Hope you Gents across the Pond are all ok!

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Well I have heard the postman complain about having to take your large package up the back alley :o
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    Out of the top of my head, UK's Privileges and Extra-Sausages:

"Britain-Discount" for Membership fees - noone else had that
    UK is not part of the Shengen area, passports still recquired
    UK alone blocked much more strinct banking regulations in the aftermaths of the recent bank-crisis
    UK blocked a transaction-Tax for the stockmarket for the benefit of London City.
    UK don't have the Euro
    UK where allow to void over 100 laws from the Lisbon EU Contract 2009
    UK blocked their approval of the 2011 Fiscal Pact
    UK blocked a European Defense Union 2015
    UK is allowed to hold back social welfare for EU members in the Feb 2016 deal.

https://www.uni-giessen.de/kultur/universum/archiv/2013/phaenomen-europa/gb-sonderstatus

http://www.theeuropean.de/steffen-d-meyer/9176-grossbritannien-mit-blockade-gegen-die-eu

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/grossbritannien-und-die-eu-scheitern-einer-zweckehe-a-802702.html
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Out of the top of my head, UK's Privileges and Extra-Sausages:

Any chance of an England football team extra-sausage privilege ? Like a bye straight through to the Final ? After all - it is OUR game :))
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Or, to put it better: "It's our ball and we're going home!" :D :#
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Or, to put it better: "It's our ball and we're going home!" :D :#

Correct :))
    YNWA 97
    I see Brussels has been providing comedy gold today :))

The GBP rally's again today -{

And Labour MP's back a vote of 'no confidence' in Corbyn !

This one is going to run and run folks :D
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I see Brussels has been providing comedy gold today :))

The GBP rally's again today -{

And Labour MP's back a vote of 'no confidence' in Corbyn !

This one is going to run and run folks :D
    Yup pound rallies to over 1.33, against the dollar and FTSE gains aswell amid settling of the markets, house prices deemed to suffer no more than a 5% at worst blip and the property market due to settle within 3 months. Around where I live everything seems remarkably normal, even the England football teams performance is normal.
    I find the triumphing about the GBP 'rallying' pretty distasteful honestly.

The UK decision has put a lot of countries and markets in trouble and now celebrating that the Uk's hit is " better" compared to others is selfish and poor.

Waiting to hear comments blaming the corrupt EU system for that - please think again.

And it's not over yet.

Higgins wrote:

The UK decision has put a lot of countries and markets in trouble and now celebrating that the Uk's hit is " better" compared to others is selfish and poor.

Waiting to hear comments blaming the corrupt EU system for that - please think again.

And it's not over yet.

But you wanted the UK to leave the EU - knowing full well the damage it *could* cause...and I recall you being less than upset when the GBP fell against other currencies - you even wanted a bet it would fall lower :o
    I'm confused :s
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2016
    Its just the reported facts Higgins, ideally UK would brexit with very little damage to us and everybody else, I think the effects of the Leave vote could have been lessened if firstly the UK government weren't seen to be caught on the hop when they already had contingency plans, Cameron resigning added fuel to the fire as did Juncker's comments.
    I truly hope all nations thrive and prosper and the UK and EU settle amicably.
    I'm pleased the EU works for you Higgins I truly am, but it wasn't perceived to be working for the majority of voting brits. Hence brexit.
    The EU has had years of warnings from various countries about discontent and the fact it's one size fits all didn't fit some.
    That doesn't mean that you should be proud that the damage that you brought is less than in other countries.

It's a bit like causing a car crash and mocking that the damage on your car is less than on the other party :#

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

And it's not over yet.

What's so hard to accept about people being glad that their currency has recovered from its lowest point in years? Regardless of whether they voted LEAVE or REMAIN, everyone in the UK should be relieved that the pound hasn't continued to freefall. There's nothing distasteful about that?
    Higgins wrote:
    That doesn't mean that you should be proud that the damage that you brought is less than in other countries.

It's a bit like causing a car crash and mocking that the damage on your car is less than on the other party :#
    I'm not proud of any of this, particularly any collateral damage, and I'm sure neither is Sir Miles. I have a great love for continental Europe, some more than others and the general feeling over here is not to hell with Europe, quite the opposite, unlike Juncker who has essentially said "get out quick we never liked you anyway and we will not make this easy for you"
    Higgins wrote:

And it's not over yet.

What's so hard to accept about people being glad that their currency has recovered from its lowest point in years? Regardless of whether they voted LEAVE or REMAIN, everyone in the UK should be relieved that the pound hasn't continued to freefall. There's nothing distasteful about that?
    I agree,
    Infact given the huge event, I think a national government not just one party should
    Be looking after our interests in the negotiations.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Chriscoop wrote:
    unlike Juncker who has essentially said "get out quick we never liked you anyway and we will not make this easy for you"

I am sure that he did not say what I've marked in bold

Higgins wrote:

And it's not over yet.

You did read and understand my post entirely?

There is nothing wrong being happy that the currency recovered per se but not in the eye of the collateral damage which occured to others.

And I'd say that the recovery is mostly fueled by speculations that he UK will not pull article 50 at the end ;)

It's not over and the happiness is a bit premature. Here is more trouble ahead...

Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    unlike Juncker who has essentially said "get out quick we never liked you anyway and we will not make this easy for you"

I am sure that he did not say what I've marked in bold
    His exact words were,
    This will not be an amicable divorce,
    And
    It was hardly a tight love affair anyway,
    And
    The British deserters will face consequences
    Was he stroking a white cat, when he said it ? ;)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Infact given the huge event, I think a national government not just one party should
    Be looking after our interests in the negotiations.

Apparently there are to be cross-party talks on the EU exit so this should be facilitated. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I read and understood your post entirely, Higgins. What I have seen and heard today (and late yesterday) from many people in the U.K. is understandable relief that the pound's freefall has stopped, at least for now. I haven't seen any triumphalism at all. If there has been any British displays of triumph, I would imagine it is more likely to be from people relieved that those who suggested that the pound would freefall into oblivion have so far been proven incorrect, not any sense of unbridled joy that other EU countries may suffer. However, what I did see and hear on Friday and yesterday in many, many places (but thankfully not on this board) was a triumphalism that the pound was in freefall, the UK's economic forecasts downgraded and the country condemned to recession by people with a "Serves them right for voting Leave" attitude.
    Am I the only one looking forward to some good "punishment" being handed out ? :D
    I'm always up for a bit of the "you've been a very naughty boy' follow-up!
    Higgins wrote:

My post wasn't posted as *pride*...it was only in response to your delight that the GBP had dropped and you were happy it had done so...even wanting to make a bet that it would fall further...

I took your post about that in the spirit that (I thought) you posted it...tongue-in-cheek but with seriousness behind it...to repeat - I'm not arguing with anyone but I do enjoy tweaking your nipple at times Higgybaby ;%

It's done in love and friendship :x

I apologise if I offended you....and to try and atone...

image.jpg

:D
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2016
    Please show me EXACTLY my delight about that the GBP has dropped and that I was happy that it's been done so.

My bet stood - you did not take it because you agreed with me and did not want to bet against me.

Don't twist statements, old friend 8-)

I've not been offended but I found it not tasteful.

And the name is HIGGINS! X-( X-( X-(

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one looking forward to some good "punishment" being handed out ? :D

Bring it on! Take us to the Gates of Hell if need be. It'll all be worth it to get the autonomy of our own country back again. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    stag wrote:

The EU is much more than a marketplace and that the UK never understood or accepted that.
    There is a massive budget to support all kinds of groups and countries and at the end of the day, someone has to pay for them.

The WTO deal won't happen - it stays what Merkel said today: There must be a significant difference between being part of the Union and not.

Thinking that the Eu will surrender and give the marketplace for free is an illusion

Higgins wrote:
    Please show me EXACTLY my delight about that the GBP has dropped and that I was happy that it's been done so.

My bet stood - you did not take it because you agreed with me and did not want to bet against me.

Don't twist statements, old friend 8-)

I've not been offended but I found it not tasteful.

And he name is HIGGINS! X-( X-( X-(

Ok...I tried to keep it light...so, like the UK - I'm out -{
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2016
    My closing lines aginst the comments, that Referdums are pure democracy and though lead to the best results:

Particularly the last referendum shows that the verdict is not a result of the best arguments and reasonable consideration.
    The campaign put an entire continent on hold for months, divided societies, families and friends and was highly emotional with a bunch of lies and false promises and perceptions. I can easily live without those because they don't help anyone but the populists - who obviously did not have a plan except of being "against".

A wise german politician once said: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"