No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I remember many years ago this same thing came up in regards to the show Californication on Showtime. David Duchovny, as Hank Moody, wears jeans in almost every scene the entire series. He also mainly wears James Perse t-shirts and button ups. The shirts were more easily identifiable based on buttons, exposed tags, etc. Eventually as the series progressed you could see the metal rivet toward the bottom of the crotch and the emblem on the back of the waist band from time to time.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    I have a scoop about the Finamore shirt. As soon as Connolly sends me more info I'll post here
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Seems like Swatch realised they could have sold way more of the 'limited edition' Q watch, so they are now releasing a ²Q version.

The difference with the first Q watch?

The hands and the red electronic thing in the see-through dial are now BLUE, which I assume is not screen accurate based on the promo photos of the first watch. The original Q watch was also not 100% screen accurate due to the large Q at the 6 o'clock position.

The back of the strap of ²Q is now red, which was light, almost white in the original Q watch.

q2.jpg
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    I have to share something with the Connolly Giubbino owners here:

I have contaced Mrs. Stefanie Sneddon from Connolly (contact: sos@connollyengland.com), she is a really helpful person and anwers very quick (I would say she is the Alessandro from Connolly haha) and asked for the garment bag and spare buttons, I also asked again for the sa buttons and look what have received me today:

IMG-20200930-160105-683.jpg
    IMG-20200930-161208-473.jpg

she tells me that Connolly is working through the list anyway, so it seems that all you receive those buttons in the near time: "Rest assured that all of our Giubbino clients should expect to receive the extras in due course (as soon as those buttons arrive)We are working our way through our list."

I will replace them, I like the sa buttons much better (enough time to do so during autumn/winter)

So I received my garment bag and buttons from Connolly today BUT no hanger! I know I know it's just a generic plastic hanger but that's what's supposed to be included with our purchase :s
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    These sunglasses dropped in the post today and somehow I have found some Sperrys enroute too - I swore blind my collecting days were done - seemingly not!

Cheers :007)

9728-B9-E5-CA8-A-4-C11-8-ED5-80046-B272-F64.jpg
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    These sunglasses dropped in the post today and somehow I have found some Sperrys enroute too - I swore blind my collecting days were done - seemingly not!

9728-B9-E5-CA8-A-4-C11-8-ED5-80046-B272-F64.jpg

It'll be the tf jeans next bud
    Been there already -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Damn! I’m going to wear my NTTD N.Peal commando jumper through TWO winters before I see this movie!
  • -_Quantum_--_Quantum_- Posts: 101MI6 Agent
    If anyone was looking for NTTD clothing when the movie actually comes out, they'll be two seasons too late. Jeez. Might as well release it on a streaming platform for $30 or something at this rate.
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Crazy times, Still at least by April 21 I will be back in my NTTD summer rigs vs my winter SPECTRE ones :D

Better get looking for some TF jeans then :))

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    If anyone was looking for NTTD clothing when the movie actually comes out, they'll be two seasons too late. Jeez.

Hopefully that doesn’t put off brands like Barbour to do a possible remake/reissue of their NTTD pieces. Or stop brands from their planned reissues (eg MA with their black Norway cords, can’t remember the name).
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    JTM wrote:
    If anyone was looking for NTTD clothing when the movie actually comes out, they'll be two seasons too late. Jeez.

Hopefully that doesn’t put off brands like Barbour to do a remake/reissue of their NTTD pieces.

I don't think Barbour will miss that opportunity, after all, there are still new editions of the Skyfall jacket, limited editions and so on ...but I see a problem with brands who might not be willing to reissue their pieces (jeans, boots from the garage-outfit for instance), luckily most of his outfits has already been identified but I do wonder if there is a full causal outfit we haven't seen so far
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Hopefully that doesn’t put off brands like Barbour to do a possible remake/reissue of their NTTD pieces. Or stop brands from their planned reissues (eg MA with their black Norway cords, can’t remember the name).

I think Massimo Alba will stick with this. It's already been a huge plus for the brand.

Besides, it's not like these are great times for the fashion industry. The opposite, in fact. Connolly might as well bring out its secret Finnamore shirt. At least there are guaranteed buyers.

(As an aside I got the MA black belt today. I worried about spending big bucks on a belt, but I really like it. It's more of a dark charcoal than true black and very narrow. It's not like anything else in my closet. Ideally, I would have gone with a medium, but the large fits, provided I don't go on a crash diet, in which case I need to get out the awl.)
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    Alessandro told me the Mauko will be part of their SS21 collection. Can’t see that changing.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    By the time this Damn movie comes out crushed velvet will be the fabric of choice and latest trend in clothing.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    cap.jpg

The thickness of the band at the back is interesting.

Just spent some time in Barbour, tried on some caps. The shot from the back makes me almost certain there’s zero chance it’s the waxed cap, couldn’t see anything with a band thickness and that shape in their current range.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Connolly has been collaborating with Finamore, a heritage Neapolitan shirt maker for many
    years; creating unique fabric finishes and style choices. Their shirting and tailored jackets are
    highly sought after and always finished by hand.
    The style featured in the film No Time to Die and worn by James Bond is a perfect example of
    Finamore’s exquisite craftsmanship and Connolly’s signature style.
    This is a limited edition offer with 50 shirts being made to order only.
    Shirt payment can be made through mail order (calling the store) or via Paypal.
    Please contact Stefanie at sos@connollyengland.com.
    Order period is from 1st October – 15th October to ensure delivery before Christmas.
    The price is: £295.00
    P&P domestic: £10 and International: £30
    PayPal payments: dt@connollyengland.com

Style details include:
    Cut away collar, open placket, curved cuff, hand-sewn buttons, hand finished arm hole, and
    “Mouche” finish at the bottom of the side seams.
    Fabric: 70% cotton 30% linen.
    *Due to the washed finish on the fabric there will be slight differences on various dimensions.

Click on this black area for the PDF of details....
    Connolly-x-Finamore-Shirt.png

Screenshot-146.png
    Nice shirt, but wow, that’s a quite a lot more $$ than the very similar Connolly/Finamore linen shirt.

https://www.connollyengland.com/products/plain-linen-shirt-off-white
    Connolly has been collaborating with Finamore, a heritage Neapolitan shirt maker for many
    years; creating unique fabric finishes and style choices. Their shirting and tailored jackets are
    highly sought after and always finished by hand.
    The style featured in the film No Time to Die and worn by James Bond is a perfect example of
    Finamore’s exquisite craftsmanship and Connolly’s signature style.
    This is a limited edition offer with 50 shirts being made to order only.
    Shirt payment can be made through mail order (calling the store) or via Paypal.
    Please contact Stefanie at sos@connollyengland.com.
    Order period is from 1st October – 15th October to ensure delivery before Christmas.
    The price is: £295.00
    P&P domestic: £10 and International: £30
    PayPal payments: dt@connollyengland.com

Style details include:
    Cut away collar, open placket, curved cuff, hand-sewn buttons, hand finished arm hole, and
    “Mouche” finish at the bottom of the side seams.
    Fabric: 70% cotton 30% linen.
    *Due to the washed finish on the fabric there will be slight differences on various dimensions.

Click on this black area for the PDF of details....
    Connolly-x-Finamore-Shirt.png

Screenshot-146.png

Just got the mail too. I was going to post it but you've anticipated me! :))
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I agree....the way they explained it to me was this is a very limited run off the same bolt, so its not a full factory run and each piece by hand. But I hear ya!
    JTM wrote:
    Nice shirt, but wow, that’s a quite a lot more $$ than the very similar Connolly/Finamore linen shirt.

Anyway very good looking piece to me. If only I could afford one...
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    I agree....the way they explained it to me was this is a very limited run off the same bolt, so its not a full factory run and each piece by hand. But I hear ya!
    JTM wrote:

The re-run of the Connolly jacket was also supposed to be a very limited edition of 150 pieces...
    I don't trust them anymore, sorry...
    Nice but expensive shirt. For those who are not willing to pay that price for the shirt wait when the for Finamore Off White Linen Shirt is back in stock and their Sale starts (70 pounds) and dye it in tea or so, some have experience in that (royal madagascar shirt) https://www.connollyengland.com/products/plain-linen-shirt-off-white
    Fred007 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

The re-run of the Connolly jacket was also supposed to be a very limited edition of 150 pieces...
    I don't trust them anymore, sorry...

the last information I have is that it is a limited run of 150, they still have some of them in stock because the quantity of 150 have not been sold
    It's pricey, but Tom Ford charges as much, and it's an unusual shirt. I will be buying one.
    edited October 2020
    Just to move on with the sad delay until April. I think I've ID yet another garment that will appear in NTTD (whenever we see it :D ). During some yet pretty unknown scenes taking place in M's office probably during the lair's assault, Moneypenny wears a safari inspired dress.
    It should be the Massimo Dutti "Lyocell waistcoat with pockets". As we already know, Massimo Dutti has provided the ribbed dress Madeleine wears while in Matera.
    Unfortunately, as other pieces, is not available anymore; furthermore - despite being from Spring/Summer 2019 collection - is impossible to find. Only some pics online and an ebay announce (link: https://www.ebay.it/itm/Massimo-Dutti-Trench-Waistcoat-Dress-New-Small-Lyocell-/264821021277) if someone interested in buying.

The midi dress in 100% lyocell features a notch collar, covered button front, 4 flap pocket, a belt with horn buckle and a very distinctive bouffant piece of fabric in the back (visible in Cary Fukunaga's commentary).

front.png
    side.png
    vlcsnap-2020-10-03-12h02m48s054.png
    Ea-Ys-Wn-UWo-AExqd-C.jpg

One last remark: the same dress except for the colour in navy blue is prominently featured in the character poster for Naomi Harris. I've not been able to find a match on the site, so I've contacted Massimo Dutti to have some more info about the dress. As soon as they answer, I'll share it; even though I'm pretty convinced the garment was released in multiple colour variants.

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0003-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-NAOMI.jpg
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Hi guys, sorry a sizing question,

The Max2 belt - I’m in between 32 - 34 jeans, should I get the Large?

Thanks
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    The pic. Hopefully a larger resolution is released. ...we also get a nice shot of the many Bollinger boxes as well.

120465638-197248608468783-1787362577124681550-n.jpg
    I think I have worked out what changes everything - Bond is finally having his mid life crisis. He's thinking 'I've got some trendy new threads, looking like a teenager, I've got the sports car - time to go clubbing'
    apple8 wrote:
    Hi guys, sorry a sizing question,

The Max2 belt - I’m in between 32 - 34 jeans, should I get the Large?

Thanks

Nope. Definitely wait for a Medium. I'm 33-35 and the Large barely fits me. No Mediums were left when I ordered, and I can get by with the Large, but I doubt you can.
    edited October 2020
    I wonder if this is the same shirt. The collar looks different and the shirt Craig wears seems to be brigther, maybe the shirt just looks this way because of the light
    Finamore.jpgNTTD.jpg
    Noi wrote:
    I wonder if this is the same shirt. The collar looks different and the shirt Craigs wears seems to be brigther, maybe the shirt just looks this way because of the light
    Finamore.jpgNTTD.jpg

Hmm, the collar does look a little different. The colour difference might be down to the photo effects (colours look a bit washed out) and lighting though.
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,023MI6 Agent
    Bodie wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    The pic. Hopefully a larger resolution is released. ...we also get a nice shot of the many Bollinger boxes as well.

120465638-197248608468783-1787362577124681550-n.jpg
    I think I have worked out what changes everything - Bond is finally having his mid life crisis. He's thinking 'I've got some trendy new threads, looking like a teenager, I've got the sports car - time to go clubbing'

Yeah, he just loads all the Bolly-boxes to the trunk, cranks up some tunes and puts some pedal to the metal! :)) :)) :))

BTW: Nice product placement by Bollinger!
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech