Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    The other place could be the beach location where Bond met Honey in Dr. No. I guess that would have to depend on the weather. Fleming's house might be more practical.
    Some dude on Mi6 uploaded a screenshot of Goldeneye Resort booking calendar and seems the place is booked out just for today and Thursday lol

Mystery solved! :D
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT! I’ll be eagerly waiting for it to start tomorrow. Off work too, buzzing.

Special 30 min programme with Alex Zane that evening in the UK 9pm too!! tomorrow is looking a good day.
    A relief and certainly makes me feel happier now we have this coming tomorrow.

Things I’m sure will heat up nicely now, FINALLY. The clothes spotting guys on here I hope your at the ready as I’m wanting to get my hands on the gear I’m sure we’ll start to see. As soon as possible whilst stocks last!! :v

Onwards and upwards -{
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    I'm going with the beach as the "iconic" location. I think Goldeneye would be "Who is Ian Fleming? There are James Bond books, too?" for the intended audience. Bonus points for an Ursula Andreas appearance.

I'm surprised we haven't found a domain registration for the title yet...
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    So anyone want to be bold or foolish enough to make a final prediction what the title is?

I am going to predict...

DEATH TO SPIES

;)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,730MI6 Agent
    JG007 wrote:
    Special 30 min programme with Alex Zane that evening in the UK 9pm too!! tomorrow is looking a good day.

Well I wouldn't look forward too much to a Zane programme! :)
    But the rest of it will be good. Apart from the sure-to-be-disappointing title, of course. Still, it gives us all something to moan about tomorrow! :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,826MI6 Agent
    I encourage the Mods to get enough sleep tonight, because I think there will be a lot of moderating to do tomorrow :D
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    The past two pages have been a microcosm of how know-it-all fandom is taken as gospel before being debunked. :))

My GUESS:

Live press conference (and Twitter Q&A, according to the 007 social media accounts) tomorrow; all the outlets promoting something for Friday will be recording cast/crew interviews after the conference on Thursday and cutting them into edited packages to run on Friday.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    The past two pages have been a microcosm of how know-it-all fandom is taken as gospel before being debunked. :))

My GUESS:

Live press conference (and Twitter Q&A, according to the 007 social media accounts) tomorrow; all the outlets promoting something for Friday (or even Thursday evening) will be recording cast/crew interviews after the conference on Thursday and cutting them into edited packages to run on Friday.

Looks like Sky showing their interviews tomorrow evening :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent

My GUESS:

Live press conference (and Twitter Q&A, according to the 007 social media accounts) tomorrow; all the outlets promoting something for Friday will be recording cast/crew interviews after the conference on Thursday and cutting them into edited packages to run on Friday.

This looks very likely to be the case.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,545MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    More news!

Official James Bond Twitter account:
    THURSDAY APRIL 25TH AT 13.10 BST

OFFICIAL LIVE LAUNCH OF BOND 25, FROM ONE OF 007’S MOST ICONIC LOCATIONS

TUNE IN FOR EXCLUSIVE CAST NEWS, FOLLOWED BY A SPECIAL Q&A

https://twitter.com/i/status/1121026657253494784

Live launch! So that is a press conference of sorts, I guess. Perhaps not in the traditional way but as it's live it's like a press conference. ;) I guess it will feature pre-recorded clips of the crew and cast as well as live stuff.

They have GMT in the graphic and BST in the tweet's text. What is so difficult about getting the time zone right? The UK is now BST. It is GMT October to March. 13.10h GMT is 14.10h BST.

It's a good thing we have the Sky Cinema guide, so that will be BST and so we know it's all happening at 13.10BST, as the tweet's text states correctly.

They had one job on that graphic...
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    JG007 wrote:

Well I wouldn't look forward too much to a Zane programme! :)
    But the rest of it will be good. Apart from the sure-to-be-disappointing title, of course. Still, it gives us all something to moan about tomorrow! :)

Agreed, although that programme will no doubt be an overview of the days events its nice that Bond is back amongst the headlines and being talked about and we'll have something to properly talk about based on facts as opposed to hearsay and rumours.

Positive either way and something to talk about -{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Believe will be streamed live on 007 You Tube channel

I hope you're right.

As Sky Cinema is a sister channel to Sky News I am hoping Sky News covers it all.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Believe will be streamed live on 007 You Tube channel

I hope you're right.

As Sky Cinema is a sister channel to Sky News I am hoping Sky News covers it all.

Me too. Only sky channel I have :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Will this be available to watch on NOW TV in the UK? I don't have sky, but I bought NOW TV for Game Of Thrones, hoping I can watch this bond stuff on there too?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    So anyone want to be bold or foolish enough to make a final prediction what the title is?

I am going to predict...

DEATH TO SPIES

;)

The Property Of A Lady because of the #metoo rumours.

But I have a horrible feeling it will be "007", I really hope that won't happen.

The Garden Of Death is my #1 wish, but I doubt it will happen, as no Japan location rumours.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    So did people think only the Good Morning America show was announcing it? I don't quite understand.
    emtiem wrote:
    So did people think only the Good Morning America show was announcing it? I don't quite understand.

I think GMA and perhaps GMB are going to have some exclusive content, separate and apart from the main announcement. So before EON announced the official Bond 25 reveal, it looked like only those two outlets were going to be featuring Bond 25-related content.
    emtiem wrote:

I think GMA and perhaps GMB are going to have some exclusive content, separate and apart from the main announcement. So before EON announced the official Bond 25 reveal, it looked like only those two outlets were going to be featuring Bond 25-related content.

Isn't it more likely they're just saying 'exclusive' like these things always do, without it actually really being so? After all, if you have a two-minute interview booked with Dan Craig, it's 'exclusively' only you who'll have what he'll say to you, despite him probably repeating himself to everyone else in the junket that day.
    emtiem wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Isn't it more likely they're just saying 'exclusive' like these things always do, without it actually really being so? After all, if you have a two-minute interview booked with Dan Craig, it's 'exclusively' only you who'll have what he'll say to you, despite him probably repeating himself to everyone else in the junket that day.

That also seems plausible.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,429Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    I encourage the Mods to get enough sleep tonight, because I think there will be a lot of moderating to do tomorrow :D

Oh nothing would give me greater pleasure, but unfortunately I do have a... business appointment. :#
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    https://twitter.com/Heineken/status/1121067158811942918

"Unlock exclusive #Bond25 content tomorrow at 14:10 CEST!"
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
    Red_Snow wrote:
    https://twitter.com/Heineken/status/1121067158811942918

"Unlock exclusive #Bond25 content tomorrow at 14:10 CEST!"

Blimey; they're starting early. I don't think I've seen a sponsor use the press launch before!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Surprised Jamaican media not snapped any of the cast yet on arrival. Must be really locked down

Silly question but do we know for sure it's Jamaica?
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Surprised Jamaican media not snapped any of the cast yet on arrival. Must be really locked down

Silly question but do we know for sure it's Jamaica?

Yes, the plane was spotted at ...airport near Kingston.

46549182-A5-CE-4471-97-E4-528-C2-CF9-F428.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Well, a plane was. Or rather: a plane was somewhere sunny! Once! :)
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Strange that they flew into the southern part of the island when most of the important Bond locales are in the north...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "That's just what they expect us to do !" :007)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I am just so glad its finally got to this point and we're going to have some sort of official start to filming. Whether we have the complete cast line up and title and synopsis, or just DC, Fukunaga and Mike Wilson saying how lovely Jamaica is, at least it's finally happening.

Wayback in 2015, I was happy to accept the idea that it would be a 3-year wait. I knew DC was contracted for another so I always thought it was likely he would do another. I was ready for November 2018.

2016 went by, 2017 came, and then we had the surprise July announcement of a 2019 release. But what was Daniel doing? Finally DC announced he was coming back for another in August 2017.

Disappointed, I was ready for 2019, it was a four year gap, Skyfall was a four year gap, it's DC's last, apparently, Bond25 could only be a good one.

A year later, Danny Boyle had quit, and three or so months after officially taking the job. WTF. I know people say there has always been a bit of drama behind the scenes and I know we had a six year gap with LTK and GE and a four year gap between Quantum and Skyfall, but we knew MGM had financial trouble in the 1990s, and we knew Sam Mendes was involved a long time before cameras rolled on Skyfall - there was a plan.

I'm just relieved the chaos has ended. Purvis & Wade said they didn't know how to write a post-Brexit Bond film. The Brexit chaos seems to have had a similar effect on the Bond process.

Yet, finally, the wagons are rolling, finally we're going to get some solid info, finally we can have a lot of confidence that in April next year, James Bond really is going to return. About bloody time.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    Don't forget: We have seen James Bond (the character, not Daniel Craig) ordered by M to cross-dress to protest the wage gap. If they go woke on this we must boycott, but so far #MeToo can only be found in the tabloids. These Victim/Oppressor mentalities are the apotheosis of the Cold War, the very thing James Bond was created to oppose.

In line with EONs belief that each film should reflect the biggest problem facing the world, it is clear that that threat has already been hinted at in both Quantum and Spectre. It should be the same threat, only infinitely worse: How easy it is (and has been) for a rogue organization/ideology to infiltrate and corrupt the very fabric of government and the media. We have seen only two double agents, one a field agent and one overseer Maxwell Denbigh. Why is it that each time Mi6 is so easily infiltrated, it leaves it at that and doesn't investigate the legitimacy of other operatives? I am not talking of where their nationality lies so much as where their ideologies lie, since the people in control insist that there are no nations. The admittedly Orwellian NINE EYES vote that took place in Spectre is an actual declassified existing program with the exact same name, only from what Edward Snowden has since leaked their are actually as many as 14 eyes. How insane is it that we were being warned through fiction of the potential for global mass surveillance under a New World Intelligence but were already living under it?

Let's be clear: NINE EYES is SPECTRE. The West hasn't been taken by Russians. It has been taken by ideological subversion of useful idiots in line with Yuri Bresmenov's the escaped Soviet informant's teachings. Mi6 is in all likelihood a subbranch of Spectre as much as Quantum was. I understand they were trying to do this very thing with the CIA. Wouldn't it be Mi6 as well if they are both part of NINE EYES, or was NINE EYES never officially stamped and this Universe is freer than we are? To me, it seemed like everyone signed it except Mi6 and South Africa, then South Africa got bombed and signed it. Seems silly to require all 9 eyes to sign in to law when they could just call it EIGHT EYES and open the 9th eye later on.

Furthermore might we see a brainwashed Bond, a'la TMWTGG, attempt an assassination of M as he is the only man stopping SPECTRE from a complete tentacle hold on Mi6? Or is brainwashing to such an extent (as our views on brainwashing have been subverted to a cartoony impossibility) now seen as pastiche? I would like to think that lobotomy machine did something if anything.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Ecoterrorism