Hope you Gents across the Pond are all ok!

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought it was all very civil, so far. :) so long as everyone shows
    respect and deference, to the views and opinions of ......... well, Me ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think Britain holds a good hand, if a new team is sent over ( not Dave the wimp).
    telling the EU, we could have a second referendum, if we get some proper consessions,
    which the British people want.
    Leading to all round happiness, The UK stays in the EU ( remain happy) but with
    consession on the points Britain wants ( Leave happy ) , then I'm hosted on the
    shoulders of the grateful populis, given a Nobel price and elected as the new King :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) :))
    The ones, who cultivated and voiced permanently hate against the EU in the last 6 months - bullied and insulted everybody from here are now complaining for being bullied :)) :)) :))
    And hope that we remain weak and inconsistent - something that they've complained about for decades?

Must be great living in the Brexit camp world - no matter "THEY" are evil and "WE" are right and reasonable.

When they say "Stay, because if you leave, you are in trouble" - they threat
    When they are trying to help others, they are weak
    When they are not consequent - they are corrupt
    When they are consequent, they bully 8-)

I've been criticized for using the word "paranoid" in that context, maybe I was not too wrong :D

It has nothing to do with bullying. UK wanted to be out. They are out B-)

And others will watch closely - there are populists all over Europe

We've had Anna Firth on german TV yesterday. Female David Cameron - what an annoying woman :s

I think you misread what I posted...deliberately...looks like paranoid is the right word :v :))
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes I have...the GBP 'peaked' a week or so before the vote...it's only dropped about 8% - and will recover further...sounds like Europe is scared and is scaremongering ;)

Obviously we are seeing different charts.
    And let's not forget the 250.000.000.000 Bank of England support from Friday ;)

45a58b5269.jpg

So that shows a drop of 0.16 8-) What's the current value ?

Didn't Germany bail out Greece - several times ? So it's ok when you do it but wrong when we help ourselves...??? :v :D

Instead of getting angry at the UK I'd get angry at the EU for allowing this -{
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    Tss, tss, Sir Miles trying again playing stupid with me :)) :))

I was referring to your remark that "Overall the GBP is down very little..." "and is picking up already"*.

It was very little because the Bank of England was opening the money gates - that's the context of my remark.
    And the worst thing is - you know it! ;)

You love to play this kind of games on all different occasions - won't happen with me :v
    You've now had 2 attempts in the last 24 hours, maybe wait with another one for 10?

*not by Sir Miles
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    And I am offering you a bet, that the GBP will be below 1,30 at the end of the week. 1 Bottle of Bollinger, deal?

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Isn't that the declaration of bankruptcy of ANY populist movement??

"Hey, we're representing common sense. We're totally against (insert project) but have no clue how to make it better"

What a pathetic show.

No.

Right now with the resignation of Cameron and Corbyn hanging on by his fingertips it just means there is a leadership void.

Cameron resigning was the curve ball. He had said he would stay if we voted out and many MP's wanted him to stay including Boris and Gove. They probably expected to him to get the ball rolling with Article 50. Cameron though apparently said to his aids 'why should I do the hard sh!t ? ' and promptly resigned.

Once we have a re gig in Government and possibly get a proper opposition party then things will even out.
    Higgins wrote:
    Tss, tss, Sir Miles trying again playing stupid with me :)) :))

Who said I had to try ? :v :))
    Higgins wrote:
    I was referring to your remark that "Overall the GBP is down very little..." "and is picking up already"*.

It was - and it is -{ Thems just the facts :D
    Higgins wrote:
    It was very little because the Bank of England was opening the money gates - that's the context of my remark.
    And the worst thing is - you know it! ;)

You love to play this kind of games on all different occasions - won't happen with me :v
    You've now had 2 attempts in the last 24 hours, maybe wait with another one for 10?

*not by Sir Miles

Where is the problem if the Bank of England helps ? Isn't that what it's supposed to do ? ?:)

Don't understand the last part of your post....

But, as I said, get angry at the EU for being weak and allowing this to happen -{
    YNWA 97
    Nothing wrong with the Bank of England helping.

But that was a huge factor for the GBP not dropping more on Friday.

So are you in with my bet?

Higgins wrote:
    Nothing wrong with the Bank of England helping.

But that was a huge factor for the GBP not dropping more on Friday.

Undoubtedly it was - but it wasn't only the UK that took a hit...many markets suffered because of the Brexit - that's why I think a 'sensible' solution will be found -{
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    So are you in with my bet?

Not a chance ! It's bad enough for you with the Brexit - imagine I took a bottle of Bollinger off you as well :o :))
    YNWA 97
    Latest reports, apparently the money markets aren't too impressed with idea of the EU without
    The UK, so hard times for the euro ahead as well :# it's not just bad news for the UK.
    No doubt about that.

UK's decision putting the entire continent into trouble - but we have all the Time in the World :s

Last week's discussion was that the influences are minimal and less for the UK than for the rest. I disagreed and that was the context for my statements. There is more trouble to come. For all of us :#

According to ITV, only 36% of the young voters (18-24) voted, though around 80% of the older generation.

So much for the "The older gen stole our future". I'll never understand that the right to vote - something which earlier generations fought and died for - is so easily denied by all kind of people.

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    According to ITV, only 36% of the young voters (18-24) voted, though around 80% of the older generation.

So much for the "The older gen stole our future". I'll never understand that the right to vote - something which earlier generations fought and died for - is so easily denied by all kind of people.

That's what is so frustrating. Young people moaning that 'we' stole their future when most of them would rather be at Glastonbury than a polling station.

I voted remain in the end, just because I thought leaving was such an unknown quantity and if it went belly up it would be my daughters generation paying the cost but I could have easily voted to leave too.

I did sees something on twitter though that was quite good about youngsters getting stroppy about the result ...

'Kids, sometimes Mum and Dad know best' :v
    Higgins wrote:
    There is more trouble to come. For all of us :#

Unfortunately that is something we can all agree on !

The whole thing has been a bloody mess from the start !
    YNWA 97
    I find it crazy that on the news programmes NOW, we are getting reasoned debate
    With viewers questions getting factual answers, on how it will affect people etc.
    Where as before we just had slogans, made up figures and no actual discussion.
    Simply one camp slagging off the other side. :#
    Greek papers suggest to " Bend it like Tsipras"

Ignore the Referendum and stay :)) :)) :))

I still think Dave and Angela could still kiss and hug it out. ;)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

That's what is so frustrating. Young people moaning that 'we' stole their future when most of them would rather be at Glastonbury than a polling station.

I voted remain in the end, just because I thought leaving was such an unknown quantity and if it went belly up it would be my daughters generation paying the cost but I could have easily voted to leave too.

I did sees something on twitter though that was quite good about youngsters getting stroppy about the result ...

'Kids, sometimes Mum and Dad know best' :v
    It is amazing some people's voting rationale, I know of one group of people who while really wanted to vote leave actually voted remain because they had a holiday booked to the USA and didn't want to get less dollar for their pound!!!!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    True, I accidentally voted "Leave" as I thought I was filling out a Holiday application form :#
    edited June 2016
    I find it crazy that on the news programmes NOW, we are getting reasoned debate
    With viewers questions getting factual answers, on how it will affect people etc.
    Where as before we just had slogans, made up figures and no actual discussion.
    Simply one camp slagging off the other side. :#

That's exactly why I am against Referendums!

Populists put hate and fear among the public and offer themselfs for being 'The Voice of Reason'.

We're living in very complex times, periods prior to elections are getting nastier and nastier and full of lies and many people give their decisions based on emotions rather than arguments.

Add that with the lazy and careless young- and nonvoters and you get results like on Thursday and many people immediately regret.

I am pretty sure that after what UK citizens have learnt the last 3 days another Referendum would have totally different results than they where last week.

Chriscoop wrote:
    It is amazing some people's voting rationale, I know of one group of people who while really wanted to vote leave actually voted remain because they had a holiday booked to the USA and didn't want to get less dollar for their pound!!!!

Wow, that's devastating and hilarious :#

The funniest ( but also sad) was the woman who when asked why she voted Leave
    Answered " Oh, I don't really know "
    bqt3gmze.jpg

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The EU is in a tricky spot. In a recent poll, 61% of people in France said they'd vote to leave the EU. There are serious efforts afoot to have referendums in the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Portugal and Greece and very loud grumbling about the EU in many other countries. The EU could decide to play hardball with the UK in the hope that that will discourage anyone else from following suit. Or they could be nice to the UK and change some fundamental basics of the EU in the hopes of quelling the growing dissatisfaction.

Ultimately, it's the EU's fault entirely though, as they long ago became intoxicated by their own power and the wealth that can be made from bureaucracy. If the EU had done what it was supposed to do and concentrate on trade etc instead of telling the Italians in some small town how to make the ham that they've happily and successfully made for centuries, forbid the French from making certain cheeses and told the British that they can't call their internationally popular chocolate chocolate, and instead got on with real issues instead of dictating issues large and small, the EU would be stable and strong. Neither of which are true now.
    stag wrote:
    Well a wave of anti democratic feeling doesn't alter the path of democracy after that same democracy has spoken. I find it more than a little disturbing when people begin to say that referendums shouldn't be held. That path leads to a very dark place. The EU supposedly champions democracy but apparently only under it's own terms? As I said earlier "You are free to vote just so long as you vote for me!"

Maybe you differentiate a bit more.
    I've said that I am against Referendums for the reasons I've mentioned*

I can't find this anti-democratic or leading to dark places.

* Particularly the last Brexit campaign was full of hate, lies and misinformations ( remember the 350 million NHS bus??) and it was difficult to make an educated choice as we see now from some recent comments.

The world is not like it was 50 years ago, it's full of crises, challenges and compromises. Farage and Johnson certainly were not the best people to educate their voters.
    To a certain point we must put our trust to the experts,,who are working 24/7 for years on those challenges and are elected and chosen by us.