Hope you Gents across the Pond are all ok!

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    This could drag on awhile yet as you say...over two million people have signed a petition to have the referendum again ! :))

Sore losers from the "Remain" camp. There's no chance of that happening!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Would that also work in a general election ? If Labour won, could enough conservative
    voters sign an on line petition, to hold another election ? :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

The US will get Trump, the UK will get Johnson - and the world will get a scary place :o

And then even Kim Jong Il will be going 'WTF???' :)) :))
    Yes it will be odd, thinking that old Kim Jong is the sensible one ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    To be honest I'm not worried. Why?

Q) who'll replace cameron?! johnson??!!! GOVE?!!!
    A) who cares, since voting age I've never liked the PM.

Q) our economy is fucked!!!
    A) it's day 3 now and the pounf is slowly coming back up.

Q) we'll hit a recession
    A) been there, done that, still alive

Q) The EU will disown us, the Americans are well pissed!!!
    A) No they're not, in fact we've already heard from several big players about trade agreements

Q) The NHS is fucked!!
    A) And it wasn't already?

Q) The leave campaign lied!!!
    A) Sorry what? You actually believed either side? I looked past the front page of the Express and found out more truthful things before voting, if you didn't then thats your woops.

Q) I regret how i voted i want a referendum!!
    A) Should've done your research. Not gonna happen.

Q) Two million signed a pet...
    A) Not gonna happen.

Q) But my friends an immigrant, they'll be kicked out
    A) You seriously think the government will kick out 3m workers and leave our economy in a state? Tighter controls might be on the cards but it's already been declared that those in are in and won't be instantly deported.

Q) We need Cameron to stay on!!!
    A) Like a bull needs tits.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Anyway I'm done. I'm off to read about James Bond now.
    Welcome back stag. With regards Russia invading, I was quite amused to read that following the referendum result the maniac Putin offered Britain the hand of friendship!
    I don't trust that man at all.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    I bow down to the economic competence in this thread....

The decision is now 2 days past, Britain has not left the Union yet and we've had a veritable crash on the stock market and the GBP is on a long - time low.

All the triumph howling from the Brexit camp is a bit premature imo and at best wistling in the dark.

The consequences - positive or negative - will play out in the years to come - the only thing that I agree with here is that the divorce should not be delayed now that the decision has been made.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Hmm what is it they say about sarcasm? As far as I can tell the global economy is at best uncertain at the moment, come the presidential elections in the USA there is liable to be an economic wobble, it's uncertain what is really happening in China but the signs are not good, a UK exit from the EU was always going to have an initial negative effect and it is up to the leaders of both the EU and the UK government to minimise that negativity, so far though both parties are failing in that, a quick and AMICABLE divorce is the way forward but the EU leaders seem to playing their usual game of over heavy handedness and petulant posturing, Angela Merkel has called for calm and should be listened to. It was uncertain times before and even more so now, diplomacy and ensuring a good mutual future relationship is what's needed now.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

The decision is now 2 days past, Britain has not left the Union yet and we've had a veritable crash on the stock market and the GBP is on a long - time low.

Having been at an artificial high due to people thinking Remain would win ! Overall the GBP is down very little...the stock market 'crash' is mainly in Europe (panicked by a Brexit win) and the US -{

The term 'clutching at straws' springs to mind ;)
    Higgins wrote:
    All the triumph howling from the Brexit camp is a bit premature imo and at best wistling in the dark.

The consequences - positive or negative - will play out in the years to come - the only thing that I agree with here is that the divorce should not be delayed now that the decision has been made.

All this talk of 'start the divorce now' is sour grapes from Europe - and very, VERY funny :)) they sound like a petulant child that hasn't gotten their own way :D

I see Scotland are trying to block the Brexit by getting their MSPs to 'refuse to give their legislative consent' :))
    YNWA 97
    edited June 2016
    Sir Miles wrote:

All this talk of 'start the divorce now' is sour grapes from Europe - and very, VERY funny :)) they sound like a petulant child that hasn't gotten their own way :D

Isn't that totally reversing reality?

Uk ' wanted their country back' and wanted to leave and now everything has time and is not so urgent.

It seems no matter what the Brexit guys are right and everybody else is wrong :s

Sir Miles wrote:

Having been at an artificial high due to people thinking Remain would win ! Overall the GBP is down very little...the stock market 'crash' is mainly in Europe (panicked by a Brexit win) and the US -{

Artificial high?? Have you seen the graphs from the last months?

Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

The term 'clutching at straws' springs to mind ;)
    Higgins wrote:

I see Scotland are trying to block the Brexit by getting their MSPs to 'refuse to give their legislative consent' :))
    Scotland have a bit of a sticky wicket to play now, for them to remain in the EU they would need another referendum to split from the UK then apply as a new country, adopt the euro, and loose the backing from the UK, I don't think they can afford it and to be honest from what they do produce for export they would eventually be better off staying and being part of the UKs inevitable global marketplace. I wouldn't want to be Scottish at the moment.
    EU membership does not necessary mean having the Euro.
    And Scotland has Oil - similar to Norway.

The EU marketplace is certainly a larger one than Small-Britain ;)

Higgins wrote:

Uk ' wanted their country back' and wanted to leave and now everything has time and is not so urgent.

It seems no matter what the Brexit guys are right and everybody else is wrong :s

As much as everyone wants this separation to be as painless as possible it's not going to happen overnight.

We currently have both our main parties imploding. Cameron has put two fingers up and done a 'you want it, you deal with it' and left the Conservatives in disarray and the Labour party , well, I have no words ...

I think as well, it will take a brave politician to set Article 50 in motion. Who wants to be responsible for that ??

Before Article 50 is put in place we need to sort out who is in charge and have a clear plan on how to implement it ... That could take a while the way things currently stand.

Then of course, there may be a snap general election called. If a party has in their manifesto to remain and is elected that would override any referendum.

This is going to get messy and drawn out and Europe are going to have to wait till we sort ourselves out first.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    This could drag on awhile yet as you say...over two million people have signed a petition to have the referendum again ! :))

I read somewhere that anybody can sign that petition anywhere in the world so it's kind of a bit daft regardless?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I read somewhere that anybody can sign that petition anywhere in the world so it's kind of a bit daft regardless?

Apparently a lot of people in the Vatican City have signed ... nice to see they care so much about our politics :))
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

No, not at all...and it was always going to take a minimum of two years anyway...and as this hasn't been done before it was always going to be a bit messy - like I said, sour grapes from Europe ! At least Angela Merkel understands that and has said 'let's not rush this'...
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Artificial high?? Have you seen the graphs from the last months?

Yes I have...the GBP 'peaked' a week or so before the vote...it's only dropped about 8% - and will recover further...sounds like Europe is scared and is scaremongering ;)

I see most of Europe's leaders are asking for EU reform as it clearly isn't fit for purpose....
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Petition.jpeg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    :)) :)) :))
    edited June 2016
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes I have...the GBP 'peaked' a week or so before the vote...it's only dropped about 8% - and will recover further...sounds like Europe is scared and is scaremongering ;)

The GBP lost dramatically over the last months in the outlook of the Brexit.
    Why should we scaremonger? The decision is done.

But most of us (except Merkel) outside of the UK are p*ssed that the Tories take us hostage again for longer than necessary to sort heir own stuff out. This all started with the division of the Tories and was already going far too long.

As if we can just stop the game and everybody keeps on waiting until the match is being restarted.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    edited June 2016
    Who wants to a nice tasty Referendum?

TOTAL-RECALL-RED-PILL.jpg

"So how about I instigate Article 50 now?"

mqdefault.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    This all started when the UK politicians understood there was a growing discontent with the EU within the UK, Cameron offered the referendum to secure votes, which it did put him in power and so he had to hold it. And as it turns out this may be one of only a few times a government has followed the will of the majority electorate. The decision to leave is the democratic choice of the eligible voters. A lot of which were Labour voters who wouldn't follow their party line!
    I am dissapointed in Cameron the "we are not quitters" politician just upping and quitting. And looking at the markets last week the FTSE 100 finished the week higher than is started. Sterling has been hit. But will continue to recover ground over the coming time frame. Though unfortunately rumblings from Italy, Spain in particular are most worrying.
    The biggest "own goal" from Cameron, was not allowing 16 year olds to vote !
    That alone, probably cost him the referendum .
    Cameron a great political mind, my a*se. :D
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

The GBP lost dramatically over the last months in the outlook of the Brexit.
    Why should we scaremonger? The decision is done.

But most of us (except Merkel) outside of the UK are p*ssed that the Tories take us hostage again for longer than necessary to sort heir own stuff out. This all started with the division of the Tories and was already going far too long.

As if we can just stop the game and everybody keeps on waiting until the match is being restarted.

No, it was widely reported across the UK that the GBP rose to $1.50 on the strength of the opinion polls - putting Remain in front...it's about $1.37 today...hardly a 'dramatic' loss 8-)

Hey - the Tories hold the UK hostage too - sucks doesn't it ! X-(
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    The decision is now 2 days past, Britain has not left the Union yet...

You are a sensible chap - apart from footwear :D - you know full well Brexit will take a minimum two years...coupled with the fact it's never been done before, and you will probably be looking at a longer timeframe than that...there is so much to negotiate on...it could even take longer than the 2020 date that the Tories are looking at !
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Just watched a bit of 101 Dalmations, Cruella turns up and mocks penniless songwriter Roger and his wife's pokey house. A London pad like that would be a good few million today! :o

Of course, thanks to Brexit we'll be all be living in such gaffes from now on... :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

You are a sensible chap - apart from footwear :D - you know full well Brexit will take a minimum two years...

:v really Sir Miles?

Pulling my words out of context, tss, tsss

Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

You are a sensible chap - apart from footwear :D - you know full well Brexit will take a minimum two years...

:v really Sir Miles?

Pulling my words out of context, tss, tsss

Sorry...where ?:)

That's EXACTLY what you said :D

Looks like the Germans also struggle with penalties within the Euro :v :))
    YNWA 97
    Perhaps EU years are different from British years. :))