Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,842MI6 Agent
    To be more serious, it looks like some of the scenes shot on Jamaica is supposed to be Cuba. It's possible other countries (Venezuela?) has murals like that, or perhaps it's a fictional country like they did in LTK and the embassy in CR. But Cuba is the obvious assumption.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    It does appear that Jamaica is doubling as Cuba. It would probably take two days for Bond to get to Cuba in his yacht from Jamaica. Bond 25 doesn't strike me that it is going to be much of a suit/tie/tux kind of film except possibly when they get to London and/or Italy.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,743MI6 Agent
    ...Back on topic, I'm glad that Jamaica figures into Bond 25, at least early on; there's a nice sense of 'full circle,' given that the very first shot of DN was accomplished at the airport in Kingston.

Well only if it's the last one ever, which I hope it isn't! :)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    HowardB wrote:
    It does appear that Jamaica is doubling as Cuba. It would probably take two days for Bond to get to Cuba in his yacht from Jamaica. Bond 25 doesn't strike me that it is going to be much of a suit/tie/tux kind of film except possibly when they get to London and/or Italy.

I thought the Land Rover license plates were def Jamaican?

Maybe Jamaica used as both?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent
    Bond drives the Land Rover under a Jamaican flag

DBAB6-D8-B-54-EB-4292-A0-FF-A71-B7-FBBBA28.jpg
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Maybe Moneypenny is actually filming in Jamacia and she will be the agent that Bond is called out of semi-retirement to save?
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,547MI6 Agent

The flag is so high it's unlikely to be in the shot that includes Bond and the Land Rover.

Thanks for the spoiler picture of the revolutionary mural in your post #5492, it's nice to see that I called it right. :D :D :D

BTW the flag shown on the mural is the Cuban flag. It's Cuba, bitches. :))

IMHO that picture should have been for the spoiler thread... 8-)

Naomie Harris said she isn't filming in Jamaica, so she isn't the one getting saved.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    I‘m sure some scenes filmed in Jamaica will actually portray Jamaica. They wouldn‘t have always said „we‘re bringing Bond home“ if it would double only for another place.
    So I think we‘re getting Cuba and Jamaica.

And a Bond taking place greatly in the Caribbean, I‘d be up for that! :D

Edit: And maybe this is what the scenes filmed on the yacht show us; Bond sailing from Jamaica to Cuba to possibly meet soneone (contact, Leiter,...)?
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Someone wrote:

The flag is so high it's unlikely to be in the shot that includes Bond and the Land Rover.

Thanks for the spoiler picture of the revolutionary mural in your post #5492, it's nice to see that I called it right. :D :D :D

Naomie Harris said she isn't filming in Jamaica, so she isn't the one getting saved.

It looks like it’s Cuba and Jamaica: the car bits are Jamaica by the looks of it. No need to be so defensive about a theory or just ignore the bits that disagree with it. It’s not fun if folks play like that.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Someone wrote:

It looks like it’s Cuba and Jamaica: the car bits are Jamaica by the looks of it. No need to be so defensive about a theory or just ignore the bits that disagree with it. It’s not fun if folks play like that.

Well now that you bring that up, you were actually quite disagreeable and defensive towards Someone regarding his Cuba theories over in the spoiler thread...so how about we give him a break and move on from this.
    005 wrote:
    Maybe Moneypenny is actually filming in Jamacia and she will be the agent that Bond is called out of semi-retirement to save?

Bond is asked to find a scientist, not an agent.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Apologies for being pedantic, but how do we know the Cuban mural is even in the film? I must be missing something.
    Apologies for being pedantic, but how do we know the Cuban mural is even in the film? I must be missing something.

I'd be happy to hear more from Arbogast777, but for me, what is clear is that the boat
    next to the mural/poster is the same boat we see near the floatplane which has been seen in other Bond25 related pictures.
    https://twitter.com/PapaPownall/status/1122476923257487360

To add to the Cuba theory, the Other Place, has a post dated 29 April with a casting call for Cubans to film in Portland, Jamaica.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19099/bond-25-filming-thread-minor-spoilers-allowed/p6
    Someone wrote:
    I'd be happy to hear more from Arbogast777, but for me, what is clear is that the boat

Feel free to ask...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Station_Z/status/1123490003483529221
    edited May 2019
    How likely is that someone has built such a mural on Jamaica unrelated to the filming of Bond25, and what's the likelihood of that mural ending up on those photos? I don't know much about Jamaica, but I still think I know what more knowledgeable people will answer.
    There is a mural like that miles from my house here in the northern US. It features Che Guevara. I really think people are overthinking this.
    How interesting. What's the history of this mural? Perhaps made by communists back in the 70's? I guess it's pretty controversial, right?
    If you Google the politician Ilhan Omar, this is her area. Believe me in that neighborhood it is not controversial ;)

Just people sympathetic to the cause. If I happen to drive that way I'll take a pic. The point being though that I would not assume that the mural in Jamaica necessarily means it's Cuba...
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    There is a mural like that miles from my house here in the northern US. It features Che Guevara. I really think people are overthinking this.

Ok, so I didn’t miss anything. These pictures barely suggest, let alone offer proof that Jamaica will stand-in for Cuba. As usual, rampant speculation becomes accepted fact in a matter of hours. Just another day in the Bond 25 thread. 8-)
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    New BTS-pic of the director:

3-CF78-C95-BB7-C-4-C81-A27-A-180631-C612-FC.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    If you Google the politician Ilhan Omar, this is her area. Believe me in that neighborhood it is not controversial ;)

Just people sympathetic to the cause. If I happen to drive that way I'll take a pic. The point being though that I would not assume that the mural in Jamaica necessarily means it's Cuba...

That is a good point, revolutionary imagery could be from elsewhere in the world, but I'd point to what can be seen at the Other Place. THIS HAS SPOILERS. DO NOT CLICK ON THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE SPOILERS
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19099/bond-25-filming-thread-minor-spoilers-allowed/p6
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    New BTS-pic of the director:

3-CF78-C95-BB7-C-4-C81-A27-A-180631-C612-FC.jpg

Nice to see he has style when on the set. Gives me good vibes.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Nice to see he has style when on the set. Gives me good vibes.

He definitely deserves a What's Cary Wearing instagram {[]

The mural doesn't have to mean it's Cuba, but why show it if it isn't to show the audience it's Cuba? While there are Castro and Che mural in other countries, people think Cuba when they see murals like that.

I would like it if Bond goes to Cuba. So few movies take place in that country, and it's a tropical countries that don't see very many tourists. It's still exotic.
    JTM wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Someone wrote:

Well now that you bring that up, you were actually quite disagreeable and defensive towards Someone regarding his Cuba theories over in the spoiler thread...so how about we give him a break and move on from this.

No I wasn’t: I just said there was a Jamaican taxi on location. How is that unpleasant? What are you saying I’m defensive about? I don’t follow your point.
    Number24 wrote:
    The mural doesn't have to mean it's Cuba, but why show it if it isn't to show the audience it's Cuba? While there are Castro and Che mural in other countries, people think Cuba when they see murals like that.

Nobody here has claimed the mural is going to be in the movie at all. Again, I think you are really overthinking this.
    Number24 wrote:
    I would like it if Bond goes to Cuba. So few movies take place in that country, and it's a tropical countries that don't see very many tourists. It's still exotic.

Bond has been to Cuba. Very recently...
    It's of course possible it's not for the movie, but it looks likely-
    Bond was in Cuba in DAD, but the only other action movie with scenes in "Cuba" I can think of is Miami Vice.

Lea Seydoux to the French magazine Madamme Figaro: “I do not have the right to speak about it, I read a scene of the film, the script is in perpetual change”. Not a good sign.

https://amp-madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/lea-seydoux-entre-daniel-craig-et-moi-cest-vrai-que-ca-matche-james-bond-roubaix-une-lumiere-festival-de-cannes-260419-164895
    Number24 wrote:

Nobody here has claimed the mural is going to be in the movie at all. Again, I think you are really overthinking this.

I’m presuming the photo was taken because of the mural: there’s nothing else of interest in it!
    Other than a microdot which says that a female tourist inadvertently took the photo and has been liquidated.
    Number24 wrote:
    It's of course possible it's not for the movie, but it looks likely-
    Bond was in Cuba in DAD, but the only other action movie with scenes in "Cuba" I can think of is Miami Vice.

Lea Seydoux to the French magazine Madamme Figaro: “I do not have the right to speak about it, I read a scene of the film, the script is in perpetual change”. Not a good sign.

https://amp-madame.lefigaro.fr/celebrites/lea-seydoux-entre-daniel-craig-et-moi-cest-vrai-que-ca-matche-james-bond-roubaix-une-lumiere-festival-de-cannes-260419-164895

Plus ça change...
    The main takeaway with that Lea Seydoux article is that next week she is going to Budapest to shoot a movie, suggesting that she might not be featured in much if any of the Jamaica scenes...