**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent
    Norcha wrote:
    Hi Matt,looks great on you!
    Noticed you put straps on second button on waistline,is waist to big or you just prefer to wear jacket like that?
    Thanks
    Matt B wrote:
    junebai89 wrote:
    was the measurements accurate? I know couple of us sized down.

I have several other Tom Ford jackets, suits, tuxedos , knitwear etc and the this jacket fits pretty much like a normal Tom Ford garment. Fitted, but not Slim like his more recent Harrington jackets. Please excuse my rail-thin embarrassing appearance in the photos- I have been traveling a lot and not been to the gym. My opinion is that this jacket will look great when I put some weight back on / on someone who has muscle mass on their shoulders like Daniel Craig did in the photos.
    First two photos Daniel Craig, second three Tom Ford, last two Royale. I'm wearing a size 52 T.F. Large Royale. I'm much taller than Daniel Craig but like I said no muscle tone. Just to give you an idea of the fit- hope that's somewhat helpful. I think if you sized down one size you will have a more screen accurate fit unless you lift weights, then normal size should be a D.C like fit.
    Ok, off to lift weights now..
    IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_2014.png

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Thanks so much, such a great jacket. My two cents is that the jacket looks much better with the buttons tightened to make the jacket look a bit slimmer on the bottom. I am hesitant to tailor my jacket at this point as I am usually a good 10 pounds heavier than I am now, so I will see how it fits in a few months after lifting and then perhaps do some tailoring.
  • NorchaNorcha Posts: 148MI6 Agent
    Looks good anyway -{
    I just thought that waistline for this particular jacket is going to be a lot slimmer comparing to other jackets(in general) I was afraid from that there won't be any give as its solid waistline,not one with rubber inside :))
    Matt B wrote:
    Norcha wrote:
    Hi Matt,looks great on you!
    Noticed you put straps on second button on waistline,is waist to big or you just prefer to wear jacket like that?
    Thanks
    Matt B wrote:

I have several other Tom Ford jackets, suits, tuxedos , knitwear etc and the this jacket fits pretty much like a normal Tom Ford garment. Fitted, but not Slim like his more recent Harrington jackets. Please excuse my rail-thin embarrassing appearance in the photos- I have been traveling a lot and not been to the gym. My opinion is that this jacket will look great when I put some weight back on / on someone who has muscle mass on their shoulders like Daniel Craig did in the photos.
    First two photos Daniel Craig, second three Tom Ford, last two Royale. I'm wearing a size 52 T.F. Large Royale. I'm much taller than Daniel Craig but like I said no muscle tone. Just to give you an idea of the fit- hope that's somewhat helpful. I think if you sized down one size you will have a more screen accurate fit unless you lift weights, then normal size should be a D.C like fit.
    Ok, off to lift weights now..
    IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_2014.png

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2032.jpg

Thanks so much, such a great jacket. My two cents is that the jacket looks much better with the buttons tightened to make the jacket look a bit slimmer on the bottom. I am hesitant to tailor my jacket at this point as I am usually a good 10 pounds heavier than I am now, so I will see how it fits in a few months after lifting and then perhaps do some tailoring.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    GS wrote:
    Simon! I thought you would at least receive yours first! What an amazing thing you have achieved for us all..... I too can't wait for mine.
    Next time you're in London Vespers are on me!
    Hope you're well.
    Grant

Sadly not GS but I will hold you to that!
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    Looking at the picture one size smaller will give screen accurate wear. Seems like the jacket is very baggy in the midsection.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Have to disagree, in both the shawl neck cardigan and the Harrington, the fit is "comfortable" in the film...
    The later pictures of the Harrington are following "action"... The earlier pics from the bar and outside the hotel show it in the condition we have and much more loose.
    And of course, on DC's honed physique everything looks good / different
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    So The jackets do run true to the size chart that was given?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    On the 10th December - Luigi sent around a size chart after all the queries

He gives the 52 chest pit to pit as 60cm which is 23.6inches

Mark says his newly arrived 52 is 23.5 inches pit to pit

Guess that means jackets run true to the size chart
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    This is great news. Sizing down was good.
    Glad I didnt size down...
    Would be skin tight and not everyday wearable for my shape. Measurements are one thing, but they cant account for the full shape, the weight of the material and how it sits on different body shapes...
    The TF is ever so slightly bigger than my Royale, and that is very slim fit on me. To drop another 1.5 all round just wouldnt work...
    If I button the adjusters the TF is grippy on my waist. Another size down and I wouldnt be able to use the adjusters.
    I guess same size or size down comes to what fit you want and also your body shape, bigger shoulders / chest will need usual size.
    Interesting to see when those who did size down get theirs.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Pretty much the same measurements as 007JBDCMWR so quite glad I didn't size down and stuck with my regular TF size. Now hopefully not too long of a wait until I get my package here in Aus!
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Would be skin tight and not everyday wearable for my shape. Measurements are one thing, but they cant account for the full shape, the weight of the material and how it sits on different body shapes...
    The TF is ever so slightly bigger than my Royale, and that is very slim fit on me. To drop another 1.5 all round just wouldnt work...
    If I button the adjusters the TF is grippy on my waist. Another size down and I wouldnt be able to use the adjusters.
    I guess same size or size down comes to what fit you want and also your body shape, bigger shoulders / chest will need usual size.

Did the Medium Royal V3 really run that big? I thought TF52 was considered XL.
    junebai89 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi, sorry my Royale is L
    TF is virtually identical, but the heavier weight means it fits a tad closer

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    My jacket arrives this afternoon...will get some pictures and maybe a quick video up this evening. I am happy that people are happy with their jackets thus far. I ordered a 48 and I vacillate between a 48 and a 50 with TF jackets. I was not looking for the relaxed fit that it seems others were looking for, but as some mentioned it really does depend on your body type. Also, your shoulder to waist ratio has a LOT to do with how this jacket looks on you. If there isn't much difference between the two the jacket will look relaxed on you no matter what....
  • RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Indeed Mantis, it greatly depends on body type. My jacket just arrived and its spectacular - the usual from FT. I ordered a 48 as I wear 48 with my other TF jackets. The size is spot on. Some photo's to follow...

Thanks to all and a special one to Simon -{ !
    junebai89 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

There really isnt an official Size equiv. I class 52 / 42 as L
    When I bought my Quantum cardigan back in 09 it was Large, tagged somewhere as 52 also

I certainly wouldnt expect someone with a 39-40 chest to buy Large size, Def more a medium....

• RAINbowTRAILRAINbowTRAIL AmsterdamPosts: 77MI6 Agent
    Could not resist, so some photo's quickly

Went for the standard packaging... I am going to live in this jacket :007)
    DSC_1172.jpg
    DSC_1175.jpg

And the jacket itself:
    DSC_1190.jpg

Not good at taking selfies:
    DSC_1187.jpg

Now back to work...
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Pretty much the same measurements as 007JBDCMWR so quite glad I didn't size down and stuck with my regular TF size. Now hopefully not too long of a wait until I get my package here in Aus!

I'll be disappointed not to see a beaming selfie JTM when yours arrives! Looks fantastic everyone. Well done Simon for achieving this.
    Murder | Employment.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I didn't get one of these jackets! Just popping in to express my admiration for this community's commitment and patience on projects such as these. You deal with armchair experts, naysayers and grumblers the whole way through, and now it's time to reap the reward. It's great to see.

I hope you gentleman all enjoy the spoils of your endeavor! -{
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    JTM wrote:

I'll be disappointed not to see a beaming selfie JTM when yours arrives! Looks fantastic everyone. Well done Simon for achieving this.

Well I don't like to disappoint so you can bet i'll be straight onto that :007)
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    Glad everyone is happy with theirs! I am still awaiting mine and not sure yet when it is coming, but I am excited nonetheless. This endeavor was most impressive.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Everyone's jacket just looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more pics and receive mine. Keep 'em comin' guys! {[]
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Believe they are still getting through the orders shipping wise so dont panic if some not arrived yet
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I also missed this run due to expenditure elsewhere this year, but happy to see so many enjoying pulling the trigger! They all look great might pick myself up a spare Royale as you all start eBaying yours :D

Enjoy in good health all :D

Cheers :007)

P.S That's why I love this forum you can equally enjoy others enjoying their moment!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Hey guys,

Had some good and bad news, the good was receiving the jacket which is beautiful, the bad being that I did go a size down and it is too tight :# I guess I have learnt a valuable lesson.

For reference I do take a 44-46 and went for a 42. Anyway I am sure there will be some swapping going on but will see if Luigi can help.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    Hey guys,

Had some good and bad news, the good was receiving the jacket which is beautiful, the bad being that I did go a size down and it is too tight :# I guess I have learnt a valuable lesson.

For reference I do take a 44-46 and went for a 42. Anyway I am sure there will be some swapping going on but will see if Luigi can help.

Damn...sorry mate. Hope you can find a fix.
    006 wrote:
    Hey guys,

dam sorry man! I sized down as well I wear a 56 but went with 54. I will tell you how it fits. I haven't received any tracking so far from luigi. Did Fed ex just come by with the package?
    Hey all,

I have sent an email to Luigi, will keep you posted if a solution can be found. Slightly annoyed with myself, but hey that's life.

FedEx sent a text the day before and then another on the day with the tracking number.

You will not be disappointed by the jacket, it is beautiful
    For England James?

Did your chest size for other jackets match with the size 42 you ordered?
    Sorry to hear that Zulfi. Hopefully you can resolve this
    junebai89 wrote:
    Did your chest size for other jackets match with the size 42 you ordered?

I thought it did, on the chest it is just about OK, the waist is a struggle, I barely managed to zip it up.

The shoulders are perfect, as is the back length, sleeves were a little long, but I knew I had to get them taken up.

It is just the waist that's the problem
    For England James?