Hope you Gents across the Pond are all ok!

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,588Chief of Staff
    "Dirty, Dirty, Boy !" :))

Sorry - did someone call me ? B-)
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Just received a very clever email/catalogue from rare book dealers Asher Rare Books:

"After the hangover of the Brexit other countries might follow: Departugal, Italeave, Czechout, Outria, Finish, Latervia, Goatia, Bailgium and Nethermind. Greece and Remainia, however, will almost certainly stay."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) very good. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I think whoever becomes the new pm should make it compulsory for every high St in the land to have a Hooters bar, it's a great policy, provides extra jobs for women (there always banging on about women in the work place) I'm sure it would be popular with men and it shows unity with our American cousins
    Why does America always have to be stereotyped this way??? Nowadays, around the world, America is always the butt of the joke. 8-)
    "Never let them see you bleed."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    In general I think Obi Sean Kenobi has his answer from his original post (though I'm guessing he wished he'd never asked) things here are incredibly normal, ajbers engaging in inflammatory arguments, sarcasm, wit, some smut, some smugness and one or two withdrawls :o, some fantastic humour, some remarkable humourlessness and some distinct stubbornness ... Yup nothings changed at all -{

Not enough smut, frankly. We need more smut!!!
    I think more smut can be arranged, I'll give some thought while I'm at Hooters looking at a fine collection of jugs.
    My local Hooters has a very commendable collection of Toby jugs, I can highly recommend it.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I've always been upset that they never issued a Toby jug of Toby Stephens, to be honest.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I think whoever becomes the new pm should make it compulsory for every high St in the land to have a Hooters bar, it's a great policy, provides extra jobs for women (there always banging on about women in the work place) I'm sure it would be popular with men and it shows unity with our American cousins
    Why does America always have to be stereotyped this way??? Nowadays, around the world, America is always the butt of the joke. 8-)
    Hooters is no laughing matter, we've got a McDonald's on every street corner already and as you may become a much valued trading partner we should all share in some more great American institutions. :)

no offence is meant or implied by this post, the author is a fan of America and embraces closer unity based on a typical Apr of
    4.8% terms and conditions apply a guarantor may be asked for. Chriscoop is regulated by Mrs Coop and moderated by barbs and miley.
    I've always been upset that they never issued a Toby jug of Toby Stephens, to be honest.
    :)) now that would be a fine looking jug if not a slightly over acting one
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) now that would be a fine looking jug if not a slightly over acting one

I wonder if it would come on an invisible base?
    It might, it would certainly be made in North Korea though
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Hooters is no laughing matter, we've got a McDonald's on every street corner already and as you may become a much valued trading partner we should all share in some more great American institutions. :)

no offence is meant or implied by this post, the author is a fan of America and embraces closer unity based on a typical Apr of
    4.8% terms and conditions apply a guarantor may be asked for. Chriscoop is regulated by Mrs Coop and moderated by barbs and miley.
    No offence taken, you tea drinkin' brit!
    "Never let them see you bleed."
    Chriscoop wrote:

No offence taken, you tea drinkin' brit!
    :) {[] pleased to hear that
    Wonderful to hear, I knew by burning those incense sticks against my crystals would help.
    You can't argue with science. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    How totally marvellous, fabulous and stupendous.
    I like to think my balls if used correctly could bring world peace,
    crystal balls obviously. ;)
    Obviously tp, after all you would never use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut after all :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I can't get keep up with all this ..

I have an image in my head of David Cameron and Boris Johnson sitting on a bench together wondering were it all went wrong.

All very Shakespearian. The Goves are proving to be marvellous Macbeths :D

God, that's brilliant. You've even got Waiting for Godot in there. Or should that be Waiting for Govt?

Boris would be Falstaff. Corbyn is Malvoleo, persisting with the idea that someone out there wants him, oblivious to the mockery.

Tell me Osbourne isn't Richard III, waiting for everyone to fall before taking over.

Sir-Laurence-Olivier-as-Shakespeares-Richard-III-Picture-REX-FEATURES.jpg

Sings: "THAT'S... what my HEART yearns for NOW... Love and Pride" (King '85)

I like to show I'm not just a pretty face occasionally :D

Osborne is creepy enough to be Richard III and I wouldn't rule him out of anything just yet.

Meanwhile we can all get some light relief with Bottom, otherwise known as Jeremy Corbyn.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Rose you old fraud... Adam Boulton made the Lady Macbeth analogy re Sarah Vine in last week's Sunday Times.

Who will be Fortinbras, the goalhanger who turns up to take the Danish crown? Or do we wait for the Danish referendum for all that?

Of course, once the Chilcott inquiry clears Blair of all wrongdoing, the stage will be set for him to come back, unite the Parliamentary Labour Party and sweep the nation again in a landslide result.

Seriously though, you have to hand it to him. I mean, years we've been waiting for this report on Iraq, and it comes out at a time like this. Most likely there'll be other things to think about.

Oh to turn back the clock and bring John Smith back.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    To be honest when lady Rose said they'd be sitting on a bench. Instead of referencing
    "Waiting for Godot" ( as I'm a bit of a pleb) I was thinking of the opening titles to Bottom ! :))
    https://youtu.be/tQhwxQCeCto
    Not crazy about Theresa May's press conference announcing her candidature. She came across like Hattie Jacques in Carry On Camping when she mistakenly thinks that Kenneth Williams was trying it on with her and goes from fierce to all flowery and self-regarding. "I realise, now, that of course a glimpse of my political ambitions would arouse your slumbering manhood, I see that I have been naive. Be patient with me... you'll find my premiership is worth waiting for."

"Noeoewe, so's Christmas but it will be a long time before you catch me stuffing your ballot box!"

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Just as many said Boris Johnson didn't look like a Prime Minister, Gove reminds
    Me of "Penfold" from Dangermouse ! ;)
    Rose you old fraud... Adam Boulton made the Lady Macbeth analogy re Sarah Vine in last week's Sunday Times.

How very dare you !!!!

I did not steal it from Adam Boulton ... I stole it from Twitter :)) :))

Actually, it's just an obvious comparison ... that and Francis Urquhart/Frank underwood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    edited July 2016
    How can Britain sucessfully break up with the EU? Few people know such a move has been done before. In the early 1980's Greeland broke out of the EU and it was easy and quick! What can Britain learn from the Greenlanders? First of all, Greenland was considered a Danish overseas colony for the purpose of the Greexit. Since several EU coountries had colonies and many of those didn't want to be colonies or EU members, there was already a system for those nations to leave the EU. Since Britain has a past as a French colony (most "English" kings in the middle ages didn't even speak English), it should be easy to argue that the UK could take this route out of the EU. Sorted! :D
    Also, Greenland only needed to negotiate a fishing treaty with the EU. I think Britain should learn from this too. The British should pick just one key industry and negotiate a treaty for the breakout - the rest should work itself out with time. But what industry is most vital to Britain? Tea, finance, TV and movies, pop songs or something else? Let the debate begin! :))
    Lady Rose wrote:

How very dare you !!!!

I did not steal it from Adam Boulton ... I stole it from Twitter :)) :))

Actually, it's just an obvious comparison ... that and Francis Urquhart/Frank underwood

Yes, you'll have read this House of Goves Spoof in the Evening Standard

Roger Moore 1927-2017

:))

I heard someone on the radio last night say while we are waiting for the next season of House of Cards, we can turn on the news and watch it for free !!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    How can Britain sucessfully break up with the EU? Few people know such a move has been done before. In the early 1980's Greeland broke out of the EU and it was easy and quick! What can Britain learn from the Greenlanders? First of all, Greenland was considered a Danish overseas colony for the purpose of the Greexit. Since several EU countries had colonies and many of those didn't want to be colonies or EU members, there was already a system for those nations to leave the EU. Since Britain has a past as a French colony (most "English" kings in the middle ages didn't even speak English), it should be easy to argue that the UK could take this route out of the EU. Sorted! :D
    Also, Greenland only needed to negotiate a fishing treaty with the EU. I think Britain should learn from this too. The British should pick just one key industry and negotiate a treaty for the breakout - the rest should work itself out with time. But what industry is most vital to Britain? Tea, finance, TV and movies, pop songs or something else? Let the debate begin! :))

I think my suggestion has been criminally overlooked. No-one else has suggested this because I'm an origonal thinker :v
    "You're a visionary, Like Me !" ;)

To fix the problem......... Conservatives call an election. Everyone votes LibDem ( they really
    love the EU, with a passion) We get a LibDem government. They WILL never leave the EU.
    So scrap the referendum result, and don't leave.
    This will work as already stated the LibDems love the EU and have a past history of lying
    To voters ( no university fees) , then the next election it's back to normal, and everyone
    Can blame the LibDems for F*cking it up for everyone ! :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2016
    Sounds like a plan, TP :D

Our former cancellor, the great Helmut Schmidt once said: "People with visions should not be in politics - they should call a doctor"
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    The visions don't bother me ........ it's the VOICES !!!!! :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!