**UPDATED PAGE 39: TF QoS SA Harrington Jacket Run**

Comments

• Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Cant see TF relaunching this jacket in shops to be honest.

Would be weird to rerelease a jacket from a 2008 movie for the general public seeing that it's being purchased by mostly hardcore Bond fans. I know Tom Ford is Tom Ford but Baracuta is the iconic harrington for most and has all the movie star appeal. Plus you could buy an entire set of colors for the same price as a Tom Ford :))

I think this item will stay within the Bond community. It's an awesome, rugged jacket though and even if it didn't have a Bond connection I'd instantly be drawn to it so I do see a general appeal in that sense.
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    ZChauvin wrote:
    For those that ordered in old run in US, what are the complications with shipping and taxes/duties?

Shipping went smoothly for most. I had paid for vertical box but was sent the standard box. Difference in price was refunded. No tracking was ever sent.

Customs.... :s :#

Tom Ford Milan checked the box stating the jackets were for commercial use. In effect, they classified the buyer as a commercial reseller, making the entire cost subject to duties. The personal exemption of $800 was not applied. I am still trying to work with Milan to rectify this. Trying to make them understand that commercial use is different from commercial transactions and a commercial transaction can be for personal use. Personal use does not mean gift.

Even if it's too late for us, hopefully they will course correct for the short run and the polo project.

Thank you. These are some issues I'm concerned with. I had/have the opportunity to buy a size 50 right now in the states, but after measuring the only somewhat poorly made jacket I have it seems the 50 may be a tad large.. should I try and deal with the shipping, wait time, customs, ect for a 48 or just get the 50 and try to tailor?
  • I feel (for the most part) that TF certainly respects and appreciates their connection to Bond. In the latter movies,
    Bond wears that brand more than any other. TF clearly wanted to be involved with the wardrobe of QoS. Not sure how they won that spot, but they did. There are other brands that clearly couldn't care less about profits due to Bond or riding on the success of movies, such as Neil Barrett, Y-3 adidas, to name a couple. Then you have brands going the opposite direction, milking it for all it's worth, realizing there's a market for this demographic, such as Billy Reid, N. Peal, and worst of all 'Shameless'
    Opps, must have mispronounced it. I meant 'Matchless.' ;%

Speaking of which, you guys better hurry up and buy the Craig Blouson! I hear it's a limited edition. :p
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Milking it for all its worth? Do you mean that in a bad way?
  • No, I mean it as in they are very smart. Those companies are making great profit based on the Bond connection.
    It's also nice that they respond to the requests of the fans.
    Matchless however, needs to stop calling the Craig Blouson a limited edition jacket.
    I still come across people who insist that only 700 have been made. I just drop it at that point and let them think whatever they want to. Who am I to burst their bubbles?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Agreed, but then Matchless has clearly some issues starting from their leadership down....
  • The Mantis wrote:
    Agreed, but then Matchless has clearly some issues starting from their leadership down....

Which is a shame, because old Belstaff is one of my favorite brands. Matchless isn't even half the company that Belstaff was. IMO. If you go to matchless' website, you'd think you stumbled onto the Halloween section of your local grocery store. Terminator? Avengers? Star wars?

I mean it's great they have movie placement, but come on, try to be a little more tasteful about it.
  • rcwtomrcwtom Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys
    I've just received my jacket, I was number 51 on the initial order, managed to message Luigi just after the confirmed 50.
    Anyway thanks to Simon and everyone else involved getting this jacket.
    This is a fantastic jacket.
    I ordered a size 48 and comparing it to my Royale V3 Medium, its actually about an inch wider in the body and maybe 1/2 inch wider in the sleeves, so I could have sized down to a 46.
    Is there anyone on here that lives in London UK that happened to buy a 46 and wants to swap for a 48?
    Also has anyone been into the TF Sloane Street store to get alterations made to the jacket? what did you get done and how much did they charge, am I right in thinking arm length adjustment is free?

Thanks Richard
  • Sterling ArcherSterling Archer Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    No, I mean it as in they are very smart. Those companies are making great profit based on the Bond connection.
    Matchless however, needs to stop calling the Craig Blouson a limited edition jacket.
    I still come across people who insist that only 700 have been made. I just drop it at that point and let them think whatever they want to. Who am I to burst their bubbles?

I just bought one and didn't realize they actually made more than 700 :/. Oh well, I bought it because I love the jacket. It stood out so much in the film. How does that work anyway? I thought they all have a number out of 700 inside the jacket so are you suggesting that they have duplicate numbers or jackets without the numbering. I know companies that release "limited editions" and then release pretty much the exact same product due to huge demand without the numbering. Usually, the non-limited edition is somehow lower quality as well and of course less desirable.

I'd be curious for everyone to post their number out of 700 to see if somehow there is actually duplicates out there. You could potentially sue Matchless for something like that.

Well, I just went on their site and there is no mention of limited to 700 http://www.matchlesslondon.com/en/craig-blouson-15465.html. You'd think that would be there for everyone to see. They do have a picture where it shows the number out of 700 though...

Interesting side note, I once purchased a highly sought after artbook that was very limited after it had been sold out. I think there was an error on the site and it allowed me to purchase a copy. Rather then cancel my order, they sent me one of their promotion/marketing copies with a number of 00/200. I was more than happy with it considering the book sold for 3-4x the retail price and later when I decided it was time to sell I made a very pretty penny.

Also had a question for the people who are purchasing this. Is this purely for collecting purposes? I'm assuming the people who are willing to shell out 2000 euros for this jacket probably purchased the Royale replica. By all accounts, that's a very accurate replica with great quality. So in the looks department, I don't think you'd be missing out on much. Just asking out of curiosity. I'm sure a few of you will be rocking your TF with pride.

Personally, I love our replica community but only the well-respected quality ones like Royale. The countless cheap knockoffs/replicas I can do without.
  • My apologies. I feel this derailing is my doing.

This thread's purpose is to tally up all who are interested in a second run of the Tom Ford QoS harrington jacket.

Matchless initially only planned on making 700 Craig Blousons, but when they realized there was such a huge demand for it, they decided to make it a staple in their permanent collection. The quality is the same, whether it is numbered or not. Hope that puts your mind at ease.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    No, I mean it as in they are very smart. Those companies are making great profit based on the Bond connection.

The beige one is limited to 700, they're numbered. Not the others.
  • MAGR007MAGR007 Posts: 80MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    MrE wrote:

The beige one is limited to 700, they're numbered. Not the others.

I cannot care less. you are in the wrong thread. i consider it extremely disturbing that some people cannot respect simple rules and/or are too ignorant to understand how disturbing this is for other people.
    I was replying to the other poster who was referring to it. Some people do care.
    McQueen wrote:
    Payment form sent this morning.

Current submissions:

-BondClothing
    -MAGR007
    -McQueen

anyone else?
    rcwtom wrote:
    Hi Guys
    I've just received my jacket, I was number 51 on the initial order, managed to message Luigi just after the confirmed 50.
    I ordered a size 48 and comparing it to my Royale V3 Medium, its actually about an inch wider in the body and maybe 1/2 inch wider in the sleeves, so I could have sized down to a 46.
    Is there anyone on here that lives in London UK that happened to buy a 46 and wants to swap for a 48?
    Also has anyone been into the TF Sloane Street store to get alterations made to the jacket? what did you get done and how much did they charge, am I right in thinking arm length adjustment is free?

Thanks Richard

Hi guys, not sure if this was lost because of the Craig Blouson discussion, is anyone able to help?
    I'm a bit worried about adjusting my 48, may order a 46 and sell my 48 when the new jacket arrives.
    I'm thinking the overall aesthetics of the jacket would change if I adjust the body of the 48 too much.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    rcwtom wrote:
    rcwtom wrote:
    Hi Guys

Thanks Richard

Hi guys, not sure if this was lost because of the Craig Blouson discussion, is anyone able to help?
    I'm a bit worried about adjusting my 48, may order a 46 and sell my 48 when the new jacket arrives.
    I'm thinking the overall aesthetics of the jacket would change if I adjust the body of the 48 too much.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    rcwtom wrote:
    rcwtom wrote:
    Hi Guys

Thanks Richard

Please move this discussion to another thread.

Why? This is a valid question about alterations vs reordering the Harrington.
    rcwtom wrote:
    oh wow. Force of habit.

Please move this discussion to another thread.

Why? This is a valid question about alterations vs reordering the Harrington.
    oh wow. Force of havit
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    rcwtom is referring to the Harrington
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Thanks guys, yes my question is about Harrington alterations.
    I've now done some more comparisons with my Royale V3 Medium against the TF 48, basically the bicep in the TF is much bigger and there is additional material under the arm pit, so I'm guessing the chest is slightly bigger.
    Looking at the sizing chart, even if I ordered the 46 I would still need to adjust the arms as they are not that much smaller than the 48.
    Will go into TF Sloane Street this week to see what they say.
    oh wow. Force of havit

Very revealing.
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    rcwtom wrote:
    Thanks guys, yes my question is about Harrington alterations.
    I've now done some more comparisons with my Royale V3 Medium against the TF 48, basically the bicep in the TF is much bigger and there is additional material under the arm pit, so I'm guessing the chest is slightly bigger.
    Looking at the sizing chart, even if I ordered the 46 I would still need to adjust the arms as they are not that much smaller than the 48.
    Will go into TF Sloane Street this week to see what they say.

Hi Richard - I'm going to go in this week to Sloane Street for a sleeve alteration, which we don't have to pay for. I too am a similar size to you - shame they didn't make a 47! Will let you know what they say about other alteration costs as I will ask when I'm there.
  • MAGR007, BondClothing,

I know you two were not part of the original project, which was much more difficult and painstaking than this second run. We had to hit 50 orders instead of 5, and it was drawn out much longer than 1 month.
    Even if 5 orders come in today, no amount of convincing will change Luigi's mind to expedite the date he set.

We have until Sept. 1st before the second batch is finalized, so try to be patient. You don't need to try and drum up interest, Simon and David have already done the hard work. Just sit back and let it happen.
    CRB wrote:
    oh wow. Force of havit

Very revealing.
    What I mean was the Matchless Discussion occurring right then, so I must have read it as correlating to that. :s
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:
    oh wow. Force of havit

Very revealing.

Force of Havit - The reflexive desire for, and purchasing of, Bond memorabilia without regard to want, cost, or personal preference.
  • CRB wrote:
    oh wow. Force of havit

Very revealing.

Force of Havit - The reflexive desire for, and purchasing of, Bond memorabilia without regard to want, cost, or personal preference.

:))
    MrE wrote:
    CRB wrote:

Very revealing.

:))
    Aw, Jeez! :))
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    To the AJB Glossary it goes.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    Payment form sent this morning as well

Current submissions:
    -BondClothing
    -MAGR007
    -McQueen
    -fleiter
    fleiter wrote: