Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I actually really like the job he did in The Pacific, as a really creepy unhinged Cajun Marine with a penchant for robbing the dead. I think he'd make a good Bond villain.

Agreed! If Malek can bring that same kind of malice to his role in Bond 25 he will be the scariest Bond villain since Benicio Del Toro in LTK. (Mads in CR was also wonderfully evil.)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Malek's character in The Pasific was great, partly because I wouldn't call him evil in spite of his tndency to pull gold teeth from the mouths of dead Japanse soldiers. He could be both scary and caring, depending on the situation. That showed my he's a talented actor.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Malek's audition was just A kind of magic.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    According to a Serbian member of The Other Place says several major Serb newspapers reports Daniel Craig is in Belgrade. No Norwegian newspapers I've checked says he's here, but I didn't really expect him to be.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,546MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    According to a Serbian member of The Other Place says several major Serb newspapers reports Daniel Craig is in Belgrade. No Norwegian newspapers I've checked says he's here, but I didn't really expect him to be.

The Serbian media reports could explain these strange comments: "As he begins filming tomorrow...Craig is understood to have jetted to the secret location where sets have been built."

in this Daily Mail story from Sunday, 24 March.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-6843329/TALK-TOWN-Daniel-Craigs-12-hour-secret-missions-shape-007-finale.html
    The Serbian MI6community member rates reporters in the country as "very reliable".
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    We are, at long last, on the cusp now. -{
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    If the title is "007" then I'm finished with this world.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    Jarvio wrote:

My new approach to Bond 25 is not to worry until I have to. I recommend it. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] no point worrying over rumours and guesses.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:

My new approach to Bond 25 is not to worry until I have to. I recommend it. ;)

I appreciate the trying not to worry part, and I expect there might be some disappointments, but to not even give a bond film a proper title (breaking a 57 year tradition) would just be abysmal. Hopefully it won't happen.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

The Serbian media reports could explain these strange comments: "As he begins filming tomorrow...Craig is understood to have jetted to the secret location where sets have been built."

in this Daily Mail story from Sunday, 24 March.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-6843329/TALK-TOWN-Daniel-Craigs-12-hour-secret-missions-shape-007-finale.html

That article is a hoot. I love how they just throw everything out there: Richard Madden, screen test for Sam Heugan (yes, I'm sure as filming for Bond 25 begins Barb and the crew are busy screen testing prospective Bond actors 8-) :)) ). Also, apparently Craig has gone (at least in the tabs, etc) from being too old and fat to looking like he did in CR (IMO, that would only happen with CGI). I'd be happy with trim and fit. That all being said, it wouldn't surprise me if Craig is on location....somewhere. :))
    My guess is Craig is in Beograd and the newspaper added the rest to fill out the article. We'll see ….
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    If Rami Malek is confirmed as the villain in Bond 25 that would create a nice bit of positive buzz for what is perceived as a difficult pre-production. Also, would an actor of Malik's current stature get on board a production if there were still script problems?

HAHAHAHA

BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY was a sh*tshow from start to finish. He got out all right.

HAHAHAHA?
    Personal opinions re Bohemian Rhapsody aside (I've not even seen it) the film was a box office success and Malek did win the Oscar for Best Actor. Along with Malek's successful run in Mr. Robot, he's a hot name right now. I actually really like the job he did in The Pacific, as a really creepy unhinged Cajun Marine with a penchant for robbing the dead. I think he'd make a good Bond villain.

When he says sh*tshow I think he's referring to the production of the film. It was an incredibly messy process. So he should feel right at home on 25 :))
    edited March 2019
    Revolver66 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA?
    Personal opinions re Bohemian Rhapsody aside (I've not even seen it) the film was a box office success and Malek did win the Oscar for Best Actor. Along with Malek's successful run in Mr. Robot, he's a hot name right now. I actually really like the job he did in The Pacific, as a really creepy unhinged Cajun Marine with a penchant for robbing the dead. I think he'd make a good Bond villain.

When he says sh*tshow I think he's referring to the production of the film. It was an incredibly messy process. So he should feel right at home on 25 :))

I truly had no idea......I would hope once Bond 25 actually gets rolling things will get a bit smoother. Bond films are monster productions but the folks on the tech side of things always do a great job. Apparently Fukunaga has a reputation of being a perfectionist who will fight for his vision and has walked away from projects due to differences with producers (ironic considering what happened with Boyle). On the other hand, DP's and actors love him and judging by his track record he is usually on point.
    Up to this point, things seem to be pretty well with the director and EON and it just might be (hope upon hope) that they are very comfortable with each other, and EON learned something from the Boyle mess. -{
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I rather enjoyed BH {:) I've been a bit out of touch; is he attached to Bond 25, or is it still rumour? Or did Hiddleston actually get the Bond role? :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I rather enjoyed BH {:) I've been a bit out of touch; is he attached to Bond 25, or is it still rumour? Or did Hiddleston actually get the Bond role? :))

Good one....you put a smile on my face :D
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    Revolver66 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

HAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA?

Exactly. Malek even took some heat for claiming to sign on the film without being aware of the allegedly criminal activities of the director (who was replaced after not showing up on set repeatedly). So I'm not sure he's even aware of Bond 25's problems :))

The larger point was that actors are always somewhat taking a leap of faith on projects. And I agree that Malek would make a great Bond villain.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,546MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    The Serbian MI6community member rates reporters in the country as "very reliable".

If DC is in Serbia, there are three studios to choose from and they are all located in and around Belgrade.
    http://www.filminserbia.com/filming-in-serbia/production-directory/studios-rentals/stagesstudios/

PFI Studios appears to have the most international clients, with Europe's Europacorp and America's Intrepid Pictures both filming there in the past. The PFI Studios' website has a video of its facilities running in Flash on its homepage.
    http://www.pfistudios.com/

The video appears to show hotel-like accommodation at the studios, so DC could stay there. Otherwise it's located East of the centre of Belgrade and according to Google maps it's about a 30 minute drive from the centre of Belgrade where all the top hotels are located.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,737MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    I actually really like the job he did in The Pacific, as a really creepy unhinged Cajun Marine with a penchant for robbing the dead. I think he'd make a good Bond villain.

Agreed! If Malek can bring that same kind of malice to his role in Bond 25 he will be the scariest Bond villain since Benicio Del Toro in LTK. (Mads in CR was also wonderfully evil.)

If you want proof that he can do creepy, then this is all you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzTiFLHS5Y
    If you want proof that he can do creepy, then this is all you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzTiFLHS5Y

There's just something creepy and "off" about Malek even when he's doing an advert. I kept waiting for him to say "and I'm a big fan of you Mr. Bond, that's why I've kidnapped Madeleine and have her tied up in my dungeon".
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,737MI6 Agent
    He looks like he's a fan of eating livers with a nice Chianti in that clip.

Unfortunately it also shows he's not great at acting convincingly like he's coming up with stuff off the top of his head, but that's probably tricky to do.
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I have not read the posts here. But can any body tell me when the film is supposed to be finished and in the cinema?
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    I have not read the posts here. But can any body tell me when the film is supposed to be finished and in the cinema?

At this rate, sometime between it's announced release date of April 8, 2020 and when the sun transforms into a red dwarf.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    A photo that is apparently from the set in Norway. Credit: https://twitter.com/HesselHVisser/status/1111020431761391620

D2sj-MUNWs-AAN7rd-jpg-large.jpg
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"
    Does anyone else think they’re just going to skip the press conference this time around? Maybe do something less formal in a few months on location somewhere? Blockbuster films are trending in the direction of heavy secrecy, and given the Sony hacks last time around, it wouldn’t surprise me if EON is happy to follow that trend.
    From Torgeirtrap in MI6community:

https://www.filmweb.no/filmnytt/article1392498.ece

Some interesting stuff. There's a reporter on skis, going into the area of filming in Nittedal/Hakadal. throughout the clip we learn a few things.

First thing of interest she mentions (or suggests), is that there will 6 mins of film from/shot in Norway (or TV time as she says), but she doesn’t elaborate on how she learned this. All she says is: "That’s big news! Only by hiking in Hakadal."

She then meets a security guard (sitting in the snow eating), asking him if they’ll be here all week. He replies:"At least another week, maybe."

She mentions this again straight afterwards - that "they might spend two weeks, not one!". The following subtitle adds "(take it with a pinch of salt)".

Then there’s a cut to the reporter looking through binoculars: "That’s Daniel Craig. He stands there wearing a suit!"
    "Or…"

His stunt double?
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Does anyone else think they’re just going to skip the press conference this time around? Maybe do something less formal in a few months on location somewhere? Blockbuster films are trending in the direction of heavy secrecy, and given the Sony hacks last time around, it wouldn’t surprise me if EON is happy to follow that trend.

Even if there might not be a standard press conference, I'd say they still need some sort of special event (with the main cast) to announce B25's title—the announcing of which are always massive occasions for Bond films.
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    38-A44064-9759-478-A-AF46-55-E8961-A6-D0-A.jpg
    I'd say he's a stunt double, but of course I can be wrong. I don't think anyone stands around a film set in the winter in the forrest wearing a suit unless you're going in front of the camera, at least in my opinion.