**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    So mine arrived just now - Matt Fedex have had problems at their routing centre in Paris so mine was also a day late.

I also went for a 48 rather than size down and I'm pleased I did. If I had any alteration done it would be in the sleeves - the shoulders, chest and waist are perfect. Will attempt to post photos shortly
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    GS wrote:
    So mine arrived just now - Matt Fedex have had problems at their routing centre in Paris so mine was also a day late.

I also went for a 48 rather than size down and I'm pleased I did. If I had any alteration done it would be in the sleeves - the shoulders, chest and waist are perfect. Will attempt to post photos shortly

Thanks GS. Glad to know the jacket fits you well. Look forward to seeing your pics.
    Cheers.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
    Oh and Simon - you're a legend - thank you
    Some attached photos - size 48

On the third photo I have unbuttoned the sleeve to show the length - in all others the second button on the cuff is used. 1st button on the waist. I could probably lose 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the sleeve if anything

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    junebai89 wrote:
    I'm planning on wearing mine too. Kinda Too hot here in CA at the moment.

If Bond can wear this jacket in the middle of a desert in Bolivia,
    I think you can wear it in California. :007)

You'd be surprised at how cool the Bolivian (Atacama) desert really is, year around.
    GS wrote:
    Some attached photos - size 48

On the third photo I have unbuttoned the sleeve to show the length - in all others the second button on the cuff is used. 1st button on the waist. I could probably lose 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the sleeve if anything

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

Thanks for sharing GS. The fit across the chest, waist and back looks perfect. I see what you mean about the sleeves but to be honest I thought they might be a bit longer. I could probably live with it if mine turn out to be same length. Much appreciated and very helpful. Cheers.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Didn't mean to alarm anyone...it REALLY depends on body type, not size...not everyone who takes a 48 is built the same way. Ultimately I will just be nip and tucking a little and shortening the sleeves.
    The Mantis wrote:
    Didn't mean to alarm anyone...it REALLY depends on body type, not size...not everyone who takes a 48 is built the same way. Ultimately I will just be nip and tucking a little and shortening the sleeves.

Thanks David. I think I was worrying too much, but some of the reactions I have read and the photos posted have allayed my worries on sizing. I look forward to seeing a vlog review.
    Sleeve length alterations were included I recall - Has anyone contacted Luigi to ask about alterations yet?
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    nafets47 wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Add a size 44 to the short run list for me please.

The one you have looks incredible, are you down sizing?

the 44 is for my brother.

mine is a perfect fit at 48.
    so at this point, i'm very curious what the situation is for those who sized their typical size vs those who sized down.

i wonder how many sized typical (and like the fit of their jacket) vs. how many sized down (and also like the fit of their jacket)?

Mantis, it would be nice if you could get your hands on a 46 and see if the full size down is, in fact, what you're looking for or if it's better to tailor your size 48 jacket in the areas that are needed....
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    I ordered normal size and glad I did. There is room for tailoring but going to use it a bit and see how it settles and how I am after getting back in to normal training regime
    One Size down for me wouldve made it smaller than my Royale v3 L, and that is snug, so more wouldve been uncomfortably tight.
    Similar to David in that I may nip / tuck in future, but pretty SA fit for me with a 52 on my 6ft 1 frame, athletic 42 chest and 34 waist
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    I also received my jacket today.

Simon, many thanks for all your hard work and efforts! And thanks to all those who made this possible.

Glad it has arrived. Did you decide on a 50 or 52? Hows the fit?

Hi Steve, in the end I switched also to a size 52 like you and I'm glad I did.

The shoulder seams hit the top of my shoulders. The body and the sleeve length is okay and at the chest (my chest is currently 42"+) the harrington is fitted but not to tight.
    It would be nice to try on a size 50, but I could imagine that it would be very tight. I mean, the inside pockets and the lining begins to be appear through the fabric at size 52. This should be even more noticeable at a size 50.

Only at the lower half and the waist the jacket looks a little to baggy for my taste.
    Maybe I'm going to let it tailored down, but first I will wear it a few times to see whether and how the fit changes.
    And I am afraid it will lose the typical harrington jacket silhouette by this alteration.

isju5ez6.jpg

So, when I consider that this kind of jacket is more suitable for more stocky built guys (like Craig), I'm quite happy with the fit.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Looks great Tintin. -{

Like Mark I could do a tuck here and there on my 52. My 40 chest means there is room in the jacket's chest, but my 6'5" height with wide shoulders, long arms, and 34 waist would have made sizing down to a 50 problematic at best. Right now the shoulders and sleeve length is great, but a 50 may have been too short in the sleeves.

While the chest on my 52 is a half inch bigger pit to pit than my Royale V1, the waist is half an inch smaller. A 50's waist would have risked being too small.

The Tom Ford is also .75 inches longer than my Royale. So it fits a hair bigger, but still smaller than the Royale V2 size Large I briefly owned.

So I too will wear it and see how it does, but I really can't see needing alterations. Going for fitted would make me look like a midnight blue beanpole. :))
  • Matt BMatt B Posts: 367MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    Tintin wrote:
    I also received my jacket today.

Simon, many thanks for all your hard work and efforts! And thanks to all those who made this possible.

The shoulder seams hit the top of my shoulders. The body and the sleeve length is okay and at the chest (my chest is currently 42"+) the harrington is fitted but not to tight.
    It would be nice to try on a size 50, but I could imagine that it would be very tight. I mean, the inside pockets and the lining begins to be appear through the fabric at size 52. This should be even more noticeable at a size 50.

Only at the lower half and the waist the jacket looks a little to baggy for my taste.
    Maybe I'm going to let it tailored down, but first I will wear it a few times to see whether and how the fit changes.
    And I am afraid it will lose the typical harrington jacket silhouette by this alteration.

isju5ez6.jpg

So, when I consider that this kind of jacket is more suitable for more stocky built guys (like Craig), I'm quite happy with the fit.

Wow! I wouldn't change a thing, you look the part!
    Tintin, that's your size. I think it would be way better to have a tailor make small alterations to this size than to size down.

Mine fits a little more sung in certain parts but that's because of weight training. As Mantis said, your body type in terms of chest and shoulder fullness and in terms of waist size will be a big factor in fit for this jacket.

The jacket has tapered lines; both from shoulder to waist and from shoulder to sleeve cuff.

But the overall cut is not a slim-fit. It's a classic cut that has Fordian tapering to the waist.

Mantis, if you go with a 46 i think you may suffer the fate of a smaller jacket but one that isn't fitted properly in your "48" parts...We all need to also remember that this isn't like a sweater or a jacket with stretch... the twill of this cotton is not particularly elastic...

I'm actually going to officially revise my submission for a 44 for my brother and go with his usual 46... he can then tailor it down if he wants a bit of a nip and tuck...
    Ya, I hear ya....like others have said I am going to wear it for a few months and then decide on any alterations...Luigi said there is no end date to getting the sleeves tailored....just keep your receipt etc...
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I sized down from 56 to a 54. The torso has room and looks slim and tailored. I would fit in the 56 perfect, but I would have to get the torso and chest taken in a little or it will look like I have a belly. And the jacket doesn't have elasticity like my other Harrington so I'm scared to get the umbrella look to the jacket. If I can fit in 54 TF these jackets do run larger. These Run bigger than the G9 Baracuta in some way, and the G9 has very generous torso. I am 6'2 and 230lb size54 literally looks bespoke in fit and comfort.

Also it's the look you want from the movie. I didn't know people wanted to get the bar scene look. I wanted the fit of the end of the movie.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Well I went with "bar" look as my jacket will always be in that condition...
    The desert look is beaten and has lost its shape (and probably tailored in every way possible to fit DCs honed physique)...
    I think we have to be careful with what you imagine. I can ask my barber for a Brad Pitt haircut, but I wont look like him with it. Same goes for clothes, without DCs exact shape we cant look exactly the same. Just a representation and the knowledge you are wearing the same jacket...
    Congrats to all the lucky few and big thanks to Simon
    Enjoy everyone, remember to eat the peppers :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    The 54 is not small on me. It is still fits like a Harrington but looks and feels bespoke. I can wear the skyfall Npeal sweater under and still be fine.

-I hope simon get's his soon. I remember always that QoS Bond was the best dressed... And we get to be part of it now. Thanks again Simon!!!!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    A couple weeks back I reviewed this entire tread. Madness I tell you! :))

Here's a brief timeline recap, just to show how long and involved this process has been. The actual work put in by Simon has been massive and must have begun months before we learned a run of the Harrington was even a possibility.

The Long and Winding Road

6 Feb 2016: Ross starts tread announcing possible group MTOs with Tom Ford Milan, the QoS Harrington along with the Spectre TF Morocco knit tie.

14 Feb 2016: Ross announces a possible stumbling block with the Harrington. Work continues on the successful tie group buy.

20 July 2016: Simon starts a new interest thread for the QoS Harrington Project. At this time the estimated price was €2000.

26 Jul 2016: Interested parties pass 30. Information on interest sent to TF Milan.

17 Aug 2016; Interested parties passes 40.

30 Aug 2016: TF Milan announces minimum order of 50 needed for the project to be a go.

29 Sept 2016: Final pricing announced of €1990 for EU residents and €1631.15 for non EU residents.

10 Oct 2016. Revised confirmation numbers drop to 34. Project announced on James Bond Lifestyle.

31 Oct 2016: First pictures of prototype posted. Confirmed list at 41.

10 Nov 2015: David Z. receives prototype.

12 Nov 2016: DZ posts the Tom Ford QoS Harington Project Vlog to Youtube.

14 Nov 2016: Confirmed interested number passes 53.

27 Nov 2016: Tom Ford Quantum of Solace Harrington Project is an official GO.

9 Dec 2016: Tom Ford Milan contacts interested buyers. June 2017 given as estimated delivery date. Much debate about sizing continues.

22 Dec 2016: Payment authorization at 17 of 50 needed.

29 Dec 2016: Payment authorization at 25.

9 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 37.

14 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 42.

29 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 45.

14 Feb 2017: Payment authorization at 49.

15 Feb 2017: Payment authorization passes 50. Credit cards begin to be charged in the coming weeks.

10 Mar 2017. Deadline for changes to order closes.

21 Mar 2017: TF Milan announces order launched.

26 April 2017: Delivery date expected for mid June.

20 June 2017: Delivery date to store delayed until 28-29 June.

30 June 2017: 007JBDCMWR is first person to receive FedEx notification of impending delivery.

3 July 2017: MattB is the first to receive the QoS Harrington.
    Wow.... This was amazing.

Time flies but all the work that went in to make this come fruition was insane. I'm lucky to have been part of it. Thank you all.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    A very big year, wow! Definitely honoured to have been part of it all. Nothing could've happened without Simon's hard work though, so can't thank you enough mate -{
  • WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Matt B wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

The length of the arms on line isn't dissimilar to yours. I'm wondering whether to get them shortened or not?

isju5ez6.jpg

• WardlemWardlem Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Wardlem wrote:
    Matt B wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

isju5ez6.jpg

The length of the arms on line isn't dissimilar to yours. I'm wondering whether to get them shortened or not?
  • Now onto the quantum polo!!

What do you think Mantis?

Too soon? :)
    Stay tuned......
    MrE wrote:
    Now onto the quantum polo!!

What do you think Mantis?

Too soon? :)
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Firstly to Simon who made this happen...a sincere thank you to you sir. Your efforts are appreciated.

Arrived home from travels today to finally check out the jacket. It is lovely...

I sized down to a 48. The waist is similar to the Royale Medium, which is fitted on me. The chest has a little more room along with the bicep area. Sleeve length is also longer.

But I'm happy I sized down as I wanted a slim look. I guess it is up to each wearer what look they want. Here are some pics, hopefully this helps others regarding sizing.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Aside from the bizzare mirror tiles in that photo, your jacket looks awesome ! As do most of members actually . Well done all !
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    Aside from the bizzare mirror tiles in that photo, your jacket looks awesome ! As do most of members actually . Well done all !

:)) I rent so a "style" choice by the owners...

But thanks I'm really happy with the jacket. Was so worried ordering off a size chart when spending so much...