Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Found it - it‘s the sun, so take it with a grain of salt

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8621426/james-bond-aston-martin-rapide-e/
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,743MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    20190428-111514.jpg

Seems to me there are some similarities with the plot synopsis of Bond 25 and the Gardner continuation. Nuclear scientist, Bond not on active duty, crazy terrorist type!
    And with some scenes confirmed to be filmed in London, that could mean Bond heading back to Mi6 to get his licence renewed, oh and pick up the electric Aston Martin!

I can't see him using the electric Aston they just announced: it's a four-door and they're only building 155 of them- they'll have sold out and stopped making them by the time the film is out! :)
    Well they purpose built the db10 exclusively for Spectre, so I don't think limited numbers are an issue, but I mentioned it as a tongue in cheek aside.

Well the DB10 was great brand exercise and lead pretty closely to the new Vantage which hadn't been unveiled at that point; the Rapide is an old (four door!) car which they're stopping making that they're putting an electric motor in and it'll be long gone by the time the film is out- I don't see them pushing that. I know you weren't making a solid serious case, but it's a different sort of 'limited numbers'.
    They may well have a new electric sportscar out by the time the film is out though, so you might be right! :)
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    The first (unofficial) on set-photos, taken by what appears to be a local resident

BEAFD8-C7-25-EE-4-A11-A65-D-7-EE58-F6-A033-E.jpg

FB445629-827-D-4-F13-986-E-8872505-E4-BE5.jpg

edit: Billy Magnussen is now also in Jamaica (see his IG)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,840MI6 Agent
    Good find, but I like this more official photo better:

12714270-6961353-Lea_Seydoux_left_and_Ana_de_Armas_pose_for_photographers_during_-a-144_1556238217357.jpg
    Nice one, Number24 -{

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

12714270-6961353-Lea_Seydoux_left_and_Ana_de_Armas_pose_for_photographers_during_-a-144_1556238217357.jpg

Ana acted with Craig in the upcoming "Knives Out" so it might be a case of him having made a case for her. There have been reports that he gets a say on who gets cast for the female roles. To which I say, "Good going, Danny!"
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,169MI6 Agent
    Lovely photo.
    Cheverian wrote:
    There have been reports that he gets a say on who gets cast for the female roles. To which I say, "Good going, Danny!"
    "I can think of no better arrangement."
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Oh my...I'm suddenly significantly more excited for this film!
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    The first (unofficial) on set-photos, taken by what appears to be a local resident

BEAFD8-C7-25-EE-4-A11-A65-D-7-EE58-F6-A033-E.jpg

FB445629-827-D-4-F13-986-E-8872505-E4-BE5.jpg

edit: Billy Magnussen is now also in Jamaica (see his IG)

I doubt even Simon R can get an ID in Craig’s sunglasses and top from that... :))
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    thats not Craig is it? :))
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.

That’s him in the passenger seat of the 4WD isn’t it?
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Looks like it to me.

Bond wears sunglasses and a short sleeved top in Jamaica in bond 25, confirmed!
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    Land Rover Series III 88 series -{
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Schwing!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    JTM wrote:

I don’t think it is.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    So the Sun had an article talking about Ana de Armas and some of her nude scenes and a few comments caught my eye and gave me major concerns....

"Bond25 had been dubbed the "MeToo" Bond because it is set to feature a 'woke' 007.

DC in his infinite wisdom or stupidity demanded that Phoebe Waller-Bridge be brought on as co-writer.

And.....

Producer Barbara Broccoli said recently that Bond’s attitudes to women would be moving with the times.

She said: “The Me Too movement has had a huge impact – rightfully, thankfully – on society, and these films should reflect that, as everything we do should.”

Don't get me wrong I generally like DC's portrayal of Bond BUT I'm not liking the choices he's making and I certainly don't want a SJW Bond!
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Next On-Set pic:

4-E0-DA68-C-3035-49-D8-9840-08674-ED1-BC97.png

MikeG77 wrote:
    So the Sun had an article talking about Ana de Armas and some of her nude scenes and a few comments caught my eye and gave me major concerns....

"Bond25 had been dubbed the "MeToo" Bond because it is set to feature a 'woke' 007.

DC in his infinite wisdom or stupidity demanded that Phoebe Waller-Bridge be brought on as co-writer.

And.....

Producer Barbara Broccoli said recently that Bond’s attitudes to women would be moving with the times.

She said: “The Me Too movement has had a huge impact – rightfully, thankfully – on society, and these films should reflect that, as everything we do should.”

Don't get me wrong I generally like DC's portrayal of Bond BUT I'm not liking the choices he's making and I certainly don't want a SJW Bond!

Read the article again, decide whether it’s true or they’re trying to provoke reactions in you and whether they have an axe to grind.
    emtiem wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

And.....

Read the article again, decide whether it’s true or they’re trying to provoke reactions in you and whether they have an axe to grind.

Oh trust me I read the article twice just make sure I wasn't losing my mind! Now is the writer trying to get a rise out of people myself included....probably but I think that there is some truth in it!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

And.....

Oh trust me I read the article twice just make sure I wasn't losing my mind! Now is the writer trying to get a rise out of people myself included....probably but I think that there is some truth in it!

Where’s their evidence? These articles are saying Bond fans are ‘up in arms’ at the launch event. Are we?
    The only things getting fans got under the collar are these excrement-stirring articles: so I wouldn’t believe them if I were you. There’s a distinct whiff of them having some sort of vendetta against Craig: I have no idea why. I guess vilifying someone and creating some sort of scandal makes for an interesting story.

People are really quick to believe tabloid stories around here. Didn’t you see Tomorrow Never Dies? :D
    Barabarra Broccoli has said more than once that Bond25 will be influenced by #MeToo. But what can that mean? Bond won't slapp women on their butts and say "Man talk". He won't use women's bikini tops to threathen to strangle them unless they talk. We haven't seen that sort of thing in a long time. Why? Because the movies have to reflect the times we live in, up to a point.
    Barabara Broccoli has also said she wants interesting female characters in the movies. Is all this a bad thing?
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Barabarra Broccoli has said more than once that Bond25 will be influenced by #MeToo. But what can that mean? Bond won't slapp women on their butts and say "Man talk". He won't use women's bikini tops to threathen to strangle them unless they talk. We haven't seen that sort of thing in a long time. Why? Because the movies have to reflect the times we live in, up to a point.
    Barabara Broccoli has also said she wants interesting female characters in the movies. Is all this a bad thing?

Well said and my thoughts exactly. For more recent examples, I hope it means no more sneaking into showers with sex slaves and forcing himself on women in general. Anyone who says that would be social justice warrior stuff should take a long hard look at themselves and their values tbh.
    Number24 wrote:

Exactly; there's nothing new or surprising about that; and if she's asked about feminist movements to do with sexual assaults she's hardly going to say "Yeah we're just going to ignore all that- who cares?"! :)
    I'm not saying she's lying at all, but it's no surprise that they're against sexual assault is it? They're sensible, adult humans.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    A talented writer will be able to walk the line between the
    Modern #metoo movement, yet keep the innuendo and
    Cutting jibes towards villains etc. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Just have the women seducing Bond all the time instead like many of the old times :D

007 won't mind one bit at all
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    005 wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Well said and my thoughts exactly. For more recent examples, I hope it means no more sneaking into showers with sex slaves and forcing himself on women in general. Anyone who says that would be social justice warrior stuff should take a long hard look at themselves and their values tbh.

I think that shower scene was probably the worst thing Bond did and I still don't understand the point of that scene? The Moneypenny scene was also one that had me scratching my head but Craig's Bond isn't as bad as previous portrayals.
    The shower scene could've been easily fixed by having her invite him to join her, just a little wave of the hand and a smile. It would've been a much better scene.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To be honest she didn't seem to mind at all ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    Here we go again :s .....Please don't take the tab bait again. As pointed out by others, Bond has evolved in the films and the Bond of the Craig era has been anything but misogynistic. Barbara Broccoli has been very clear that they have no intention of emasculating James Bond. I think what you will see in Bond 25 are strong female characters and Craig's Bond will continue to be .....Craig's Bond.
    emtiem wrote:
    JTM wrote:

I don’t think it is.

Yeah it's definitely Craig, see B25 wardrobe thread.