Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I wonder what kind of odds "No Bond" (of any persuasion) would get.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    According to www.mi6-hq.com more internet hoo-ha from a site called Heatstreet with regards to Jamie Bell and Theo James having had screen tests for Bond and both failing miserably. Also, according to Heatstreet, Tom Hiddleston, Dominic Cooper and Aidan Turner are still in the running and will be meeting with producers next......what a scoop. :s
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,605Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    According to www.mi6-hq.com more internet hoo-ha from a site called Heatstreet with regards to Jamie Bell and Theo James having had screen tests for Bond and both failing miserably. Also, according to Heatstreet, Tom Hiddleston, Dominic Cooper and Aidan Turner are still in the running and will be meeting with producers next......what a scoop. :s

And at least one of those has already met with the producers :s :D
    YNWA 97
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

IMDB has Cooper at 38 years old and 5ft 9 and a bit. So tooold and too short.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Well, 38 isn't too old.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

I thought he was terrible as Ian Fleming, and I don't think he'll be any better as James Bond. He's basically the same height as Daniel Craig, so if you accepted Craig as Bond you should be able to accept Cooper. I think 38 is a fine age to start out as Bond, so long as it's not a rookie Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Cooper is a good actor but wrong for Bond. Cooper may be of similar height as Craig but he appears on screen to be much smaller. It's about much more than "accepting" a shorter actor as Bond. Same would apply to a tall actor...being 6'2" or so does not make one James Bond.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

I thought he was terrible as Ian Fleming, and I don't think he'll be any better as James Bond. He's basically the same height as Daniel Craig, so if you accepted Craig as Bond you should be able to accept Cooper. I think 38 is a fine age to start out as Bond, so long as it's not a rookie Bond.

In terms of the character I completely agree 38 or early 40''s is fine. My feeling is that it's pushing it if Eon are going to get a decent crop of films given that they take SO LONG to come to fruition and we are probably two years away from production . I always struggled to accept Daniel due to his height and appearance. However, he was just so good he made me almost forget about it. I don't think Cooper is anywhere near the quality of actor as Daniel from the little that I have seen
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I've been watching "Preacher" and Cooper is very impressive.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Well, I've put a public $5 wager on Tom with a friend on the 'James Bond Fans With Love' fan group on FB, so bragging rights are now at stake! :)) He's hoping for Matthew Goode, but I have to pay up if anyone other than Tom is cast :o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Well, I've put a public $5 wager on Tom with a friend on the 'James Bond Fans With Love' fan group on FB, so bragging rights are now at stake! :)) He's hoping for Matthew Goode, but I have to pay up if anyone other than Tom is cast :o

What if DC comes back, but Tom is still cast as the next bond in the future? Would people placing bets on Tom still win?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:

What if DC comes back, but Tom is still cast as the next bond in the future? Would people placing bets on Tom still win?

Probably not...but I've made peace with the notion that Craig is gone, and will remember his Bond with great fondness 8-) -{
    Jarvio wrote:

Probably not...but I've made peace with the notion that Craig is gone, and will remember his Bond with great fondness 8-) -{

Maybe DC is coming back, and the bookies are doing all this betting stuff for the next bond on purpose, to take everyone's money ;)
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

Jarvio wrote:

Yes, they would win...the betting is 'next Bond after DC'...
    YNWA 97
    DC is reported to have two projects currently in pre-production (Purity mini-series and a film, Logan Lucky) but when filming will begin on either is murky at this point. Given the current three year Bond cycle, shooting would begin on Bond 25 around March 2018 for a November 2018 release so it is possible that Craig could be available. Logan Lucky appears to be an ensemble piece so DC's scenes could be more limited which might mean a shorter shoot time for his part. All this being said, Craig will be working with the notoriously difficult Katherine Heigl on Logan Lucky and after that ordeal he may want to retire much less do another :s :)) Bond film
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    More rumors on actors auditioning coming in through the media:

https://heatst.com/entertainment/exclusive-james-bond-auditions-have-started-and-2-actors-have-already-been-nixed-as-007/

I do wonder how the media come up with these supposed 'sources'. Seems a bit impossible to know without EON officially stating nay of this. Still though, it's intresting to read what the word is this time...

Any of you guys buy into this?
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

https://heatst.com/entertainment/exclusive-james-bond-auditions-have-started-and-2-actors-have-already-been-nixed-as-007/

I do wonder how the media come up with these supposed 'sources'. Seems a bit impossible to know without EON officially stating nay of this. Still though, it's intresting to read what the word is this time...

IMO it's a deliberate, controlled 'slow leak' of information from someone in the know, mixing real intel with red herrings, as this info re: Tom is probably two months old at least? Hopefull this means that an actual announcement is getting nearer.
    It would not surprise me if Hiddleston had been tested a couple months ago.....same with Aiden Turner.
    HowardB wrote:
    It would not surprise me if Hiddleston had been tested a couple months ago.....same with Aiden Turner.

Hiddleston was - by Mendes...
    YNWA 97

No...these 'journalists' need to fill space up with 'something'...Bond 'news' is always good for click-bait...
    YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,250MI6 Agent
    After my walk on the beach this morning I slipped into Coco Loco's bar for a Long Island Iced Tea and started talking to a man who assured me that DC was signing for two more films and that in the next one Blofeld would escape from prison and set up an old fashioned YOLT/DAF movie style plot and the following one would result in Blofeld's death loosely based on the YOLT novel. Apparently he is involved with Eon. You heard it here first :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You simply can't get any more solid, reliable evidence than that. Case closed ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Well he did look like Sam Mendes...or was it Michael G Wilson....come to think of it he looked very much like DC himself :))
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    After my walk on the beach this morning I slipped into Coco Loco's bar for a Long Island Iced Tea and started talking to a man who assured me that DC was signing for two more films and that in the next one Blofeld would escape from prison and set up an old fashioned YOLT/DAF movie style plot and the following one would result in Blofeld's death loosely based on the YOLT novel. Apparently he is involved with Eon. You heard it here first :D

Why do I never run into people like that! :))
    This is exactly what i'm hoping the most for though!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Tbh that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Blofeld's death in The Garden Of Death would be such an epic finale to DC's era. Fingers crossed... but may be dreaming here, as some people here are convinced that DC is gone and TH will have the role

When I run into people like that at some point our conversation is usually interupted by someone in a white coat asking them to come quietly so they don't have to use the straightjacket. :)) -{
    He was at the bar when I ordered my drink and he then said "another Martini, please" to the barman which is when I said "Shaken not stirred, of course!" We got chatting about Bond, he is a definite fan as knew lots about the movies, then said the aforementioned statement. He was a perfectly nice chap, probably having a bit of a laugh as one does on holiday, but myself secretly hoping that even if it's only a 0.000001% chance of him being the genuine article then it's true! -{
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Theo James was auditioned! Even his mother asked "who's Theo James?"

:D
  • ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    Don't think 'swiftgate' would affect Hiddlestons chances of Bond too much. With 24 hour news Eon kind of need an actor who has more of a presence in that world than Craig who actively shuns it.
    Shadowfall wrote:
    Don't think 'swiftgate' would affect Hiddlestons chances of Bond too much. With 24 hour news Eon kind of need an actor who has more of a presence in that world than Craig who actively shuns it.

Well, if you believe---as I and others here do---that Tom was actually cast sometime ago, it seems highly unlikely that Barbara would summon him to her office and say: "WHAT!?! You're dating Taylor Swift!? You're fired!" and then tear up his contract :))
This discussion has been closed.