No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Might be my eyes but I'm not convinced they're the Palladium :( Anybody reached out to Palladium yet?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Moltons arrived, very nice and usual exceptional CnJ service and packing
    If only buying all SA, confirmed used stuff was as easy -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Might be my eyes but I'm not convinced they're the Palladium :( Anybody reached out to Palladium yet?

Palladium have a long history of connection to the military so it would make sense that way...but then again, there aren't many aspects of recent Bond wardrobe history that have an explanation.
  • lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    It seems to me that some of these items may represent his existing wardrobe. The tb silk shirt Is the Alfani suede from CR. The cords and Henley are what he wore under sky fall lodge outfit, these boots are the running converse boots from Madagascar. I think they are definitely callbacks imo.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    Everyone has much better definition pics than I can see.

I suppose this definitely isn't the C&J Coniston because - dark brown, cap toe, thick sole - whilst supplied to the production, they've not included it in their marketing?
    It seems to me that some of these items may represent his existing wardrobe. The tb silk shirt Is the Alfani suede from CR. The cords and Henley are what he wore under sky fall lodge outfit, these boots are the running converse boots from Madagascar. I think they are definitely callbacks imo.

Definitely and practically the first thing he was seen in in Jamaica was the Sunspel riviera grey T from his CR yachting days.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Looks to me like the Frye Ryan Lug boots that were mentioned as a budget alternative to the Converse Jack Purcell shoes from CR.

https://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Ryan-Lug-Midlace-Fashion/dp/B00TKOKW3C/ref=sr_1_90?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1452265813&sr=1-90&nodeID=679312011&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391080011&th=1
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Looks to me like the Frye Ryan Lug boots that were mentioned as a budget alternative to the Converse Jack Purcell shoes from CR.

https://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Ryan-Lug-Midlace-Fashion/dp/B00TKOKW3C/ref=sr_1_90?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1452265813&sr=1-90&nodeID=679312011&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391080011&th=1

As the owner of a pair of the Frye boots, I would be deliriously happy if that turns out to be the case.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent

Definitely and practically the first thing he was seen in in Jamaica was the Sunspel riviera grey T from his CR yachting days.

I'm not fully convinced it was intentional. But a point in support would be that even the new Seamaster is basically a vintage'd-up version of his CR SMP.
  • blackhawks1229blackhawks1229 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

As the owner of a pair of the Frye boots, I would be deliriously happy if that turns out to be the case.

Same here! I’m definitely wearing them with jeans and my budget RGT tomorrow!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    Can someone give me advice on sizing of the Drake Crosby's. I wear a size 9uk in Crockett & Jones and Church's so would I need a 9uk or should I size up or down?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Can someone give me advice on sizing of the Drake Crosby's. I wear a size 9uk in Crockett & Jones and Church's so would I need a 9uk or should I size up or down?

You need to size up because ther is little room in the front.
    Some went up half a size, others one size.
    I usually wear 9UK with C&J.
    I needed to go up one size.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Commandant wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

You need to size up because ther is little room in the front.
    Some went up half a size, others one size.
    I usually wear 9UK with C&J.
    I needed to go up one size.

Did you go up a half size or a full size?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    I take an 8.5 in the C&J Moltons, Islays. and Church Rider III's, a 9.5 US in the J Crew Kentons, but I went up to a 9.5UK for the Crosbys. I could fit into the 9UK, but found that the 9.5 were much more comfortable (if ever so slightly too big). Hope that's not too confusing!
    M
    Just to add to your replies
    I bought same size as my CnJ
    I did order a half size up but found the roomier fit meant the inner seams rubbed.
    So whilst the 8.5 was snug, it wasn't uncomfortable. Glad I did as now they have bedded in they are super comfy
    Think if you are a narrow to medium forefoot, go with normal size

edited September 2020
    I take an 8.5 in the C&J Moltons, Islays. and Church Rider III's, a 9.5 US in the J Crew Kentons, but I went up to a 9.5UK for the Crosbys. I could fit into the 9UK, but found that the 9.5 were much more comfortable (if ever so slightly too big). Hope that's not too confusing!

Likewise I am 11.5 in almost all C&J but have 12 in the Drake's and the perfect fit.

Incidentally there are two versions, as discussed on this forum. The crepe sole and Dainite like rubber. Tried both on in the Savile Row store and walked around a lot. The Dainite soles definitely make the whole shoe feel more structured, narrower in the fit and give you a certain bounce. I can imagine charging around town in them a lot.

The crepe soled version feel like slippers.

People will have a personal preference. The rubber sole are their new line and according to George, who served me, the way they will be heading.

I took the crepe as I figure you will be able to get the rubber soles for a lot more time to come.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    I have to share something with the Connolly Giubbino owners here:

I have contaced Mrs. Stefanie Sneddon from Connolly (contact: sos@connollyengland.com), she is a really helpful person and anwers very quick (I would say she is the Alessandro from Connolly haha) and asked for the garment bag and spare buttons, I also asked again for the sa buttons and look what have received me today:

IMG-20200930-160105-683.jpg
    IMG-20200930-161208-473.jpg

she tells me that Connolly is working through the list anyway, so it seems that all you receive those buttons in the near time: "Rest assured that all of our Giubbino clients should expect to receive the extras in due course (as soon as those buttons arrive)We are working our way through our list."

I will replace them, I like the sa buttons much better (enough time to do so during autumn/winter)
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    agreed buddy , mine arrived monday and I love them.
    so easy and quality service.

PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE BOOTS :))
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007 reporting for duty
    agreed buddy , mine arrived monday and I love them.
    so easy and quality service.

PLEASE PLEASE NO MORE BOOTS :))
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

And just as simple was my newly acquired SP TF Morocco tie!
    Thanks buddy

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

All my Crockett and Jones are 8.5 (except my Norwich's, which somehow are a 9...but I think they may be a half size large) and my Drakes boots are 9. For further reference, my Sanders and Sanders are also a 9.

For the Drakes, I was very uncertain about sizing so I had ordered both the 8.5 and the 9 and while the 8.5 did fit, there was a tension I felt in my foot that I didn't like. It's possible that this may have been alleviated with wear and stretching but I'm glad I went with the 9s.
  • XE-SXE-S Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    Can someone post pictures of Moltons with jeans on their next outing please. I've been working for ten straight days with no end in sight. No time to buy or wear them at this rate!

Cheers

PS: does anyone think C&J shoes in the same size have gotten slightly bigger? The answer to that is probably no. I bought Chilterns a few years ago and as always try two sizes, 7 & 7.5. 7 is painfully tight straight away, left foot is slightly bigger with higher instep. However recently tried a pair of Earth Green Chilterns in a 7 off the display and they fit perfect. 7.5 in Moltons felt pretty big too. This was after the end of a hot day wearing boots

Anyone else noticed this?
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    XE-S wrote:
    Can someone post pictures of Moltons with jeans on their next outing please. I've been working for ten straight days with no end in sight. No time to buy or wear them at this rate!

Cheers

PS: does anyone think C&J shoes in the same size have gotten slightly bigger? The answer to that is probably no. I bought Chilterns a few years ago and as always try two sizes, 7 & 7.5. 7 is painfully tight straight away, left foot is slightly bigger with higher instep. However recently tried a pair of Earth Green Chilterns in a 7 off the display and they fit perfect. 7.5 in Moltons felt pretty big too. This was after the end of a hot day wearing boots

Anyone else noticed this?

the lasts are different between the various models and the toe box is the most affected so sizing variations may appear to be broader than they are. Wear the boots for a while and let the shoe take your foot shape... I always feel like my Radnor boots are maybe too small but after letting my feet settle, I realize that they are okay... it's just a shorter toe box but the size isn't incorrect...

here's a pic of my Moltons with jeans (8.5)..

030-ADAFC-4-DEC-4701-8-E17-D4126-F0-BB5-F3.jpg

0-F66-C48-C-6610-4-EEA-836-E-A0583-F4-A21-A1.jpg
    Look what just arrived...

IMG-2567.jpg

I took my usual size in the Moltons and they are comfortable out of the box (unlike my Radnors which took me years of insert shopping to make wearable). They're really nice boots. More leathery than my rough-out Loake Trappers which lean toward the suede end of the spectrum. I'll waterproof these and use them a lot this autumn.
    Thanks for the pictures gents, appreciate it. Not sure why but only half of my message is displayed
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    These are gorgeous!
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    On the sizing, I get that different lasts would affect the sizing however I am talking about the same shoe (Chiltern). Moltons I'll probably take half size down
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I originally went half a size up from my regular size (can’t remember why I did that) with the Molton’s (AJB rough-out special order) and they were a little too big. So yeah, I’d say stick with your regular size, or maaaybe half a size down.
    I'm not a selvedge guy but I know Craig is, and my guess is the jeans he's wearing in the "V8 reveal" are from a brand he wears often.It makes sense, given his obvious influence on the costuming. (Obviously the still provides few to no clues.) For those of us whose experience of denim doesn't extend past Levis, what are his personal favorite brands?
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I'm not a selvedge guy but I know Craig is, and my guess is the jeans he's wearing in the "V8 reveal" are from a brand he wears often.It makes sense, given his obvious influence on the costuming. (Obviously the still provides few to no clues.) For those of us whose experience of denim doesn't extend past Levis, what are his personal favorite brands?
    He’s worn a couple of pairs of the Rag & Bone archive line; hard to tell between the slim straight and the slim models. The yellow fleck stitch on the crotch are definitely the slim cut he’s seen wearing in a lot of photos and promos; 2017 omaze, odeon awards are a couple shots he’s wearing them.

He’s worn scotch and soda jeans, brunello cucinelli, Levi’s, and Frame.

It’s going to be hard to tell which jeans are in the garage scene until you see details. Stuff like the crotch stitching, back pockets and even the selvedge detail. Those will all help Id the jeans.