Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    edited April 2018
    Jarvio wrote:
    It better not be delayed. If it is, what on earth are they farting about at? ?:)

Remember, none of this is coming from any "sources" much less "anonymous sources" much, much less EON itself.
    It's all fodder coming from Variety and the internet....with a good dose of our own paranoia primarily from a lack of any
    official information. At best, conclusions are being drawn from rather flimsy, circumstantial evidence ie Boyle has another film scheduled for release Sept 2019 so Bond 25 must be delayed. As far as the "farting about" (I love that expression, my Dad used it all the time generally directed at me) we really have no idea. My guess is that there is much, much more going on than we know. I am a big believer in the theory that EON is playing things very close to the vest with any information due to the Sony hacks and is attempting to tightly control all info regarding Bond 25 to the point of keeping things from cast members, etc. The less known, the less that can be leaked. For me, what we do know is pretty positive: Craig is back for one more and he looks healthy, fit, and happy about it, Danny Boyle is directing from a script by John Hodges instead of the P&W script and until EON says otherwise, Bond 25 will be released November 2019. :) -{ {[]
  • JameB0nd_FanJameB0nd_Fan Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Thank you HowardB, I appreciate your update...as I have been trawling through multiple articles to cross reference the latest information and I agree, I think November 2019 looks most likely.

In Nov & Dec of 2019, it looks like the following films are likely to be released and therefore be competitors at the box office:
    - Wonder Woman 2
    - Star Wars Episode IX
    - Another 'Terminator' film

Whereas in Summer of 2020, you are likely to have:
    - One or two Marvel Films
    - A DC Extended Universe Film
    - Red Notice (Dwayne Johnson)
    - Indiana Jones Sequel

Roll on November 2019 -{ :)
  • Revs1972Revs1972 Posts: 78MI6 Agent
    There's plenty of time to get it out for Nov 19
    The internal sets for spectre were not built until early November 14, and the collapsing building ( Opening shot) was not built until March 15. Was
    Not entirely sure when they filmed in Mexico but I think around March 15 rings a bell, so there is no rush yet :007)
  • philpogphilpog Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Thank you HowardB, I appreciate your update...as I have been trawling through multiple articles to cross reference the latest information and I agree, I think November 2019 looks most likely.

I'm expecting Bond 25 to be pushed back a full year to November 2020. There's no way EON will do another summer release, not after what happened with LTK.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Revs1972 wrote:
    There's plenty of time to get it out for Nov 19
    The internal sets for spectre were not built until early November 14, and the collapsing building ( Opening shot) was not built until March 15. Was
    Not entirely sure when they filmed in Mexico but I think around March 15 rings a bell, so there is no rush yet :007)
    I'm currently working on a big budget studio film that comes out around Thanksgiving and around 70% of the film hasn't even been shot yet, we are finishing the finale this week. Bond is going to be alright.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    Let’s all not forget that DC is supposed to shoot “Purity” after Bond 25, so he might be under contract to start that by a certain date and may not be able to postpone Bond...
  • BondpuristBondpurist VauxhallPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Let’s all not forget that DC is supposed to shoot “Purity” after Bond 25, so he might be under contract to start that by a certain date and may not be able to postpone Bond...

I totally forgot that was still happening...
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    philpog wrote:

I'm expecting Bond 25 to be pushed back a full year to November 2020. There's no way EON will do another summer release, not after what happened with LTK.

I'd say November 2021, due to Craig parting ways so he doesn't have to wait another year. Then a re-cast. That 2021 release date will again be delayed to 2022 to make the 60th anniversary. That will be delayed because by then, Danny Boyle will lose interest in his so called "amazing idea", a new concept and approach will need to be taken and B25 will FINALLY hit the screens in November of 2025, a full 10 years after SPECTRE. The new tradition will become one Bond film every 10 years.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,486Chief of Staff
    I wish I could say that's pessimistic :( .
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    Purity was announced June 2016. Craig must have some major influence on Showtime if they're prepared to wait four or more years to make the show. I know some people rate Craig as a good actor but man, he'd have to be the greatest actor ever for Showtime to delay the show for five years in order to wait for him.

"We must have Daniel Craig - we'll wait forever if we have to!" :D

Couldn't they just recast the role? Rhetorical question!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Purity was announced June 2016. Craig must have some major influence on Showtime if they're prepared to wait four or more years to make the show. I know some people rate Craig as a good actor but man, he'd have to be the greatest actor ever for Showtime to delay the show for five years in order to wait for him. "We must have Daniel Craig - we'll wait forever if we have to! :D

Think shooting was supposed to start this year for Purity originally or was it late 2017??? So I guess if he starts next year after Bond it is not quite that big a delay. 2 or 3 maybe?

Guess they indeed want him
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    IMDB has Purity as 2018 so I think your're right on the initial date. Showtime may have made a tactical error assuming Craig wouldn't be returning to Bond. Does seem strange to cast him in a major tv show - lots of episodes to film - whilst still attached to Bond. I think they thought he wouldn't come back. Just a guess.
    bonded123 wrote:
    IMDB has Purity as 2018 so I think your're right on the initial date. Showtime may have made a tactical error assuming Craig wouldn't be returning to Bond. Does seem strange to cast him in a major tv show - lots of episodes to film - whilst still attached to Bond. I think they thought he wouldn't come back. Just a guess.

If you look at the press Showtime put out last year, it was after Craig announced he was returning to Bond and a release date for Bond 25 had been set up....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/daniel-craig-drama-purity-wont-air-showtime-bond-1027904
    ToTheRight wrote:
    philpog wrote:

I'd say November 2021, due to Craig parting ways so he doesn't have to wait another year. Then a re-cast. That 2021 release date will again be delayed to 2022 to make the 60th anniversary. That will be delayed because by then, Danny Boyle will lose interest in his so called "amazing idea", a new concept and approach will need to be taken and B25 will FINALLY hit the screens in November of 2025, a full 10 years after SPECTRE. The new tradition will become one Bond film every 10 years.

Are you serious or just kidding? Craig just reconfirmed at his car auction for charity last week that Bond 25 was next for him.
    This is a totally different situation than what happened with Dalton (which I assume is what you are basing your theory on). EON was embroiled in a prolonged legal battle over Bond rights that could potentially drag on for years so Dalton opted to move on. There's nothing here except some alleged time issues with the director which may not even be an issue.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    The only thing that could delay Bond 25 is if there isn't an international distributor because they need the fund to film. But we don't know what the status is on that. If Boyle's other film is being released during post-production of Bond 25, he will need to take a week or so off from his work on Bond 25. Is that why people think that Bond 25 will need to be delayed?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The only thing that could delay Bond 25 is if there isn't an international distributor because they need the fund to film. But we don't know what the status is on that. If Boyle's other film is being released during post-production of Bond 25, he will need to take a week or so off from his work on Bond 25. Is that why people think that Bond 25 will need to be delayed?

I agree that the distribution and / or potential sale of MGM have a higher likelihood to delay Bond 25 than anything having to do with Boyle. I also think that if they delay it another year (or more) that it’s time to recast the role. But let’s wait to hear something official before we all panic over a throwaway line in a couple of Trade papers.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 361MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Purity was announced June 2016. Craig must have some major influence on Showtime if they're prepared to wait four or more years to make the show. I know some people rate Craig as a good actor but man, he'd have to be the greatest actor ever for Showtime to delay the show for five years in order to wait for him.

"We must have Daniel Craig - we'll wait forever if we have to!" :D

Craig bought the rights to the book.
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
    Dave Bautista posted a very interesting pic on Instagram today
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

It seems that Boyle is committed to three films to be made in the next 18 months. Bond 25 alone will take about 14 months for pre-production, production, and post production. It's hard to see how Boyle can do all three unless he borrows Dr. Who's Tardis.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Dave Bautista posted a very interesting pic on Instagram today

Got a link, welshie? :)
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Beat me to it {[]
    Thanks! It's promising.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I’d be stoked to have Bautista/Mr. Hinx back in 25. Keep Blofeld unseen/unmentioned and in prison and include Hinx - would work for me.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting stuff :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Since he put it on his middle finger maybe he had the same experience Waltz did
    Gala Brand wrote:
    It seems that Boyle is committed to three films to be made in the next 18 months. Bond 25 alone will take about 14 months for pre-production, production, and post production. It's hard to see how Boyle can do all three unless he borrows Dr. Who's Tardis.

I really don't care what Boyle is committed to after Bond. The third film will wait until after Bond 25.
    JTM wrote:
    I’d be stoked to have Bautista/Mr. Hinx back in 25. Keep Blofeld unseen/unmentioned and in prison and include Hinx - would work for me.

Me too. I wouldn't mind a rematch between Bond and Hinx. I'm sure with Blofeld in jail, Hinx would be able to find employment with another twisted, sadistic, megalomaniac bent on world domination.
    Mrs Bond just announced she is pregnant. Guess DC will poss become a daddy again during filming if Bond 25 shoot on schedule!!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Mrs Bond just announced she is pregnant. Guess DC will poss become a daddy again during filming if Bond 25 shoot on schedule!!

If they don’t start until the end of the year, she’ll have the baby beforehand. She’s probably about 15 weeks along if she’s announcing it.