Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    Yep, the new page seems to be free of the issues—however they haven't disappeared on that previous one though, so maybe just avoid visiting it.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    We just should block Asp9mm from posting to prevent this happening again 8-)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    As a big True Detective Season 1 fan - im holding out hope its very dark and serious. The spoiler looked a bit creepy for a Bond film so giving me some enthusiasm.

So glad Mendes isn't in charge again
    I'm holding out hope, a lot of it, but tbh the possible flashback scene doesn't fill me with glee. Of course it could be something totally different like bond and swanns daughter.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I can feel you both, next to no news don‘t mix well with a sloppy production and the potential sequel to SP...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I'm a bit torn with my excitement. I love that Fukananga is director because like many others I absolutely loved True Detective S1. I'm not that thrilled that they look to be carrying over a storyline from Spectre though. On the collecting front I've been buying Bond clothes for well over a decade now so I'm not sure I need much more now, but it looks like others here feel the same as well.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    I am also struggling with enthusiasm for the reasons you all have identified. But the biggest issue for me is Craig. It’s not so much that he’s too old. He’s just been Bond for too long. I’m ready for a fresh take. Even with a different director, we basically know what we’re going to get. I think even the most ardent Craig fans must concede this, if only to themselves. I suspect I would feel this way even if Spectre had been better.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    Whether or not Bond 25 is truly a sequel to SPECTRE or just carries over some characters and the SPECTRE organization doesn't mean that it will automatically be a bad Bond film. QOS was a direct sequel to CR, which was IMO, a great Bond film and QOS is considered by many a big disappointment. A difficult gestation period does not mean the end result is guaranteed to be bad (and there's no doubt that pre-production on Bond 25 has been a bumpy ride). It's easy to interpret small bits of information to one extreme or another, especially when there is no context. I recall an incredible amount of angst around here regarding Craig's unshaven face during some of the filming of Skyfall....or concerns that some locations were being faked so therefore production must be on the cheap. The truth is, it's not important how we feel now about Bond 25....whether we are excited or in a state of indifference. It really comes down to how we feel walking out of the theater after actually seeing the finished product.
    I am also struggling with enthusiasm for the reasons you all have identified. But the biggest issue for me is Craig. It’s not so much that he’s too old. He’s just been Bond for too long. I’m ready for a fresh take. Even with a different director, we basically know what we’re going to get. I think even the most ardent Craig fans must concede this, if only to themselves. I suspect I would feel this way even if Spectre had been better.
    I am a big Crag fan, have been since before he was Bond, but I agree, I'm at a point where I see an older Connery, moore, Dalton film on and just want to watch it, I saw Spectre was on TV a few weeks ago and didn't bother. I will be one of the first to the cinema when 25 hits the screens and just hope I leave happy or at least satisfied. I'm hoping as production gains momentum and we get a few spy shots and an early trailer my enthusiasm will build. The music is an important piece of the puzzle for me.
    I'm a bit torn with my excitement. I love that Fukananga is director because like many others I absolutely loved True Detective S1. I'm not that thrilled that they look to be carrying over a storyline from Spectre though. On the collecting front I've been buying Bond clothes for well over a decade now so I'm not sure I need much more now, but it looks like others here feel the same as well.
    That's me also. I've got a wardrobe full of bond and bond inspired pieces, but my personal style has moved in a different direction now.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    I have no personal style :007) However my daughter gave me a really cool black Bond t shirt with the 007 gun logo emblazoned across the front that I will wear after the official Bond 25 press conference. -{ That's enough style for me.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    So, the problem on page 180 hasn't carried over to page 181- at least so far. Fingers crossed.
    I thought the issue might have something to do with the first spoiler window posted on page 180, as those grey lines either side of our comments begin after that post (#4,482).
    welshboy78 wrote:
    As a big True Detective Season 1 fan - im holding out hope its very dark and serious. The spoiler looked a bit creepy for a Bond film so giving me some enthusiasm.

So glad Mendes isn't in charge again
    Agree with all this. I'm very excited, and have been since Craig confirmed his return. The apathy felt by some will disappear once EON start throwing news at us regularly. I'm most looking forward to seeing what new (toy) props we get.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,505Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    So, the problem on page 180 hasn't carried over to page 181- at least so far. Fingers crossed.
    I thought the issue might have something to do with the first spoiler window posted on page 180, as those grey lines either side of our comments begin after that post (#4,482).

Well, let's see:
    Here we go!
    Seems okay! :)
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent
    I love a good mystery! :D
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Is quoting a spoiler the problem? I don't want to try quoting a spoiler for fear of messing things up, but perhaps a moderator can do it and delete it if it fails.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Barbel wrote:

Well, let's see:
    Here we go!

[Edit] Seems to have worked...
    Ok, I've tried a spoiler, quoting the spoiler, and editing. :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Well, let's see:
    Here we go!

[Edit] Seems to have worked...

Glad it's working!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I suspect the first images from the set showing Bond will reenergize most of the AJB community. And the first teaser will bring a bunch of new people to the forum. There will be posters here telling us how the movie will be horrible. It can't possibly be good. Et cetera. Meanwhile there will be a mad dash to identify and buy up the clothes and gear shown in the images. Basically, the same things will happen as always happen.
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    I'm very enthusiastic. Just because bond 24 wasnt good doesn't mean anything for this one.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    005 wrote:
    I'm very enthusiastic. Just because bond 24 wasnt good doesn't mean anything for this one.

This is how I feel. It's fun to speculate but fans can wind themselves up into thinking they actually know how this stuff works to an embarrassing degree. Aside from players and locations, we're left to our limited imaginations to fill in the blanks and we forget how off the mark we are every time.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,547MI6 Agent
    ONE YEAR TODAY TO THE UK RELEASE OF BOND25!!!

Just wanted to say that.
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    There will be posters here telling us how the movie will be horrible. It can't possibly be good. Et cetera.

That would be very silly, but the internet is what it is. My excitement is gently bubbling under the surface, and I'm confident 25 will be another highly enjoyable outing for Bond as they all have been... some more than others of course, but I'm always happy to watch any of them. I'm just glad filming is underway, and we can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My only worry is will I be sucked into the spoiler threads... I want to know, but I don't at the same time... ahhhhh :s
    MarkOOMark wrote:
    ...I'm confident 25 will be another highly enjoyable outing for Bond as they all have been... some more than others of course, but I'm always happy to watch any of them.

Couldn't agree with this part more :) While all the production troubles for B25 have left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth...and due to this site, by its release I probably will—like it or not—already know each scene (and every outfit that appears on screen) inside and out...I will still be at the cinema opening day, first in line, as excited as possible to watch a brand new addition to my favourite film series -{
  • Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent
    www.eclipsemovie.com
    Coming soon

Press conference set for tomorrow, April 4th, 11.00am GMT at Pinewood. Title is Eclipse!
    1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That'll put the opposition in the shade. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm unconvinced. (Nice pun, TP)
    Hmmm, it'll be interesting to see if that turns out to be true. I do think it's a good title for secondary meanings/different interpretations etc. There's the obvious "blocking of light" definition but it also has the meaning to collapse, fail or weaken—"a loss of significance or power in relation to another person or thing" (thanks google dictionary!).

Also, if the conference is tomorrow, how would one go about watching it? Do they usually stream it on one of the official production company or Bond websites??
  • Christmas TounesChristmas Tounes GloucestershirePosts: 164MI6 Agent
    ECLIPSE
    'The Sun is setting on 007. After this movie we sell the rights to Netflix'. IN CINEMAS APRIL 2020.
    1. Goldeneye 2. OHMSS 3. Goldfinger 4. TND 5. Octopussy 6. FYEO
    7. LALD 8. TWINE 9. Skyfall 10. AVTAK 11. CR 12. TLD 13. YOLT
    14. TMWTGG 15. Moonraker 16. TSWLM 17. Thunderball 18. FRWL
    19. Dr. No 20. DAF 21. LTK 22. DAD 23. QoS 24. Spectre 25. NTTD
    Once I would have scorned the possibility of Eon selling the Bond rights. Now, sadly, it might happen.

"Netflix announce their plans to release a Bond film every two years, alternating with spin-offs such as "Leiter" and "Young Jinx" 8-)