**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I finally received mine, does anyone have a size 48 that they could give actual measurements of? I went for a size 50 but think I could have got away with a 48.
    Thanks
    Ross
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yeah, I could see you in a 48
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Doh will be an expensive month think I'm going to order the 48 too
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    The 48 fits me like a glove, if that's any help. Loo-eej ordered me a 48 by mistake, after guiding me to a 50. Tried both of in TF Sloane Street. Thank goodness he made the error, as the 48 is perfect, bar sleeve length.

B
  • The 48 fits me like a glove, if that's any help. Loo-eej ordered me a 48 by mistake, after guiding me to a 50. Tried both of in TF Sloane Street. Thank goodness he made the error, as the 48 is perfect, bar sleeve length.

B

Is there a chance that there are inconsistencies with sizes of this jacket even if the tag states the same size?

I thought Mantis and Meesta Bawnd wore the same size.
    ?
    Yeah, mine is too baggy...not a good fit.
  • The Mantis wrote:
    Yeah, mine is too baggy...not a good fit.

Is Meesta Bawnd's 48 slimmer than yours?

I don't know if I should order a 48 or 46,

Someone gave me the measurements of their 52,
    and they were smaller than my 50.

I saw a couple of your videos Mantis, where you wore a size small in the Y-3 jacket, and medium in Varvatos. Those are my sizes as well.

What do you suggest? I really want to get it right this time.
    I would hate to steer you wrong but if I had to do it over again I would NOT hesitate to order a 46....the way my jacket is right now is not optimal to be honest.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    I'm having the sleeve altered at the mo. As soon as it's in my hands ( which could be a couple of weeks, as Luigi is on his hols), I'll post photos. But maybe I'm just carrying a little "condition"...I'm a 40" chest and 5'8", with a 31" waist. I'm a 48 in most things, and a medium, again, in most things (Barbour/JV/Matchless etc.) Luigi dithered a bit re shoulder sizes, but, really, the 48, barring the sleeves, as I mentioned, fitted like it was bespoke.

Hope this helps,

Blair
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    I'm having the sleeve altered at the mo. As soon as it's in my hands ( which could be a couple of weeks, as Luigi is on his hols), I'll post photos. But maybe I'm just carrying a little "condition"...I'm a 40" chest and 5'8", with a 31" waist. I'm a 48 in most things, and a medium, again, in most things (Barbour/JV/Matchless etc.) Luigi dithered a bit re shoulder sizes, but, really, the 48, barring the sleeves, as I mentioned, fitted like it was bespoke.

Hope this helps,

Blair

According to Blair, the Harrington fits true to size.
    I'm now a bit puzzled because I wear the same size as Mr Mantis.
    I will take some more pictures....
  • I believe the screen used jacket, was a bit
    snug on meesta bawnd...which corresponds
    on the size chart to a 46.

It seems as though the sizing of the harrington
    is similar to the original shawl cardigan in QoS,
    in that it's more of a classic cut than a modern
    slim tailored one.

That's assuming that there's consistency among the tags.

P.S. thanks for the responses, they do help.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

Hope this helps,

Blair

Meesta Bond,

i'm about a 40.25"chest (actual measurement) and 5'9" with about 32 waist. 48 in most, medium in most... my jacket's sleeves are a touch wide but then that is the look from the film. in every pic of craig and in the movie, the sleeves are not "barbour" slim. so i've decided to keep SA for now until it becomes irksome, if ever. If my jacket was loose in the waist and body, i'd size down for sure...

but Mantis must have leaned out recently because he and i are pretty close in size... ;) if i were to do a 46 there is no way jacket would close at the waist...
  • SenorJon21SenorJon21 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Finally received my jacket after returning home. I ordered a size 50 and I am decently happy with it. I am an L in the Barbour Commander, Billy Reid, Matchless jacket, wear a 50 in the QOS Cardigan and can move between a 50 and 52 in Tom Ford suiting depending on the cut (although I have recently gotten a bit broader due to some work in the gym, so the 50s have been a bit more snug on me). I believe I am about a 41" chest, 33 waist, 6'3".

The jacket fits quite well albeit a tad bit snug around the chest and shoulders when zipped all the way up. I do find when I raise my arms the jacket will lift 1/3 of the way up my torso. My biggest gripe would be the jacket seems a tad bit on the short side for me ending right after where a belt would sit, but it is only a minor issue and I feel it still looks fine. I am a bit curious if I should have sprung for the 52, but overall I can say I am quite happy. Maybe a 50L would have been perfect if offered :))

I'll put some pictures up shortly :) I must say it feels great to finally get my hands on this jacket after such long anticipation. I don't think I have been this excited to receive a clothing item before!
  • This is why I'm so baffled...I actually have a 42 chest, and the exact measurement of my size 50
    was (46 inches) Exactly 23 inches across. I know it would have been skin-tight on someone with a 46 chest,
    and you typically want a couple of inches of wiggle room,
    but I'm almost wondering if Mantis and I received jackets that had the wrong tags placed in them...

Meesta Bawnd,

How does your size 48 fit you in comparision to the screen used one that you have?
    Thanks in advance.
  • monstermonster Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    MrE

I think Tom Ford's Chart is 100% accurate and there is no inconsistency in their sizes.
    The only inconsistencies that I have seen is how people have measured their garments.

You said you have measured your Jacket and the Half Chest measurement is 23" (x2 = 46")
    THE Chart says 58cm for a Size 50. (58cm = 22.8", which is almost exactly what you have measured)

There should be NO CONFUSION ...... just look at the Chart and you won't go wrong.

Dave
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    My credit card got charged earlier today, anyone else?

Also while I was skimming through the comments, I tried to gather this summary from the several members to help figure out the sizing. I'm picking size 52 myself, but also confused if I should go for 50 or not.

Name Chest Height Size (purchased) Ideal Size Actual jacket chest measurement
    Meesta Bawnd 40 5'8" 50 48
    Westword Drift 41 6'5" 52 52 23" (58-59 cm)
    SenorJon21 41 6'3" 50 50L or 52?
    MrE 42 50 48? 23"
    The Mantis 48 46

If there's any mistakes, please correct me
    MAGR007 wrote:
    fleiter wrote:
    Payment form sent this morning as well

Current submissions:
    -BondClothing
    -MAGR007
    -McQueen
    -fleiter
    -
    -
    -

-{
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    edited August 2017
    fleiter wrote:
    No charge for me yet. As for sizing, I'm going with a 54 (thanks for the input Welshboy).
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    fleiter wrote:
    mine too -{ -{
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    I'm 6'2 236lb 43' chest I got a 54. I normally wear 56-58 in current TF garments.
  • Fleiter,

What Monster said was fairly spot on. I would go by the chart.

The problem with collecting info from others is you run into variables.

1.) Not everyone knows how to accurately measure garments.
    2.) Not everyone knows how to accurately measure their chest size.
    (you wrap measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest and the tips of your shoulder
    blades, without the tape being loose neither tight)
    3.) Let's face it, not everyone has the physic of Daniel Craig
    (what might fit in the chest, might not fit in the waist, or even if you have the right size, because of that, it might not look right to you)
    4.) Someone's height and the length of the garment.
    (that changes things)
    5.) Not everyone has the same idea of what an "ideal fit" looks like.
    (Someone might call their fit "perfect" and you might prefer a more fitted look or relaxed)

Conclusion: Go with the size chart. The only reason I didn't the first time around is because there was some confusion with the prototype and I thought the size chart had to be a mistake.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Dead right, as covered earlier, the side seams are slightly forward.
    Tom Ford 08 garments are a looser fit. As seen in qos, the suits and cardi and Harrington are a more usable day to day (still exquisitely tailored though) fit...
    My 52 is just a little looser than id like, but the 50 wouldve been too snug. But my 52 will be perfect for my 6.1 frame 42 chest 34/5 waist with 1-2 inch tuck...
    Same as my large JV, 1 inch out the side will make it mtm!
    Lets be honest, DC has a perfectly honed physique and all his clothes are screen tailored.
    So always going to look different...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • rcwtomrcwtom Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone
    I've just received my jacket back from TF Sloane Sq London.
    I was originally concerned that my TF 48 felt too big under the arms, bicep and sleeve length compared to my Royale V3 Medium.
    Decided to see what the TF tailor recommended. in the end I just opted for sleeve shortening. Its actually transformed the jacket, it feels a lot better now, it just fits well, yes still a little big under the arms, but not as noticeable. Also the wider biceps not that much of an issue either. I've put the sleeves onto the inner button to make the opening tigher.
    I was concerned that I would have to sell it and order a 46, but the jacket fits well now. Yes its not as slim fitting as the Royale, but I have both jackets so can wear them on different occasions, depending on the look that I'm going for, also with the TF I can layer a jumper under it, not so much with the Royale.

Very happy with the changes.
    Here are some photos.

TF adjusted Front and Back

TF2.jpg

TF1.jpg

Royale V3 Medium Front and Back

TF3.jpg

TF4.jpg

TF before alterations

TF5.jpg

Now that I've got the jacket adjusted and its fitting well, I've looked at the measurements for a 46 and I'm thinking the waist maybe too tight. So I'm happy with my 48 after the sleeve adjustment.
    One other thing, I was given a new jacket bag and wooden hanger when I picked up my jacket from TF, so if anyone else is getting their jacket adjusted, take it in without you bag and hanger :)

Cheer
    Richard
  • junebai89junebai89 Posts: 172MI6 Agent
    Congrats. Looks great!!!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Richard, looks good! {[]

Very interesting to see what only adjusting the sleeves does to the look of the jacket.
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    6 days left to order the TF Harrington :)
    Hopefully, we have that fifth person who's submitted their payment info to Luigi already
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    Well, they already processed the payments so I guess we should be good, right?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    fleiter wrote:

I can't see Luigi processing payments without at least five people confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple buyers connected to the Tom Ford Boutique in L.A.
    fleiter wrote:

Mine was never processed.