**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    We share so much elation and joy on these boards that we sometimes forget that every one of us is living real lives with real people...and thus when tragedies strike like this one it shocks us to the core. I am saddened by your loss and the grief you must be experiencing, and know that we will be here for you if you need a word, a shoulder, or simply a distraction so you can weather this storm.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Such tragic news, so sorry to hear that, in such cases there just never seem to be the words.

Suffice to say completely echo the sentiments expressed above. Life is too short and sometimes so unfair.

It may not seem like it but time can be a great healer.

Take care of you and yours, our sincere condolences to all concerned.

Bond44
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • nafets47nafets47 FloridaPosts: 939MI6 Agent
    I am so sorry to hear that my friend. My deepest condolences.

Please take care.

Best,
    Stefan
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Shocking news, very sorry to hear this and I echo what everyone else above says.

Take good care of yourself!!! We guys are always here!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone
    I'm one of the members who ordered a size down from my normal size.
    I've just contacted Luigi with regards to this.
    My jacket has been delivered but I won't be able to try in on until I fly home tomorrow.

Luigi has asked me to pass on this message:-
    If any members wish to reorder (Second Jacket) in a different size he needs a minimum order of 5 jackets to allow a small batch production run.

I will find out if I need to request this when I try my jacket tomorrow.
    If anybody else needs to do this ..... start making a list ...... and add your name ..... so if ness. we will know if we meet Luigi's minimum to allow production.

Dave
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    So I'm one of the few who missed signing up for the project from the beginning, and someone advised here I contact Luigi, so I did and he confirmed that he can do a re-run if there are 5 interested people. So if there's any one here in the same boat like me, please let me know so we can coordinate with Luigi.

Here's the small list:
    1. fleiter
    monster wrote:
    Hi everyone
    My jacket has been delivered but I won't be able to try in on until I fly home tomorrow.

If any members wish to reorder (Second Jacket) in a different size he needs a minimum order of 5 jackets to allow a small batch production run.

If anybody else needs to do this ..... start making a list ...... and add your name ..... so if ness. we will know if we meet Luigi's minimum to allow production.

Dave
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I just received my package. No Tracking or warning. Fed ex guy just showed up and I was getting ready to leave work.

-I sized down to 54.
    -Jacket is amazing soft and looks durable.
    -The personalized writings is amazing.
    -I got the hanger with jacket cover.

Ok the size. I wear 17/43 sometimes 17.5/44 in TF dress shirt. I have a TF leather jacket at 58. G9 Baracuta G9 jacket which was is what I used to gauge is a size 46 which should be a TF56, with Luigi's chart for measurement.

Ok... Does it fit? The 54 Harrington jacket fits amazing. It is not tight and I can move and use all the adjusters. The 2nd adjuster on waist will be tight but doable. It has decent room to wear a thin sweater and still be happy. I would say If I got my normal size of 56 I would have to tailor it down to get this look. Cant take pictures now. But best picture that can describe the fit is TSRGUS's photos on terms of fit and look. I am Sooooo.... Happy after agonizing over how it will fit.

Off to work. Good start to Monday!!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have to say in retrospect I wish I had been one of the people that sized down. I will need to get my 48 tailored down. If I had ordered a 46 it might need little to NO tailoring. SO, for those that tailored down don't be surprised if you are exceedingly happy that you did. A lot depends on your body type.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    junebai89 wrote:
    I just received my package. No Tracking or warning. Fed ex guy just showed up and I was getting ready to leave work.

-I sized down to 54.
    -Jacket is amazing soft and looks durable.
    -The personalized writings is amazing.
    -I got the hanger with jacket cover.

Ok the size. I wear 17/43 sometimes 17.5/44 in TF dress shirt. I have a TF leather jacket at 58. G9 Baracuta G9 jacket which was is what I used to gauge is a size 46 which should be a TF56, with Luigi's chart for measurement.

Ok... Does it fit? The 54 Harrington jacket fits amazing. It is not tight and I can move and use all the adjusters. The 2nd adjuster on waist will be tight but doable. It has decent room to wear a thin sweater and still be happy. I would say If I got my normal size of 56 I would have to tailor it down to get this look. Cant take pictures now. But best picture that can describe the fit is TSRGUS's photos on terms of fit and look. I am Sooooo.... Happy after agonizing over how it will fit.

Off to work. Good start to Monday!!

Surely if you wear 17/43 and ordered a 54 you went with usual size (forget your TF leather size, they are always super slim)???
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    OK, just to give you an update from Luigi, he suggested that those with sizing issues should try and swap or purchase from others on the forum. Unfortunately they cannot refund or swap the jacket. The other possibility is to get a minimum of 5 orders to get a new jacket. I am disappointed that they won't even consider a refund, however as these are personalised items they can't take it back unlike a generic item.

I am kicking myself and have learnt a very valuable lesson.

Anyway I wil be adding my name to the additional order project, not ideal, but I absolutely love this jacket.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    So I'm one of the few who missed signing up for the project from the beginning, and someone advised here I contact Luigi, so I did and he confirmed that he can do a re-run if there are 5 interested people. So if there's any one here in the same boat like me, please let me know so we can coordinate with Luigi.

Here's the small list:
    1. fleiter
    2. 006
    monster wrote:
    Hi everyone

Dave
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    Everything I wear from TF is a 56-58. I don't ever remember considering a 54 since usually 56 is a very fitted and sometimes need to move up to 58 depending on the cut of the attire. 54 is not my usual TF size.. So I consider this a sizing down. The fit of this jacket is very..too generous, and not like the current TF sizing from what I can see.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    My size 52 arrived this morning. The fit is terrific and very true to size. :)

No way a 50 would have fit me comfortably. While I can do the second buttons on the wrists and waist of the 52, on a 50 that would be out of the question. Also I think a 50 would have been too tight across my shoulders.

Thank you Simon for all your work. You sir are a legend. -{

The only downside is that TF Milan sent it in a regular box instead of a vertical hanging box. So now I get to ask Luigi for a refund of the shipping cost at the very least. :#
    My size 52 arrived this morning. The fit is terrific and very true to size. :)

No way a 50 would have fit me comfortably. While I can do the second buttons on the wrists and waist of the 52, on a 50 that would be out of the question. Also I think a 50 would have been too tight across my shoulders.

Thank you Simon for all your work. You sir are a legend. -{

The only downside is that TF Milan sent it in a regular box instead of a vertical hanging box. So now I get to ask Luigi for a refund of the shipping cost at the very least. :#

May I ask what is your chest size or what size you usually wear for a Baracuta G9 for example?

Thanks
    No Baracuta in my collection right now. My Royale Harrington and Haiti, both V1, I wear in a large. Royale Solden V2 and Altaussee were also a large. Most Billy Reid jackets are a large as well at the JV Spectre.

My chest is only 40 right now, but my shoulders are wide at around 18.5-19 inches. I also have very long arms. Makes it difficult to size down to a 50 and be active.

I will measure the jacket later and compare to the size chart if you like.
    No Baracuta in my collection right now. My Royale Harrington and Haiti, both V1, I wear in a large. Royale Solden V2 and Altaussee were also a large. Most Billy Reid jackets are a large as well at the JV Spectre.

My chest is only 40 right now, but my shoulders are wide at around 18.5-19 inches. I also have very long arms. Makes it difficult to size down to a 50 and be active.

Thanks much for the response! I'm torn between 50 and 52, and my chest is 20.5
    fleiter wrote:

Thanks much for the response! I'm torn between 50 and 52, and my chest is 20.5

Im a 41 in TF shirts and after chatting through with Luigi went 52... Steve did the same...
    Very pleased I did
    SA is looser than current TF stuff. In 08 TF produced more classic fit garments. Since then the brand fit has slimmed.
    If you want correct fit go with your usual size. Its how its meant to be and gives you ability to tailor.

I think, from watching Quantum of Solace again. The Jacket was altered to make more fitted between the scene from the bar to the fight scene at the end. I'm not saying this for everyone because everyone is different, but I like the fitted hero look of this jacket just like Bond at the end. I'm 100% sure the 56TF would fit me well too.... but it wont be the look I want, with comfort both being the same. Luigi's chart is very accurate to the final product, I say you look at that and compare a jacket you have at home.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Yeah the jacket fits (well at least looks like it fits) differently between the two scenes, but in both scenes it was still tailored specifically (well actually MTM) for DC's body. We're getting standard sizing, so dropping a size isn't necessarily going to make it look more "tailored" or "fitted" on you, it's just going to make the size of the jacket smaller. This is all depending on your body though, but if you're dropping a size expecting it to look like Bond's does in the "hero" desert shot, there's a stong chance you'll be disappointed...and paying this much for a jacket, i'd much rather it be slightly too loose than slightly too tight.

Best option if you want that "hero" look is to get your normal size and tailor any areas of it that you feel are too loose.
    Just had an unknown number call and hang up after one ring. Searched the number on a reverse look-up number site and apparently it was FedEx. So gave their CS a call, they looked up my name and address and found a shipment in my name from TF :o So they gave me the tracking number and it's due to be delivered by the end of the week! Sooo close now!! Haven't got any emails with tracking from Luigi yet either FYI.
    So that's what that hang up call was 4 hours after the jacket was delivered.
    JTM wrote:
    Just had an unknown number call and hang up after one ring. Searched the number on a reverse look-up number site and apparently it was FedEx. So gave their CS a call, they looked up my name and address and found a shipment in my name from TF :o So they gave me the tracking number and it's due to be delivered by the end of the week! Sooo close now!! Haven't got any emails with tracking from Luigi yet either FYI.

It takes longer for yours as its tricky making it upside down buddy

• Matt BMatt B Posts: 369MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

That made me laugh out loud!! Hilarious!
    Did anyone else's jacket arrive with retail price tags? Mine did, but 007JBDCMWR's didn't. I'mm wondering if the tags were attached only to jackets sent outside the EU for customs reasons.
    Did anyone else's jacket arrive with retail price tags? Mine did, but 007JBDCMWR's didn't. I'mm wondering if the tags were attached only to jackets sent outside the EU for customs reasons.

Or as a mark of those jackets with 33' arms???

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Did anyone else's jacket arrive with retail price tags? Mine did, but 007JBDCMWR's didn't. I'm wondering if the tags were attached only to jackets sent outside the EU for customs reasons.

My arms are NOT 33 feet long. :))

Best not to get ' and " confused. Were you once the Stonehenge set designer for Spinal Tap? :)) :)) :))
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Did anyone else's jacket arrive with retail price tags? Mine did, but 007JBDCMWR's didn't. I'm wondering if the tags were attached only to jackets sent outside the EU for customs reasons.

My arms are NOT 33 feet long. :))

Best not to get ' and " confused. Were you once the Stonehenge set designer for Spinal Tap? :)) :)) :))
    Buddy, Mine still knuckle the ground when I walk

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Very funny M :))

Not sure about the tags but the FedEx rep did say on the phone that the package was marked as €1100 value, so that's going to save me a bunch on Aussie customs fees!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Think im gonna be last! Next DHL is Sat / Collect Monday :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think im gonna be last! Next DHL is Sat / Collect Monday :)

So far about a dozen have confirmed receipt out of 40 or so from ajb who ordered. But, yeah, at least another week for you.