Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the pic, David!

That Malek in the hoodie?
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

I'm actually really hoping that no more of these spy pics are released so we won't know about Malek or any of the other cast for certain until they're officially announced with all the accompanying revelry at the conference.
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I'm actually really hoping that no more of these spy pics are released so we won't know about Malek or any of the other cast for certain until they're officially announced with all the accompanying revelry at the conference.
    Agreed, the surprise would be nice - especially after waiting this long for an announcement. Overlooking any new pics though, will require considerable dishcipline, 007!
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That pic was not Craig in Jamaica but rather him leaving London.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Looks like Craig has had a more than adequate amount of time to get lean and mean. He looked pretty fit at the Oscars and that was almost two months ago. Knives Out wrapped filming around December 20th, so Craig has had four months to prepare. If anything, we won't get a soft or tubby Bond for Craig's last.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    If this isn't a breach of this forum's rules - may I quote a significant post from another Bond site... thanks.
    Fans expecting a press conference to kick-off the 25th James Bond film are likely to be disappointed this week.

MI6 has been informed that there will be no traditional press conference.

Instead, specially recorded segments in Jamaica will be packaged by ABC TV (Good Morning America) in the USA and ITV in the UK (Good Morning Britain) for broadcast on Thursday and Friday this week.

Given the UK is 5 hours ahead of New York, fans there will get to enjoy the news first. In the age of the internet, this means ABC's impact of their coverage will be severely dented. This is in sharp contrast to SPECTRE, which had a worldwide press reveal day at Pinewood Studios that was streamed online.

If this is accurate - no press conference. Seems a shame but who knows, perhaps not all the cast are hired. If I recall, Eva Green was cast several weeks into CR's filming.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    As long as title and some cast revealed etc I don’t care if it’s exclusive interview instead of a press conference.

Maybe it’s some controlled attempt to keep some things secret?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Could be the location. All the previous press conferences were in Pinewood or in London. Might be less incentive for journalists to travel to Jamaica for a one day press junket.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    If this isn't a breach of this forum's rules - may I quote a significant post from another Bond site... thanks.
    Fans expecting a press conference to kick-off the 25th James Bond film are likely to be disappointed this week.

MI6 has been informed that there will be no traditional press conference.

Instead, specially recorded segments in Jamaica will be packaged by ABC TV (Good Morning America) in the USA and ITV in the UK (Good Morning Britain) for broadcast on Thursday and Friday this week.

Given the UK is 5 hours ahead of New York, fans there will get to enjoy the news first. In the age of the internet, this means ABC's impact of their coverage will be severely dented. This is in sharp contrast to SPECTRE, which had a worldwide press reveal day at Pinewood Studios that was streamed online.

If this is accurate - no press conference. Seems a shame but who knows, perhaps not all the cast are hired. If I recall, Eva Green was cast several weeks into CR's filming.

You mean this website. I think most people here know MI6-hq.com.
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/fans-likely-to-be-disappointed-by-bond-25-media-launch-190423

It's just another example of how Bond25 is not following the normal path we've seen for Bond films for many years.

At least we know principal filming with DC is starting and hopefully we'll be told the title, but at this point, beyond some pre-recorded comments from DC and Mike Wilson, I'm not expecting a whole lot.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Could be the location. All the previous press conferences were in Pinewood or in London. Might be less incentive for journalists to travel to Jamaica for a one day press junket.

The charter flight was by charter airline Hi Fly (hifly.aero) and it used an Airbus A340-300 which can carry up to 300 people in a three class configuration, so all the media, European at least, could have been on that flight along with the cast and crew.
    https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/previous-generation-aircraft/a340-family/a340-300.html
    Pinewood is the home of Bond so it makes sense to do a press conference there, perhaps? Anyway... the press conferences seem a little stilted to me. Craig isn't the most natural public speaker (fair enough, I wouldn't be that good neither!) so I doubt we're missing too much if we don't get to see Craig say "this is my last film, probably, perhaps. I'll get back to you on that."

:D

Hopefully the title, title logo, and some of the cast are revealed. :)
    Someone wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

The charter flight was by charter airline Hi Fly (hifly.aero) and it used an Airbus A340-300 which can carry up to 300 people in a three class configuration, so all the media, European at least, could have been on that flight along with the cast and crew.
    https://www.airbus.com/aircraft/previous-generation-aircraft/a340-family/a340-300.html

Prob DCs and EONS worst nightmare. Stuck on a aircraft for 10 hours with UK journalists lol
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I wasn‘t too keen on a Pinewood pc anyway, but I thought having a press conference in the garden of „Goldeneye“ (open air) would have looked very nice. But well, it adds some suspiciousness to this troubled production.

Still hoping they‘ll reveal the title+logo and some of the cast.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I wonder what the pre-recorded footage will be? Interviews? Presentations? Footage from the movie? If we get to see a few seconds from the movie it'll be from Jamaica, Norway or perhaps Pinewood.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I wonder what the pre-recorded footage will be? Interviews? Presentations? Footage from the movie? If we get to see a few seconds from the movie it'll be from Jamaica, Norway or perhaps Pinewood.

I‘d be surprised if they have filmed anything at this point.
    Well, besides the die to weather stuff in Norway.
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Yes, it's not very likely.
    edited April 2019
    Looks like Mi6 is poss wrong.

Sky UK has confirmed showing a half hour program tomorrow (presume live) and claim cast and title announced.

The program listing is:

Bond 25: The Announcement.
    James Bond is back for his 25th big screen outing. Check out the movies exciting official announcement, including the cast and title reveal

And later in the evening a different program with interviews
    Do you happen to have a time for that main program Welshy? Need to work out what time that'll be over here on the other side of the world.
    JTM wrote:
    Do you happen to have a time for that main program Welshy? Need to work out what time that'll be over here on the other side of the world.

Appears to be 13:10 UK time
    Then 9pm UK time for the sneak peak.

Bond 25: Exclusive

“Alex Zane talks to the cast and crew about the fifth and final mission for Daniel Craigs James Bond”
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Thanks for that -{ 2230 for the main show and 0600 for the interviews my time—glad they're not too late night/early morning...not going to be sleeping much that night though.

I wonder if there's any truth to Mi6's news about specially recorded segments in Jamaica as well, maybe to feature with the announcement program? Who knows.
    JTM wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Thanks for that -{ 2230 for the main show and 0600 for the interviews my time—glad they're not too late night/early morning...not going to be sleeping much that night though.

I wonder if there's any truth to Mi6's news about specially recorded segments in Jamaica as well, maybe to feature with the announcement program? Who knows.

Hmm guess they would either have to be filming quickly today or use stuff filmed in Norway or Pinewood

Seems a big stretch to me for anything in Jamaica anyhow
    Surprised Jamaican media not snapped any of the cast yet on arrival. Must be really locked down
    Sky Cinema listing Bond 25 announcement and title to be revealed:

yQHBphp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

All will be revealed tomorrow. ;)
    edited April 2019
    More news!

Official James Bond Twitter account:
    THURSDAY APRIL 25TH AT 13.10 BST

OFFICIAL LIVE LAUNCH OF BOND 25, FROM ONE OF 007’S MOST ICONIC LOCATIONS

TUNE IN FOR EXCLUSIVE CAST NEWS, FOLLOWED BY A SPECIAL Q&A

https://twitter.com/i/status/1121026657253494784

Live launch! So that is a press conference of sorts, I guess. Perhaps not in the traditional way but as it's live it's like a press conference. ;) I guess it will feature pre-recorded clips of the crew and cast as well as live stuff.
    Believe will be streamed live on 007 You Tube channel
    Ah ….. BST = British Summer Time
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Very excited! Should be interesting to see what they have.
    The 'reveal' might be from Ian Fleming's house. The house can be rented out and the promotional tweet mentions an iconic location. ;)
    bonded123 wrote:
    The 'reveal' might be from Ian Fleming's house. The house can be rented out and the promotional tweet mentions an iconic location. ;)

Yeah that would be the obvious (and hopefully) case

Some dude on Mi6 uploaded a screenshot of Goldeneye Resort booking calendar and seems the place is booked out just for today and Thursday lol