No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Had an email from Alessandro to answer the Norway trousers and belt.

Ciao Chris, the Mauko pant (black corduroy) will be available in November. You can make a pre-order if you want.
    The belt is available but is a special order through Alessandro , mine was delivered the next day its 267 euros all in.
    Gorgeous belt and buckle and slimmer in width which i like .

I got an email from Alessandro today, on Sunday! that he packaged the belt for me. Hopefully the size will be ok as there was only a large and a small left an I went with the large. But this is an absolutely amazing customer service. Almost a bit scary
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    if you were a size 50 in the winch and i had to tailor them waist and length , would the mauko be the same or do I need a 48 because there a bigger fit ?
    Yeah I own both and would say the Mauko trousers are more of a straight fit and the Winch is more tapered.
    Ferinstal wrote:
    I actually own the Winch SA and the Sloop SA as well as the Nero Lavato Sloop - which I bought for €400 in the sale from ‘Todgers’ in Edinburgh!! :))

I would say your descriptions are spot on BA, with the slight exception that I find the Sloop trouser a slightly looser fit than the Winch.

The cord on all of them is absolutely beautiful though. I’m pleased the weather has cooled off in the UK now so I can start to wear them regularly.
    007 reporting for duty
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    I can remember that the pants from the Sloop Suit had unfinished endings and a tailor had to adjust the length (they had an inseam-length about 37inches or so) I wonder and hope that these goes for for the Maukos too because I often have the problem that pants are too short for me
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    if you were a size 50 in the winch and i had to tailor them waist and length , would the mauko be the same or do I need a 48 because there a bigger fit ?
    Yeah I own both and would say the Mauko trousers are more of a straight fit and the Winch is more tapered.
    Ferinstal wrote:
    I actually own the Winch SA and the Sloop SA as well as the Nero Lavato Sloop - which I bought for €400 in the sale from ‘Todgers’ in Edinburgh!! :))

I would say your descriptions are spot on BA, with the slight exception that I find the Sloop trouser a slightly looser fit than the Winch.

The cord on all of them is absolutely beautiful though. I’m pleased the weather has cooled off in the UK now so I can start to wear them regularly.

I guess that depends how much you had to tailor the Winch when you got them Chris.

As Noi says, with the suit the trousers were unfinished on the legs - as young would expect with a suit trouser. I would expect the Mauko to be finished when sold separately.

Honestly, I’d give Alessandro a shout. He will be able to help you. His advice (like sizing down on the duster etc) is normally spot on.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I got an email from Alessandro today, on Sunday! that he packaged the belt for me. Hopefully the size will be ok as there was only a large and a small left an I went with the large. But this is an absolutely amazing customer service. Almost a bit scary

Don’t be scared! Their response and turnaround time on orders is exceptional.

I know Massimo Alba got a lot of stick on this forum (mostly justified) about the changes to the Duster coat buttons / pocket location from the SA version but they have always been very good on responding to emails and billing quickly.

Enjoy the belt. I ordered one and it’s a great piece of leather but I prefer a wider belt, so ended up sending it back to Mr Porter - who were neither quick or responsive to refund me! Took me 10 weeks and many emails to get my money back. Never again...
    Yes. Considerably.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Does anyone have an N Peal Commando sweater FS, size medium?

Please PM -{
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:

Please PM -{

Not sure if it helps but there is currently a 15% off code with them
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
    JG007 wrote:

Please PM -{

Again? seems like the sweater is not selling well x)
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:

Please PM -{

Where can i get this 15% off coupon?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    the MAX2 Belt is now available at the MA online shop and has also been added to the Special Edition Collection

https://www.massimoalba.com/en/eshop/uomo/soft-baby-corduroy-special-edition.html
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    the MAX2 Belt is now available at the MA online shop and has also been added to the Special Edition Collection

https://www.massimoalba.com/en/eshop/uomo/soft-baby-corduroy-special-edition.html

Too bad they don't offer it in brown :# Is the sizing compared to the Prada belt from QOS?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    edited September 2020
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Too bad they don't offer it in brown :# Is the sizing compared to the Prada belt from QOS?

ye it seems that he wears that Belt with the Drakes and the Moltons, both brown shoes :s

I own Size L the length to the third hole (including the buckle) is 101cm, without the buckle 93cm, full length is 115cm

Mr. Porter has size S and L in stock again

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/product/massimo-alba/accessories/leather-belts/3cm-leather-belt/10516758728383563
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    I would go for the same size in both, the difference in fit is not very dramatic at all.
    I suppose you should go with a 48 in the Mauko trousers if you feel strongly that a 48 in the Winch would have been better for you.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:

Please PM -{

Yeah the 15% off would work to be fair ! Where can I take advantage and thanks for the heads up :)

-{
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Clearer shot of the V8 garage outfit. Looks like jeans and a pair of unknown boots/shoes—any ideas?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFtxARxpwYV/?igshid=b9rpoz4g4fgy
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Hmmm not digging the turn ups on the jeans....big enough to sail a boat in those!! Turnups on selvedge jeans are only supposed to be minimal
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    Well, he has recently been sailing a boat! :D
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    The pic. Hopefully a larger resolution is released. ...we also get a nice shot of the many Bollinger boxes as well.

120465638-197248608468783-1787362577124681550-n.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Hmmm not digging the turn ups on the jeans....big enough to sail a boat in those!! Turnups on selvedge jeans are only supposed to be minimal

I think this is one of the outfits where we have James Bond dressed as Daniel Craig instead of the other way around.

Craig has always favored cuffing his jeans, and I have never understood why as it shortens a man's perceived height. It's also a look that doesn't age well IMHO. A man in his 40s (or 50s!) wearing rolled cuffs can look like he's trying too hard to dress like a man in his early 20s. The same goes with the kicks Craig loves so much.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:

I think this is one of the outfits where we have James Bond dressed as Daniel Craig instead of the other way around.

Craig has always favored cuffing his jeans, and I have never understood why as it shortens a man's perceived height. It's also a look that doesn't age well IMHO. A man in his 40s (or 50s!) wearing rolled cuffs can look like he's trying too hard to dress like a man in his early 20s. The same goes with the kicks Craig loves so much.
    I agree, the RGT jacket is fantastic and I'm sure all the other clothing items are nice as well. But together it just looks like an outfit we've seen on Instagram a thousand times over the years. Which we probably have since the RGT was popular before Craig wore it, usually it goes the other way. That said I would be surprised if this outfit got much screen time anyway.
    its not as dark black as you think , in the different light shades it looks a hint of dark brown. FYI
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Noi wrote:

007 reporting for duty
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    I was really hoping those boots were going to be a pair of Alden Indy's lol (already have those, would have saved me some money).
    JTM wrote:
    The pic. Hopefully a larger resolution is released. ...we also get a nice shot of the many Bollinger boxes as well.

120465638-197248608468783-1787362577124681550-n.jpg
    There you go buddy - alessandro.figliuolo@massimoalba.com
    Not quoted yet but the winch were 255 euros including postage so hopefully about the same
    sunny01 wrote:

Ciao Chris, the Mauko pant (black corduroy) will be available in November. You can make a pre-order if you want.
    The belt is available but is a special order through Alessandro , mine was delivered the next day its 267 euros all in.

Thanks Chris - can you send me Alessandro's email so i can contact him about the trousers? Do you know how much they will be? Thanks.
    007 reporting for duty
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    There you go buddy - alessandro.figliuolo@massimoalba.com
    Not quoted yet but the winch were 255 euros including postage so hopefully about the same
    sunny01 wrote:

Thanks Chris - can you send me Alessandro's email so i can contact him about the trousers? Do you know how much they will be? Thanks.

great, thanks Chris. Much appreciated!
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Honestly, looking at the sole on those boots, they kind of look like Palladium boots.
    edited September 2020
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Honestly, looking at the sole on those boots, they kind of look like Palladium boots.

1.jpg2.jpgPalladium.png

it seems like they have a massive dark/black rubber sole with a cap toe and brown leather and as member Mattia De Varti pointet out earlier you can see the pull loop on the left shoe, Palladiums are a good suggestion but don't you think the characteristic sole of the Palladiums would be better visible?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Its pretty dark, but lightening it up you can see the chunky sole on the heal. My thoughts would be these.

https://palladiumboots.ca/en/pampa-cuff-wp-lux-in-chocolate/

73231-249.00.jpg
    edited September 2020
    they remind me of the Converse DC has worn during the Madagascar Chasing Scene, wasn't there a thread with the question of whether Bond recycles his clothes?
    cl015-converse-jack-purcell-otr.jpg
    hopefully we will get a picture in a better resolution soon

btw
    Brand New R&B Henley XL, SA, 55 Dollars
    https://poshmark.com/listing/Rag-Bone-Standard-Issue-Basic-Henley-5f6c83e4e97e48b264658906
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    IMO, a small, 1" turnup on jeans is acceptable and even appealing. But the above looks straight goofy. And too affected. Which is a strange complaint considering a lot of what Bond wears could be called "affected."
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    No on the rolled / cuffed up jeans. That always comes off as too finicky even for Bond. I can't imagine him sitting down and rolling up his jeans before leaving. Unless the jeans are stitched that way. But I've never seen jeans that are. As far as I know, you only have a tailor cuff your pants after a fitting.
    "Better late than never."