Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    It is three years since spectre. The film has not even begin to be made yet. At this rate it will be five or even six years since spectre before the next James Bond?
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Surely the young female agent, is the perfect opportunity to introduce the character called "Gala Brand".

They've had two opportunities to do that already, and have declined!

Which is a pity. She is one of my favourite Fleming book characters.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,373Chief of Staff
    Agreed, which is a pity. They have been at the Moonraker well twice, and left out some good characters and incidents. Some updating would be required, of course.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    It is three years since spectre. The film has not even begin to be made yet. At this rate it will be five or even six years since spectre before the next James Bond?

There is an official release date for Bond 25: November 9th 2019
    So four years after SPECTRE. No more than three years would be my preference but that's how it is these days.
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Do you think maybe we’re at the stage we’re they will start to abandon what’s left of the books and come up with new baddies, organisations etc? They have filmed a lot of the written stuff and there’s always pressure to come up with fresh stuff, bigger chases, bigger bangs! Effects etc etc
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

So four years after SPECTRE. No more than three years would be my preference but that's how it is these days.

Thank you. I see tonight that there is a film directed by Danny Boyle on television '28 days later' (?) I will watch this as he is going to be the director of the next James Bond film. I think I may not like this film though as it is about horror or Juju both of which I am not a fan. I think it will be interesting to see how Danny Boyle directs films. I have never heard of this man until his name was said for the next James Bond.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    Joshua wrote:

Thank you. I see tonight that there is a film directed by Danny Boyle on television '28 days later' (?) I will watch this as he is going to be the director of the next James Bond film. I think I may not like this film though as it is about horror or Juju both of which I am not a fan. I think it will be interesting to see how Danny Boyle directs films. I have never heard of this man until his name was said for the next James Bond.

He is a quality Director. 28
    Days Later is not my cup of Darjeeling either but it is well executed with a keen visual style.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Boyle, who is talented and award winning is eclectic. His films vary greatly but there is always a certain intelligence and wit to them, even a zombie film like 28 Days Later. While Slumdog Millionaire is his great critical/award winning/box office success, IMO, Trainspotting is his masterpiece. Boyle and his screenwriter (and Bond 25 writer) John Hodge were able to adapt a novel that was considered to be unfilmable into a great film. Trainspotting has classic, unforgettable performances from literally an entire cast, some incredibly dark moments that coexist with some really, laugh out loud funny scenes. While not an action film, the action sequences are quite good, staged extremely well and filmed at an almost frenetic pace (something 28 Days Later has been lauded for). In fact, pace wise, Trainspotting brings to mind The French Connection. Very much like the classic Barry scored Bond films, music is also a key ingredient to the mood and pace of the film. Dark humor and suspense are also a key ingredient of another Boyle/Hodge film, Shallow Grave. All the aforementioned IMO add up to the potential for a great Bond film. Just a little side note: There's got to be a role for Scottish actor Ewen Bremner in Bond 25. Bremner was great in Trainspotting 1 and 2 and has to be one of the funniest character actors around today.
  • John Francis KennedyJohn Francis Kennedy South lanarkshire, ScotlandPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    edited April 2018
    Oh dear.. I just pictured ewen bremner being sick into that poly bag in trainspotting2, something’s just can’t be unseen.

Who can forget what Boyle did for the London olympics, incredible, talent with a capital T.

JFK
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Craig confirms Bond 25...

https://youtu.be/W5ecJqtIF9Q
    Thanks for posting. Craig looks so much better than he did at the BAFTA Awards. His face is so much slimmer. One does have to wonder if his puffy face was the result of his having some "work" done that hadn't quite completely healed (or a little too much Botox). Looks like he will be in fine Bond shape by the time the cameras start rolling for Bond 25. Also, a nice gesture on his part auctioning off the Aston for charity. I would imagine that Aston went for some serious $$$$.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Thanks for posting. Craig looks so much better than he did at the BAFTA Awards. His face is so much slimmer. One does have to wonder if his puffy face was the result of his having some "work" done that hadn't quite completely healed (or a little too much Botox). Looks like he will be in fine Bond shape by the time the cameras start rolling for Bond 25. Also, a nice gesture on his part auctioning off the Aston for charity. I would imagine that Aston went for some serious $$$$.

I think he's had some work done. He looks very good for someone who is 50 years old. His hairline has also stayed remarkably consistent for years now despite it obviously eroding for a while. There is a surgical robot that can take individual hair follicles from one part of the scalp and inject them elsewhere on the scalp.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Joshua wrote:

They will start in Dec./ January film until June-locations and pinewood and then go into studio for indoor scenes.
    Then between June and Sept. the music and titles will be filmed and finishing touches and edited.

Then it is in the cinemas from November 2019 onwards

Bleuville.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,331MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

I think he's had some work done. He looks very good for someone who is 50 years old. His hairline has also stayed remarkably consistent for years now despite it obviously eroding for a while. There is a surgical robot that can take individual hair follicles from one part of the scalp and inject them elsewhere on the scalp.

"Boys and girls, if you all clap and REALLY believe that Craig won't make Bond 25, it can come true! Clap and BELIEVE!"
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm 42 and my hairline has never moved!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Luckily as you get older, to compensate for losing
    Hair on your head Nature gives you extra hair in
    Your nose and ears ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,810MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'm 42 and my hairline has never moved!

Ha! I'm 46 and my hair line is fine :p
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,144MI6 Agent
    Craig confirms Bond 25...

https://youtu.be/W5ecJqtIF9Q

DC looking pretty good in that interview IMO. Like his hair.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    IMO, whether or not Craig has had "work" done or not is pretty much immaterial. The bottom line is he looks very good. He appears refreshed and fit as opposed to people who have "work" done and end up with that awful creepy unnatural plastic surgery look.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

I don't know whether he has or hasn't had work done, but his face looks so much smoother compared to every other photo of him.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Someone wrote:
    I think he's had some work done. He looks very good for someone who is 50 years old.

Ahem. I'm a full year older than Craig, and plenty of us in our fifties look good. Long gone are the days when people started to look like hell as soon as they hit 35. (And I have a full head of hair--by nature!--even if it's now mostly gray. . .which some women have told me is sexy. B-) ) So put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :007)
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    My hairline hasn't receded either, but my forehead has grown larger which has led some to claim that it has! :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Whatever work Craig had done, it turned out exceptionally well. He's looking healthy and no longer beyond his years.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I remember a co-worker once having microderm abrasion done after getting a free gift certificate. When I saw him afterwards, I would have sworn he'd just had a facelift or Botox as his face looked tight and shiny. It only looked that way for a few days (thank goodness for him, because he was getting terrible abuse from his mates!) but ever since then it's made me wonder if someone who suddenly looks more youthful has actually just had that done rather than something more serious.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Someone wrote:
    I think he's had some work done. He looks very good for someone who is 50 years old.

Ahem. I'm a full year older than Craig, and plenty of us in our fifties look good. Long gone are the days when people started to look like hell as soon as they hit 35. (And I have a full head of hair--by nature!--even if it's now mostly gray. . .which some women have told me is sexy. B-) ) So put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :007)

Hear, hear!
    I'm almost 61 and look much younger. Now I said I look much younger, I didn't say I look good :s :))
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Whatever work Craig had done, it turned out exceptionally well. He's looking healthy and no longer beyond his years.

He’s looking much better, isn’t he? Maybe he did have some work done, or perhaps diet, rest, and exercise are the culprits. Possibly all of the above.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think there's a new clinic using the
    Unorthodox method for rejuvenation
    Of wrist slashing ! ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Craig did say when he announced his return for one more that he wanted to go out on a high note. So it's no surprise that he appears to be doing his part to not be the fat old Bond who stayed for one film too many. Is it just me, but in the video from the car auction when Craig responds that he is doing Bond 25 next does he not seem genuinely happy with that grin and gleam in his eyes? He appears to have come a long way from "I'd rather slash my wrists".
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Craig did say when he announced his return for one more that he wanted to go out on a high note. So it's no surprise that he appears to be doing his part to not be the fat old Bond who stayed for one film too many. Is it just me, but in the video from the car auction when Craig responds that he is doing Bond 25 next does he not seem genuinely happy with that grin and gleam in his eyes? He appears to have come a long way from "I'd rather slash my wrists".

I saw that as wel interesing that his response was different to his Wife's re Danny Boyle. On that subject the Boyle Richard Curtis film will be shooting scenes yards from my house in May. They are currently doing pretty production work on the Beach for a stunt scene.

N.B. 'pretty production ' was a typo but I left it as I liked it.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.