**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Actually...

Welshboy's logic is a lot simpler.

Probably why he ended up with the right size and I ended up with the wrong. :))
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    If you are unsure about sizing, wouldn't it make more sense to get your normal size and get it tailored by TF if need be, instead of hoping that by sizing down you get a perfect fit? -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • The one thing they can't change is the overall length of the jacket.

I believe Blair's screen used jacket measures 21 inches armpit to armpit which corresponds to a size 46 on the size chart.

It's just my 2 pennies, but I think this jacket runs big.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Payment form to Luigi has been sent. :)
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I agree
    MrE wrote:
    The one thing they can't change is the overall length of the jacket.

I believe Blair's screen used jacket measures 21 inches armpit to armpit which corresponds to a size 46 on the size chart.

It's just my 2 pennies, but I think this jacket runs big.
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    Payment form to Luigi has been sent. :)

Me too today -{

how many are we now?
  • I'll be submitting my order soon. It would be nice to let go of mine from the first batch before I do. Size 50.

If a member on here would like it, message me, as it would be nice to keep this project somewhat exclusive.
    A buyer on ebay is very interested in it, so if a member on here wants it, let me know within the next couple of days. Thanks.
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Payment form sent this morning.

Current submissions:

-BondClothing
    -MAGR007
    -McQueen
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    I'll be in on this, having a hard time understanding the sizing.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:

Use the sizing chart and measure one of your best fit jackets to compare and choose
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Use the sizing chart and measure one of your best fit jackets to compare and choose

Thanks. Who do I contact to pay? I see Luigi mentioned but I am new here and have no idea who he is or how to contact to get my name on the list. Should be able to take care of measurements tonight.
    ZChauvin wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Thanks. Who do I contact to pay? I see Luigi mentioned but I am new here and have no idea who he is or how to contact to get my name on the list. Should be able to take care of measurements tonight.
    lbd@tomfordinternational.com
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:

Ask and those of us with the jacket will be happy to assist.
    ZChauvin wrote:

Ask and those of us with the jacket will be happy to assist.

Well, the issue is I don't really have any jackets muchless anything I'd be willing to measure off of. I Have a relatively athletic build, 5'9" with 41" chest and 32" waist. I'm think a 50 would be correct, but I've read to size up and tailor so kind of nervous about the size since I don't have much to compare for accurate sizing.
    ZChauvin wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Thank you, unfortunately I've gotten a message saying the email cannot go through. I'm in the US if that makes a difference?
  • ZChauvin,

I sent you a message.
    MrE wrote:
    ZChauvin,

I sent you a message.

Pm replied!
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:
    ZChauvin wrote:

Thank you, unfortunately I've gotten a message saying the email cannot go through. I'm in the US if that makes a difference?

Correct email is ldb@tomfordinternational.com not lbd....
    Had a nice conversation with the GM of the Beverly Hills boutique. He mentioned that some people there were upset to have missed the initial order. I told him about the reorder, so that should add to the number of people getting the jacket this time around.
    Had a nice conversation with the GM of the Beverly Hills boutique. He mentioned that some people there were upset to have missed the initial order. I told him about the reorder, so that should add to the number of people getting the jacket this time around.
    You mean average joes popped into the store and asked if they had it?
    Don't know exactly. May be employees. The GM seemed very familiar with the "Bond Harrington". I'm sure people are still finding David's vlog.
  • TroyIkedaTroyIkeda Los Angeles Posts: 231MI6 Agent
    Don't know exactly. May be employees. The GM seemed very familiar with the "Bond Harrington". I'm sure people are still finding David's vlog.
    Yes, I had the same conversation with him. His name is Charles by the way, and is very familiar with all things Bond, Craig-era and before as well. He wanted a run for the store to display as well, so this is potentially an item we may see brought back to retail in the future, all thanks to Simon and this forum! I had mentioned the SA polo to him as well and said he would be in 100% to back the project. (On a side note, I am starting my journey with the Tom Ford brand by being a part of the beauty and fragrance team, however hoping soon to transition to the Beverly Hills Boutique. So I definitely hope to revive some of the SA Bond pieces as well!)
    TroyIkeda wrote:
    Yes, I had the same conversation with him. His name is Charles by the way, and is very familiar with all things Bond, Craig-era and before as well. He wanted a run for the store to display as well, so this is potentially an item we may see brought back to retail in the future, all thanks to Simon and this forum! I had mentioned the SA polo to him as well and said he would be in 100% to back the project. (On a side note, I am starting my journey with the Tom Ford brand by being a part of the beauty and fragrance team, however hoping soon to transition to the Beverly Hills Boutique. So I definitely hope to revive some of the SA Bond pieces as well!)

Very interesting, Troy. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Bond Harrington" made it to retail by Bond 25. A jacket on display at the boutique would certainly drum up interest from the clientele that don't frequent Bond forums.

Congrats on joining Tom Ford. -{
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Many thanks to Simon and all the people who helped behind the scenes.
    It would be fantastic if the relaunch of the TF polo could start -{
    So this jacket more than likely won't be as exclusive as it seems.
    Right now it'll be 60 or so people with the jacket. Even if Tom Ford eventually sells it it won't be as ubiquitous as Levi's trucker jacket or a Burberry raincoat. It was never about exclusivity for me but a SA item.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Cant see TF relaunching this jacket in shops to be honest.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cant see TF relaunching this jacket in shops to be honest.

They were always doing their various Harrington models in low runs. By contrast the Solden seems produced in high (for TF) numbers.
    For those that ordered in old run in US, what are the complications with shipping and taxes/duties?
    ZChauvin wrote:
    For those that ordered in old run in US, what are the complications with shipping and taxes/duties?

Shipping went smoothly for most. I had paid for vertical box but was sent the standard box. Difference in price was refunded. No tracking was ever sent.

Customs.... :s :#

Tom Ford Milan checked the box stating the jackets were for commercial use. In effect, they classified the buyer as a commercial reseller, making the entire cost subject to duties. The personal exemption of $800 was not applied. I am still trying to work with Milan to rectify this. Trying to make them understand that commercial use is different from commercial transactions and a commercial transaction can be for personal use. Personal use does not mean gift.

Even if it's too late for us, hopefully they will course correct for the short run and the polo project.