Who will win the november election in the U.S.? Trump or Hillary?

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    cheld wrote:
    4. What about the US's illegal intervention in Ukraine?

"After the coup in Ukraine, the U.S. and its European allies immediately recognized the new government in Kiev, treating the self-styled People’s Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk as outlaws and terrorists, or even as foreign invaders in their own country. Thousands of people have been killed, parts of Eastern Ukraine have been reduced to rubble and Ukraine’s economy may be in free fall. Diplomacy by France, Germany and Russia has finally achieved a fragile ceasefire.

Appearing to view the ceasefire mainly as a setback in its economic and proxy war against Russia, the U.S. has responded by sending military aid to Ukraine, along with troops to train the new forces that Ukraine’s new leaders recruited from neo-Nazi militias and Ukrainian nationalists when they realized they could not count on the Ukrainian military to wage and win a war against its own people.

As in Iraq, the U.S.-backed regime change in Ukraine has undermined legitimate institutions and empowered factional militias with their own agendas. The far-right Svoboda party and Right Sector militia served as a strike force during the coup, seizing weapons and attacking government buildings, transforming a peaceful protest movement into an armed revolt."

Wow, that's a lot of russian propaganda here 8-)

I remember the Ukraine Crisis differently and the USA had only a little part.

"Peace Angel" Russia fuelled the conflict whereever they could and your "reply" leaves out the fact that Russia invaded in Crimea*, broke several UN decisions and is still doing everything they can to destabilize the country by all means.

The conflict in Ukraine is basically a clash between the majority in the West Ukraine against a russian minority (18%) in the East, that are heavily supported by Russia and their leader Yanukovych who evidently robbed the country and was a puppet for mother Russia.

All you do is criticizing a minor US influence in the conflict and leave out the real aggressor in that play.
    Mentioning Russia in the diplomatic negotiations is only technical, Russia lied, cheated, broke agreements whenever they could.
    So the mentioning of Russia in the sentence "Diplomacy by France, Germany and Russia has finally achieved a fragile ceasefire" is naive and cynical and - by the way the sanctions against Russia played their part.

*Remember MH 17 that has been shot with a russian launcher just as a small example.
    Remember the russian soldiers "on vacation" when they invaded in Crimea in their private time?

You are trying to label that invasion as a "humanitarian act" (to the aid of the "surpressed" people in Dombass and Luhansk) like you did with the starting of the Iraq war. Reality is far from that

Feel free to eduacte yourself a bit from here (I know that wiki is not almighty but it's better than your pro-russian colored article anyhow).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Yanukovych

And something more to read:

Public opinion in Ukraine[edit]
    A poll conducted by Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS) from 8–18 February 2014 assessed support for union with Russia throughout Ukraine. It found that, overall, 12% of those polled favoured union with Russia.[67] 68.0% of those from the four regions surveyed agreed that Ukraine should remain independent, with friendly relations maintained between Russia and Ukraine.

Support for a union between Russia and Ukraine was found to be much higher in certain areas:

41.0% Crimea
    33.2% Donetsk Oblast
    24.1% Luhansk Oblast
    24.0% Odessa Oblast
    16.7% Zaporizhia Oblast
    15.1% Kharkiv Oblast
    13.8% Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
    In an opinion poll conducted from 14–26 March by the International Republican Institute, 26–27% of those polled in southern and eastern Ukraine viewed the Euromaidan protests as a coup d'état.[68] Only 5% of respondents in eastern Ukraine felt that Russian-speakers were 'definitely' under pressure or threat.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_pro-Russian_unrest_in_Ukraine
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Good post, Higgy baby! -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    I hear that pretty often from you :D
    Is there hope? :v

Higgins wrote:
    Is there hope? :v
    Nope, it looks like Trump is in. :#
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,842MI6 Agent
    edited December 2016
    cheld wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Now I have some questions for you, Cheld. Some new and some I have asked before:
    - Do you agree that what we know about Trump's policy towards Russia is to Putin's advantage?
    - Do you think Tillerson is suited to be the Secretery of State, given his very close political, personal and economic ties to the Putin regime?
    - You claimed sanctions have "a nasty habit"of turning into wars. Can you mention any examples of this, other than Imperial Japan 75 years ago?
    - Do you think the sanctions against Russia should be lifted, even as the illegal Russian intervention in Ukraine continues?

Please reply to the questions, and not just post counterquestions. :)

Hi, Cheld. If you're around, It would be nice to hear your replies to my questions.

1. I care whether it's to America's advantage. As I said I am a Jeffersonian - peace, trade and friendship, no entangling alliances. If you need an enemy to feel important, I suggest counseling.

2. I would rather a diplomat have positive relationships with other international players. Why would you want a diplomat to be antagonistic towards them?

3. Iraq. US imposed multiple rounds of sanctions on Iraq, knowing full well that they would not make Saddam reverse course or incite a revolution. The "failure" of the sanctions was one excuse used to justify the Iraq War.

4. What about the US's illegal intervention in Ukraine?

"After the coup in Ukraine, the U.S. and its European allies immediately recognized the new government in Kiev, treating the self-styled People’s Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk as outlaws and terrorists, or even as foreign invaders in their own country. Thousands of people have been killed, parts of Eastern Ukraine have been reduced to rubble and Ukraine’s economy may be in free fall. Diplomacy by France, Germany and Russia has finally achieved a fragile ceasefire.

Appearing to view the ceasefire mainly as a setback in its economic and proxy war against Russia, the U.S. has responded by sending military aid to Ukraine, along with troops to train the new forces that Ukraine’s new leaders recruited from neo-Nazi militias and Ukrainian nationalists when they realized they could not count on the Ukrainian military to wage and win a war against its own people.

As in Iraq, the U.S.-backed regime change in Ukraine has undermined legitimate institutions and empowered factional militias with their own agendas. The far-right Svoboda party and Right Sector militia served as a strike force during the coup, seizing weapons and attacking government buildings, transforming a peaceful protest movement into an armed revolt."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicolas-j-s-davies/us-double-standards-in-uk_b_7044588.html

Thank you for your reply.
    Do you relly think Putin's policy is to the advantage? Don't you know a key part of his policy is being anti-western world and anti-USA? The media over there is not friendly to our part of the world. Pleace also remember that he is the only European leader since the end of WWII who has annexed a part of another sovereign country?

Leaders with good relationships to leaders can be an advantage. I know that part of the reason Jens Stoltenberg was chosen to be the General Secretary of NATO was his history of successfully negotiating with Russia when he was PM here. But there is a difference between being on good speaking terms and what Tillerson has. Stoltenberg has always been clear in his critisism of Russia when needed. Tillerson and his company has a lot of money riding on lifting the sanctions. He has a history of being very friendly to Putin and his regime, but has as far as I know never spoken up against him. Not the role of a CEO of a business, but I and many others doubt that he ever will. The nomination of Tillerson is a part of a pattern from Trump of only saying things about Russia that are to Putin's advantage, and as stated above this is clearly not always to the advantage of the US and your allies.

While I think the sanctions against Iraq brought far too much suffering on the population of Iraq, it's very unlikely this was the cause of the war. Regime change in Iraq was a NeoCon dream and stated goal for years. This was the reason for the war and 9/11 gave Bush jr the oportunity to to carry it out.

I think Higgins replied well to the fourth point.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Now you know why we are in a Bond limbo when it comes to the next movie. The producers are clearly waiting to be inspired before the next script is commissioned. It will be about an emotionally unstable puppet of Russia becoming a US president and leaders of both countries planning to invade China and split it between them. Bond will have to work together with a Chinese agent (not the first time) to prevent a world conflict.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Now you know why we are in a Bond limbo when it comes to the next movie. The producers are clearly waiting to be inspired before the next script is commissioned. It will be about an emotionally unstable puppet of Russia becoming a US president and leaders of both countries planning to invade China and split it between them. Bond will have to work together with a Chinese agent (not the first time) to prevent a world conflict.

The story will be that SPECTRE is making the world believe that Russia and the US are trying to invade China, and Bond will have to prevent World War 3 from starting. The classic Bond story.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Jag wrote:

The story will be that SPECTRE is making the world believe that Russia and the US are trying to invade China, and Bond will have to prevent World War 3 from starting. The classic Bond story.
    Hahahahahahaha!

Ummm... not funny!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Hahahahahahaha!

Ummm... not funny!

I wasn't trying to be funny. My point is that the Bond films prefer using fictional villains over the real ones. They would rather not touch the unfortunate truths that truly face the world. They hint at the world's villains but never point fingers.
    Matt S wrote:
    My point is that the Bond films prefer using fictional villains over the real ones. They would rather not touch the unfortunate truths that truly face the world. They hint at the world's villains but never point fingers.
    As it should be! {[]
    On the other hand, the Bond films portraying the US as idiots wouldn't be anything new. The last few films have only been portraying the British government as incompetent. The US needs some of this attention again. QOS touched on it a bit.
    Matt S wrote:
    On the other hand, the Bond films portraying the US as idiots wouldn't be anything new. The last few films have only been portraying the British government as incompetent. The US needs some of this attention again. QOS touched on it a bit.
    Again, agreed sir!! {[]
    Nobody is more presidential than Danald Trump :))

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love!
    2:17 PM - 31 Dec 2016
    129,259 129,259 Retweets 305,589 305,589 likes
    Spreading love whenever he can :)) :)) :))

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    DT keeping it classy as always. It's going to be a long, long four to eight years. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Before Trump we had a broken system.
    Now we'll have a pulverized system... :#
    It's not a pulverized system. Have some hope. The US has worked for centuries, and Trump can't break it easily, and not at all before coming president.
    Number24 wrote:
    It's not a pulverized system. Have some hope. The US has worked for centuries, and Trump can't break it easily, and not at all before coming president.
    Thanks for the hope here. -{
    At least we have year- long experience in incompetent leadership here on AJB showcased daily by Sir Miles :D

Is he on Twitter, too?

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,691Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    At least we have year- long experience in incompetent leadership here on AJB showcased daily by Sir Miles :D

Is he on Twitter, too?

Only year long ? :o I need to raise my game :v :D
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Exactly. At least wait UNTIL he gets into office and does things before you criticise or indeed praise. I'm hopeful personally. Trump's something different to the Establishment.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    What I expressed in my previous post was not a belief in Trump, but my belief in the US system and Constitution. Everyone should be judged by what they say and do, and judging what he has said and done so far we have dark times ahead. But I hope the country is sturdy enough.
    Having said that, it saddens me to hear about violent protests and a large number of death threaths against Trump. I don't like the "Not my president" demonstrations. Many disslike that he is the president elect, but the fact is he is. Violent protests and especially threathening the life of elected politicians is contrary to a democratic system. Protest if you want, but use democratic means.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,702MI6 Agent
    I think he deserves a chance, that's all I really meant. At least give him the benefit of the doubt. Give him the first 100 days and see what he actually achieves (if anything). Some people only like democracy if it goes their way - such people are not true democrats and are in fact actually much closer to the tenets of fascism than they'd ever realise.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Agreed. Any true democrat (small d) may oppose an elected politician, but one must respect the election result.
    Number24 wrote:
    Agreed. Any true democrat (small d) may oppose an elected politician, but one must respect the election result.
    Trump was ready to reject the result had he not unexpectedly won.... 8-)
    chrisisall wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Trump was ready to reject the result had he not unexpectedly won.... 8-)

Yes, though that is all rather academic at this point in the proceedings.
    And after the election both Trump and the inteligence services questioned the validity of the result. As I have proven many times here I don't know much about IT, but Russian involvment to Trump's advantage seems well documented by the CIA, FBI and NSA. Trump has claimed there were "millions" of voters for Hillary that were fraud/illegal, but has offered no proof of of how and where this happened or even how he "knows" this.
    Number24 wrote:

What if the election isn't a democratic election?
    If it isn't, you must work to make it a democratic election. The correct way to do this varies Depending on where you live, North Korea or North Carolina.
This discussion has been closed.