think we can now put to rest the filming back-to-back movies rumor then. Seems we're getting him back for ONE final film. Lets hope this final film makes up for Spectre and he does indeed end on a high note.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Great news! So I think we can now put to rest the filming back-to-back movies rumor then. Seems we're getting him back for ONE final film. Lets hope this final film makes up for Spectre and he does indeed end on a high note.

I think I'll wait for more information ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I hope this puts rumours of the next James Bond to bed. I can't imagine we'll see a new Bond actor until a minimum of 4 years from now, and it will likely be longer than that. It's going to be impossible to predict the next James Bond until we know Craig is done.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    Welcome Back Mr. Craig. :D
    XxvZf3Jl.jpg
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent

I think I'll wait for more information ;)

Same. This is the same guy who outright lied to people all day! Also, how can you trust someone who is wearing that heinous Omega Commander. :))
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    News circulating -
    Tuesday morning, Craig participated in an interview with Boston Radio program Morning Magic 106.7 where the actor stated, "I'd hate to burst the bubble, but no decision has been made at the moment. There's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment," Craig announced. "I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

Id personally love for DC to return
    But just get on with it...
    Bored bored bored

Woop, back on track and all within 12 hours!!!
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Not surprised. EON (BB) will do anything to get him for Bond26 too. This era will be dragged on "forever'. SP is two years old and the next one comes in two years, with the same actor.
    That means we waited total 13 years for Craig to get 5 films!!
    How this can excite anyone is beyond me.

At least now I can relax and put his era to rest because SP was that high note for me.
    I'll look forward to new exciting times in 2023 or 2025 when finally Bond will be injected with new life.
    Unless BB gets Craig again in 2023 which is a sadly quite a likely scenario.

How old is Craig again? :))
    Dalton Rulez™
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Super news as expected and DC is looking great!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,331Chief of Staff

Still younger than Connery in his last Bond (counting NSNA). Still younger than Moore in his last four (although he'll catch up to one or two of them).

One of the few things I'm still too young for is my pension, and when DC was announced for CR I never thought he'd still be Bond when I was drawing it. :#
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    This is awesome! :D Hopefully it will be really a high note, not a flop though.
    Barbel wrote:

Still younger than Connery in his last Bond (counting NSNA). Still younger than Moore in his last four (although he'll catch up to one or two of them).

One of the few things I'm still too young for is my pension, and when DC was announced for CR I never thought he'd still be Bond when I was drawing it. :#

NSNA doesn't count and Moore only looked his age in AVTAK.

Craig looked his age in SF, even older, in SP he looked well enough in most scenes but he has aged now considerably. He will not look the part anymore in 2019. EON (BB) is on the wrong track.

The missed opportunity for introducing a new needed fresh era without all that reboot baggage has been missed for playing it safe at the BO, which may backfire big time. I just hope Bond 25 will not damage the franchise.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent

Maybe one final film with parts 1 and 2 a la Harry Potter. EON better keep DC as long as they can, because he will be as tough to replace as Connery was.
    Virgil37 wrote:

Maybe one final film with parts 1 and 2 a la Harry Potter. EON better keep DC as long as they can, because he will be as tough to replace as Connery was.

I think it will be very easy to replace him. By 2023 people will be glad he's finally gone.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • BruceMurdockBruceMurdock OhioPosts: 133MI6 Agent
    The people at DCINB would be I'm sure. :))
    "No for me."
    "You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!!!"
    "I never miss..."
    "Time to face gravity!"
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Link to the announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNr9xdc6cVA

Apologies if some of us had to be a bit mum on these things other than there will be an announcement but I am sure there will be more news to come!
    Those people had a lot right when they started out. That's the irony of it all.

Having said that putting up that page back then was silly and childish.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Barbel wrote:

NSNA doesn't count and Moore only looked his age in AVTAK.

Craig looked his age in SF, even older, in SP he looked well enough in most scenes but he has aged now considerably. He will not look the part anymore in 2019. EON (BB) is on the wrong track.

The missed opportunity for introducing a new needed fresh era without all that reboot baggage has been missed for playing it safe at the BO, which may backfire big time. I just hope Bond 25 will not damage the franchise.

Moore started to look his age after MR. In FYEO, OP and AVTAK he was too old.

Connery started to look out of shape for the charatcter in YOLT. He was 36, one year younger than Craig when he made CR. And in DAF he looks positively old, and nothing like he did in his first 4.

Craig looks great in all his movies, IMO. In SF he looks worn out at the beginning because the script required it, not old.
    I'm so happy for this. To celebrate, I've made a little something.

UWkGKGe.png

Can we all use this?
    Virgil37 wrote:

I think it will be very easy to replace him. By 2023 people will be glad he's finally gone.

Same as everybody was glad in 1973 Connery was gone.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I loved the Colbert interview. We got our Bond back. Cheers all around! Can't wait to see him in one more.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Good news! -{

We won't see another Bond actor for 4-5 minimum. The "next James Bond" talk will never really go away, but I think 3-5 suggested candidates will get too old and hopefully new talent will emerge. But now I'm looking forward to a new Bond movie starring Daniel Craig.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I see he has the new Omega Commander watch on... doesn’t look good with the dark clothing
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:

Apologies if some of us had to be a bit mum on these things other than there will be an announcement but I am sure there will be more news to come!

Indeed...even if it was kinda the worst kept secret ever :))
    YNWA 97
    Yep!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:
    Yep!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

And more 'interesting' stuff to follow... :v
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Virgil37 wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

For me it depends on who is cast, if they go really young it might disconnect me from the films. DC was the Bond I most connected with as I'm only seven years younger than him at 48-50 years old could I identify with a 30 year old Bond?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    Still, four years between SP and the next is a joke. A complete travesty.

Probably the longest gap between movies with an existing Bond actor.

What have they all been doing these last two years?

Huge disrespect to the fans who create those big grosses. You know, the same ones who kept this going for half a century.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Virgil37 wrote:

For me it depends on who is cast, if they go really young it might disconnect me from the films. DC was the Bond I most connected with as I'm only seven years younger than him at 48-50 years old could I identify with a 30 year old Bond?

Good point. I'm also of Craig's generation.
    Fleming clearly put the time frame between 35ish to 42ish if I remember correctly. Next actor should not be older than 32 to 35 tops, especially if it takes endless four years every time.

I am of the Dalton/Brosnan generation at 42.
    Dalton Rulez™
This discussion has been closed.